5 Best Electric Leaf Blowers 2018 – Detailed Review
An electric leaf blower is not really different from any other leaf blower only that it uses electricity to power it on. This type of leaf blower is usually lighter in weight, free from emissions and are a lot much easier to use.
Cordless leaf blowers will give you more freedom when vacuuming your back yard – but you will have to pay more for that freedom. They use rechargeable batteries which might need replacement in the long run, but even when you’re buying them for the first time, that rechargeable battery that comes with the blower leads to an increase in the price of the item. On this list, I have featured 5 Best Electric Leaf Blowers for the year 2018 – Check them out below:
TOP 5 CONTENDERS – 2018
- DEWALT DCBL720P1 20V MAX 5.0 Ah Lithium Ion XR Brushless Blower – Check price on Amazon********built with an innovative axial fan design an then a variable trigger and speed lock
- Hitachi RB24EAP 23.9cc 2-Cycle Gas Powered 170 MPH Handheld Leaf Blower – Check price on Amazon*****contains an air volume of 441 CFM and an auto-return stop switch to simplify startup
- WORX WG520 Turbine Leaf Blower with 600 CFM – Check price on Amazon *****built with an hyper-stream air nozzle and a turbine fan technology
- Husqvarna 965877502 350BT 1.6 kW 50.2 cc 7500 rpm 180 MPH Backpack Leaf Blower – Check price on Amazon *****contains a 42.27 fluid ounces of fuel tank volume and then an integrated back pack harness
- Husqvarna 952711925 125B 28cc 2-Stroke 170 MPH Gas Powered Handheld Blower – Check price on Amazon *****constructed with a cruise control function and an adjustable blowing tube length
- What Is The Best Leaf Blower
- What Is The Best Lawn Mower
- What Is The Best Backpack Leaf Blower
- What Is The Best Cordless Drill
- What Is The Best Garage Door Opener
WHAT TO LOOK FOR WHEN BUYING AN ELECTRONIC LEAF BLOWER?
- Sufficient airflow: now you need to buy an electronic that is constructed with a very sufficient airflow so that tasks can be accomplished easily and efficiently. Airflow is defined as both the velocity that is measured in MPH and a volume that is measured in cubic feet per minute. However you should make sure that you don’t only rely fully on one measurement or the other to make comparisons on leaf moving ability. Experts warn that CFM and MPH measurements don’t essentially say the entire story as things like the nature and the shape of the discharge tube can impact performance as well.
- A variable-speed trigger: the best electric leaf blowers are the ones that come with a countless number of speed settings on it that are designed to let the user be able to customize the power in order to match the current task available. The kinds that have a power dial might come handy as compared to machines with a one constant speed but be warned as they are not very adjustable. So make sure that you choose the electronic leaf blowers with variable speed triggers that will allow you switch the speed depending on the amount of cleaning that you have to perform.
- Corded or cordless use: there are two main types of the electric leaf blowers which is the corded and the cordless types. Now the difference is that the corded leaf blowers are powered by an extension cord making them the best types especially for people with small lawns. These leaf lawns usually have an advantage of being emission free, lightweight, easy operation and even with a quiet use as compared to the gas powered ones. However if your lawn is quiet larger or has very many obstacles on them like hedges and shrubs then the cordless electric leaf blower is the best choice. These cordless powered leaf blowers use batteries that are rechargeable and don’t require an extension. They have the advantage of providing you with free movement throughout your lawn without being restricted by cords. Just like the corded ones, they are also lightweight, simple to use and then they are handheld. The one con to these cordless leaf blowers is that there batteries usually don’t last the entire day but rather only approximately an hour but then they are be rechargeable easily for 3approximately 30 minutes to allow continued use.
- Brand reliability: now there are some top brands on the market that are popular for their solid construction and then durability as well which are the main two key features when you want a leaf blower that will last you a long time of reliable usage. The brands that have lasted longer on the market usually have better leaf blowers as compared to the newer ones. Now the standard warranty of most of the leaf blowers is two years however with a longer exposure that could even go up to seven years is popular with most brands.
