5 Best Treadmill Alternatives – Detailed Review
Treadmills have been used for some good-time by most people as a top-choice fitness-equipment for cardio-workouts and overall fitness. However, there are also other hybrid fitness-machines on the market that will help you boost your performance in order to meet your fitness goals and these are usually referred to as treadmill-alternatives. In fact, the best treadmill-alternatives are built to outperform most treadmills in terms comfort, calorie-burning and versatility which is actually a great thing for most people. Additionally, most treadmill-alternatives are multi-purpose whereby they can be used for walking, running and stair-climbing exercises in order to help the user meet his/her fitness-goals easily. So, in this article i have listed for you some of the best treadmill-alternatives that will help you burn up more calories while ensuring a comfortable workout than any traditional treadmill.
TOP 5 CONTENDERS:
- NordicTrack C 7.5 – Check Price on Amazon*****
- Bowflex Max Trainer M5 – Check Price on Amazon
- New Bowflex TreadClimber TC100 – Check Price on Amazon
- Octane Fitness ZR7 Zero Runner – Check Price on Amazon
- Precor Commercial Series Adaptive Motion Trainer – Check Price on Amazon
WHAT ALL THESE TREADMILL ALTERNATIVES HAVE IN COMMON:
Most treadmill-alternatives actually have several important-features in common and these usually help the user achieve a more effective and comfortable workout. So, some of these similarities amongst the best treadmill alternatives will be listed below;
- Low-impact workouts: most treadmill-alternatives actually provide the user with low-impact workouts that are gentler on the ankles, knees, spine and hips. In fact, some treadmill-alternatives like the Bowflex Max Trainer enable the user to workout effectively with zero-impact which a great thing. All in all, some the benefits of low-impact exercises are lower risks of injury, greater-comfort and a more efficient workout.
- Help to burn-up more calories: most treadmill-alternatives are designed to help the user burn-up more calories because they enable someone to endure for longer without compromising performance and comfort like with any traditional-treadmill.
- Great incline-ranges: treadmill-alternatives are equipped with great incline-levels in order help the user get an intense workout which in-turn helps to burn-up more calories. Additionally, training on an inclined-level helps to naturally reduce on joint-impact since it shifts the body-weight relative to your knees.
- Multipurpose: treadmill-alter navies are also very versatile to use because they can be used to carry-out different exercises in order to enable the user meet his/her fitness-goals. In fact, these fitness-machines are usually referred to as hybrid-trainers because they can perform different roles like those of a cardio-trainer, treadmill, stair-climber and elliptical-machines.
- SpaceSaver designs: most treadmill-alternatives are designed to take-up less room-space compared to any traditional-treadmill. This actually means that they are great fitness-machine for home-use since the consume less-space.
- Usually self-powered: some treadmill-alternatives are self-powered whereby they need power-source to operate but they use your stride to power themselves up as you workout. This will actually help to save-up power compared to fitness-machines that use power to operate.
- Designed for both walkers and runners: treadmill-alternatives are designed to work for both runners and walkers that are seeking extra calorie-burn, incline-training benefits, improved-endurance and low-impact training.
- 5 Best Treadmills Under $1,000
- 5 Best Treadmills for Runners
- 5 Best High-End Treadmills
- 5 Best FoldingTreadmills
- 5 Best Treadmills for serious runners
- 5 Best Commercial Treadmills
- 5 Best Treadmills For Walkers
- 5 Best Cross-Training Treadmills
- 5 Best Incline Trainers
- 5 Best Treadmill Alternatives
5 BEST TREADMILL ALTERNATIVES:
- NordicTrack C 7.5
- 26 workout Apps/programs.
- A 20lb. Inertia-Enhanced flywheel.
- 22 digital resistance levels.
- One-touch-controls for incline and resistance adjustment.
- A Power-Adjustable stride and incline.
- A small home-footprint.
- iFit Enabled to access Google-Maps Training-routes.
- A 5-inch Backlit Display/monitor.
- An incline-range of 0-to-20 degrees.
- Dual CardioGrip-sensors within the handlebars.
- An Inter-mix Acoustic Sound System.
- A Tablet Shelf/Holder.
