5 Best Self-Leveling Cross Line Lasers 2018 – Review
A self-leveling cross line laser level is used to provide accurate alignment when building. A good model should have highly visible laser lines – to exactly show you the right alignment. These devices can be used by both professionals and amateurs – you can can use them when installing shelves,hanging pictures, installing tiles, fixing wooden floors and so much more…..(as long as the job you’re doing requires alignment).
Laser line levels are efficient, convenient and versatile – check out my list of the ”Best Self-Leveling Cross Line Laser’‘ – for the year 2018.
TOP 5 CONTENDERS – 2018
- DEWALT DW088K Self-Leveling Cross Line Laser – Check Price On Amazon ********is built with an integrated magnetic pivoting base and then also a full-time pulse mode
- Bosch GLL 2-15 Self-Leveling Cross-Line Laser Kit – Check Price On Amazon**** is constructed with a simple keypad operation and then also contains a micro-fine height adjustment system
- SKIL MT 8201-Self-Leveling Cross Line Laser – Check Price On Amazon**** is popular for its four mode projection and then an automatic out of level sensing
- Leica LINO L2 Laser Level Self Leveling Cross Line with Pulse – Check Price On Amazon **** is able to project bright red horizontal and vertical lines and then also contains a 120 degree fan angle
- Johnson Level and Tool 40-0921 Self-Leveling Cross Line Laser Level Kit – Check Price On Amazon**** is popular for its 360 degree graduated base and an indoor range of up to 100 feet.
- What Is The Best Laser Level
- What Is The Best Rotary Laser Level
- What Is The Best Laser Distance Meter
- What Is The Best Cordless Drill
WHAT TO LOOK FOR WHEN BUYING A SELF-LEVELING CROSS LINE LASER?
- Beam visibility and brightness: if you ever use a cross line laser with beams that are not visible then it’s pointless even continuing to use it. This is because the best laser levels should have a clearly visible beam so as to deliver accurate results. Now the laser levels that contain red beam lights are the most popularly used ones but however if you are working mainly indoors at the construction sites then the green lights will be better as they are a lot more visible inside as compared to the red lights. On the other hand, you should buy a line laser that contains a bright beam so that you can easily see the lines under normal lighting and it should also contain a maximum extend especially when the laser level is being used for cases of high lighting worksites or even just outdoors.
- Great accuracy: if you don’t ever want to get wrong results then you will have to buy a line laser with a great level of accuracy which is the most important factor of a laser. Now the high quality laser levels usually have an accuracy of approximately -+1.5Xm at 30m distance and then the medium quality ones will have at least approximately -+3Xm which might affect the task of leveling job and also make finishing the project hindered. So make sure that you buy the line laser with a high level of accuracy leading to accurate results are all times.
- Good rotating speed: if you would like to decide the visibility of the beam projected then you will have to use the rotating speed on the rotary laser level particularly for the users that require the laser level for use outdoors. The majority of the laser levels do feature a wide range of rotating speed options and then the other few contain fewer options. Now the importance of having a variety of options is that if the speed is very high then the beam won’t be very visible and also the other way round. If you have a large area to cover up then more speed is required. So make sure you choose the ones with more speed so that you can enjoy using your line laser more conveniently.
- Maximum range: now the range of the laser level refers to the amount of area that can be covered by the laser beam that is created by the laser level. When buying a line laser, make sure that you look out for the ones that are able to cover the maximum area that is required to be leveled. Whereas most of the line lasers are constructed to cover up indoors, it’s not the same without doors so make sure that it contains a maximum range of beam visibility so that it will be easy for you to cover a wider area quickly.
