5 Best Cheap Treadmills – 2017 Selection (Based on Reviews & Ratings)
There are actually many treadmills on the market today ranging cheap to expensive treadmill. However, the cost of a treadmill actually depends on its functionality and this article I’m specifically listing for you some of the best cheap treadmills that you may tryout. So, in this article you will be able to find some of the best treadmills that have been equipped with amazing features which may include a foldable-design, a strong-frame, powerful motor-drives and a lot more in order to meet your fitness-goals easily when at home. On the other hand, most of the best cheap-treadmills cost around $600 to $800 and in case you need a simple, performing treadmill for home-use then it will cost you around $200-to-$500 and it’s up to you to select a treadmill that works best for you. Additionally, walkers and joggers have a wide-range of cheap-treadmills to choose from while runners will find a hard time getting a cheaper-treadmill because most of these treadmills are designed to support people exercising at lower speeds like walker or joggers. So, if you’re looking for treadmill to run on then consider spending some extra-money in order to achieve the best out of your workout. However, most cheap treadmills tend to come with poor warranty-policy so this implies that you should try to look for a treadmill with a good warranty-policy even if it requires adding some extra-money to buy one in order to be a safer side. All in all, this article features the best 5-treadmills under $1000 and most of these treadmills can be perfectly used at home and at the gym in order to meet your fitness-goals easily and conveniently.
TOP 5 CONTENDERS – 2017
- ProForm Performance 400i Treadmill – Check Price on Amazon********
- Exerpeutic Fitness Walking Electric Treadmill – Check Price on Amazon
- ProForm 6.0 RT Treadmill – Check Price on Amazon
- Merit Fitness 725T Plus Treadmill – Check Price on Amazon
- Goplus 500w Folding Portable Electric Treadmill – Check Price on Amazon
WHAT TO LOOK FOR WHEN BUYING A CHEAP TREADMILL
There are actually several factors to consider when choosing a cheap-treadmill to buy in order to improve on your overall fitness. Some of these factors have been listed below and if you follow them carefully you will be able to get a great cheap-treadmill;
- A large treadbelt: fitness-experts actually recommend using a treadmill with a wide treadbelt that measures at least 20 by 60 inches. This is because such a treadbelt will provide you with plenty of workout-space and this means that even tall or long-legged users will be able to run over such a treadbelt without feeling cramped on uncomfortable. On the other hand, shorter treadbelts are only suitable for walking and jogging while the very narrow treadbelts feel uncomfortable and unsafe to run on and they are usually found on cheaper folding-treadmills.
- A strong motor-drive: if you are need of cheap-treadmill for running exercises, then consider getting one equipped with a powerful continuous-duty motor that runs at about 3-hp in order to achieve best results. But if you are going to use a treadmill for walking or jogging then it’s ok to get one with a weaker motor-drive but it should still be powerful enough to provide you with an effective workout. On top of that, make sure that the motor is very durable and is backed by a great warranty for best results.
- Decline and incline settings: you will need to check for an incline or decline feature on a particular cheap-treadmill you’re buying because working-out on an incline/decline helps to improve on your workout-performance. However, only a few cheap-treadmills offer a decline-setting but most of them have an incline-feature. So this implies that you should consider getting a cheap-treadmill that is equipped with at least an incline-feature for best workout results.
- A comfortable deck: consider getting a treadmill that features at least some cushioning and shock-absorbers within its deck because it will offer you with optimum comfort so that you can be able to work-out for a longer period of time. In fact, comfortable deck will place less risk of damage to your joints and bones as you workout and this means that you should get comfortable cheap-treadmill for best fitness-results.
- A great display-monitor: when looking for a cheap-treadmill to buy, consider getting one equipped with a large and easy-to-read display/monitor because it will be able to show you all the workout-information you need in order to help you monitor your fitness-progress easily.
- Convenient and responsive controls: when looking for a cheap-treadmill to use at home, get one equipped with convenient and responsive controls that can be operated quickly and safely without interrupting your workout. In fact, you should get a treadmill equipped with quickset-buttons because it will enable you to change your workout speed and incline with just a touch of a button.
- A good warranty: you need to get a cheap-treadmill that is backed with a great warranty on the motor, frame and deck for best results. In fact, the best warranties offer lifetime coverage on the treadmills motor and frame coupled with at least a 2-year labor-warranty. However, most cheaper-treadmills come backed with a shorter warranty period and you should take note when buying one for yourself.
