5 Best Leaf Blowers 2018 – Detailed Review
A leaf blower is a gardening tool that has the ability to propel air out of a nozzle in order to move debris like leaves and grass clippings. They are sometimes just referred to as blowers with majority of them powered by gasoline or electric motors.
Some of these leaf blowers contain units that have the ability to suck leaves and small debris through a vacuum and then shred them into a bag for easy collection & disposal. On this list I have featured some of the best leaf blowers for the year 2018 – Check them out below:
TOP 5 CONTENDERS – 2018
- Toro 51621 UltraPlus Leaf Blower Vacuum – Check price on Amazon**** best for its time saving oscillation tube and superior blowing and mulching
- Hitachi RB24EAP 23.9cc 2-Cycle Gas Powered 170 MPH Handheld Leaf Blower – Check price on Amazon popular for its auto-return stop switch and then PureFire low emission two-stroke technology
- Greenworks 24012 7 Amp Single Speed Electric 160 MPH Blower – Check price on Amazon best known for quiet performance and safety cord lock feature
- Toro 51619 Ultra Blower/Vacuum – corded – Check price on Amazon it has as an improved and larger metallic impeller and also variable speed control
- BLACK+DECKER LSW20 20V Lithium Ion Sweeper – Check price on Amazon contains a built in scraper and a powerful airflow
- What Is The Best Electric Leaf Blower
- What Is The Best Backpack Leaf Blower
- What Is The Best Lawn Mower
- What Is The Best Cordless Drill
- What Is The Best Garage Door Opener
- What Is The Best Pressure Washer
- What Is The Best Commercial Pressure Washer
WHAT TO LOOK FOR WHEN BUYING A LEAF BLOWER?
- Gas or electric: you should know that all the leaf blowers you will find come with two kinds of power source which is either gas or electric. First is that, the best corded electric blowers are usually very powerful and they will help you accomplish any given tasks be in big or small within 100 feet of a power outlet. On the other hand the gas handheld models are very flexible as they can go anywhere though usually much heavier, noisy, costly and with some other responsibilities like fueling and maintenance. On the other the cordless electric types have a better advantage of providing less power as compared to the gas models and they are also lightweight though they have a limited runtime per battery charge. The backpack gas blowers are usually more costly as compared to the handheld blowers but then again much cheaper as compared to the cordless models and they provide much more power while shifting the weight from your arms to the back and shoulders as most of them weigh up to approximately 22 pounds. An example of a gas powered leaf blower in this review is the Hitachi RB24EAP Handheld Leaf Blower while all the others are electric powered.
- Noise level: make sure that you first check the level of noise produced by the leaf blower before you buy it because these devices can really tend to be loud and affect most of your neighbors as you clean. So most of the labels you find will list the decibels or dBa allowing you be able to make comparisons. If you live in a community that prohibits leaf blowers especially during particular hours because of the noise level then you will have to opt for the ones with very low noise level and work only during permitted hours so you don’t go against the terms and live peacefully.
- Variable speed settings: the more speed settings that a leaf blower has the better as compared to the ones with one or two only speed settings. This is because these variable speed settings let the user of the leaf blower be able to customize the power that is able to perfectly match the job to be done. The leaf blowers that contain speed dials won’t be as adjustable however they are also very handy as compared to the leaf blowers with only a single constant speed. Some of the leaf blowers I have reviewed in this article with variable speed settings include; Toro 51621 UltraPlus Leaf Blower Vacuum, Toro 51619 Ultra Blower/Vacuum blower.
- Adequate airflow: first an air flow is in most times specified as both the velocity that is measured in mph and then the volume that is measured in cfm and it is found in every leaf blower with the highly adequate ones being the best as compared to the ones with lower airflows. However you shouldn’t also rely on the airflow alone because experts say that the cfm and mph measurements also work a long other things to make it better like the shape of the discharge tube and nature that can highly affect performance regardless of the measurements.
- Comfort: it is of no use having a leaf blower that is so uncomfortable to hold and work with because this will greatly affect its performance and also cause problems to your body. Now what you should know is that the best handheld leaf blower should be designed in a way that it will naturally hang at a downward angle while you carry it. It should also have an ergonomic design that makes it easy to hold so that you are comfortable always. Finally makes sure that the leaf blower you choose contains very little weight otherwise you might almost fail to lift it or it will cause you some health problems like back pain, shoulder pains and so much more. The lightweight leaf blowers will also help you easily maneuver especially the air tube with very minimal effort.