- Noise level: first of all, what is the noise restriction of the place where you live? Yes you need to find that out before you purchase a leaf blower. Now the leaf blowers that produce very minimal noise are less than 65 dB from a distance of 50 feet away which is a decent level especially for the uptown landscapers. The ones with a lesser noise output will protect your ears and then also wont affect your neighbors.
5 BEST ELECTRIC LEAF BLOWERS – 2017 REVIEW
- DEWALT DCBL720P1 20V MAX 5.0 Ah Lithium Ion XR Brushless Blower
- Innovative axial fan design
- Variable trigger and speed lock
- Brushless motor maximizing efficiency and durability
- Air volume of 400 CFM
- Air speed of 90 MPH performance
- 20V MAX 5.0Ah Lithium Ion Battery
- 65 dB for use in noise restricted areas
- Dimensions of 23.44 x 7.81 x 15.25 inches
- Weighs 9.7 pounds
- 3 year limited warranty
DEWALT DCBL720P1 leaf Blower is built to perform through using the innovative axial fan design which is important as it will assist maximize on the output of air and its run time. This means that the air that is created is enough to quickly and reliably remove the leaves from the ground while the run time after a full charger will take a much longer time allowing you have a thorough clean before requiring a recharge. Its total run time is 15 minutes after you have charged the battery fully. To be more specific this DEWALT DCBL720P1 leaf Blower is constructed with a performance that is up to 400 cubic feet per minute of the air volume and this way you will be able to have a 90 MPH of air speed while using it and thus the reason why its powerful. Another incomparable performance of this DEWALT DCBL720P1 leaf Blower is through the variable trigger along with the speed lock that is created to provide total power control especially for the specialized user with the ability to be able to lock speeds as well so that there is no accidental speed changes made while you are in the middle of leaf blowing. Now every single leaf blower makes noise while being used but the noise level of this DEWALT DCBL720P1 leaf Blower is quiet low with a low noise performance of 61 dB which is great especially when you stay in a community with noise restriction laws. What makes this DEWALT DCBL720P1 leaf Blower easy to use is the its lightweight construction that is only 9.7 pounds in weight along with its very ergonomic design that is comfortable to hold and very compact in size. The kind of battery that it uses is the 20 Volt max 5AH Lithium Ion Battery and thankfully it comes with a charger for it.
- Comfort grip handle: with the DEWALT DCBL720P1 leaf Blower, you will enjoy the opportunity of being able to hold and use an ergonomically designed leaf blower. This is because it contains a handle size that is optimized to fit perfectly in the hand and then also position with over-mold for your personal comfort. This way, while use and after use, you won’t feel any friction and its effects in your palms at all.
- Speed lock: this is a very important feature in every leaf blower but however most of the low quality leaf blowers don’t contain it because they are constructed with single speed levels. Well because of the various speeds on this DEWALT DCBL720P1 leaf Blower, it has been built with a speed lock so that the selected speed level is maintained while you are cleaning till you make changes. This is of an advantage because it won’t leave room for any accidental speed dials while you clean.
- Low noise level: for health purposes like protecting your eardrum and then also living harmoniously with your neighbors’, it is very important that you own a leaf blower that contains very low noise output like this DEWALT DCBL720P1 leaf Blower that is constructed a noise level of up to 61 dB in performance. This means that you will also be able to use it in areas with noise restriction laws without going against the law.
- Compact and lightweight: this DEWALT DCBL720P1 leaf Blower is constructed with a very compact size of approximately 44 x 7.81 x 15.25 inches in dimensions making it very easy to hold and work with. Then at only 9.7 pounds in weight, this electric leaf blower is a lot much lighter especially as compared to the gas leaf blowers that weigh much more. This means it will be easy for you to carry it without requiring a lot of energy and then it also won’t cause body ache like back pain due to heaviness.