- 5 Best Treadmills Under 1,000
- 5 Best Treadmills for Runners
- 5 Best High-End Treadmills
- 5 Best FoldingTreadmills
- 5 Best Treadmills for serious runners
- 5 Best Commercial Treadmills
- 5 Best Treadmills For Walkers
- 5 Best Cross-Training Treadmills
- 5 Best Incline Trainers
- 5 Best Treadmill Alternatives
5 BEST CHEAP TREADMILLS – 2017 SELECTION:
- ProForm Performance 400i Treadmill
- 5-chp Mach Z motor
- A 20-inch by 55-inch tread belt
- 18 workout Apps
- A Grip-Pulse EKG heart-Rate monitor
- A CoolAire workout-Fan
- 300-lbs User Weight capacity
- A Compatible music-port for IPod
- Round Watts LED Display
The ProForm performance 400i is a powerful, entry-level treadmill that will enable you achieve an effective workout at anytime and conveniently within your house. This treadmill is actually equipped with a 2.5CHP Mach Z motor that is very strong and capable of withstanding your workout speed, interval and endurance while the 18 built-in workout-programs that have been designed by certified personal-trainers enable you to achieve a more customized workout that meets your fitness-goals. On top of that, the ProForm performance 400i features an EKG grip pulse heart-rate monitor which help you stay in the right cardio-zone when working-out while the ProShox cushioning-system helps to reduce impact within your joints with every step-taken when exercising. Additionally, this treadmill features a large 20 by 55 inch treadbelt which offers enough walking/running space while the foldable SpaceSaver design makes the treadmill very easy to store in-between workout. there is also compatible music-port for iPod that helps you to get entertained as you workout while the 300lb user weight-capacity implies that anyone within your house will be able to have a great workout over this treadmill as long he/she doesn’t exceed the specified user-weight.
- A powerful and high-performance drive-motor
- An Integrated Tablet-Holder which holds your tablet/phone securely and conveniently.
- iFit, Bluetooth and Smart Enabled for a more customized workout.
- A compatible audio-port with an integrated Intermix Acoustics 2.0 Sound-System.
- A 0-to–10% Quick Incline-Control for easy adjustment of incline.
- A 0-to–10% Quickspeed-Control for easy adjustment speed.
- A wide and long treadbelt with dimension of 20-inch x 55-inch.
- A SpaceSaver Design.
- Precision-machined and Balanced Non-flex Rear-roller
- It features a slightly smaller running/walking surface.
- It lacks a decline-setting but features an incline-setting.
- Exerpeutic Fitness Walking Electric Treadmill
- An LCD Display window that shows workout-information.
- A Speed Range of 0.4mph-to-4mph in increments of 1/10 mph.
- A 1.5 Horse Power High-Torque Motor.
- Product set-up dimensions of 47-inches L x 29-inches W x 51-inches H.
- An extra-supported heavy-duty frame.
- Extra-long safety handles.
- Ground-level walking surface and wide side-rails.
- A foldable design for easy storage.
- Maximum weight capacity of 350-pounds
- A Walking surface with dimensions of 36 x 16 inches.
- A speed control button on the handle-bar.
The Exerpeutic is an in-home, Fitness-Walking Electric Treadmill that was designed to operate up to top speeds of 4MPH in order to help you burn extra calories effectively so as to achieve a healthy lifestyle. In fact, this treadmill is equipped with a 1.5HP drive-motor which provides reliable performance while its ground-level walking surface coupled with wide side-rails offer a comfortable and safer workout. it is also equipped with a great LCD-display which shows distance, time, speed and calories-burned when having a workout. On the other hand, this treadmill folds up in order to ensure space-saving storage while the inbuilt wheels at the base facilitate for easy transportation in-between workouts. Lastly, this treadmill features a heavy-duty frame that can support a maximum user-weight of 350-pounds while the control-buttons on the right handle facilitate for easy usage.
- It offers reliable performance because of its 1.5HP drive-motor.
- Ideal for effective walking/jogging since it features speeds of 0.4 to 4 MPH.
- It has a heavy-duty frame that is designed for extra-weight support.
- A great LCD-monitor that displays time, distance, calories-burned and speed.
- It features extra-long safety handles that enhance on walking security and balance.
- It features a ground-level walking surface and wide side-rails which allow for easy mounting and dismounting.
- It folds-up easily to ensure space-saving storage and moves easily using the built-in wheels.
