5 Best Rated Electric Beard Trimmers 2017 – Detailed Review
For the men that are not funs of a completely clean shave it is a necessity to own a beard trimmer. You can save yourself the burden of having to shave off every morning by letting your beard grow however growing a beard also comes with some care and trimming is one of things you need to take care of your beard. It has become a very common trend for men to have well groomed beards however you must own a really good trimmer to keep your beard style in perfect shape. Here is a list of the five best beard trimmers in this 2017…………
5 Best Rated Electric Beard Trimmers
- Braun BT3040 Beard / Hair Trimmer for Men – Check price on Amazon******
- Philips Norelco Beard & Head trimmer Series 5100 – Check price on Amazon
- Philips Norelco Beard trimmer Series 3500 – Check price on Amazon
- Philips Norelco Beard Trimmer 9100 with laser guide for beard stubble and mustache – Check price on Amazon
- Philips Norelco Beard trimmer Series 7200 – Check price on Amazon
- What Is The Best Electric Shaver
- What Is The Best Body Hair Trimmer / Groomer
- What Is The Best Safety Razor
- What Is The Best Electric Head Shaver
- What Is The Best Hair Clipper
- What Is The Best Shaving Cream
HOW TO USE A BEARD / HAIR TRIMMER?
- Choose the right beard trimmer; using a trimmer becomes extremely difficult if you don’t choose one very carefully therefore the first step you need take is look out for the best beard trimmer. In this same post I have made this very easy for you by providing details on the five best beard trimmers on the market, after reading about each of the five beard trimmer you will be able to pick one that best suits your needs and whichever you choose will definitely not disappoint.
- Find out the perfect beard length for your face shape; not every beard length will look good on your face shape therefore your must first of all let your beard grow and then later trim it to a length you best prefer or one that will look best on your face shape. Trimmers with guard settings and different trimmer combs are the best because they will give you the variety you need to either trim your beard to a certain length or create any the different styles such as the goatee, side burns, mustache and many others.
- Get your trimmer and all necessary accessories ready; because you selected the right trimmer it should come with some accessories therefore as you get ready to get started with using it you need to keep all those accessories nearby. Having everything well organized before getting started will make the process a lot easier for you as will you will quickly reach out for anything you need.
- Get started with the trimmer; don’t rush the procedure because you might end up regretting, with that I mean start trimming with the largest size guard comb, in most cases it is number 3, that is the one you should begin with so that you reduce the length of your beard slowly by slowly. To get the best results it is important that you shave against the grain, this means shaving in the direction opposite to the direction in which your beard grows. Start with the face and continue down to the neck. If the number 3 guard comb doesn’t make any change with the beard then you will have to change to the next guard comb which is number 2.
- Change to a smaller guard comb; the neck should have the shortest hair or better yet a completely clean shave that means you have to use the smallest guard while trimming along the neck. If after using guard comb number 1 you still want your hair shorter then simply take the guard comb off and use the trimmer blades to shave off to the shortest level.
- Make your trim even all through; make use of your mirror to spot out any areas that still need to be worked on and if you notice any straying hairs make sure that you first clean them off and make your trim even all round the face. You don’t want to walk out of the house with hair longer on some parts of the face and shorter on others.
- Don’t use guard combs if you want stubble; if the stubble is your favorite beard style then it is better to completely do away with the guard combs and use the trimmer’s blades, it is the best and easiest way to have the type of look that you want. Also on areas like under the nose or to clearly outline your mustache you will need to use the trimmer blades and do away with guard combs.
- Clean the trimmer after use; it is not only hygienic to clean the trimmer immediately after using it but also important to ensure that the tool remains in excellent working condition even after a long period of time. Remove all hair clippings using the brush that comes with the trimmer and wash off the trimmer and guard combs under running water and soap (only if the trimmer is waterproof)to ensure that they are all thoroughly cleaned. Clean the blades with a cotton swab.