- Limited run time: with only 15 minutes in maximum run time, it is appropriate to say that this DEWALT DCBL720P1 leaf Blower has a very short run time especially as compared to the gas leaf blowers and other more powerful versions of the electric leaf blowers. This means that if you have a very large walkway or commercial area and so on, the 15 minutes might not be enough and so it will put short you’re cleaning as you recharge it again.
2. Hitachi RB24EAP 23.9cc 2-Cycle Gas Powered 170 MPH Handheld Leaf Blower
- Air volume at 441 CFM
- 9cc commercial grade 2 stroke engine
- Impressive air velocity of 170 MPH with taper nozzle
- Lightweight with 8.6 pounds
- Dimensions of 15 x 10.5 x 17.3 inches
- Auto-return stop switch simplifies startups
- 7 year warranty
- Gas powered
- A large two-finger throttle lever
Hitachi RB24EAP 23.9cc Handheld Leaf Blower is the kind that will ensure that big cleanups are completed within a very short amount of time because it uses a 23.9cc commercial grade engine and 1.13 horsepower. It contains a PureFire low emission two stroke technology which ensures that lesser fumes will me released so that you always have a safe operation as well as a lower environmental impact. This Hitachi RB24EAP 23.9cc Handheld Leaf Blower is also constructed with a high air volume that is up to 441 cubic feet per minute that lets it be able to remover every kind of debris and then an extraordinary air velocity of 170 miles per hour especially when it is used with the taper nozzle that is included. With this high air volume and then velocity, it means that you will be able to accomplish any kind of task provided like big tasks like autumn leaf removal and then the quick ones like stray grass clippings removal. This Hitachi RB24EAP 23.9cc Handheld Leaf Blower also features a purge primer that allows the user be able to have a quick and easy start along with the larger two finger-throttle that is designed for easier operation. It’s lightweight of only 8.6 pounds provides it with an outstanding balance and low weight allowing it be perfect especially for small clean ups like removing the grass clippings while the powerful engine allows it handle the much bigger yard tasks. On the other hand one feature that completely won me over about this Hitachi RB24EAP 23.9cc Handheld Leaf Blower is the auto-return stop switch that has the purpose of being able to automatically reset to the ‘ON’ position so that the startup process is simplified for you. It is said that the quality of a product is proven with how long its warranty stands and in this case, the Hitachi handheld blower contains a 7 year consumer warranty that it is backed up with and then if it’s used in a non-rental commercial application then the warranty will only last two years.
- A low emission engine: this Hitachi RB24EAP 23.9cc Handheld Leaf Blower is without doubt constructed with a low emission engine that makes every kind of task possible and simple. Its engine is 23.9cc, 1.13 horsepower which makes it a commercial grade engine that is constructed with a PureFire low emission 2-stroke technology. This means that just as you will be safe during operation, so will the environment with much lesser fumes released. This is the very reason why it is CARB Tier III compliant for use in California.
- High air volume and velocity: the higher the air volume the better as it means that you will clean the area regardless of the type of leaves within a very short time. This is the very reason why this blower is constricted to operate with an air volume of 441 cubic feet per minute allowing it complete every task and then an air velocity of 170 miles per hour particularly when used along with the taper nozzle that is provided.
- Auto-return stop switch: this is a very special kind of switch that is found on this Hitachi RB24EAP 23.9cc Handheld Leaf Blower to allow the blowers to always remain in the ON position. This is great in a way that you will have a very easy startup when you have to clean without waiting long for it to switch to ON.
- Lightweight design: if you want to stay away for body pains like back ache, shoulder ache, arm ache and so much more that is especially caused through lifting a heavy object for long then this lightweight Hitachi RB24EAP 23.9cc Handheld Leaf Blower will be a great choice. This kind of low weight allows it easily maneuvers and thus you will clean with a lot of ease and have almost no fatigue afterwards.