5 BEST LEAF BLOWERS – 2018 REVIEWS:
- Toro 51621 UltraPlus Leaf Blower Vacuum
- Powerful up to 250 mph degree
- Variable speed control
- Vacuum tube
- Superior blowing and mulching
- Time-saving oscillating tube
- Cord storage hook
- Bottom-zip bag
- Metal impeller
- Quick release latch
- 14 x 9 x 45 inches in dimensions
- Weight 8.9 pounds
If you are looking for the easiest way to get rid of all those leaves then you gotta look no further than this Toro 51621 UltraPlus Leaf Blower Vacuum. This is the highest performing blower from the Toro Company as it contains some powerful features that assist in making it what it is as it has been proven by controlled laboratory testing. So first is its powerful ability with up to 250 MPH° and a top rated air horse power ° to quickly blow off all the leaves. Then there is the patented shredz all shred ring that is created to operate along with a metal impeller with a blue shred ring that is designed to minimize up to 97% of mulched debris to less than 1/2 inch*. Furthermore is an included oscillating kit that created to automatically sweep the air in a back and forth formula so that a wider blowing path is made on the hardscapes without have to move the wrist. The main blower tube is built specifically to assist with blowing the dry leaves while the power insert feature is built to assist with the leaves that are wet and heavy so that you can be able to use your leaf blower at all times of the year without any complications. Another feature is the concentrator that is used in crevices and corners that might be hard to blow off the leaves. What stood out most for me was the variable speed control that is created to allow the user have a better and improved control in both the blower and the vacuum mode and then the quick-release latch that assist you be able to switch your blower to a vacuum within just seconds without requiring any tools. Let me conclude with the built in cord lock that performs through maintaining the cord attached to the blower vacuum at all times.
- Quick release latch: it is important that when you are in the middle of cleaning, you won’t have to waste a lot of time stopping and trying to change the device into a vacuum cleaner. This is because this Toro 51621 UltraPlus Leaf Blower Vacuum is professionally built with a quick release latch that has the ability to allow you quickly within seconds alter the blower into a vacuum without needing any tools. This makes the cleaning process time saving and convenient every time.
- Cord storage hook: there is a special storage hook that is attached to this Toro 51621 UltraPlus Leaf Blower Vacuum and it will ensure that once you are done leaf blowing, the device will remain well kept till the next use time. All you have to do after completing the job is to simply attach this cord storage hook and then after wrap the extension cord around the blower and have an easy storage.
- Variable speed control: this Toro 51621 UltraPlus Leaf Blower Vacuum is constructed with quite a number of different speeds so that you can have a better control over both the blower and the vacuum modes. Using this variable speeds, you will be able to change to the speed levels that you feel is more appropriate for the amount of leaves that you are blowing off your compound.
- Dump zipper: this amazing Toro 51621 UltraPlus Leaf Blower Vacuum contains bottom zipper which I can best describe as a vacuum bag that contains a tactically placed bottom zipper that allows you easily empty the bag once it’s full with the rubbish that is collected. This bottom zipper also improves on its durability as it won’t easily get torn but will keep all the contents inside till its till to dump them after job well done.
- Oscillating nozzle kit: this oscillating nozzle kit found on this Toro 51621 UltraPlus Leaf Blower Vacuum has the advantage of providing a much wider clearing power on hardscapes while using an automated movement of air and therefore lessening on the amount of time that is needed to complete the job.
- A little heavy: this UltraPlus Leaf Blower Vacuum weighs 8.9 pounds which is unfortunately quiet heavy for a number of people that often use it. In the beginning, you might not feel the weight of this tool as a burden but as you continue leaf blowing your yard then you will start to feel the weight burden unless of course you are well built person that is often lifting heavy objects. Otherwise it will be quiet hard for your teenagers to work along with it or the older ones with back pains.
