Bosch GLL 55 Self-Leveling Cross-Line Laser Review
Get more productive, more accurate, precise and make your tasks a lot easier with the Bosch GLL 55 Self-Leveling Cross-Line Laser. This laser has the ability to either project two lines simultaneously or each one independently for you to perfectly accomplish several leveling and alignment applications all featuring its horizontal, vertical and cross line modes. It is loaded with the unique VisiMax technology that delivers exceptional line visibility in average working situations. It provides accuracy of 1/8inch at 33ft with up to 50ft visibility as the smart pendulum system alerts any condition that is out of level. Additionally this laser is also packed with magnetic L-mount delivering extremely powerful magnets for quick attachment to steel. The GLL 55 Self-Leveling has the ability to withstand even the toughest site conditions all due to the strong over-molded housing with IP54 dust and water protection. This unit gives users of all levels that assurance that they are performing only with the right measurements.
What we like:
- VisiMax technology; when it comes to visibility the GLL 55 Self-Leveling Cross-Line Laser is one outstanding laser all thanks to its VisiMax technology it is designed with. This exclusive technology provides superior brightness of beams in various site conditions and frequently supervises the temperature of the laser. This way the laser’s diodes always offer perfect line visibility without compromising the tool’s quality. Delivering high visible lines, this laser makes your tasks very easy while preventing the laser’s diodes from getting overheated hence making the laser even more durable. This unique technology is one of the reasons as to why the Bosch GLL 55 is a favorite laser for so many users.
- Smart pendulum system; now more than ever you can work with no guess work but rather with confidence that you are going to get accurate results and this is all due to the GLL 55’s smart pendulum system. This system not only self-levels but also lets you know in case of any out of level situations, this you won’t make any mistakes with your measurements and of there are any you will be able to correct the and be sure that you have 100% excellent measurements.
- Magnetic L mount; the Bosch GLL 55 takes only a few minutes to set up and it is at the same time extremely easy to use as a result of the magnetic L mount it comes with. The mount features very powerful magnets that attach tight and easily to steel studs. It also features the free standing mode together with retractable feet. This laser’s mount threading is 5/8-11icnh and for extra usage options 1/4-20inch.
- Versatile job layout; no matter how big or small your room might be, the Bosch GLL 55 will always be efficient. The professional laser is made with three modes including cross line, horizontal and vertical modes which either project two lines together or each one on its own. This laser is also made with the manual mode which allowing you to lock the cross line when you are not using it and at the same time gives you to use the tool at any angle that you feel most appropriate. When put next to a wall this, laser delivers a very long vertical line which extends visibility almost to 360degrees while all the other lines remain brilliantly visible all the way to 50ft.
- Simple setup modes; the Bosch GLL 55 is designed with a very user friendly keypad which lets you choose any layout mode with great ease. With such an easy to use tool you will always be excited about your next project instead of being worried it.
- Jobsite ready; Bosch’s GLL 55 laser is made to fulfill all of your desires which is why it features that super tough construction that can handle all kinds of site conditions. Its design is a combination of IP54 water and dust resistance along with a sturdy over-molded housing making it tough enough to withstand just about any site conditions.
- Secure laser transport; this Bosch’s GLL 55 self leveling laser is extremely safe during transportation and this is because the moment it is turned off, this system locks its pendulum. In addition to that it also comes with a sturdy carrying case to make it even safer, easier and more convenient to move around with. It features a light indicator which helps you to know whether the laser is locked or unlocked so you won’t have to worry about anything moving around with your tool when it is this well kept.
What we don’t like:
- Limited visibility range; if you compared the Bosch’s GLL 55 self leveling laser to some other lasers of the same type you will find that it is among those with limited visibility range. And much as it is very efficient at covering up an entire room layout, its visibility range can only go up to 50ft. this makes it quite tiring for those working in bigger spaces.
Overall I would clearly say the Bosch GLL 55 Self-Leveling Cross-Line Laser is a really great laser reason being even after going through lots and lots of reviews about the tool I barely came across any complaints about it. Infused with advanced VisiMax technology, this laser offers exceptional visibility in all site conditions while preventing the tool’s diodes from overheating to ensure added durability. Its smart pendulum system eliminates guess work and inaccuracy for both novices as well as professionals as it alerts you whenever you make there are any lines that are not accurate. The GLL 55 is extremely to use thanks to its magnetic L mount with free standing mode that makes it super easy to set up the tool for use while its user friendly key pad enables you to set the laser to any layout mode with ease. It also offers really efficient job layout with different modes to perfectly cover up a whole room as its super sturdy construction makes it more than ready for absolutely any job site conditions including the tough ones.