- A little loud: the noise level of this Hitachi RB24EAP 23.9cc Handheld Leaf Blower is quiet really loud while it is being used to clean. This places it at a disadvantage especially as compared to other blowers with less noise like the DEWALT DCBL720P1 leaf Blower with 65 Db. This means that this Hitachi RB24EAP 23.9cc Handheld Leaf Blower might not be accepted especially in placed with noise restriction levels. Also make sure that while using it to clean, you wear some eye protective gear from all the noise produced.
3. WORX WG520 Turbine Leaf Blower with 600 CFM
- Dynamic airflow design
- Powerful variable speed control
- Hyper-stream air nozzle
- High capacity air volume
- Lightweight and ergonomic design
- Turbine fan technology
- One hand operation
- 600 Cubic feet per minute
- Cordless blower
- Three different power options
- Measurements of 9.6 x 11 x 40 inches
- 120 Volts
- 2 pounds in weight
WORX WG520 Turbine Leaf Blower is constructed with a very powerful Turbine technology that will take the leaf blowing operation from an ordinary level to the next new level. Now first of all, this is an electric blower that is able to provide an air volume of up to 600 cubic feet per minute allowing you gather very kind of debris that there is on the ground which includes cleaning up after the lawn has been mowed and leaves that have piled up after falling from the trees. To make all this kind of work possible, you have to first charger it fully and then plug it into an extension cord and go. The kind of flexibility obtained from this WORX WG520 Turbine Leaf Blower this almost unmatched due to its cordless operation through its power-share program that provides you with the power of gas and the convenience of a cordless use. Its motor unit is brushless and extremely powerful with up to 120 volts of cordless power. One of the features that really stood out for me is the variable speeds that are designed for various jobs allowing you to switch easily to an air speed of up to 115 mph that will suit that current job. This way you can be able to lower the speeds in order to wipe clean the corners or mulch from the flower beds and then after crank it up and then pile up the leaves and finally sweep out the garage. It also includes the turbine fan technology that is designed to help generate all of the airflow. Through its dynamic air flow, this blower will be able to quickly and easily move a larger volume of air enlarging the capabilities of this leaf blower. What makes this WORX WG520 Turbine Leaf Blower a one hand operation is the lightweight that it contains weighing only 7.2 pounds allowing you easily carry and maneuver it around as you clean the entire place without any strains caused on the body.
- Turbine fan technology: this kind of technology is one of the best when it comes to generating all of the airflow in a blower and luckily it is constructed on this WORX WG520 Turbine Leaf Blower. It is able to produce a lot of airflow that is able to blow off all the debris including the simple ones like the grass clippings after mowing and then also the heavier ones like the leaves that are either still wet or piled up in larger volumes.
- Variable speeds: this WORX WG520 Turbine Leaf Blower contains quiet a number of speeds and that is why it has been selected among our best electric leaf blowers among other factors. It contains quiet a number of speeds that you can select from in order to perform the different kinds of tasks that there can be. Like for example if you would like to clean the corners or just mulch from the flower beds then you will have to turn the speed down while for the piled up leaves or sweeping the garage, you will have to increase the speed. This way you will be able to work well with every kind of task with a required speed level.
- Plug and go: now how easy is that!!! Guess what, with this WORX WG520 Turbine Leaf Blower, you won’t need to mix any gas and oil in order to obtain this kind of power because all you have to do is plug it into an extension cord and you are good to go. This way it will then be able to provide up to 600 Cubic feet per minute of air that is able to blow away any kind of leaves and debris.
- Hyper-stream air nozzle: this WORX WG520 Turbine Leaf Blower contains a hyper-stream air nozzle that is basically a tube that contains varying cross sectional area and is responsible for directing the flow of the air. This creates a very powerful stream that is able to still efficiently operate even in extremely tough conditions removing all the debris without failing.
- Requires extension cord: this WORX WG520 Turbine Leaf Blower unfortunately operates through connecting it to an extension cord which wouldn’t have been a problem but the fact that you have to drag it throughout the place where you are cleaning makes it very inconveniencing and then sometimes it might get loose and then you will have to reconnect it back on the extension cord making it tiresome especially when you have a larger task ahead.
