8 Steps On How To Clean Baby Toys
Little children really love playing with toys and they won’t actually consider the dangers that rise from toys that may have been exposed to germs or any other harmful elements. In fact, with a still developing immune-system, your little-child should use only clean toys if you really want to keep him/her looking healthy. So, this means that as a parent you must make sure that your kids toys are always clean by cleaning them properly and if you don’t clean these toys, then your little child will probably become ill from lingering germs, grime or dirt on his/her toys. It’s for this reason that I have presented you a well compiled guide on how to prepare and clean your kid’s toys in a safe way without damaging them.
WAYS ON HOW TO CLEAN BABY-TOYS:
- Clean toys that touch the ground: always try to wipe clean all the toys that may have been dropped onto the ground or those that had contact with any ground dirt or grime while using baby-wipes in-case the toys are being used by a baby. But if the toys a being used by a toddler, then consider washing them normally with water and soap then wipe them dry using a clean kitchen-towel. However, if it’s an electric-toy that is sensitive to water then consider wiping in clean using baby-wipes so that you don’t cause any damage to it.
- Sanitize any durable toys by placing them into boiling water: you should consider thoroughly sanitizing some durable plastic-toys by submerging them into boiling-water. This will actually kill any germs and even remove any remaining grime from the toys making them extremely safe for use especially if such toys were intended to go in the baby’s mouth like pacifiers, teething-toys and much more. Additionally, you will have to boil water until it reaches its boiling point and then place the plastic-toys into this hot-water for about 10-minutes, take these toys out of the hot-water and then let them cool before giving them back to the baby. However, some plastic toys can damaged by high-temperatures and this makes them unsafe to by babies. so make remember to always inspect these toys after boiling them in order to make sure that they weren’t damaged in a way that can be harmful to the kids.
- Use damp-sponge to clean wooden and plastic toys: at times you should consider using a damp-sponge to clean-up plastic or wooden kid’s toys that have particles of food stuck onto their surfaces. You may even apply some little dishwashing soap into the damp-sponge in order to get rid of any germs but make sure that you wipe off any remaining soap by using a clean, damp kitchen-towel just before handing the toy back to the kids. In fact, this method of cleaning toys is very safe and advisable for use on electric-toys that can’t be immersed in water for thorough cleaning.
- Clean baby-toys using a solution of water and distilled white vinegar: create a solution of water and vinegar in equal-parts then place it into a spray-bottle. Start spraying this solution over dirty baby-toys and then let these toys rest for about 10-15 minutes. Afterwards, gently wipe-off any remaining water and vinegar solution on the toys using a damp clean towel and the toy will be extremely safe for your baby to use again.
- Use water and baking-soda to clean the toys: you can also consider creating a mixture of water and baking-soda then use it to clean-up the toys. So, you can mix 1-quart of water with at least 4 tablespoons of baking-soda, apply the solution over the dirty toy using a sponge and later dry-up the toys by wiping a clean towel over in order to remove any remaining solution. This method of cleaning toys is very safe because it will remove all the germs and grime from the kid’s toys hence making them safe for use.
- Wash stuffed, soft toys using a washing-machine: soft or stuffed toys like teddy-bears and dolls can actually be cleaned using a washing-machine but make sure that the instruction included on the toys tag affirm that machine-washing the toy wont ruin it. So, if the toy is machine-washable, then consider using hot-water in the washing-machine and then set that machine a low-heat setting when it comes to drying-up the toy. In fact, you may even remove the toy from the washing-machine after the cleaning the process and they hang it outside in order to let it air-dry.
- Wash durable baby-toys using a dishwasher: you can also consider washing any plastic baby-toys that are durable and resistant against heat using a dishwasher. So, place these plastic-toys onto the top-rack of the dishwasher and then set the dishwasher to a heat-dry setting for best results. However, don’t leave the toys inside the dishwasher for too long because this may actually damage it. So, consider setting the right amount of time that toys will spend within the dishwasher and after remove the toys from the dishwasher after the cleaning and drying process has completed.
- Remove all bath-toys form water after use: always remember to drain any bath-toys in order to remove any remaining water after each use because this will help to keep the bath-toys extremely clean and free of germs. In fact, if any residual water remains inside the bath-toys, it can quickly turn into mold and this will actually cause bacterial infections if your baby consumes it when playing with a dirty bath-toy.
TIPS ON HOW TO CLEAN BABY-TOYS:
- Always use a dedicated sponge or brand-new sponge to clean-up your baby’s toys. In fact, if you use a sponge to clean other items apart from toys, it will become contaminated with germs and other elements hence leading to diseases in case you use it to clean-up baby-toys.
- Consider using purely natural cleaning substances and products when washing-up your baby toys. This is very crucial because it prevent your baby from getting exposed to dangerous elements or chemicals in artificial cleaning products.
- Always clean bath-toys right after bath time because if you don’t do so, then the remaining moisture will develop into mold and bacteria which can be extremely dangerous for a little-child if consumed.