5 Best Treadmills For Runners
People who need to maintain their running-endurance or training for a big race actually need to acquire a high-performance treadmill that is designed for runners. In fact, when looking for a treadmill for running you should consider getting one that can withstand intense workouts over a longer period of time. On the other hand, most treadmills for running are equipped with advanced features which include a great shock-absorption, incline/decline options, multiple workout-programs a spacious running-surface, entertainment-features and a lot more so as to help simulate a real terrain running-experience. However, most of the treadmills designed for running are abit expensive since they are equipped with high-specifications and this is why it’s best for you to consider your price-range when looking for treadmill to run on. All in all, the treadmills that are listed in this article below are specially designed for runners and this actually means that you won’t fail to get a treadmill that works best for you.
TOP 5 CONTENDERS – 2017:
- ProForm Boston Marathon Treadmill – Check Price on Amazon********
- 3G Cardio Pro Runner Treadmill – Check Price on Amazon
- Horizon Fitness Elite T7 Treadmill – Check Price on Amazon
- 3G Cardio Elite Runner Treadmill – Check Price on Amazon
- NordicTrack T 6.5 S Treadmill – Check Price on Amazon
WHAT TO LOOK FOR WHEN BUYING A TREADMILL FOR RUNNERS?
There are actually several factors that you should consider when looking for treadmill to run on and the fact is that runners a treadmill with high-specifications in order achieve a great workout. So, below are some of the factors that you should consider when buying a treadmill for running in order to achieve an effective workout?
- A powerful commercial-grade motor: a strong motor-drive should actually be the most important factor when choosing a treadmill for running because it’s the motor that provide the treadmill with power to operate at certain speeds. So, as a runner you should consider getting a treadmill with a strong and durable motor drive-system in order to achieve optimum results. In fact, you should but a treadmill with at least a 3.0CHP motor-drive-system because this can actually be suitable for most running-workouts. But if you’re going to use the treadmill for intense running or trainings then you consider getting one equipped with a 4.0CHP motor drive-system and above for best results.
- Speed-range: most treadmills for runners feature a speed-range of about 0.5mph-to-12mph so as to provide the runner with effective running-results. However, treadmills designed for serious runners feature top-speeds of up to 15mph or more and this actually makes them very effective to use compared to any standard-treadmills designed for running. So, you should consider getting a treadmill with great top-speeds in order to achieve a more effective running-experience.
- A comfortable running-deck: you actually consider getting a treadmill that is well-cushioned over the deck in case you’re going to use it for running. In fact, the cushioning over the deck will help to reduce on joint impact as you run by simply absorbing the impact thus enabling you to run or workout for longer and comfortably. Additionally, make sure that you get a treadmill consistent cushioning throughout the running-track for best running-results.
- A wide and long running-surface: if you’re going to use treadmill specifically for running, then consider getting one that is designed with a longer and wide track so that you legs can be able to get enough running-space as you workout.
- A low-maintenance treadbelt: the quality of your treadmills belt/track actually has a big effect on how smoothly the treadmill will operate and last before needing any maintenance. So, you should consider getting a treadmill that is pre-lubricated and infused with silicone because it will require less-maintenance and will also provide you with a smooth workout-experience. In fact, most commercial-grade treadmills that are designed for running will be able to operate for a longer period of time before the treadbelt is changed or repaired.
- A powered incline/decline option: the best treadmills for running are actually equipped with a power incline/decline feature in order to help you achieve a more intense workout. In fact, training on an incline-level will help to simulate an uphill training while training on a decline level will help you simulate a downhill-training thus enabling you to achieve a more natural workout experience. So try to buy a treadmill that is equipped with an incline-option, decline-option or both so as to achieve the best out of your running experience.
- Extra-features: you should consider getting treadmill that is equipped with several extra-features in case you’re going to use it for running. In fact, most advanced treadmills for running are equipped with features like; iFit-technology, an inbuilt TV with internet-access, audio-capabilities, accessory-holders and a lot more. In fact, such extra features will help you achieve a more comfortable, convenient and effective running-experience when at home.
- 5 Best Treadmills Under $1,000
- 5 Best Cheap Treadmills
- 5 Best FoldingTreadmills
- 5 Best Treadmills for serious runners
- 5 Best Commercial Treadmills
- 5 Best Treadmills For Walkers
- 5 Best Cross-Training Treadmills
- 5 Best Treadmill Desk
- 5 Best High-End Treadmills
5 BEST TREADMILLS FOR RUNNERS – 2017 SELECTION
- ProForm Boston Marathon Treadmill
- A powerful 4.25 CHP Mach Z™ Commercial-Plus motor.