4. Husqvarna 965877502 350BT 1.6 kW 50.2 cc 7500 rpm 180 MPH Backpack Leaf Blower
- Hip belt and wide shoulder straps
- Integrated back pack harness
- 104 dB(A) sound power level
- Adjustable fan speed
- Power output of 2.1 HP X-Torq engine
- Maximum power speed: 7500 RPM
- Air purge
- 17 cubic feet per minute
- 27 fluid ounces of fuel tank volume
- 2 years warranty
- CARB Complaint
- Measurements of 19 x 19 x 79 inches
If you know you are a professional landscape contractor or just a home owner with a larger land area then this Husqvarna 965877502 350BT Backpack Leaf Blower is the perfect tool for all your blowing needs. First of all, this leaf blower features an improved powerful X-Torq engine that contains a power level that is increased, produces less emission and has a better fuel economy as compared to most leaf blowers. In other words, it is a 2.1 horsepower engine that contains a maximum power speed of up to 7,500 RPM letting it be able to produce wind speeds that are up to 180 miles per hour. This is the reason why it is able to blow any kind of debris off inclusive of the tough yard waste. It has an ergonomically designed harness which is ventilated and created to assist help minimize load with a hip belt that is designed with a shape that will fit perfectly on a person’s body contours with wide shoulder straps. This will ensure control for high capacity and simplicity to use then also mounted on the tube are throttle controls. Further more on the features is the patented two-stroke X-Torq engine technology that is designed to provide the user will much more power when you require it and then at the same time with a 20% less fuel use and 60% less emission as compared to the standard 2-stroke engine. On the other hand, what really brought this Husqvarna 965877502 350BT Backpack Leaf Blower to my attention was the high capacity 42.27 fluid ounce tank that is able to uphold hours of operation. With the cruise control feature, you will be able to maintain a constant level of fan speed while the air purge feature is able to eliminate air from the carburetor and the fuel so you can have a simple starting.
- Powerful X torq engine: this kind of engine is one of the very best and it does come with quiet a number of great advantages like an increased power, minimized emissions and then a better fuel economy. This way you will be able to have enough power when you need it depending on the kind of work you have at hand and then it comes with up to a 20% reduced fuel use and up to 60% reduced emissions. Through this, not only is it safe for the environment but it will also allow you save a lot more fuel as you operate it safely.
- Eliminates all debris: this Husqvarna 965877502 350BT Backpack Leaf Blower is able to easily remove every kind of debris especially because of its powerful 2.1 horsepower engine that comes with a maximum power speed of up to 7,500 RPM. This means that it is able to produce wind speeds that are up to 180 miles per hour which is perfect for blowing away even the most stubborn yard waste that any low quality leaf blower wouldn’t do.
- Integrated harness: this Husqvarna 965877502 350BT Backpack Leaf Blower is constructed with an integrated harness that has been ventilated and designed to assist reduce the amount of load while using a hip belt. This kind of hip belt has been shaped in a way that it will perfectly fit the contours that are on the body and it also has wide shoulder straps that will fit perfectly. It is also constructed with a soft grip handle that will let you have a most favorable maneuvering.
- Cruise-control function: this is a very great feature that is found on this Husqvarna 965877502 350BT Backpack Leaf Blower to serve the role of maintain a constant fan speed on the leaf blower. This will therefore allow you be able to finish every kind of job inclusive of the big ones without having to regularly control the speed of this Husqvarna 965877502 350BT Backpack Leaf Blower.
- Weak construction: some of the materials that have been used to construct this Husqvarna 965877502 350BT Backpack Leaf Blower are unfortunately made using very cheap plastic that won’t last a long time. Like for example the plastic holder that is created for the throttle is very weak and it easily gets damaged.
