5 Best Parker Safety Razors – Detailed Review
If you have been searching for sturdy Parker Safety-Razor that provides a smooth and close shave without creating any cuts/nicks and razor-burns, then consider taking a look at some of the 5 Best Parker Safety-Razors featured below:
TOP 5 CONTENDERS:
- Parker 99R – Long Handle SUPER HEAVYWEIGHT Butterfly Open Double Edge Safety Razor – Check price on Amazon*****
- Parker 96R – Long Handle Butterfly Open Double Edge Safety Razor – Check price on Amazon
- Parker 66R Butterfly Open Double Edge Safety Razor – Super Heavyweight – Check price on Amazon
- Parker 24C -Three Piece OPEN COMB Double Edge Safety Razor & 5 Shark Super – Check price on Amazon
- Parker 87R Butterfly Open Double Edge Safety Razor – Traditional Short Handle – Check price on Amazon
How to Shave With a Safety Razor:
- Prepare and assemble your safety-razor: this will involve unscrewing the head and comb from the handle of the safety-razor and then fit in your double-edged razor. After, screw the head and comb back onto the handle before you begin using the safety-razor.
- Wash your skin before shaving: taking a shower before shaving actually helps to moisturize and soften your beard thus making the shaving-process much easier while eliminating any cuts/nicks. Additionally, you may also consider washing your face with a glycerin-soap before shaving so as to achieve a better shaving-experience.
- Apply a small amount of pre-shave cream onto the beard: applying a small amount of pre-shave cream onto the beards helps to soften them and even protects the skin from the sharp ends of the blade while shaving thus reducing on irritation.
- Apply a shaving cream over the beard: you will then have to lather-up your beard with a shaving-cream before you begin the shaving process. In fact, most shavers rely on the shaving-cream to provide the user with an effective and smoother shaving-experience.
- Place the safety-razor at about a 30-degree angle to the skin: you will now have to wet your safety-razor and then position it’s DE-razor at about a 30 degree-angle to the skin in order to achieve a closer shave with less cut and nicks.
- Shave with the grain on the first pass: this will involve shaving in a direction in which hairs of the beard out of the skin. In fact, this will help cut less beards and even facilitate for a more forgiving shaving experience.
- Frequently dip the razor into warm-water: you will have to frequently dip your safety-razor into a faucet filled with warm-water and then swirl it around in order to remove any dislodged-hair and gunk that may have gotten caught in-between the razor-head, blade and comb. In fact, a clean safety-razor will help you achieve a cleaner and smoother shave.
- Shave with small-strokes: shaving while using small-strokes and letting the weight of the safety-razor do its work will actually provide you with a cleaner and smoother shave that is even free of irritations.
- Hold the skin taut while shaving: holding the skin taut while shaving actually makes it much easier for the razor-blade to glide over the skin’s surface. So, holding your upper-lip down and holding lower lip up coupled with the skin beneath the jaw-line will actually help you achieve a closer and smoother shave with less nicks/cuts.
- Take a second pass: you will need to wet your face again and then apply a thin coat of shaving-cream in order to take a second pass. In fact, the aim of the first pass was to remove most of the stubble but there will still be some patches. So, the second-pass will help to shave away any remaining stubble without irritating your skin. However, on the second pass you will have to shave against the grain but very carefully so that you don’t irritate your skin.
- Repeat the shaving-process: consider repeating this shaving-process for as many times as necessary until you achieve a clean and smoother shave. However, you need to be extra-careful when shaving because each extra pass you make increases on the chance of getting nicks/cuts.
- Clean your safety-razor and was your face using cold-water: after shaving, you have to clean-up your safety-razor and then splash the face using cold-water for the skin to contract. In fact, washing the skin using cold-water after shaving helps to stanch-up blood caused by nicks and even makes the face feel more refreshing.
- Apply an aftershave: applying an aftershave onto your face after shaving will actually help to hydrate and tone your skin after shaving. So, there are 2-types of aftershaves that you can use which include alcohol-based aftershaves that tend to sting and at times dry-out the skin while witch-hazel aftershaves are very refreshing, don’t sting and tone the skin compared to alcohol-based aftershaves.
5 Best Parker Safety Razors:
- A Chrome plated brass frame.
- A Twist-to-Open (Butterfly-Open) design.
- A 4-inch long textured handle.
- A heavyweight design (3.4 ounces).
- A double-edge design.
The Parker 99R is a classic, long-handle safety-razor that features a butterfly-open head in order to ensure quick and easy replacement of blades in-between shaves. In fact, this is a super heavyweight safety-razor and this means that you have to apply less pressure while using it to shave and even its double-edge design makes it compatible with any DE razor-blades which are readily available on the market. On the other hand, this safety-razor looks really nice because it features a chrome-plated brass-frame which also very durable while it long 4-inch, textured handle provides the user with a sure grip when shaving under wet-conditions.
- This safety-razor is very durable and rust-resistant because it features chrome-plated brass frame which also looks stylish.
- The Parker-99R facilitates for easy blade replacement because it features a twist-to-open (butterfly-open) design that is very easy to use.
- It provides the user with a firm grip even under wet-conditions because it’s equipped with a long, textured 4-inch handle.
- It facilitates for a smooth and comfortable shave because it features a heavyweight design that requires a person to use less pressure while shaving.
- The Parker 99R is a very aggressive safety-razor but this depends on the angle used while shaving. This means that it can easily irritate your skin if you’re not extra-careful when shaving.