5 BEST SELF-LEVELING CROSS LINE LASER – 2018
- DEWALT DW088K Self-Leveling Cross Line Laser
- Over molded housing
- Full-Time Pulse Mode
- Integrated Magnetic Pivoting Base
- IP54 water/debris resistance
- 1/4″ Thread
- Bright crossing horizontal and vertical lines
- 1 pounds
- 2 x 4.5 x 9.5 inches in measurements
- 5 volts
- Indoor visibility of up to 100ft in range
- 3 year limited warranty
DEWALT DW088K Self-Leveling Cross Line Laser is constructed with the ability to greatly increase on consistency and productivity on any job site regardless of the task at hand. That is the main reason why it is a perfect choice for professionals that are tasked with commercial and residential applications especially like wall tile, installing floor and even mapping wall layout. It performs all this through the numerous features on it like two crossing beams that are able to laser project bright crossing horizontal as well as vertical lines using an accuracy level that is within 1/8 of an inch that is at 30 feet. Then there is also the other powerful feature which is the full time pulse mode found on this DEWALT DW088K Self-Leveling Cross Line Laser with the purpose of performing through letting it be used along with a detector especially when you are working in a brightly sunlight room or outdoors allowing the laser be able to maintain full or maximum brightness for easy visibility while stretching the working range of the laser up to 165 feet in range. This DEWALT DW088K Self-Leveling Cross Line Laser also features a very heavy-duty design that is constructed with an over-molded housing as well as IP54 water and debris resistance ensuring that laser remains protected even under unfavorable conditions. The base of it is constructed with a built in magnetic pivoting unit along with a 1/4” thread that can be used to easily mount the DEWALT DW088K Self-Leveling Cross Line Laser on a metallic surface. On this laser, you will also come across individual buttons placed on the side control panel and it is used to operate all the different three beams found on it. This control panel also contains a hard-sided kit box that is used to store the laser or also to easily transport it.
- Bright crossing lines: the laser of this DEWALT DW088K Self-Leveling Cross Line Laser is able to project very bright crossing horizontal and vertical lines with a high level of accuracy that is at 1/8” of an inch at approximately 30 feet. These lines are usually very visible which is very important and then another advantage is that it also contains the full-time mode that lets the laser be used with a detector allowing it maintain full brightness for visibility. This way it will then be able to stretch the operating range of the DEWALT DW088K Self-Leveling Cross Line Laser to up to approximately 165 feet. This way you will be able to achieve various leveling and also layout applications.
- Simple Individual buttons: what makes this DEWALT DW088K Self-Leveling Cross Line Laser very user friendly are the individual buttons that are constructed on it and placed at the side control panel. These individual buttons are able to operate all the three beams in fact it will act as an interface between the user and the three beams. When touch it then the beams will immediately be projected so that you can accomplish all your tasks easily. These individual buttons also makes it very easy to operate this laser even for the very first time users instead of going through numerous complicated steps of operation like in other line lasers out there.
- Built-in magnetic pivot base: the base of this DEWALT DW088K Self-Leveling Cross Line Laser is constructed with a built-in magnetic unit that is able to pivot perfectly as you work and then it will allow you easily mount the laser especially on metallic surfaces. This is due to the strong magnet that will instantly and reliably mount onto the metallic surface staying there for as long as you can keep it on before detaching it after tasks have been accomplished.
- Durable: this is the kind of laser liner tool that you will purchase and then feel the value for the amount of money spend because of its durability. This is attributed to the kind of construction it contains which is a heavy-duty over-molded housing along with IP54 water/ debris resistance. This will protect the delicate beam lights from being easily affected but rather maintain it in top condition long enough to keep you working.
- No pendulum lock: the pendulum of this DEWALT DW088K Self-Leveling Cross Line Laser unfortunately doesn’t contain a lock on it when makes it very complicated especially during transportation or storage. This can lead to worry because you are not sure how secure and protected your laser will be as you transport or store it.
- Bosch GLL 2-15 Self-Leveling Cross-Line Laser Kit
- Robust Over-Molded Construction
- Simple Keypad Operation
- Easy Access Battery Box
- Floor and Magnetic Wall Bracket
- Up to 50 feet in range
- Microfine height adjustment system
- Accuracy: ± 1/8 In. at 33 Ft.