- It lacks an incline-feature and this means that you won’t get a more intense workout on this treadmill.
- It also lacks a heart-rate monitor or sensor which can be used to measure your heart-rate zone.
- ProForm 6.0 RT Treadmill
- A 10% Quick Incline Control
- A powerful 2.5-CHP Mach Z Motor
- TreadSoft Cushioning over the deck.
- A 10 MPH QuickSpeed Control
- A Wide-enough 18-inch x 55-inch Tread Belt
- 8 Workout Apps/programs by a certified personal trainer.
- An iPod-compatible port.
The ProForm 6.0 RT is a high-performance entry-level treadmill that will enable you to achieve a more customized training conveniently at home. This is because the ProForm 6.0 RT is equipped with a powerful 2.5 continuous horsepower motor-drive which delivers a consistent-power while ensuring a smooth workout and the 8 preset workout-programs designed by a certified personal-trainer offer you with a unique workout every-time you exercise. Additionally, this treadmill features a Quickincline and Quickspeed one-touch controls which enable you adjust your workout speed and incline without causing any interruptions. This treadmill is even designed with a wide-enough treadbelt equipped with TreadSoft-cushioning in order to reduce on joint-impact so as to achieve a more comfortable workout while the iPod-port enables you to connect an iPod in order to rock your favorite music as you workout.
- It boosts your performance with the help of Quickincline-controls so as to burn-up more calories.
- It can boost your workout-speed in increments up to 10-mph while using a QuickSpeed Control.
- The powerful 2.5-CHP Mach Z Motor that is built to withstand light and intense workouts.
- It provides you with over 8 workout-programs in order to achieve maximum performance.
- It reduces impact on your joints because it’s equipped with a TreadSoft-Cushioning over the deck.
- it features a wide-enough treadbelt which enables you to stretch-out your stride.
- It features a smaller LCD-display.
- It lacks a cooling-fan.
- Merit Fitness 725T Plus Treadmill
- A Workout area of 18-inches W x 45-inches L with an Aerosoft cushioning-system.
- A powered incline-range of 0-to-10 percent
- A top-quality 2.25-horsepower drive motor
- Speed-range of 0-to-10 miles per hour.
- A two-window LED display/monitor.
- 7 preset workout-programs.
- A pulse heart-rate monitor built into the handgrips.
- A folding frame.
- Maximum user-weight of 250-pounds.
The Merit Fitness 725T Plus is a simple in-home Treadmill that is equipped with a top-quality 2.25-HP motor coupled with a 2-window LED-display which helps to track your workout-information while the Spacious 18-inch by 45-inch walking/running-surface with an Aerosoft cushioning-system enable you to achieve a more comfortable workout. On top of that, this treadmill features a folding-frame which facilitates for easy storage and it also offers the user with workout-speeds of 0-to-10mph for a more efficient and effective workout.
- It can measure heart-rate-zone using pulse-monitor built into the handgrips.
- It features a foldable frame that ensures quick and easy storage.
- Tracks your time, distance, speed and calories-burned using a 2-window LED-display.
- A spacious workout-area that provides plenty of walking or running room.
- It lacks audio/entertainment features.
- Goplus 500w Folding Portable Electric Treadmill
- A Multi-function LED display.
- It features foam-handrails.
- An emergency stop-switch
- A low-noise 500Watt motor-drive
- A SpaceSaver design (47-inches L x 24-inches W x 46.5-inches H).
- A 250-lbs user-weight capacity.
- A heavy-duty steel construction
The Goplus 500w Folding Portable Electric is a foldable and portable treadmill that can be used conveniently within your home in order keep yourself physically fit. In fact, this treadmill features a powerful 500-watt motor that is very powerful while the clear multi-functional LED-display helps to track your workout-information. This treadmill features an emergency stop-switch and ergonomic foam-handrails coupled with a SpaceSaver-design that ensures easy storage in-between workouts. On top of that, the Goplus-500w features a heavy-duty construction coupled with an attractive design thus making it a perfect fitness-machine to use at home.
- It less-power compared to most treadmills available.
- It features a compact design and this means it can fit in homes with limited space.
- It’s very easy to assemble.
- It features an attractive design.
- It’s equipped with a powerful low-noise motor-drive.
- It’s equipped with somehow a smaller running-surface.
- It lacks entertainment features.
This marks the end of this summarized review on the ‘’Best Cheap Treadmills – 2017’’ – Bookmark this post for quick reference.