Best Kitchen Appliances
Breville BOV800XL Smart Oven 1800-Watt Convection Toaster Review
The Breville BOV800XL is great Smart Toaster Oven which is equipped with Element-IQ cooking technology that adjusts the power of the 5-individual, quartz heating-elements in order to cook food more quickly and evenly. In fact, this oven features a heating system that distributes heat throughout in order to guarantee more even cooking.
Additionally, this smart-oven is equipped with 9 different cooking-options which allow the users choose the best setting depending on the food they are preparing. On the other hand, this oven also features convection heating technology which uses a fan to circulate hot-air within the oven so that all the sides of food get cooked evenly and at the same rate. This convection feature is very crucial when it comes to baking foods like cookies and cakes. Another amazing feature about this smart-oven is that your customized settings will kept into the memory until the oven is unplugged from a wall-outlet.
- Breville BOV800XL Smart-Oven is easy to use because it comes with an instruction-book which is very easy to read and follow. In fact, the instruction-books contain about 30 food recipes and ideas which can guide you during your cooking process.
- This smart-oven makes it easy to get food out without reaching inside or risking to get burnt. This is due to the magnetized oven-door which pulls the oven-rack half-way out when opened. Additionally, this oven has a large handle that is easy to grab in order to open the door and this handle stays cool so that you can touch it at any time.
- The Breville BOV800XL Smart-Oven features an LCD-display which is very to read and displays the temperature-levels, function and time-controls.
- Lastly, this smart-oven is energy efficient and will even fit into the smallest kitchens compared to larger ovens. This means that if you have a small kitchen and you really want to save space, then the Breville BOV800XL Smart-Oven will work for you.
- The top of the smart-oven can get hot while cooking and it can easily burn you in case you touch it accidentally. However, it’s advised to place something on top like cutting board or tray in order to avoid any burning.
- Another drawback about this smart-oven is the lack of interior light and this means that you won’t be able to properly see what you are cooking at night. This means that food may get burnt out without the user noticing which is not good.
- The other weakness is the short power-cord that is equipped onto this smart-oven. This means that you need to place this oven next to power-outlet which is kind of inconveniencing for some people.
- Cuisinart Tob-195 Exact Heat Toaster Oven Broiler Review
- Panasonic NB-G110PW FlashXpress Toaster Oven Review
- Hamilton Beach 31230 Set & Forget Toaster Oven Review
- Black & Decker TO1303SB 4-Slice Toaster Oven Review
- Element IQ technology: The Breville BOV800XL Smart-Oven is equipped with Element-IQ cooking technology which help to adjust the power of the 5-individual quartz heating elements in order to cook food more evenly and quickly. This sophisticated heating-system will also help to distribute heat throughout the oven in order to facilitate for more efficient cooking.
- 9 pre-set programs: this smart-oven is designed with 9 different menu-options which allow the user to choose the best setting depending on the food they are cooking. These menu-options include; bake, toast, bagel, roast, pizza, broil, cookies, re-heat and warm. In fact, this oven delivers the right amount of power at the right time and even when adjusted to another setting. Likewise, each of these 9-functions is preset with recommended settings hence taking guesswork out of cooking. However, each menu-option can be customized according to the recipe, volume of food or personal-taste. Additionally, the customized settings will remain in the oven-memory until changed or until the oven is unplugged from a wall-outlet hence this streamlines your cooking process.
- Made of quality-materials: The Smart-Oven is carefully constructed from the most durable and quality materials. This oven is housed in a reinforced stainless-steel frame which looks attractive especially when placed in the kitchen. On top of that, the elements of this oven are composed of quartz rather than the metal like in other toaster-ovens. Quartz is a good material because it responds more quickly to heat-change resulting into more even heating throughout the oven. Additionally, the roomy-interior of the oven is coated with a non-stick material which can safely withstand high-temperatures and even makes cleanup much easier.
- Patented magnetic auto-eject rack: this smart-oven includes a patented magnetic auto-eject rack. this operates in such a way that there are small-magnets embedded on the sides of the oven-door which pull the wire-rack halfway from the oven when the door is opened thus making food easier to remove while preventing any accidental burns.
- LCD display: this oven features an in-built, back-lit, easy-to-read LCD display which calculates the time and temperature while cooking. This LCD-display illuminates orange during preheating and cooking but it will turn blue once the cooking-cycle is complete.
- Temperature and time dial: the oven has a temperature and time dial with auto shut-off and sound-alert. With these dials, you simply have to twist in order to achieve the settings you want while cooking or baking food. This makes the oven much convenient to use compared to other ovens which use buttons.
- It has only 3 buttons: this smart-oven is equipped with only 3-buttons for frozen-food, convection and temperature-conversion on the controls. In fact, functions of these buttons are spelled-out on the LCD-display so that you don’t have to use a user-manual to figure-out what the symbol on each of the buttons stands for.
- Wattage adjustment: this Smart-Oven can also adjust the wattage of its heating-elements hence ensuring more cooking flexibility. For example, broiling requires high-heat from above in order to melt and brown food hence the Smart-Oven will activate 1500W of high-heat from the top-elements of the oven. In fact, the Element-IQ technology functions just like a dimmer on a light-switch whereby it increases or decreases element-power with a simple turn of the knob.
- Smart Convection Oven-Accessories: The Breville Smart-Oven comes with 3-acccessories which include; a pizza-pan, baking-pan, and broil-rack. Each of these will accessories will work on a specific type of food while cooking hence fulfilling your personal needs.
- Convection heating feature: the convection cooking feature uses a fan to circulate hot-air to all sides of the food while cooking at the same rate. This convection feature is very important when it comes to creating baked-foods like; cookies and cakes which require to be cooked evenly all the way through.
The Breville BOV800XL Smart-Oven is high quality kitchen appliance that will enable the user to prepare different dishes. This oven is equipped with Element-IQ cooking technology which helps to adjust the power of 5-individual quartz heating-elements so as to cook food more quickly and evenly. It even features 9-different menu-options which allow the user to select the best setting for the food they are cooking. This oven also adjusts the wattage of its heating elements to ensure cooking flexibility by dynamically distributing heat to different areas. The convection cooking feature on this oven uses a fan to circulate hot-air so that all the sides of food are cooked at the same rate all the way through.
On the other hand, this smart-oven is constructed using the most durable materials like stainless-steel housing while the elements are composed of quartz which responds to heat more quickly while cooking. The interior of the oven is also coated with a non-stick material which can safely withstand high-temperatures and makes cleaning much easier between cooking sessions. on top of that, this oven features patented magnetic auto-eject rack whereby the small-magnets embedded on the sides of the oven-door pull this wire-rack halfway from oven when this door is opened making food much easier to remove while preventing accidental burns.
Who does it benefit?
- This smart-oven benefits people with smaller kitchens: the Breville Smart-Oven is a perfect kitchen appliance for people with smaller kitchens. In fact, this oven is a great replacement for that large oven and this is mainly because the smart-oven can fit into the smallest kitchens or spaces. Additionally, this Smart Oven is much more energy efficient whereby it uses 50-percent less electricity compared to larger ovens.
What Else Do You Need?
- Breville Bamboo Cutting-Board: this can be used with the Breville BOV800XL Smart-Oven by simply placing it over top in order chop-up your ingredients and it even protects the user from directly accessing the hot top-section of the smart-oven.
- 13-Inch Pizza Stone: this pizza-stone is wide enough to fit into the Breville BOV800XL Smart-Oven. This stone will facilitate in the preparation of pizzas because it’s a good heat-conductor.