- Smart pendulum system
- 3 AA batteries
- 2 years warranty
- Sure grip design
- Automatic unit shut-off
- Out-of level condition indication
- Retractable feet
- Strong magnets
Bosch GLL 2-15 Self-Leveling Cross Line Laser Kit performs through easily projecting two lines that are either together or independent so that you can get accurate and reliable results at all times of a broad array of level or plumb uses through projecting cross lines that will bring more value to a characteristic point laser. This way you will be able to have the perfect layout and therefore an improved efficiency. What makes this Bosch GLL 2-15 Self-Leveling Cross Line Laser Kit one of the very best is that, its laser lines are very visible providing up to 50 feet range of visibility and presenting accuracy of 1/4” for points and then 1/8” for cross lines. It features a smart pendulum system that is able to self-level and then be able to indicate an out of level condition so that the user will be able to have self-assurance knowing that the measurements are very accurate always. This very pendulum unit is also able to automatically lock the unit once it has been switched off and then the operator can be able to switch to manual mode in order to lock the lines from any angle. This automatic shut-off will allow you save battery life. This Bosch GLL 2-15 Self-Leveling Cross Line Laser Kit is also constructed with the BM3 positioning device that will allow you easily install it through providing a speedy setup in the ceiling grid applications and then its retractable feet will provide a free-standing mode always. What makes this line laser unit is the microfine height adjustments system that performs through allowing the user easily adjust the operating height of the device and then after lock it. It features also a sturdy over molded construction that does allow it contain a dust and water protection so that the operation is very durable. The easy access battery box serves the main role of allowing you change batteries instantly.
- Highly versatile: this Bosch GLL 2-15 Self-Leveling Cross Line Laser Kit is highly very versatile which means there is also better productivity through its broad array of level and plum uses. It does this through projecting cross lines and therefore providing more value to a typical point laser. This is important because it will make sure you get the right layout for an improved efficiency. It contains lines that are very visible ranging up to 50 feet and providing accuracy of 1/4” for points and then 1/8” for cross-line.
- Smart pendulum system: this system is thoughtfully built on this Bosch GLL 2-15 Self-Leveling Cross Line Laser Kit and it has the ability to self-level and also be able to indicate out-of-level condition so that you will always be in no doubt of the accuracy obtained from the measurements. Another advantage of this pendulum lock is that it is able to lock when it has been switched off which is great for helping save some battery through the automatic shut-off and then you can switch it to manual mode so as to lock the lines at any angle of location
- BM3 positioning device: this is one of the few self-leveling cross liner lasers that do come with a BM3 positioning device that is created to provide speedy setup in the ceiling grid applications. Then if you don’t want to mount it on the ceiling then you can make use of the retractable feet that will provide you with a free-standing mode.
- An adjustment system: this Bosch GLL 2-15 Self-Leveling Cross Line Laser Kit possesses a microfine height adjustment system that has the pro of allowing the user of it be able to easily adjust the working height of the device to a level that is very comfortable before they can lock it up. And then again there are also multi mounting systems that among which include magnets that allow it easily attach to a metallic surface and also slots that are built for nails and screws.
- Not very visible outdoors: now am not saying that this Bosch GLL 2-15 Self-Leveling Cross Line Laser Kit is not entirely not visible outdoors but rather it will be hard to see the lines on days when the sun is brightly light outdoors but if you are working on a cloudy day outdoors then you will definitely see the beam lines.