- Twist-to-Open butterfly-door design.
- A Long Textured handle.
- A Genuine Solid, Brass-Frame.
- A Double-edge design.
- A nickel plated frame.
- A weight of 2.6-ounces.
- 5 Shark Super-Chrome blades included.
Parker-96R is actually a long-handled, double-edge safety-razor that was designed to provide the user with a very smooth and clean shave with minimized skin-irritation. In fact, this safety-razor features a twist-to-open design which facilitates for quick and easy blade-replacement while the brass-frame that is chrome-plated ensures durability even when using the safety-razor under wet-conditions. On top of that, the Parker 96R features a 3-inch textured handle that provides the user with a sure grip even with soapy hands while the double-edge design makes this safety-razor compatible with standard double-edge razors.
- The Parker 96R razor provides the user with a firm grip when under wet-conditions or when having soapy hands because it’s equipped with a long textures handle.
- This Parker 96R safety-razor is also very durable and rust-resistant because it features a solid brass-frame that is coated with a nickel.
- This safety-razor is compatible with ay standard double-edge blades because it features a Double-Edge design.
- It features a great weight of about 2.6-ounces and this actually makes it a perfect shaving tool for booth novice and experienced wet-shavers.
- You have to be extra-careful and patient when using the Parker 96R safety-razor to shave-up any beards on your skin. So, this means that this safety-razor won’t work for people prefer shaving in rush because it will just irritate their skins.
- Parker 66R Butterfly Open Double Edge Safety Razor – Super Heavyweight:
- A Twist-To-Open Head-design.
- A 100% Brass-frame.
- A Chrome Plated finish.
- A 3.75-Inch Long Textured-Handle.
- A Super Heavyweight design.
- Includes Shark Super-Chrome Double-Edge Blades.
The Parker 66R is a butterfly-open safety razor that feels super-heavy so as to provide the user with a more amazing shaving-experience. In fact, this safety-razor features a Twist-To-Open head-design that facilitates for quick and easy blade replacement while its 100-percent brass-frame that is chrome-plated makes it extra-durable. On top of that, the Parker 66R features a long 3.75-inch, long textured-handle that offers the user with a firm grip even under wet conditions. Lastly, this Parker 66R safety-razor features a Double-edge design and this means that any standard double-edge blade will be able to fit into its head in order to provide the user with a smooth and clean shave.
- The Parker 66R safety enables the user to easily replace the blades because it features a Twist-To-Open head-design.
- This safety-razor is actually extra-durable and rust-resistant because it features a 100-percent brass-frame which is even chrome-plated for effective guarding results.
- It also provides the user with a sure or firm grip in either wet or soapy conditions because it features a long textured-handle.
- It also uses standard double-edge blades which are actually very affordable and even help to provide the user with a smooth and cleaner shave.
- This safety-razor may not work perfectly for people new to wet-shaving because it features a Super Heavyweight design and can even easily irritate your skin if not used at the right shaving-angle.
- Parker 24C -Three Piece OPEN COMB Double Edge Safety Razor & 5 Shark Super:
- A Heavyweight-design (3.3-ounces).
- An Open-comb head-design.
- A Solid-brass frame with a chrome-plating.
- A 4-inch long-textured handle.
- A Double-edge design.
The Parker 24C is a 3-piece, open-comb safety-razor that features double-edge design in order to provide the user with clean and smooth shave conveniently. in fact, the Parker 24C safety-razor features a solid brass-frame with a chrome-plating in order to ensure optimum durability even when used under wet-conditions while the long 4-inch handle that is well-textured provides the user with a firm grip while shaving. On top of that, this safety-razor features a heavyweight design and this implies that it will use its weight to provide the user with a more comfortable and smooth shaving-experience.
- It provides the user with an extremely close and comfortable shave because it’s equipped with an open-comb head. This open-comb head even facilitates for easy blade-replacement.
- This safety-razor provides the user with sure grip even under wet-conditions because it’s equipped with a 4-inch long-textured handle.
- It facilitates for an effortless and comfortable shave because it features a heavyweight-design. In fact, you have to apply less-pressure to achieve effective shaving-results while using the Parker 24C.
- This safety-razor is too aggressive and it actually requires you to use the right shaving-angle and pressure in order to achieve a safe and close shave.
- Parker 87R Butterfly Open Double Edge Safety Razor – Traditional Short Handle:
- A Twist-To-Open design (Butterfly-head).
- A 100% Brass-frame.
- A Traditional, Short, 3-Inch Textured Handle.
- A Double Edge Head-design.
The Parker 87R is an outstanding Double-edge safety-razor that features a Twist-To-Open (Butterfly-head) design that facilitates for easy blade-replacement and also ensures a safe and smooth shaving-experience. In fact, this safety-razor features a 100-percent brass-frame that has been chrome-plated so as to ensure optimum durability while the 3-inch textured-handle ensures a sure/firm grip when shaving under soapy/wet conditions.
- The Parker 87R facilitates for quick and easy replacement of blades because it features a Twist-To-Open head-design.
- This-safety-razor is also very durable since it features a 100% brass-frame coupled with a chrome-plating on top.
- It provides someone with a firm-grip when shaving under soapy/wet conditions because of its traditional short and textured handle.
- The Parker 87R safety-razor may not work perfectly for people with large and long hands because it’s equipped with a traditional short-handle.