Electric Beard Trimmers Reviews
Braun BT3040 Beard / Hair Trimmer for Men
- Corded and cordless use
- 39 length settings (1-20mm)
- Extra sharp stainless steel blades 0.5m steps
- Precision dial wit
- Automatic voltage adjustment
- Charging LED indicator
- Two removable trimming combs
- Gillette fusion proGlide razor with flex ball technology
- 8 hour charge
- 60 minutes of run time
- Completely washable
The Braun BT3040 Beard / Hair Trimmer is one really simple to operate trimmer however from its simplicity you are rest assured to receive maximum precision. If you are looking for a short cut to getting the perfect look then this trimmer is definitely the way to as it comes with two removable combs delivering a really wide range of settings starting from 1mm to 20 mm for you to choose from depending on how long you want your beard to be. Along with all those length settings this trimmer also comes with a precision dial with 0.5mm steps and this makes it the excellent trimmer for all your for getting the super stylish stubble, maintaining a full beard or for cleaning up edges and contours for many other beard styles. The BT3040 Beard / Hair Trimmer is packed with really sharp stainless steel blades that are self sharpening to provide you with premium quality performance for long periods of time without you having to spend on maintenance. After an eight hour full charge, the trimmer is able to give up to 60 minutes of run time that’s if you are using the cordless functionality. But you can as well for its corded use. It is fully washable and comes with a charging indicator that lets you know when you need to charge.
- Very many length settings; if you look around on the market it will be very difficult for you to come across a beard trimmer with many length settings like the BT3040 Beard / Hair Trimmer has. This super amazing trimmer offers you as many as 39 settings starting from 1milimeter to 20 millimeters and with such a huge range of length settings you will absolutely be able to cut your beard to whichever length you want. Whether you simply want to keep your full beard looking good, cut your facial hair to stubble length or even create several other beard styles, this trimmer will give you the versatility you need for all those looks.
- Remarkable precision; along with the very many length settings that it comes with, the BT3040 Beard / Hair Trimmer also offers exceptional precision. It has 39 lengths settings accompanied by a 0.5mm steps precision dial which gives you maximum control for you to be able to create all those different beard styles with accuracy. The combination of great precision and maximized control that the BT3040 Beard / Hair Trimmer offers will make your trimming sessions really enjoyable.
- Self sharpening blades; there if absolutely nothing like high costs of maintenance for you to worry about when you are using the BT3040 Beard / Hair Trimmer. The stainless steel blades that it comes with offer outstanding precision and high quality trimming performance even on thick and long hair without causing irritation because they don’t tug or pull the hair. But the most amazing thing about these blades is that they are self sharpening so you will definitely not face costs of sharpening blades or replacing them every now and then.
- Easy to clean; while you make your beard look spectacular, you will never worry about a hassle filled cleaning procedure reason being this trimmer is supper easy to clean. It is fully washable which indicates that you will not be causing it any kind of damage by cleaning under running water at the sink. All you need is a few minutes of your time to get your trimmer free of any dirt.
- Comes with a free manual razor; the BT3040 Beard / Hair Trimmer comes with a Gillette fusion proGlide manual razor with flex ball technology, this razor is absolutely free, you don’t pay any extra money for it. The razor is infused with that technology simply to help you create contours and give edges plus lines more definition. There is just no way you can wrong while using such a high performance tool.
- Takes a very long time to charge; for the BT3040 Beard / Hair Trimmer to charge fully you will have to wait for up to 8 hours which is a very long time because other trimmers take about just an hour to charge fully. This makes it quite inconveniencing especially if you want to use the trimmer and realize at the last minute that its battery is low.
Philips Norelco Beard & Head trimmer Series 5100
- New lift and trim technology
- Rounded contour comb technology
- 17 inbuilt precision length settings (0.4-7mm)
- Corded and cordless use
- Self sharpening blades
- Gentle blades with rounded blade tips
- Long and short hair comb clippings
- 70 minutes of run time
- Lithium ion battery
- 1 hour full charge
- Battery indicator
The Philips Norelco Beard and Head trimmer Series 5100 is designed specifically to give you the look your want without using too much effort. With its innovative lift and trim technology which lifts and guides hair strands into the trimmer, this machine offers a much more efficient and even trim. Additionally it is also made with rounded comb contour technology to ensure that u get an even trim without causing any damage to your skin. The Philips Norelco 5100 has double sharpened blades which capture and remove more hair in each pass that you make without pulling and tagging hair or causing you any irritations. It offers 17 inbuilt length settings which are easily adjustable from 0.4mm to 13mm with the zoom wheel so that you select your favorite trimming length. it comb with two hair clipper combs, one for short hair and the other or long hair for you to give your look that attractive finishing touch. With the advanced lithium ion battery that it has, after an hour of charging the trimmer allows you to enjoy up to 70 minutes of cordless use but you can as well use it while it charges. Its blades are gentle on the skin and it is fully washable so you just have to rinse it under running water after use.