The NordicTrack C 7.5 is a great front-drive elliptical-machine that is designed to facilitate for an adjustable stride and incline while ensuring a small home-footprint. In fact, this elliptical-machine is equipped with over 26 workout-apps/programs to help you meet your fitness-goals while its well-engineered flywheel offers an incredibly smooth operation for a more even and natural ride. on top of that, the integrated 22 digital-resistance-levels enables the user to achieve a more intense workout while included one-touch controls enable you to easily adjust incline and resistance in order to vary your workout-intensity. On the other hand, the NordicTrack C 7.5 Elliptical-machine is also iFit-enabled in order to help you gain access to several workout-routes while its 5-inch backlit-display monitor and display your workout-progress. The NordicTrack C 7.5 even features a power-adjustable stride and this actually help you find a length that best suits your natural-body-movement while the inbuilt dual CardioGrip sensors enable you to stay within the target heart-rate zone for your fitness-goals. Lastly, this elliptical-trainer features a great sound-system that can connect to any standard headphone-jack in order to produce sound through the integrated dual 2-inch speakers while the inbuilt tablet-shelf helps to hold your phone/tablet so that you be able to entertain yourself as you workout.
- This elliptical-trainer will help you access different Google Maps training-routes and even track your workout-statistics using the integrated iFit-technology.
- It’s designed with a great 5-inch Backlit Display/Monitor which helps you to keep track of your workout-stats in order to help you meet your fitness-goals easily.
- The NordicTrack C 7.5 will help you to burn-up more calories and even target specific body-muscles because it can be inclined anywhere between 0-to-20 degrees.
- This elliptical machine features an adjustable-stride that will help you find a length that best matches your natural body’s movement.
- The integrated dual CardioGrip sensors help you to stay within your target heart-rate-zone in order to help you reach your fitness goals easily.
- This elliptical-trainer is equipped with a small display-monitor and this actually makes the displayed content to look small and hard to read.
- Bowflex Max Trainer M5
- 9 pre-programmed workouts/Apps.
- Low-impact motion.
- Computer-controlled resistance.
- Bluetooth smart-technology.
- Premium Handle-Grips.
- A backlit display-monitor.
- Heart Rate Monitor Integrated into contact grips and s0 chest-strap.
- Water Bottle Holder.
- A media shelf/holder.
- Maximum User Weight of 300-lbs.
- Free Max-Trainer® App.
- A compact design.
- 16 resistance-levels.
The Bowflex Max Trainer-M5 is a fully-featured fitness-machine that has been equipped with over 9 pre-programmed workouts so as to provide the user with a amore customized and intense workout that is gentle on your joints. In fact, this cardio-trainer provides the user with computer-controlled resistance, a great backlit-display that displays your workout-stats, Bluetooth-technology which facilitates for easy transfer of workout-data, premium handle-grips, a heart-rate-monitor for target-zone monitoring and compact SpaceSaver-design that makes this trainer a perfect for use in homes with limited space. Additionally, this cardio-trainer features a strong and durable frame that was designed to maximum user-weight of 300lbs hence making it a perfect fitness-machine for the whole family.
- This treadmill will help you to improve on your cardio-training gradually because its equipped with over 16 levels-of-resistance.
- It features an impressive display-screen which helps to track and display workout-information in order to help you reach your fitness-goals easily.
- With this cardio-trainer, you can easily monitor your heart rate-zone using the integrated contact-grip sensors or wirelessly with a chest-strap.
- This fitness-machine is also designed to help burn up to 2.5-times more calories than any traditional treadmill. This will in-turn help you lose extra-pounds in the shortest period of time while keeping your body healthy.
- This fitness-machine also provides the user with a zero-impact workout and this means that your joints and back-section won’t experience any impact while having a workout.
- This cardio-trainer actually lacks audio or entertainment features and this actually makes it abit boring to use when having a workout.
- New Bowflex TreadClimber TC100
- An interactive fully backlit LCD-screen.
- A built-in USB charging-port.
- A media shelf/holder.
- 12 levels of resistance.
- A heart-rate-monitor.
- Inbuilt transportation-wheels.
- Bowflex-Connect technology.
- An incline-range of 0-to-40 percent.
New Bowflex TreadClimber-TC100 is a high-performance fitness-machine that features a 3-in-1 design in order to provide the user with an effective workout. in fact this treadmill is equipped with a great drive-motor with a speed-range of 0.5-to-4.0mph and this actually makes it a great for walking and jogging while the inbuilt 12 resistance-levels help you to achieve a more intense workout gradually while burning-up extra-calories. On the other hand, this treadmill can be inclined to up to 40-percent in order to help tone-up muscles while burning extra-calories while the inbuilt heart-rate monitor enables you to stay within your heart rate-zone when working-out. On the other hand, this treadmill features a compact-design and it’s even equipped with transportation-wheels that facilitate for easy movement and storage.
