DEWALT DW088K Self-Leveling Cross Line Laser Review
The DEWALT DW088K Self-Leveling Cross Line Laser is a very reliable and productive laser suitable for commercial or professional applications as well residential tasks for example fixing wall tiles and floor tiles. It is also performs perfectly as it uses two bright precise crossing horizontal and vertical beams to accurately work on all those layout and leveling jobs. The DW088K laser is infused with a magnetic pivot base which allows it to mount well onto metallic surfaces while the IP54 debris water resistant and over molded housing design makes it amazingly durable. This laser also features a side control panel with individual buttons for quick and easy operation of all the three beams. While you work inside the house this tool delivers the required brightness for clear visibility even over wider range due to 1/8inch range precision. And without forgetting, this laser is also made with the full-time pulse mode which preserves brightness of the beams and lets you work with a detector. Because of the DW088K laser’s accuracy, it is ideal for both indoor and outdoor use.
What we like:
- 165 foot range with detector; the DEWALT DW088K allows you to work with a detector as a result of the full time pulse mode that is designed with. This way you can increase the range to which the laser’s beam can reach all the way to 165 feet. It is compatible with the DW089 from Dewalt line laser detector which is sold separately.
- 1/8 inch range precision; this cross lines laser at a 30 ft range will project its bright lines within 1/8 inches of an inch thus delivering really accurate results. Each project with this laser will turn out excellent.
- Self leveling cross lines; the DEWALT DW088K is an effortless performing laser and this is due to the fact that it uses self leveling vertical and horizontal lines so as to offer you excellent layout and leveling results. Leveling and layout applications require a lot of precision which is exactly what this laser provides.
- In built magnetic pivot base; it is constructed with a magnetic spinning base with 1/4inch thread that allows mounting on metallic surfaces extremely easy.
- Full time pulse mode; with this full time pulse mode, the laser has ability to sustain brightness of the beams over an extended range and it is because of this mode that it is possible to use the Dewalt’s DW088K laser with a detector.
- Durable design; from this laser expect nothing but long lasting performance reason being it features an amazingly sturdy design which is IP4 water/debris resistant and over-molded frame. With this design the laser can handle tough tasks and still remain in excellent working condition over a long period of time.
- Convenient carrying case; for professionals who are always on the move and added storage convenience the laser comes with a very durable hard-sided kit box.
- Ideal for both outdoor and indoor use; the DEWALT DW088K is not only made for indoors use but also for outdoors coverage. This laser doesn’t limit you to using it while you are indoors you can also use it for your outdoors needs if you wish to since it has the ability to extend working range all the way to 165 feet. Its indoor visibility range is 100ft and outdoor visibility range is 50ft. Many of the users actually love this laser due to its unlimited range of operation.
- Perfect for both commercial and residential application; because of the accuracy and incredible visibility of the DEWALT DW088K laser it has been greatly appreciated by both home users who only use it for residential tasks as well as the professionals that use it for commercials jobs. Whether you want to install floor tiles or wall tiles, this machine will definitely be very good at its job. It is however better recommended for smaller professional jobs and not the large scale ones.
- Three year limited warranty; the Dewalt DW088K comes with a full year of free service along with three year warranty and this is proof enough that this machine is designed with incredible quality since it gives you provision for returning the laser if you are not pleased with it. Any good quality machine should offer such good warranty because it gives buyers peace of mind that they are actually investing their money on a product that is worth it.
What we don’t like:
- Not ideal for large projects; when it comes to visibility quality over small sized areas there is no question about the Dewalt DW088K’s performance, however when it comes to larger projects this is just not the laser you will need because it will not offer the kind of accuracy and brightness over a larger scale. It is only recommended for smaller projects since that is when it offers outstanding results.
- Lack of a locking pendulum; since the Dewalt DW088K has no lock on the pendulum you will definitely need to take better care of your laser reason being it could easily get damaged. A locking pendulum is meant to protect the machine’s inner components from any sort of damage and this laser lacks one.
For precision and outstanding accuracy on small scale professional tasks there is absolutely no better choice other than the DEWALT DW088K Self-Leveling Cross Line Laser. This laser features two bright crossing beams that are projected to deliver incredible layout and leveling application results. It is also designed with a full time pulse mode which is responsible for sustaining brightness via extended range and allowing the laser to work with a detector. It can offer visibility range of 100ft and even though this laser wasn’t really designed for outdoor use it can at least provide visibility range up to about 50ft. it is very easy to mount the machine on metallic surfaces as result of the magnetic pivoting base while its extremely tough design ensures maximum durability and long lasting performance. Overall one wouldn’t really be wrong to say that the DEWALT DW088K Self-Leveling Cross Line Laser