- Amazing versatility; the Philips Norelco Beard and Head trimmer Series 5100 offers you the versatility you need to pull off absolutely any look of your choice. This beard trimmer has a total of 17 length settings from which you can get choose the exact length you want to trim your beard to. So whether you want your beard super short or want t keep it long this tool gives exactly what you are looking for. In addition it also comes with long and short hair clipping combs that you can easily attach on to your beard trimmer to have the perfect finishing touch for your hairstyle. So whether it is the beard or your hair that you are working on the series 5100 just simply makes things easy for you.
- Very effective cutting performance; with its super sharp blades the Philips Norelco Beard and Head trimmer Series 5100 is guaranteed to cut hair off in each pass that you make. These blades are double sharpened so there will be no tugging or pulling your hair but rather smoothly cut hair off for effective and irritation free results.
- Corded and cordless use; if you have been looking for that trimmer that can perform while plugged in but at the same time allow you to enjoy the convenience of trimming your hair from just anywhere the Philips Norelco Beard and Head trimmer Series 5100 is definitely the trimmer you have been searching for. It allows you to trim off when it is connected to power but at the same time you can enjoy 60 minutes when it is not plugged in after charging it for an hour.
- Conveniently and safely designed; the Philips Norelco Beard and Head trimmer Series 5100 features rounded tips which enable you to have a completely safe session as they prevent your skin from getting irritated during or after trimming. It is also waterproof which means that it will be extremely easy for you to clean the trimmer afterwards because it is a matter of rinsing the trimmer head under running water.
- Dual voltage; for those of you who are always on the move, the Philips Norelco Beard and Head trimmer Series 5100 is without a doubt one you need to try out. It is made with dual voltage so wherever you will travel to, you will be able to charge your trimmer.
- It is noisy; Philips Norelco Beard and Head trimmer Series 5100 has a really powerful motor and this explains why it makes noise while performing. This is the major con of this trimmer, the noise is really irritating and not just for you but also for those who might be around you while you trim.
- 20 inbuilt precision settings (0.5-20mm)
- Skin friendly blades
- Cordless use
- Self sharpening titanium blades
- Fully washable
- Ergonomic design
- 120 minutes run time
- One hour full charge
- Lithium ion battery
- Battery indicator
Without any hassles the Philips Norelco Beard trimmer Series 3500 is guaranteed to offer you the perfect stubble or beard trim. This trimmer has 20 in built length settings from 0.5mm to 10mm with just one beard comb to and a locking feature so that you have a personalized but absolutely precise trimming session without having too many accessories to change to. It is also infused with zoom wheel technology which allows you to achieve every style with outstanding precision and thus give you more effective and even results. It uses its self sharpening titanium steel blades to provide exceptional performance as they cut hair off the way you like without any irritations since the blades are very gentle on skin. The Philips Norelco 3500 operates with a high quality lithium ion battery that gives you over 120 minutes of high quality performance when the trimmer is not plugged in. it features a very ergonomic design which gets into those hard to reach areas where other trimmers cannot easily reach and it is really easy to clean.
- Maintenance free; nothing will please you more than using a beard trimmer that delivers high quality results while requiring very little maintenance that is the real definition of value of for money. This trimmer comes with self sharpening titanium blades so that you don’t have to face costs of sharpening blades after every month and at the same time the trimmer doesn’t need oiling so basically besides cleaning there isn’t anything too problematic about maintaining this Philips Norelco Beard trimmer Series 3500 in excellent condition.
- Completely washable; the Philips Norelco Beard trimmer Series 3500 is totally washable and so are its parts which makes cleaning it up after use a breeze. As soon as you finish trimming, simply remove the trimmer head and rinse under running tap water, so the same with the combs and in just a few minutes your trimmer will already be thoroughly clean. Remember that you must not dip the machine into water as you might end up damaging its inner parts.
- Very gentle on skin; just because the Philips Norelco Beard trimmer Series 3500 has very sharp blades should leave you worried about them hurting your skin reason being the blades are well protected with rounded tips so as to make sure that they don’t nick your skin and cause any sort of irritation. And considering the fact that it is well designed, you can easily hold the trimmer in your hands and guide it with care along the skin until the whole trimming session is done.
- Up to 120 minutes of cordless run time; while other trimmers can only offer about 60-80 minutes of cordless run time after an hour’s charge, the Philips Norelco Beard trimmer Series 3500 goes all the way to 120 minutes. The trimmer runs on an advanced and very powerful lithium ion battery which is can offer high cutting performance for all that time.
- Precision for all beard lengths; the Philips Norelco Beard trimmer Series 3500 is very precise despite of which beard length you want to use. It features zoom wheel technology which offers as many as 20 precision beard length settings. This wheel can easily be adjusted and with the lock in detail it is extremely fast for you to lock the trimmer into any beard length that you want to use at any moment. With this amazing trimmer there is absolutely no need for you to keep switching between attachments, you just have to adjust the wheel.