- This TreadClimber will help you burn-up more calories because it features a great incline-range of 0-to-40 percent which facilitates for more intense workout.
- The New Bowflex TreadClimber-TC100 features a 3-in-1 design and this means that it can be used as treadmill, elliptical-trainer and as a stair-climber in order to help you meet your fitness-goals easily.
- This TreadClimber will help you achieve a great walking or jogging experience because it’s equipped with an awesome motor drive-system that can reach top-speeds of 4.0mph.
- This fitness-machine will also help you improve on your cardio-routine gradually because it’s designed with 12 resistance-levels.
- It’s integrated with a dual-purpose USB-port which helps to charge your devices in order to keep them active when having a workout.
- It features a compact design and this actually means that it will take up less space with your house and its small footprint even facilitates for quick and easy storage in-between workouts.
- This TreadClimber is actually designed with few workout programs and this actually limits the user’s performance while having a workout.
- Octane Fitness ZR7 Zero Runner
- It’s Self-powered and whisper quiet.
- Zero-impact workouts.
- Aircraft-grade aluminum-legs.
- Stride-Tracing technology.
- SmartLink App.
- Offers Cross-Circuit workouts.
The Octane Fitness ZR8 Zero-Runner a new and amazing fitness-machine that will enable you to walk, jog and run with zero-impact onto your joints and other parts of the body. In fact, this fitness-machine is equipped with Aircraft-grade aluminum legs which facilitate for an ultra-smooth pedaling-motion while the integrated performance-grips enable you to work out your upper-body muscles. On the other hand, this zero-runner is self-powered and this actually means that it does not need power to operate hence facilitating for a quieter workout experience. Additionally, the stride tracing technology keeps track of your stride as you workout while the included SmartLink-app helps to develop customized training-regimens basing on your specific fitness-goals.
- The zero-runner is actually a self-powered fitness-machine and this implies that it doesn’t need power-source to operate and this in turn saves you a lot of money on energy-bills.
- The included SmartLink-app enables you to access several workout-programs and video-demonstrations in order to help you get a workout that meets your fitness-goals.
- The stride-tracing technology help to monitor your stride as you walk, run or jog and this in-turn enables you to easily adjust your form so that you can be able to work-out for longer.
- The performance-grips found on this treadmill enable you to replicate the natural arm-motion as you workout and even help to work-out several upper-body muscles.
- This fitness-machine actually lacks a sound-system or audio-capabilities and this actually makes it abit boring to use by some people.
- Precor Commercial Series Adaptive Motion Trainer
- Open Stride technology.
- A stride length-adjustment from 0-to-36 inches.
- A stride height-adjustment from 6.8-inches to 10-inches.
- A Stride-Dial.
- 20 resistance levels.
- Heart-Rate-sensors on the handlebars.
- A telemetry function with an included chest-strap.
- A simple display-monitor.
- Maximum user-weight of 514-lbs.
The Precor Commercial-Series is an adaptive motion-trainer that used uses open-stride technology in order to provide the user with an effective cardio-training. In fact, this trainer was designed to adjust to your stride-length from 0-to-36 inches and stride-height of 6.8-to-10 inches in real-time while the integrated stride-dial targets specific muscle-groups as you workout. On the other hand, this fitness-machine is equipped with over 20 resistance-levels and heart-rate sensors on the handlebars coupled with a telemetry-function. All in all, this fitness-machine will provide you with a low-impact workout that is effective and it’s even designed to withstand a maximum user-weight of 514-lbs making it a perfect fitness-machine to use by almost anyone.
- This fitness-machine allows users to adjust their stride-height and length in real-time using the integrated Open-Stride technology.
- It will help you to stay within the recommended heart-rate zone because it’s equipped with heart-rate-sensor on the handlebars coupled with a telemetry heart-rate monitoring system which uses a chest-strap.
- This fitness-machine is designed to support a maximum user-weight of 514-lbs and this makes it perfect for home-use and commercial-use.
- Its console features a lot of functions and even has a small LCD-screen and this actually makes it a little bit difficult to use.