5 Best Cross-Training Treadmills
Cross-training treadmills are great fitness-machines designed to help walkers/runners get the benefits of working-out different muscle-groups with reduced impact on the joints compared to using a traditional treadmill. In fact, cross-training treadmills feature high incline-settings and this means that they replicate the motions of stair-climbing and elliptical-training coupled with regular walking/running exercises. On the other hand, cross-training can actually be achieved in different ways but it essentially involves combining aerobic-exercises and strength-training in order to help you meet your fitness goals easily. All in all, you should know that cross-training treadmills differ from normal-treadmills in terms of maximum-incline and top-speeds whereby the best cross-trainer machines are even equipped with advanced electronic-functions for optimum-support and entertainment while having a workout.
TOP 5 CONTENDERS – 2017
- NordicTrack C 990 Treadmill – Check Price on Amazon*****
- ProForm 505 CST Treadmill – Check Price on Amazon
- Nautilus T614 Treadmill – Check Price on Amazon
- Horizon Fitness Elite T9 Treadmill – Check Price on Amazon
- Schwinn 830 Treadmill – Check Price on Amazon
ELLIPTICAL CROSS TRAINER VS. TREADMILL
Both treadmills and elliptical trainers are great fitness-machines that can be conveniently used inside your house. in fact, the both fitness-machines are very easy-to-use and provide great health-benefits regardless of your fitness-levels but each of these methods of training has its advantages and disadvantages which will be listed below in detail;
- Treadmills: treadmills are fitness-machines that can actually offer you with both high and low impact workouts basing on your fitness-goals.
Advantages of using a treadmill over an elliptical cross-trainer:
- Offer high and low impact training: treadmills can provide you with both low-impact and high-impact workouts depending on what you want to achieve.
- Help to burn-up more calories: treadmills actually enable the user to burn-up more calories especially when using them for intensive-workouts compared to elliptical-machine.
- Increased bone-density: treadmills have been proven to improve on bone-density if used on a daily basis and this is actually a great thing for people having weaker bones.
- Improve on cardiovascular endurance: a treadmill will actually help you to increase on your cardiovascular-routine so that you can be able to run for longer distances.
- Reduce on joint-impact or injury: treadmills are equipped with a soft and flat running-surface which helps to reduce on the risk of getting injuries while having a workout.
- An adjustable incline: most treadmills actually offer the user with several adjustable inclines in order to achieve a more intense workout-routine.
Disadvantages of using a treadmill:
- Indoor use only: Treadmills are designed to be used with the house and this means that you won’t experience different terrains when using a treadmill.
- Not very safe to use by beginners: it will actually require you some practice to safely step-on or step-off treadmill’s moving-belt. So, it’s recommended to step on or off a treadmill when its switched off for optimum-safety.
- High-end treadmills are expensive: most high-end-treadmill that will offer you with several workout-options are abit pricey compared to elliptical-machines.
- An elliptical cross-trainer: this is an awesome fitness-machine designed to provide the user with a no-impact cardiovascular-workout while working-out different body-muscles.
Advantages of using an elliptical cross-trainer over a treadmill:
- Low impact training: an elliptical cross-trainer actually ensures a no-impact cardiovascular-workout that is very gentle on your joints and back compared to a treadmill.
- It works-out your legs and arms: some elliptical cross-trainers are equipped with handles that help to exercise your legs and arms simultaneously so that every muscle within your body is worked-out.
- It helps to burn-up more calories: elliptical-machines integrated with workout-handles help to burn-up more calories than cross-trainers that only offer leg-movement.
- Strengthen different muscle-groups: elliptical cross-trainers with a pedaling forward and backward option help to strengthen different muscle-groups.
- Help in strength building: you can also integrate strength-building to your elliptical training-routine by simply increasing on the intensity of your workout.
Disadvantages of using an elliptical cross-trainer:
- It does not improve on bone-density: using an elliptical cross-trainer won’t help you in building your bone-density which is not a good especially for people with weaker bones.
- Poor weight-loss results: you will not be able to lose weight quickly when using an elliptical cross-trainer and this means you should consider using a treadmill for effective weight-loss results.
- 5 Best Treadmills Under 1,000
- 5 Best Cheap Treadmills
- 5 Best Folding Treadmills
- 5 Best Treadmills for runners
- 5 Best Treadmills for serious runners
- 5 Best Commercial Treadmills
- 5 Best Treadmill Desks
- 5 Best Treadmills for Walkers
- 5 Best High-End Treadmills
- 5 Best Treadmill Alternatives
5 BEST CROSS TRAINING TREADMILLS – 2017 SELECTION:
- NordicTrack C 990 Treadmill
- A 3.0 continuous horsepower motor.