5. Husqvarna 952711925 125B 28cc 2-Stroke 170 MPH Gas Powered Handheld Blower
- Fan speed can be set
- Engineered fan housing
- Automatic stop switch reset to ON position
- Adjustable blowing tube length
- CARB Compliant
- 170 MPH
- Gas powered
- Cruise control function
- 38 x 16 x 8 inches in measurements
- Weigh of 9.4
Finally is this Husqvarna 952711925 125B 28cc Handheld Blower that is designed to deliver every single leaf blowing need regardless of how heavy or light the job is. First of all it is able to deliver up to 170 MPH in air power which will easily blow the leaves regardless of how piled up or fresh they are and then also remove the grass clippings that are left behind after mowing. This way you will be able to easily maintain your yards, walkways, garage and so on. It is constructed with a specially engineered fan housing that is created to allow the air stream to be in line with the handle of this leaf blower. This way while carrying it, you don’t feel much stress on the arms and the wrists. Nevertheless what amused me about the fan is that it comes with a fan speed that can be set to suit the task at hand and this way you will be able to have an easier handling. It also comes with a very lightweight design so that it is able to lessen stress while at the same time being able to provide massive wind power. In order to maintain the constant fan speed, there is a special feature which is the cruise control function to assist you with that so that you can easily tackle raking and even sweeping tasks with a lot of simplicity. Another great performance of this Husqvarna 952711925 125B 28cc Handheld Blower is through the stop switch that is able to automatically be able to reset to the ON position so that starting this leaf blower is very easy and instant. Well, most left blowers are constructed with a fixed tube length but luckily this Husqvarna 952711925 125B 28cc Handheld Blower contains an adjustable blowing tube length to allow you have the best performance experience. Finally it is CARB Compliant so you won’t have to worry about safety.
- Engineered fan housing: the fan housing of this Husqvarna 952711925 125B 28cc Handheld Blower has been specially engineered with the main purpose of allowing the air stream be in line with the handle. This way you won’t be able to try hard to place the air stream in line with the handle which in the process can result to a lot of stress on the body especially the arm and the wrist. When an air stream in line with the handle, you won’t have to strain your body anymore as it is made easy.
- Cruise control function: another pro to this Husqvarna 952711925 125B 28cc Handheld Blower is that it contains this great cruise control function that helps it be able to maintain a constant fan speed that you have set and this way you will be able to undertake not just raking alone but even sweep with a lot of ease always and this way tasks will be accomplished quickly and even you will love doing it.
- Adjustable tube length: now you can be able to adjust the length of this blowing tube that is found on this Husqvarna 952711925 125B 28cc Handheld Blower and work with a lot of ease. This is because when the blowing length can’t be adjustable, managing the left blower can be really different and the performance will be unreliable as compared to when it can be managed thus delivering the best performance.
- Delivers high air power: this Husqvarna 952711925 125B 28cc Handheld Blower is able to deliver a very high power that is of up to 170 MPH which is great at blowing the leaves and the grass clippings as well. With such a high power you will be assured that no any amount of debris will remain behind once you start cleaning leaving your yard properly maintained.
- Requires some warm up: with this Husqvarna 952711925 125B 28cc Handheld Blower, if you want the best results, you will have to wait a little like approximately 30 seconds for it to completely warm up and then it will be able to operate perfectly removing every single debris on the ground especially leaves and grass clippings.
*****OUR BEST CHOICE*****
DEWALT DCBL720P1 20V MAX 5.0 Ah Lithium Ion XR Brushless Blower
WHAT MAKES DEWALT DCBL720P1 OUR BEST CHOICE?
- Brushless motor
- 400 CFM of air volume
- Powerful battery of type 20V MAX 5.0Ah Lithium Ion Battery
- Variable trigger and speed lock
- 65 dB for use in noise restricted areas
- 90 MPH of air speed performance
- Lightweight with only 9.7 pounds
- Maximum efficiency and durability
- Easy startup
- Compact size
This marks the end of this detailed review on the ‘’Best Electric Leaf Blowers – 2018’’. Bookmark this post for future reference.