- Bosch GLL 2-20 360-Degree Self-Leveling Line and Cross Laser Review
- Bosch GLL 55 Self-Leveling Cross-Line Laser Review
- Bosch GRL400H Self-Leveling Rotary Laser with Laser Receiver Review
- Leica Lino L2P5 Self Leveling Combination Cross Line and Dot Laser Review
- DEWALT DW0811 Self Leveling 360 Degree Line and Vertical Line Laser Review
- SKIL MT 8201-Self-Leveling Cross Line Laser
- 120 degree fan angle
- Automatic out of level sensing
- Four mode projection
- Four degree angle range
- 3 pounds
- button control panel
- LED indicator lights
- 17 x 9.2 x 3.9 inches
- A tripod
SKIL MT 8201-Self-Leveling Cross Line Laser is high on performance and will help you accomplish most tasks easily be it inside the house or outside at the job sites. This is majorly due to the feature that it has been built with starting with the four mode projection technology. This four mode projection includes features like horizontal, vertical, laser cross line and then finally the manual projects horizontal laser line that comes with a 120 degree fan angle and this way allowing you have manual mode for versatile applications. Another feature is the automatic out-of-level sensing kit that will alert you immediately you go out of level. It does this through the laser beams flashing and then the LED light indicator will immediately change to red color when the device is out of level. It comes with a self-leveling accuracy that is plus or minus 4 degrees with an angle range that is of up to 30 feet and then it has the ability to create very straight lines in as quick as 3 seconds that means that once you have set the liner laser up then all it will take is 3 seconds to self-level into straight lines. It also allows you adjust the device around the project while it is maintain the straight lines that were created. The base of this SKIL MT 8201-Self-Leveling Cross Line Laser has been constructed with a clear hole that allows the tripod to easily attach to it and it also contains control panel buttons that makes it easy to set up the laser beams. This line laser just like the others looked at also uses the 3 AA batteries to function which are strong enough to provide very many hours of non-stop use before requiring to be changed.
- Multiple settings: this powerful SKIL MT 8201-Self-Leveling Cross Line Laser has the main pro of containing multiple settings that are for the laser beam projection. This means that you are able to set this laser to project either horizontal or vertical lines each at a time or even the cross line lasers that is able to bring together both the horizontal and the vertical projections for quick and accurate results. In the same way you can also be able to set the laser to the angle lines so as to let you be able to tilt the laser at any given angle that you want with no indicator lights flashing at all. If you are performing a larger scale project then rest assured that the beam will be able to project to every place like the floors, corners as well as the ceiling without you having to go through the inconvenience of moving it all over again.
- Clear and accurate beams: if you are looking for a line laser that is able to project for you very clear lines eve over a distance and at the same time produce results that are very accurate then you don’t have to look any further than this powerful SKIL MT 8201-Self-Leveling Cross Line Laser. This is because even at 30 feet which is more than enough for household jobs, it will still be able to project clear beams with a height accuracy that is at 1/4 an inch which is comparatively a good projection distance for the line laser levels.
- Out of level sensing; this SKIL MT 8201-Self-Leveling Cross Line Laser is created with an automatic out of level sensing kit that has the advantage of informing you through alerts when the go beyond the limit. When this happens, the laser beam will show a flash and then an indicator through the LED lights that changes color to red. It has a self-leveling accuracy that is ± 4 degrees with an angle of 30 feet.
- Includes tripod; this is one of the few liner lasers that you will come across that includes a tripod with it. It is constructed with a standard tripod that is used to assist you be able to extend the height so that you can have an additional height. This tripod isn’t designed to mount the SKIL MT 8201-Self-Leveling Cross Line Laser while it’s placed at an angle but rest assured the device is able to accommodate angled lines.
- Doesn’t accommodate angular lines; it is very important to be aware that even though this SKIL MT 8201-Self-Leveling Cross Line Laser is able to create angled lines but the con is that its mount isn’t created to swivel in order to accommodate angular lines. However you can try and find your way through holding it at an angle so as to keep the beams projecting so that it is able to support angles or if you can then just buy an extra mount clamp to assist you support the angles.