- A 0-to-12-percent incline-range.
- A 7-inch full-color touchscreen display.
- A 20-by-60-inch treadbelt with FlexSelect-cushioning.
- Adjustable Tablet-Holder.
- SpaceSaver Design with a telescoping EasyLift shock.
- An Intermix Acoustic Sound-System.
- An AutoBreeze Workout-Fan.
- 32 preloaded workout-programs.
the NordicTrack C-990 is a simple but high-performance treadmill equipped with a 3.0CHCP motor-drive coupled with an incline-range of up to 12-percent so as to help burn-up more calories while working-out different body-muscles. In fact, this treadmill has a 20-by-60-inch treadbelt that is integrated with FlexSelect cushioning in order to ensure a comfortable workout while the integrated 7-inch full-color touchscreen powered by iFit-technology enables you to access different routes and to create custom Google-maps training-routes so as to achieve an effective workout. On the other hand, this treadmill features an innovative SpaceSaver design that ensures optimum floor-space maximization while the integrated telescoping EasyLift shocks facilitate for quick folding/unfolding of the treadmill. Additionally, the AutoBreeze workout-fan keeps you feeling cool and comfortable when working-out while the included sound-system enables you to connect an iPod or mp3-player in order to listen to your favorite music as you workout.
- It features a stronger motor drive system which offers a quieter, smoother and longer workout.
- You can easily adjust your workout-intensity when using this treadmill by simply adjusting your incline-range from 0-to-15 percent.
- This treadmill offers a smooth and more comfortable workout because it equipped with a large-enough treadbelt with a cushioning-system on top.
- It features a 7-inch web-enabled touchscreen display which enables you to monitor your workout and even gets you entertained as you workout.
- This treadmill feels abit bulky because it’s a heavy-duty fitness-machine and this actually means that some individuals will find a hard-time moving it although it features a foldable-design.
- ProForm 505 CST Treadmill
- A SpaceSaver foldable-design.
- Maximum user-weight capacity of 300-pounds.
- Large LCD Window/display.
- 18 Workout Apps/programs.
- 0-to-10 MPH QuickSpeed-Control.
- A 20-inch by 55-inch Treadbelt.
- ProShox Cushioning under the treadbelt.
- Compatible Music Port for iPod and mp3-players.
- Two inbuilt 2-inch sound-speakers.
- EKG Heart-Rate-Monitor.
- A 2.5 CHP Mach-Z Commercial Motor.
- 0-to-10% Quick-Incline button.
The ProForm 505-CST is a high-quality treadmill that features over 18 workout-programs coupled with a 6-inch backlit display-monitor that shows all your workout-information while the integrated heart-rate monitor helps to monitor your heart-rate-zone as you workout. On top of that, this treadmill features a top-speed of 10-mph while its great treadbelt with a ProShox-cushioning on top facilitates for a smooth, comfortable and longer workout. On the other hand, this treadmill features a SpaceSaver foldable-design that facilitates for quick and easy storage in-between workouts while the integrated high-quality sound-system that is compatible with iPods and mp3-players enables you to enjoy your favorite tunes when having a workout. Lastly, this treadmill is equipped with a powerful 2.5CHP motor drive-system, an incline-range of 0 to 10%. 18 workout-programs and can even support a maximum user-weight of 325-lbs.
- It’s easier to track your heart-rate-zone when using this treadmill because it features a built-in heart rate monitor.
- This treadmill features a great 2.5 continuous horsepower motor that is built to ensure optimum speed and endurance for the toughest workouts.
- You will be able to experience an intense workout with this treadmill because it can be inclined up to 10%.
- It features a large LCD-monitor which enables you to keep track of your workout-statistics in order to meet your fitness-goals.
- This treadmill does not support wireless heart-rate monitoring because its equipped with only a handgrip EKG heart-rate monitor.
- Nautilus T614 Treadmill
- A Large high-resolution blue backlit LCD-monitor.
- NautilusConnect technology.
- A USB charging-port and even ensures data-exchange.
- 22 workout programs/apps.
- Quick-access speed/incline buttons.
- A 20-inch by 55-inch running-belt.
- StrikeZone 4-cell cushioning.
- Large 2.5-inch crowned rollers.
- A 2.75-CHP motor.
- A Speed-range of 0-to-12 MPH.
- An incline-range of 0°-to-12°.
