Braun Series 5-590cc Men’s Shaving System Review vs. Series 5 550cc
Before I go ahead with this review of Braun Series 5 550cc Shaver System, I would like to inform you that there has been an upgrade of this shaver and now we have a new Braun series 5 called 5 590cc-4 Electric Shaver, it also has a clean center just like the old model but I have checked its product page on Amazon I see no description for specs.
With that in mind, our legend model which Braun Series 5-590cc Shaving System still holds its position in top Braun Shavers, so far it has a customer rating of 3.9 out of 5 which is pretty a fair rating, though it can’t compete with Series 5 550cc whose rating is 4.3 out of 5. The main reason why I judge the quality and efficiency of a shaver basing on customer ratings is because these ratings are not fake, they’re posted by real people who haves used / tested these shavers. I personally I can’t test each and every shaver I review on Yosaki because that would be too expensive for me.
In this detailed review, I will compare both Braun Series 5-590cc and Series 5 550cc, if you’re not keen enough, you might think that these two models are the same, because they have the same shape and design on the exterior, but a few things make them different.
FEATURES OF BRAUN SERIES 5-590C:
- Triple Action Cutting System
- Precision Long Hair Trimmer
- Contour Adaptive Shaving Head
- 100% Waterproof and Fully Washable
- 4-Stage LED Display
- Rechargeable Battery
Braun Series 5-590cc vs. Series 5-550cc ‘’What is the Difference?’’
- Braun Series 5 – 590cc shaver [See price on Amazon….]
- Braun Series 5 – 550cc shaver [See price on Amazon….]
In this review, I will look into the similarities of these two Braun shavers and then cover their differences at least that will give us a clear picture on where to spend our money.
- ActiveLift :- Both Braun 5-590cc & 5-550cc have an ActiveLift technology which is resposible for lifting flat-lying hair and expose them to blades for cutting without pulling / irritating your skin. This is a very beneficial feature because it guarantees the user with a clean close shave. Men with very thick course hair always complain that they can’t get a close shave when they use electric shavers, however, that could be a thing of the past, because these two Braun shavers have been equipped with an ActiveLift technology which ensures that no hair is left lying or standing.
- OptiFoil:- Both models feature a unique shaving foil which is very friendly on the skin but serious on hair. By default, all Braun shavers have shaving foils, blades are hidden beneath these foils, but also the smoothness of the foil plays a great part when shaving, if it’s thin and smooth, you will enjoy the all shaving process. The OptiFoil system was designed to capture more hair and cut even deeper, leaving no hair standing.
- Triple Action Cutting System:- Both Braun 5-590cc & Series 5-550cc feature this triple action cutting system. These 3 cutting elements are responsible for shaving very long hair as easy as shaving short hair. So, if you have tried different types of electric shavers and see no good results, I think it’s time you switch to what works best.
- Precision Long Hair Trimmer:- Many times I get asked if one should shop for a beard trimmer when the shaver they have has a custom hair trimmer attached in it. The truth is that an independent beard / hair trimmer has more features than those found on a pop-up trimmer like the one we see on these two models. Beard trimmers also come with combs which you can use to define your shave and at the same time they have length adjustment feature. So a pop-up trimmer found on an electric shaver is made for small jobs like; mustache shaping, side-burn grooming and defining the edges of a beard.
- Contour Adaptive Shaving Head:- Your face has different contours, hair grows to different directions on each contour, so if you use a non premium electric shaver, it will be very difficult for you to get a close clean shave, some areas will remain with short hairs while others will be shaved clean. These two Braun shavers heads can automatically adapt to curves on your face and neck area, making sure no beard / hair is left standing.
- 100% Waterproof and Fully Washable:- I’m not sure if these two models are wet & dry shavers, but what I’m sure of is that you can immerse them into water and wash them clean without worrying about any damages. Their bodies are fully sealed which accounts to their durability. So men who love to shave while in the shower, you better grab any of these two Braun shavers.
- Rechargeable Battery:- I know this is a default feature for all electric shavers, but still I will not ignore this feature because it’s very important. However, 5-590cc shaving system can work when plugged into power or when its cordless.
- Hygiene Status Indicator:- Both Braun 5-590cc & series 5-550cc come with a clean and renew system which deals with cleaning the shaver, lubricating it and keeping it hygienic. This clean & renew system features a hygiene status indicator which beeps when the shaver is not clean, if you follow these indicators and act as required, your Braun shaver will stay in good condition for a very long time.
- Triple Action Free Float System: – Braun series 5-50CC features a Triple Action Free Float System, I doubt if this affects the performance of 5-590cc, but if you own 5-50cc please help us know what this Triple Action Free Float System does, maybe we shall get a clear picture.
- 4 LED vs. 2 LED:- The main purpose of these LED lights is to report shaver status, you will be in position to know the battery level and its hygiene status of your shaver. Braun 5-590cc shaving system features 4 LED Display yet Series 5 550cc Shaver System features only 2 LED displays, but when I compare the functionalities of these two displays, I see no difference. This makes me think twice, many times these grooming & electrical companies make very small changes on products and end up putting the price of a newly released product very high.
RELATED BRAUN SHAVER REVIEWS:
- Braun Series 5 550cc Shaver System Review
- Braun Series 5 5030s Electric Shaver Review
- Braun Series 5 5090cc Electric Shaver Review – Vs 790cc
WHAT’S IN THE BOX?
- Braun Series 5 – 590cc shaver
- Clean & Renew System
- Cleaning brush (it will help you clean the shaver quickly after running it under tap water)
- SmartPlug (100V-240V) – (it does not matter where you’re, this Smartplug enables the shaver to work with any voltage)
- Clean & Renew Cartridge (it is used in the automatic cleaning system, at least you get one for free and it can work for 2 – 3 months)
- Protective travel pouch (after using this shaver, clean and dry it very well before storing it in its protective travel pouch)
WHAT CUSTOMERS SAY ABOUT BRAUN 5-590CC SHAVING SYSTEM?
- It gives a close shave
- You will feel pain when shaving, because it pulls longer hair instead of shaving it.
- Performs better than most Norelco shavers
- It’s a great shaver, but it has a few flaws, not 100% perfect.