- Leica LINO L2 Laser Level Self Leveling Cross Line with Pulse
- Exact 90° angle
- IP54 rated dust-proof and splash-protected
- Pendulum Lock
- 3 AA batteries
- Projects bright red crossing horizontal and vertical lines
- Self-Leveling Feature
- Up to 45 feet
- A 120° fan angle
- Weight of 2.5 pounds
- 1 x 3.6 x 3.8 inches
- 5 volts
- 2 year warranty
Leica LINO L2 Laser Level Self Leveling Cross Line with Pulse is built with a high level of unique performance that will make your work very simple. First of all it is able to project bright red laser lines that are very easy to see and are up to 45 feet that will depend upon the lightening conditions that are in the room or area in which you are operating it. Now this exceptional cross line laser level contains a 120 degree fan angle making it perfect for alignment work comprising the 90 degree angle settings that is only activated through a single touch button. Another feature is the pendulum lock that is created to assist you manually switch off the auto-level and this way the laser lines will be projected at any given angle. This lock feature is also designed to be able to protect the Leica LINO L2 Laser Level Self Leveling Cross Line especially when you are transporting it from one place to the next. You will also find two buttons built on this line laser tool that is of level that is used to make its operation very simple and serves the purpose of allowing you pulse to signal when the laser is not level or rather out. Now the minor angular misalignments of this Leica LINO L2 Laser Level Self Leveling Cross Line are at ± 4° that is compensated automatically. Then if the angular misalignment is greater than the device will not be able to project any lines. It is also constructed with large lens that comes with optimal emergency angle that is created to provide remarkable visibility along with extent of the laser lines. Finally the construction of this laser is very compact and durable including an IP54 protecting it from dust and splashes and then the target plate that will allow a projection surface in places that are open and then lastly a magnetic multi function adapter that can take the place of a small tripod or wall bracket for simple setup.
- High quality optics: this Leica LINO L2 Laser Level Self Leveling Cross Line is constructed with a high quality leica options that is important because it enables the you have a very bold, precise as well as easy to see laser lines that will ensure that you don’t have to waste any time or even make error mistakes hunting for all the little marks in dim lighting. This way you will always be assured to not having any guesswork or wrong results due to the availability of the high quality optics. Another advantage of this leica is that it also makes it possible to easily transfer reference points from one wall to the other instantly.
- Quick process: now if you think that you will have to spend a lot of time trying to obtain accurate results while using this Leica LINO L2 Laser Level Self Leveling Cross Line then you will have to rethink that. This is because it comes with minor angular misalignments that are of ± 4 degrees that is compensated for automatically assisting you have great horizontal or vertical lines. However just in case the angular misalignment is gre4ater than this then this device wont project any lines at all so that it prevents any costly errors from happening. Then again if you have any extra alignment work like marking 90 degree angles then you can just touch a single button and its performance begins
- Lock function: this Leica LINO L2 Laser Level Self Leveling Cross Line is constructed with an amazing lock function that is very important especially when you are operating on a more difficult structure. This way through this lock function, you will be able to manually switch off the self-leveling and this way you will have the laser line projected at any given angle. This feature also contains an included ball adapter that is created to make it simple for you to set it up while you are projecting lines at different angles.
- Hard buttons: the buttons that are found on this Leica LINO L2 Laser Level Self Leveling Cross Line are created in a difficult way in that most times you will find it very hard to push to operate. This means that you will definitely have to push it a little harder till you see the progress and then release it.