- Boston Marathon HD Video Workouts.
- IFit-technology Enabled.
- A 7-Inch Full-Color Touch-Screen Display.
- A 0 to -6% decline-ranges.
- A 0% to 20% incline-range.
- A QuickSpeed-control to up to 12-mph.
- A compatible music-port for iPod and mp3-players.
- A wide 20×62-inch Non-Stretch, 2-Ply, Commercial-grade Treadbelt.
- A maximum user-weight of 350-lbs.
- A CoolAire workout-fan.
- Multiple workout-programs.
The ProForm Boston Marathon-Treadmill is a high-performance fitness-machine that was designed to provide the user with HD Video-workouts coupled with iFit-technology so as to ensure a more effective and efficient workout at all times. In fact, this treadmill is equipped with a strong drive-motor that can provide you with an intense-workout while the included 7-inch full-color touch-screen display helps to track and show your workout-progress. On the other hand, this treadmill can automatically simulate any hill or dip because it inclines up to 20% and also declines up to 6%. Additionally, the ProForm Boston Marathon Treadmill features a 20-inch by 62-inch commercial treadbelt that provides the user with ample training-space while its durable and solid steel-frame is designed to users with weights of up to 350-lbs.
- This treadmill is very powerful and operates smoothly because it’s equipped with a 4.25-CHP Mach Z™ Commercial-Plus motor.
- It features a wide and long non-stretch treadbelt that makes you feel comfortable when jogging or running for a more effective workout.
- This treadmill can also automatically simulate any hills and dips while having a workout on it since it features a decline and incline feature.
- It features a great full-color touchscreen display which shows your workout-progress and even enables you to connect to the internet using the included android-browser.
- The ProForm Boston Marathon Treadmill is actually very expensive and this implies that some individuals may not afford it for home-use.
- 3G Cardio Pro Runner Treadmill
- An Ortho Flex ShockTM suspension system.
- A 3.0-hp motor drive-system.
- A foldable SpaceSaver design.
- One-Touch Controls.
- Large 3-inch rollers.
- A cooling workout-fan.
- A Maximum user-weight of 350-lbs.
- A USB-port.
The 3G Cardio Pro Runner is actually a great Treadmill for people who need to save space within their homes because it features a foldable-design coupled with high-grade steel-frame. In fact, this treadmill is equipped with an Ortho Flex ShockTM suspension system under the deck which facilitates for a more comfortable training while the 3.0-hp motor-drive provides a smooth and consistent workout. On the other hand, this treadmill is equipped with over 8-workout programs coupled with a great LED/LCD display that helps to display your workout-progress. Additionally, the included heart-rate monitors on this treadmill enable you to conveniently your heart-pulse when having a workout. Lastly, this treadmill can be inclined to up to 15-percent in order to facilitate for a more intense workout while the integrated cooling-fan helps to keep you cool and comfortable when having a workout.
- It features a well-constructed deck and treadbelt that provides the user with a more efficient and comfortable workout.
- It’s equipped with a USB-port which can be used to transfer workout-data and to charge your Smartphone as you workout.
- This treadmill is equipped with a cooling-fan that helps to keep you feeling fresh and comfortable as you workout.
- It’s equipped with a powerful drive-motor that can operate quietly, smoothly and efficiently as you workout over the treadmill.
- This treadmill is equipped with one-touch controls that facilitate for quick and easy adjustments of speed and incline.
- The 3G Cardio Pro Runner Treadmill lacks audio-capabilities and this actually makes it abit boring to use by some people.
- Horizon Fitness Elite T7 Treadmill:
- An effortless hydraulic folding-system.
- A Variable Response Cushioning-system over the deck.
- A strong Johnson Motor drive-system.
- 42 Exercise-Programs.
- Contact grips and Polar chest-strap heart-rate monitors.
- ViaFit Connected Technology.
- Energy Saver-Mode.
- Built-in speakers.
- A reading rack.
- A workout-fan.
- A bottle-holder.
- Incline range of 0-15%.
- Speed-range of up to 12-mph.
- A Running area of 60″ x 20″.
The Horizon Fitness Elite-T7 is a foldable treadmill that has been equipped with a strong and durable Johnson motor-drive so as to facilitate for a smooth and quiet workout. In fact, this treadmill is equipped with a hydraulic folding system that makes it easy to unfold/fold in-between workouts while the included 42 exercise-programs provide the user with a customized workout-routine. On the other hand, this treadmill also features ViaFit connect-technology which helps to track and send your workout-info to favorite fitness-apps while passport-technology helps to display different destinations on your home-TV as you workout. On top of that, this treadmill features contact grip and polar-chest-strap heart-rate monitors which help to monitor your heart-pulse as you workout.
