How To Choose A Juicer – Like a Pro
It is very important to take the right decision when choosing a juicer and you should also consider what you are going to use the juicer for before purchasing one. In fact, if you want to produce juice a citrus-juicer machine will work for you, if like extracting fruits and vegetables then a centrifugal juicer is required. Additionally, if you want to produce wheatgrass juice, then choose a masticating juicer with 1 or 2 gears is enough. On the other hand, there are juicers/extractors on the market that can handle seeds, stems, broccoli and pineapple. In conclusion, before choosing a juicer try to think about your requirements you can actually get juice from any type of juicer but there are big differences in speed, quality and yield.
RELATED:- What Is The Best Juicer
Factors to consider when choosing a juicer:
- Consider how often the juicer will be used: when choosing a juicer, try to consider how often you are going to use it and also consider the juicer’s main purpose. In case dislike cleaning juicers but you actually want to extract juice very often, then find a juicer with fast and easy maintenance. In conclusion, you should keep in mind that a juicer is more affordable than an extractor.
- Check the features on the juicer: it very important to first check-out for all the features on the juicer before buying. This will help to let you know whether a particular juicer has the capability to accomplish what you expect out of it.
- Consider the juicer design and quality: it is important to put into consideration how the juicer looks on the counter and whether it can easily be stored. Additionally, consider the quality of the materials used to build the juicer to know whether they are durable and can make the juicer achieve a sleek and modern design.
- Consider how effective a juicer reduces food-waste or pulp: a high-quality juicer will allow the user to consume the pulp and even extract as much as 33-percent more pulp than rival-models. This means that a reduction in food-waste/pulp should be considered when on how much to spend on juicer. On the other hand, masticating-juicers are really good when it comes to maximum juice extraction.
- Consider the speed of the juicer: some super-fast extractors tend not to squeeze all the juice out of the produce. In fact, faster juicers can extract a standard glass of juice in about 5-seconds. On the other hand slow-speed juicers take long to a bit long to extract juice out of produce but they tend to get every last drop of juice from the pulp. However, high-speed juicers tend to heat-up and this destroys antioxidants and enzymes which are the most important elements of juice. Additionally, high-speed juicers also make more noise than slow-speed juicer while extracting juice.
- Take note of the juicers feed-tube: you should know that a juicer with a larger feed-tube facilitates for quick and easy juice extraction while minimizing prep-time compared to juicers with small feed-tubes. In fact, in case someone dislikes dicing fruit, then they should choose a juicer with a wide feed-tube. All in all, you should take note of the feed-tube when choosing a juicer.
- Consider the number of moving-parts on the juicer: when choosing a juicer, try to go for one that has fewer moving parts because it to be faster and easier to clean-up after usage. Additionally, look for juicer with pulp-receptacles and filter-screen that are easy to remove for cleaning because some juicers may require tools to remove these parts which is not good. On the other hand, rounded juicer parts are easier to clean than sharp angles and also ensure that juicers components top-rack dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.
- Consider the warranty-package of the juicer: you should actually know that each juicer-brand is offered with a different warranty package and this may also depend from the seller or store you are buying this juicer. For example, the Breville Juice-Fountain Elite is only guaranteed for 12-months while the Omega J8005 Juice-Extractor carries a 10-year warranty.
- Consider the price of the juicer: although high-quality juicers tend to have higher prices, they will actually save you a lot of money that would have been spent on ingredients because this quality-juicer ensures maximum juice extraction. In fact, quality juicers can easily be maintained and even last for longer than regular juicers.
- Consider the amount of juice you want extract from a juicer: before purchasing a juicer, asses the amount a juice you want to extract out of it. In case you are going to prepare a lot of juice at once, then choose a centrifugal juicer because it enables you to process in short time compared to low-rpm juicers. On the other hand, you can choose a low-rpm juicer because it produces nutritious and tasty juice though it takes a longer to process the ingredients. In fact, this juicer will produce about 4-liters of quality-juice and this is sufficient volume for an average family.
Tips to consider when choosing a juicer:
- Try to check-out the noise-level of different juicers before making a purchase. This will help you notice the juicers that make a lot of noise while extracting juice so that you can avoid them.
- In case you are searching for an everyday use juicer, it would be very important to consider quality because high-quality juicers tend to be more effective and durable than regular-juicers.
- Get a juicer that is easy to assemble or disassemble because it will be to set-up in case you want to prepare a quick glass of fresh juice. Additionally, this juicer will easy to clean after disassembling it compared to juicers which require tools for disassembling and assembling.
- You should know that there is a big difference between a juicer and an extractor and try not to be fooled by adverts. This means that you should make some research before purchasing a juicer so that you get what you exactly need.
- Try to buy a masticating juicer because it offers extra features and accessories that can be used to grind, mince, pasta-making and creating home-made baby-food.