- Inconsistency on low settings; when using the Philips Norelco Beard trimmer Series 3500 you have got to be extra careful with how you position the beard trimmer when using the low length settings more so if you have very thick beards. In that I mean that if the trimmer is poorly positioned you might end up cutting hair much shorter than you actually intended. This trimmer’s low length settings are not so reliable like the high settings are.
- Laser guide
- Premium chromium steel blades
- 17 length settings (0.4-7mm)
- Corded or cordless use
- Self sharpening blades
- LED display
- Lithium ion rechargeable battery
- Under faucet washable
- One hour charge
- 60 minutes run time
- Beard comb and beard detail
From the Philips Norelco Beard Trimmer 9100 you should expect nothing but exceptional precision because this is the first ever made trimmer with a laser guide. With this trimmer be rest assured to get the beard style you want with absolute accuracy. It has 17 lengths setting to give you the precision and versatility you need to perfectly trim your beard to any desired length or better yet achieve the stubble. The Philips Norelco Beard Trimmer 9100 is the perfect trimmer to use on hard to reach like under the nose and around the mouth and at the same time very much recommended for creating straight lines on beard styles that require accuracy like side burns. This trimmer runs with a powerful rechargeable battery which delivers a whole 60 minutes off cordless functioning only after an hour of charging. The self sharpening blades make maintenance effortless while the fact that it is washable makes cleaning up hassle free. From its bright LED display you are alert about which length setting you are working with. For the men who want super unique looks the Philips Norelco Beard Trimmer 9100 is absolutely the trimmer that you need because it doesn’t only have the lock-long settings but also gives you the accuracy you need with its laser guide.
- Outstanding precision; there is no trimmer that beats the Philips Norelco Beard Trimmer 9100 when it comes to precision and accuracy simply because as you make all those outstanding intricate beard styles, this trimmer projects a laser line that you can follow to make the most perfect edges and lines. This is definitely the first trimmer that we have come across that can do that. As soon as you begin using the trimmer, it projects a red line along the beard and it is this line that you follow when trimming out the style you want. For every time you pull out this trimmer, you are always assured of getting accurate results.
- Displays length settings; the Philips Norelco Beard Trimmer 9100 features an LED display but instead of showing your battery status like other trimmers do, on this trimmers display you will see the length settings that you are working with. This way you will not make mistakes of using another length setting instead of the one you intended to use. It is always shown for you to be more than sure that you are actually using the exact length setting you wish to trim your beard to.
- Offers both precision and control; we have seen that with the laser guide the Philips Norelco Beard Trimmer 9100 offers exceptional precision but it doesn’t stop at that. This trimmer also comes with a detail comb which also ensures that you have the precision you need to get into those really hard to reach areas and to work around the edges and corners your beard. On the other hand there the beard comb too it doesn’t just comb through the beard but provides control helping you to achieve an even trim within the least possible time.
- High performance but skin friendly blades; putting aside the fact that this trimmer’s blades deliver high quality performance, they are still very friendly with your skin so you don’t have to worry about irritations after trimming. This beard trimmer has chromium steel self sharpening blades which offer fine cutting performance over and over without the need for maintenance. However these blades are wisely designed with tips and combs that are rounded on top just to ensure that your skin isn’t hurt at all while you trim. The Philips Norelco Beard Trimmer 9100 will offer you a very comfortable trimming experience.
- Dual sided trimmer; the Philips Norelco Beard Trimmer 9100 gives you versatility without the trouble of switching from one comb to another and this is all because it is made with two reversible sides. One side of the beard trimmer is very precise so it is the side which is used to create all those complex styles as it easily fits into tight areas for example under the nose while the other side trims while coming really close to skin but doesn’t cause any harm to the skin. It is therefore a matter of just changing to the side you want to use.
- Laser line isn’t bright enough; the one complaint that came up about this Philips Norelco 9100 beard trimmer is that the laser line it projects is not really bright but the main reason as to why the line is too bright is because it is projected close to the eyes. This implies that if the line is too bright and is projected that close to the eyes it could end causing eye defects to the users. Therefore I really don’t think that the laser line not being so bright should be such a hindrance for trying the laser out.