The Nautilus T614 an effective training-machine powered by a 2.75CHP motor drive-system coupled with over 22 inbuilt workout-programs in order to enable the user to meet his/her fitness-goals. In fact, this treadmill features a StrikeZone cushioning system under the deck which delivers optimum comfort while the integrated high-resolution blue backlit LCD-monitor enables you to keep track of your workout-progress. on top of that, this treadmill a speed-range of 0-to-12mph and an incline-range 0-to-12% while the integrated 2.5-inch crowned-rollers facilitate for a quiet and smooth workout. On the other hand, this treadmill features a USB charging-port which ensures easy data-exchange in-between workouts while the spacious 20” by 55” running belt provides the user with ample workout-space.
- This treadmill enables you to keep track of your workout-progress in order to focus on your fitness-goals because it’s equipped with NautilusConnect-technology.
- It features a USB-port which facilitates for easy charging and data-exchange while having a workout.
- This treadmill facilitates for quick adjustment of speed and incline because its integrated with quick-access speed/incline buttons.
- It offers the user with a smooth and comfortable workout because its deck is equipped with StrikeZone 4-cell cushioning coupled with large 2.5-inch crowned rollers under.
- The Nautilus T614 Treadmill features a crowded display-monitor with a lot of buttons/control-options and this actually makes it abit hard to operate by some people.
- Horizon Fitness Elite T9 Treadmill
- A hydraulic folding system.
- A Variable Response Cushioning-system under the deck.
- Speed-range of 0-to-12mph.
- An incline-range of 0-to-15%.
- A 10″ touchscreen display/monitor.
- ViaFit technology.
- Passport Virtual Active technology.
- A Maximum User-weight capacity of 350-lbs.
- A 60-inch by 20-inch running-area.
- 44 workout programs/Apps.
- Contact-grips and Polar chest-strap with receiver heart-monitors.
The Horizon Fitness Elite-T9 is a truly responsive, high-performance treadmill that was designed to provide the user with an effective workout. This treadmill features am effortless hydraulic folding-system that makes it store in-between workouts while its strong and durable motor ensures optimum performance and it’s built to last. On top of that, this treadmill features a variable responsive cushioning-system over the deck that offers the right amount of support and comfort while the integrated heart-rate monitors enable you to stay within your heart-rate zone when having a workout. Additionally, the Horizon Fitness Elite T9 even features ViaFit-technology which enables to keep track of your workout-progress and then share it with your friends online.
- ViaFit Technology helps to track your workout-progress and then shares it with your online-friends.
- The integrated heart-rate monitoring systems enable you to stay within your heart-rate-zone while having a workout so as to meet your fitness-goals.
- This treadmill is very easy to fold/unfold between workouts because it features an effortless hydraulic folding-system.
- It will offer you with the right amount of comfort and support as you workout because it’s equipped with a variable response cushioning-system under the deck.
- The Horizon Fitness Elite-T9 is actually heavy and wide because it’s a heavy-duty fitness-machine. This means that it will take up a lot of space within your home and its even abit heavier to move around in-between workouts although it’s foldable.
- Schwinn 830 Treadmill
- An extra-large, high-resolution blue backlit LCD-monitor.
- A USB-port for charging and data-exchange.
- A 0-to-12 MPH speed-range.
- A 0-to-12% incline-range.
- A 2.75-CHP motor.
- A 20-Inch by 55-Inch treadbelt.
- 22 programs and 2 user-profiles.
- Acoustic sound-system with chambered-speakers.
- 5-Inch crowned rollers.
- A SoftDrop folding system.
- A 300-lbs. maximum user-weight capacity.
The Schwinn 830 is a simple but amazing treadmill equipped with an extra-large high-resolution LCD-monitor coupled with a USB-port for charging and data-exchange. this treadmill can actually operate to up to top-speeds of 12mph because it features a powerful 2.75 motor drive-system while its great incline range of 0-to-12% enables you to get an intense workout. On top of that, this treadmill features a spacious treadbelt which offers you with enough running-space while the inbuilt workout-programs enable to get a customized workout-routine. On the other hand, the Schwinn 830 is equipped with 2.5-inch crowned-rollers, a softdrop folding-system, and acoustic sound-system and can even support a maximum user-weight of 300-lbs.
- This treadmill facilitates for easy exchange of data and charging of other devices because it features a USB-port.
- It’s very easy to fold/unfold in-between workout since it features a softdrop folding-system.
- This treadmill enables you to easily keep track of your workout-progress using the integrated large high-resolution blue backlit LCD-monitor.
- Its 2.5-inch crowned rollers under the running-belt facilitate for a smooth and quiet workout.
- It’s equipped with a slightly smaller treadbelt and this actually means that it won’t work well for taller-people or sprint-runners.