2. Hitachi RB24EAP 23.9cc 2-Cycle Gas Powered 170 MPH Handheld Leaf Blower
- Air velocity of up to 170 MPH
- A large two-finger throttle lever
- Lightweight with only 8.6 lbs
- Gas powered
- 9 cc, 1.13-horsepower commercial-grade engine
- Provides an air volume at 441 CFM
- PureFire low-emission two-stroke engine technology
- Hand held
- An auto-return stop switch
- 15 x 10.5 x 17.3 inches in dimensions
- Warranty of 7 years of consumer use, 2 years of commercial use and 1 year of rental use
If you are in need of a quick task of big cleanup jobs then this Hitachi RB24EAP Handheld Leaf Blower is the right tool when it comes to reliable performance. First of all this leaf blower contains a high air volume as well as a high velocity so that debris removable is very quick. It is able to create an air velocity of up to 170 miles per hour once it’s used with the taper nozzle that is included. Its air volume per minute is rated at 441 cubic feet which basically means that it’s ideal for big tasks like autumn leaf removal as well as smaller tasks like just eliminating stray grass clippings off your yard and pathways. You will also find an efficient and low emission engine built on this Hitachi RB24EAP Handheld Leaf Blower allowing you be able to perform every kind of task be it big or small. This is due to its Hitachi blower’s 23.9cc, 1.13 horsepower making it a commercial grade engine that contains a PureFire low emission two-stroke technology constructed to it. This way both you and the environment will be safe and protected due to the fewer fumes produced while it’s being used. That is the very reason why it is CARB Tier III acquiescent for use in California. What pleased me most about this Hitachi RB24EAP Handheld Leaf Blower was the automatic return stop switch that is designed on it to let the blower at all times be in the ‘ON’ position so that you can quickly clean up without waiting for it long enough to turn ‘on’ and then the large two finger throttle lever created for easy operation. Finally, this is a very lightweight handheld leaf blower that only weights as little as 8.6 pounds which assist you to be less fatigue while task is accomplished.
- An auto return stop switch: if you have ever used a leaf blower without this feature then you know how advantageous it is and if its your first time shopping for a leaf blower then this kind of feature should be a priority on your options. This is because this auto return stop switch is created to let the blower to at all times be in the ‘on’ position and this way when you have to clean up, you won’t wait too long for it to completely be ready. Thus it’s the reason you will have a quick clean up and this will save you a lot of time from having to wait for it to fully get ready for use.
- Suitable for all jobs: when I say jobs of course I am referring to the leaf leaving and other small debris in this case. Now the reason I state that this Hitachi RB24EAP Handheld Leaf Blower is suitable for all jobs is because of the high air volume and velocity that it is constructed with. It is able to create up to 170 miles per hour in air velocity when used along with the taper nozzle and it also has 441 cubic feet of air volume per minute that makes it perfect for every kind of job like autumn leaf removal and stray grass clippings removal as well.
- Powerful engine: the performance of the best leaf blower is determined by its engine type and in this case it has been constructed by an efficient and low emission engine that never disappoints regardless the task at hand. It comes with a 23.9cc, 1.13 horsepower commercial grade engine that includes a PureFire low emission two-stroke technology. This way the amount of fumes released will be much fewer which means the environment is less affected and its operate a lot safer.
- A little loud: the only problem we have realized about this Hitachi RB24EAP Handheld Leaf Blower is that it isn’t constructed to operate entirely quietly. While on, it will produce some very mild sound that can be a little irritating especially if you were looking towards a quiet leaf blowing moment. However it is not the kind of noise that is loud enough to prevent a conversation meaning that you can bare with it for the few minutes while using it.
3. Greenworks 24012 7 Amp Single Speed Electric 160 MPH Blower
- Up to 160 mph blower
- 7 Amp motor
- Lightweight ergonomic design with 4.5 pounds
- Safety Cord Lock feature
- Single speed
- Electric handheld blower
- 84 x 7.26 x 17.32 inches
- 4 Year Warranty
- Quiet performance
Looking for a product with a zero carbon footprint then don’t look further than this Greenworks 24012 7 Amp Single Blower because it is created with the environment in mind and will not release any amount of carbon emissions into the air. First it is constructed with a lightweight corded blower that is able to plug in and then utilize a 7 AMP motor so that it doesn’t produce any dangerous emissions. The speed motor is a two-speed kind created for various uses and then it is also able to reach high speeds of up to 160 mph allowing it be able to gather grass clippings as well as the leaves that are placed in piles on the ground. This way whether you have a small task of a big task, you will be able to accomplish it quickly and even efficiently at all times. The safety cord lock feature that is built on it as well with the purpose of preventing the cord from easily disconnecting off especially when you are in the middle of a task and so that you won’t have any interruptions at all. Its low weight of only 4.5 pounds makes it very easy to carry it while you clean while the ergonomic design provides you with a comfortable hold always and also a firm grip. The usage of this Greenworks 24012 7 Amp Single Blower is not only restricted outdoors alone but you can also use it indoors to remove dust and some of those tinny clippings that might have been dragged it under the shoes.
- Powerful leaf blower: with only 7 AMP motor it’s easy for anyone to think that the motor unit of this Greenworks 24012 7 Amp Single Blower is extremely slow and not efficient which is not the case because this leaf blower is rather so powerful. It has the ability to not only blow leaves but also grass clippings, dirt and just about anything that is unwanted on your walkway and patio. It does all these within a very short amount of time gathering all the leaves so you won’t have to waste a lot of time blowing the same area over and over again.