Philips Norelco Beard trimmer Series 7200
- Vacuum system with high velocity motor and fan
- Innovative lift and trim technology
- 20 length settings (0.5-10mm)
- Corded and cordless use
- Click on precision trimmer
- Fully washable
- Cordless and corded use
- 80 minutes run time
- One hour charge
And now for the cleanest cleaning experience you have ever come across there is none better than the Philips Norelco Beard trimmer 7200. However besides giving you that mess free trim, this trimmer has several features that enable it to offer you really even and perfect results. With its innovative lift and trim technology that lifts up hair strands and guides them into the trimmer plus ultra sharp self sharpening blades this trimmer cuts hair without hurting the skin or leaving behind any irritations. The 7200 also packs an integrated vacuum system with high velocity motor and fan system which delivers stronger suction to lift and grab hairs to avoid all that mess of hairs being scattered all over after the trimming session. You can choose from its 20 length settings starting from 0.5mm to 10mm to achieve your favorite beard length. You can use the trimmer when it’s plugged in or better yet opt for 80 minutes of cordless use so that you have the freedom to trim your beard from wherever you feel like. Once you are through with trimming your beard, you can just wash the blades and comb under the tap, it is that simple. You will definitely fall in love with the stylish design it flaunts.
- Double sharpened life lasting blades; the Philips Norelco Beard trimmer 7200 is one uniquely designed trimmer and the reason it is made that way is just to ensure that it perfectly meets your beard trimming needs. It features double sharpened blades which remove hair in each and every pass that you make so that you don’t have to spend a lot of time just working on your beard. Its ability to reduce multiple passes not only helps to reduce chances of irritation but also makes the whole trimming process very fast. Another interesting thing about these blades is that they are self sharpening, so for every time you need to trim your beard, you simply have to grab your trimmer and get to work.
- Effortless even trim; while using this high quality trimmer there you don’t have to use too much effort because the machine itself does practically everything. It is infused with innovative active lift and trim technology that efficiently lifts even those flat lying hairs and guides them into the trimmer to give you nothing but the most even results. With such advanced technology it is quite easy for you to finish up trimming the whole beard since you make fewer strokes.
- Mess free functionality; this point should even have come in first place simply because it is the most outstanding reason as to why many people are going in for the Philips Norelco Beard trimmer 7200. It is packed with a vacuum system which has a high velocity motor and fan system delivering more suction power to ensure that each strand of hair that is cut off is captured and thus leaving the area you worked from spotless clean. You can trim for as long as you wish without any worries about tedious clean up afterwards. There is absolutely no way you will not love this trimmer when it is this hassle free.
- 80 minutes of cordless run time; if you look around the market you will realize that most of the beard/ hair trimmers offer about 60 minutes run time after being charged for one hour however the Philips Norelco Beard trimmer 7200 offers you 20 minutes more. After the same charging time, this trimmer instead offers up to 80 minutes of run time which is quite enough time for you to go over your beard and perfectly achieve the look you want.
- Can easily break; while using the Philips Norelco Beard trimmer 7200 you have got to be completely careful reason being it has a part which is made of plastic and if not handled carefully it could break. You need to try as hard as you can to ensure that you don’t accidentally drop the trimmer while trimming your beard as it can easily be damaged. Also avoid holding it when your hands are slippery as it can easily slip through your fingers and fall down. If Philips is to make another trimmer of this kind, it would be great if they use higher quality plastic or any other better material that will not quickly be damaged.
*****OUR BEST CHOICE*****
Braun BT3040 Beard / Hair Trimmer for Men
WHAT MAKES BRAUN BT3040 OUR BEST CHOICE?
- 39 precision length settings (0.5mm-20mm)
- 5mm steps precision dial
- Self sharpening blades to last forever
- 60 minutes run time
- Extremely sharp stainless steel blades
- Safe wash to under running water
- Charging LED
- Automatic voltage adjustment
- Gillette fusion ProGlide razor with flex ball technology
- Great for stubble, short and long beards
- Corded and cordless use
- Outstanding control and precision
This marks the end of this detailed review on the ‘’Best Electric Beard Trimmers’’ for men (2017). Bookmark this post for future reference.
- 1 5 Best Rated Electric Beard Trimmers
- 2 HOW TO USE A BEARD / HAIR TRIMMER?
- 3 Braun BT3040 Beard / Hair Trimmer for Men
- 4 Philips Norelco Beard & Head trimmer Series 5100
- 5 Philips Norelco Beard trimmer Series 3500
- 6 Philips Norelco BeardTrimmer 9100
- 7 Philips Norelco Beard trimmer Series 7200
- 8 WHAT MAKES BRAUN BT3040 OUR BEST CHOICE?