- This treadmill is very easy to fold/unfold in-between workouts because it features an effortless hydraulic folding-system.
- It features a unique 3-zone cushioning-system over the deck which provides the user with the right amount of support and flex when having a workout.
- This treadmill offers a smooth, effective and quiet workout-experience because it’s equipped with a powerful and durable Johnson drive-motor.
- It offers the user with over 42 workout-programs in order to achieve a more effective workout-routine.
- It inclines to up to 15-percent in order to provide the user with a more challenging workout-experience.
- The Horizon Fitness Elite-T7 Treadmill actually lacks a decline-option and this means that you won’t experience a downhill-simulation when having a workout on this treadmill.
- 3G Cardio Elite Runner Treadmill
- A commercial-grade Ortho-Flex ShockTM suspension-system.
- A wide 22″ x 62″ running platform.
- A club-rated 4.0-HP motor.
- A speed-range of 0-to-12mph.
- Larger 3-inch rollers under the deck.
- Incline-range of 0-to-15%.
- 8 workout-programs.
- A maximum user-weight of 400-lbs.
- Multi-Window LED/LCD display.
- Quick speed/incline controls.
- Full-audio features.
- A safety-clip and Auto-Stop feature.
- An accessory-holder.
- A cooling workout-fan.
The 3G Cardio Elite-Runner is a commercial-grade Treadmill that is equipped with a 4.0-hp drive-motor that ensures smooth and effective operation while the integrated commercial Ortho Flex ShockTM suspension-system and large running-platform provides for a smooth and comfortable workout-routine. On the other hand, this treadmill can be inclined to up to 15-percent in order to experience a more challenging workout while the included 8 workout-programs provide the user with an amazing workout-experience. Additionally, this treadmill features a contact grip and polar-chest-strap heart-rate monitor which tracks your pulse as you workout while the integrated 3-inch rollers ensures smooth and quiet operation of the treadbelt. Lastly, this treadmill was designed to support a maximum user-weight of 400-lbs and this implies that anyone can have a workout on it while the included easy-access speed/incline buttons facilitate for easy operation of this treadmill with any interruptions.
- It features a large and long running platform that provides the user with enough jogging and running space.
- This treadmill can work perfectly for runners because it can operate to up to top speeds of 12-mph.
- It runs smoothly and quietly because it equipped with a stronger 4-hp motor-drive that can even operate at higher-speeds.
- It will help the user increase on the intensity of his/her workout because it can be inclined to up to 15-percent.
- It also features a heart-rate monitoring-system which helps to track and display your heart-pulse when having a workout.
- This treadmill is also designed to support a maximum user-weight of 400-lbs and this makes it perfect for use by heavier people.
- This treadmill is actually integrated with few workout-programs and this means that it won’t offer the user with great number of workout-options.
- NordicTrack T 6.5 S Treadmill
- A 0-to-10% Incline-range.
- FlexSelect Cushioning over the deck.
- A 5-inch Backlit Display.
- IFit-technology compatible.
- A 2.6 continuous-horsepower-motor.
- An integrated console sound-system.
- A great 20-inch by 55-inch treadbelt.
- 20 built-in workout-programs.
The NordicTrack T 6.5 S is a simple but effective treadmill that will help you reach your fitness-goals easily because it’s equipped with powerful 2.6CHP motor-drive that can operate smoothly and quietly for longer hours while incline range of 0-to-10% enables the user to achieve a more challenging workout. On top of that, this treadmill is equipped with a 5-inch backlit display that tracks and shows your workout-info while the included iFit-module enables you to access different Google-Maps training routes anywhere in the world in order to achieve a more customized and amazing workout-routine. On the other hand, this treadmill is equipped with a 20-inch by 55-inch treadbelt that has been integrated with a FlexSelect-cushioning at the top so as to provide the user with more comfortable and effective workout.
- It features a foldable SpaceSaver design that facilitates for easy folding/unfolding and storage in-between workouts.
- It features OneTouch-controls for speed/incline so as to ensure quick and easy operation when having a workout.
- The included adjustable FlexSelect-cushioning over the deck facilitates for a more comfortable workout without damaging your joints.
- The integrated sound-system enables you to connect an iPod or mp3-player and then listen to your favorite music as you workout.
- It features a slightly weaker drive-motor which also tends to be a bit noisy sometimes while having a workout.