- Johnson Level and Tool 40-0921 Self-Leveling Cross Line Laser Level Kit
- 360° graduated base
- Self-leveling within ± 6°
- interior horizontal and vertical layout
- Locking mechanism
- Emits cross line lasers
- 5 pounds in weight
- 5 x 18.5 x 10 inches
- 100 feet of indoor range
- Three year warranty
- A pair of tinted glasses
Johnson Level and Tool 40-0921 Self-Leveling Cross Line Laser is a very constructive kit that will assist you in accomplishing a variety of building projects that need horizontal or vertical leveling be it you are installing a chair rail, framing a room, placing kitchen cabinets or adding drop ceiling. So if you are a contractor, glazier, electrician, finish carpenters and any other professional then this is the right too for you. It features a 360 degree graduated base that is developed to allow you have angle layouts. Then also its cross line laser allows you achieve greater versatility allowing you be able to accomplish more projects quickly with even a lot less man power as compared to using the traditional levels that require much more man power. Johnson Level and Tool 40-0921 Self-Leveling Cross Line Laser is able to project a cross line beam that is made up of a horizontal and vertical line so that you are able to create a vertical or even a horizontal plane. Now another feature if this line laser is that it is able to self-level with maximum accuracy distinct from bubble and spirit levels that have an accuracy level that will depend on the people that are holding it. Rather this Johnson Level and Tool 40-0921 is able to automatically self-level to within ± 6 degrees. As a result, provided your level is standardized rightly, you will tackle all the building projects you have with a high level of confidence and obtain results without any errors. There is also a visual indicator found on this device that shows red colored lights to alert you immediately when the device is out of level. This line laser is perfect for both indoor and outdoor use with an interior range of up to approximately 100 feet that will depend on the lighting conditions that you have. The 3AA battery that allows it have a nonstop use for as long as 12 hours.
- Simultaneous projection: this Johnson Level and Tool 40-0921 is constructed to provide a simultaneous projection which allows you be able to accomplish tasks easily within a very short frame of time. This is because it is bale to project cross line beam that is made up of horizontal and vertical line that will enable you be able to institute a horizontal as well as vertical plane. This line laser contains a 360 degree graduated base that is designed to allow you have angled layouts while you operate with it.
- Visual indicator: this Johnson Level and Tool 40-0921 is built with a visual indicator that is colored red and it is very important because it will alert you immediately when the device is out of level. This way you will be able to correct it before you can continue with the task and get fast and accurate results.
- Locking mechanism: you will find a locking mechanism that is constructed on this Johnson Level and Tool 40-0921 designed for the main purpose of protecting the inner pendulum when the level is being transported. This way through this locking mechanism, the inner pendulum will be protected from every danger and so you will reach your destination with it working perfectly after switch on.
- Improved accuracy: as compared to many level especially the traditional ones, this Johnson Level and Tool 40-0921 contains a much more improved accuracy because it doesn’t require you to have people holding it but rather it is designed with the ability to self-level automatically to within ± 6 degrees. In way as long as you have placed your level correctly then you will be able to undertake all the projects you have with confidence because there won’t be any errors or wrong results at all.
- Indoor and outdoor use: whereas most of the liner lasers will not operate perfectly outdoors making them only great for indoor use, this Johnson Level and Tool 40-0921 is created different from those allowing it be able to perfectly perfectly indoors as well as outdoors. It contains a 100 feet range indoors that will all depend on the lighting that is found indoors.
- Doesn’t spin smoothly: this Johnson Level and Tool 40-0921 is constructed with a 360 degree graduated base which is unfortunately not able to spin very smoothly like it is meant to and this way it will end up slowing your operation time as well limiting you from accomplishing as many jobs as you would want.
*****OUR BEST CHOICE*****
DEWALT DW088K Self-Leveling Cross Line Laser
WHAT MAKES DEWALT DW088K OUR BEST CHOICE?
- Bright crossing lines that are vertical and horizontal
- Very light with only 1 pound in weight
- Contains an over molded housing
- 100 feet range of indoor visibility
- Full-time pulse mode
- Uses 4.5 volts
- A quarter an inch thread
- Contains an integrated pivoting base
- Compact size of 9.2 x 4.5 x 9.5 inches
- IP54 water/debris resistance
- Warranty of three years
This marks the end of this detailed review on the ‘’Best Self-Leveling Cross Line Laser – 2018’’. Bookmark this post for future reference.