- Lightweight: it is very important for a leaf blower have very low weight because then I will be a lot easier to carry it around as you clean your walkways and patios or even house. It’s for that reason why this Greenworks 24012 7 Amp Single Blower only weighs 4.5 pounds only so that it will be any for any person to work with it including the no so physically fit people.
- Safety cord lock: this Greenworks 24012 7 Amp Single Blower contains a safety cord lock feature that is specifically designed to help you prevent the cord from easily disconnecting from the unit especially while you are in the middle of a cleaning routine. This way the cord will be locked safety even during storage and this way it won’t het harmed easily by other devices in that place.
- Indoor and outdoor usage whereas the majority of leaf blowers is only created for use outdoors on the pavements. Walkways and patios alone, this Greenworks 24012 7 Amp Single Blower is created with the ability to operate from indoors and outdoors. While indoors it will assist you get rid of dirt, grass clips that could have got in accidentally beneath the shoes and any other without it being harsh on the carpets or delicate floors. This way you get to have thorough cleaning from inside to out.
- Environmentally safe: this Greenworks 24012 7 Amp Single Blower has an advantage of being so environmentally safe to use as it won’t at any point release any amount of carbon footprint or emissions in the air. This is one of the easiest ways that will allow you go green as you regularly keep your surroundings clean.
- Low power level: this Greenworks 24012 7 Amp Single Blower utilizes only 7 AMP motor which means that it can sometimes be very low especially when you have to a cover a wider sideways or any other place with a lot of leaves piled up. This could take you a lot of time as compared to the ones with a higher and powerful motor that will clear up the entire place in just a matter of a few minutes as possible. Thus this Greenworks 24012 7 Amp Single Blower is only limited for domestic use majorly.
4. Toro 51619 Ultra Blower/Vacuum – corded
- Powerful motor of 250 MPH degree
- Improved larger metal impeller
- Variable speed control
- Quick release latch
- Built in cord lock
- Concentrator nozzle
- Vacuum tube
- Compact size of 14 x 41 x 9 inches
- Cord storage hook
- 2 year warranty
- 5 pounds only in weight
Here is another Toro leaf blower that we featuring in this article and it is the Toro 51619 Ultra Blower/Vacuum blower. All performance is best described as able to deliver all the versatility and the power that is required to make a place clean quickly. Its first amazing feature is the rugged metal impeller which has been improved and is larger than the previous allowing it be able to drive power and then better the mulching process. Next id the variable speed air control that allows the user be able to have a better control in both the vacuum modes and the blower as well. This same blower is constructed with the ability for it to insert multiple applications so that you can easily tackle any space. The motor unit is very powerful with up to 250 mph which is a lot faster and better as compared to others with a much lower motor system. Therefore this 250 mpg is able to eliminate all the leaves of all sizes be it heavy or large and also air stream clear all the other debris found. Once you are done blowing and want to vacuum clean then you can instantly switch through the help of the quick release latch feature allowing you be able to instantly reduce up to 88% of all the mulched debris up to less than 1/2 inch. However you should know that the debris reduction is also going to vary depending on the condition and the material type. In order to always keep the cord attached then you will use the built in cord lock while the cord storage hook will let you attach the storage hook for the cord and then after wrap the extension cord so you have a hassle free storage. With this Toro leaf blower; performance will always be at the top above the rest.
- Variable speed: need the kind of speed that you can change depending on what you are cleaning then choose this Toro 51619 Ultra Blower/Vacuum blower that is constructed with variable speed. With this you will be able to have a much better control of not only the leaf blower but the vacuum modes as well. Switching to the other speeds is very simple and will occur instantly without you having to first stop and waste time to change it.
- Quick release latch: there are two kinds of modes you will find on this Toro 51619 Ultra Blower/Vacuum blower which is the blower mode and then the vacuum mode. Now once you are using it and want to change from one mode to the next then you will have to make use of the quick release latch that will allow you be able to convert the blower into vacuum mode within only a short period of seconds. This instant converting doesn’t require the use of any tools at but rather comes almost automatically.
- High reduction: the amount of debris reduction while using this Toro 51619 Ultra Blower/Vacuum blower is a lot higher as compared to the reduction ability that you will find in most competing brands. With this one you will have a reduction of the mulched debris to less than 1/2 inch as you are cleaning.
- Cord lock and storage hook: these are some of the important features that most people usually under look while purchasing a leaf blower and then regret later when it comes to safety will storing it. Well this Toro 51619 Ultra Blower/Vacuum blower is constructed with a built-in cord lock that is created to assist you maintain the cord attached to the device while the cord storage hook is attached and then the extension cord wrapped around the blower so that you get the best and easiest storage.
- Easy to accidentally made changes: it is quiet unfortunate that the power switch that is found on this Toro 51619 Ultra Blower/Vacuum blower is located in a place where you can accidentally made changes as it is also quiet touchy. This means that while you are operating at a low speed, you might unknowing touch this power switch and then it will change to high speed and inconveniencing you.
5. BLACK+DECKER LSW20 20V Lithium Ion Sweeper
- Powered by 20 Volt MAX lithium battery
- Built in scraper
- Ergonomic design
- Easily clears debris
- 2 year warranty
- 31 x 10.88 x 37 inches in dimensions
- Lightweight with 3.7 pounds
- Energy Star rated
The best way to get all the debris and the leaves removed from your driveways, patios and sidewalks so that you can have a polished look is through this BLACK+DECKER LSW20 20V Lithium Ion Sweeper. It is not only quick but very efficient and almost hassle free. Provided you have a hard surface then you are good to go with this device because it is not designed and neither is it recommended for cleaning flower beds or even grass. It comes with a powerful motor unit that powered by an 20 Volt MAX lithium battery which means you will get the privilege of enjoying a quiet performance (no more noise for the neighbors) and the effectively collecting all the debris and leaves. This kind of battery is environmentally safe as it won’t produce any fumes and it is also mess free and it does also have a long life span of up to 5 times longer as compared to an 18-volt NiCad battery of the same type. There is this feature known as the scraper that is built on it and it stands out among the rest in a way that it is created to lift and then loosen the wet leaves as well as the very stubborn debris so that no rubbish is left back. After that the powerful air flow comes it to complete the rest of the work. With only 3.7 pounds, this is probably one of the few very lightweight leaf blowers that is very comfortable to use as you won’t be able to feel the heavy weight. It ergonomic design also makes it very easy to handle and this way you won’t ever twist the twist again.
- Cordless: the mere fact that this BLACK+DECKER LSW20 20V Lithium Ion Sweeper is cordless makes it actually one of my personal best leaf blowers. This is because with a leaf blower that provides and entirely cordless use, you won’t have any restrictions due to the short cords but rather will have free movement all over the sideways and any other place that you feel needs to be cleaned up. Another advantage of this cordless use is that you never again have to worry about power sockets where you can attach it and not cords will tangle easily as you are busy cleaning up the place.
- Powerful battery: this BLACK+DECKER LSW20 20V Sweeper is constructed with a very powerful battery that comes with up to 20-volts MAX lithium-ion battery which is able to provide the device with a much longer battery life year in and out. This kind of battery is actually 5 times more powerful as compared to the same kind in 18-volt NiCad battery of the same type. This way you will be able to accomplish your cleaning tasks without any shortcomings like battery change or recharge.
- Effortless debris removal: if you are in the category of the majority that love effortlessly cleaning their live-in spaces or any other then you will enjoy using this BLACK+DECKER LSW20 20V Sweeper that is constructed with very easy cleaning. Provided the surface to be cleaned is hard surface then you are good to go as this leaf cleaner will effortlessly eliminate debris from all over be in inside the garage or outside like the walkways, driveways and so much more. This easiness is mainly helped by the built in scrapper that is designed to lift up and then loosen the wet leaves along with stubborn debris. When the scrapper has finished doing its task, then the airflow that is very powerful will come in and continue with all the rest.
- Long recharge: the only concern I seemed to find about this BLACK+DECKER LSW20 20V Sweeper was its long battery recharge. So once the battery has been fully used up then you will have to recharge it for a couple of a few hours so it can get fully charged up for the cleaning ahead. And if it runs out on the middle of your cleaning, it means you will be interrupted as you have to first recharge it.
****OUR BEST CHOICE*****
Toro 51621 UltraPlus Leaf Blower Vacuum
WHAT MAKES TORO 51621 ULTRAPLUS OUR BEST CHOICE?
- Advanced blowing and mulching ability
- Improved metal impeller
- Powerful battery of up to 250 mph degree
- Cord storage hook
- changeable speed control
- Superior blowing and mulching
- Quick release latch
- Vacuum cleaner
- Bottom zip bag
- Compact size with dimensions of 14 x 9 x 45 inches
- Lightweight with only 8.9 pounds
- Long battery life
This marks the end of this detailed review on the ‘’Best Leaf Blowers’’ 2018. Bookmark this post for future reference.