How To Compare Juicers – Buyers Guide
Before you purchase a juicer, it is very important to make a comparison with other juicers and also consider your individual juicing needs in order to achieve best results. In fact, it’s also important to make a list of your budget range and features when searching for a juicer. Additionally, considering your juicing habits before you buy a juicer will greatly save you from making costly mistakes. Below are some of factors to consider or keep in mind when comparing juicers.
FACTORS TO CONSIDER WHEN COMPARING JUICERS:
- Consider what you are going to use the juicer for: you should try to consider what vegetables and fruits you be extracting a juicer as you compare different juicers. A centrifugal juicer will be a great appliance for extracting juice from hard fruits and vegetables. However, a centrifugal juicer is not good at extracting high-levels of juice from leafy greens. On the other hand, if you plan to extract juice from mostly leafy-greens like spinach and wheatgrass, then a twin gear juicer or masticating juicer will do a great job.
- Consider the time you spend while juicing: in case you like spending less time while juicing, then look for a centrifugal juicer because it does the juicing very fast. On the other hand, if you have enough time for juicing then go for twin-gear juicer or masticating juicer because they are a bit slower but do an efficient job when it comes to extracting high-levels of juice.
- Consider the size of feed-tube of the juicer: in case you don’t have the patience to chop or slice-up products, then opt for a juicer with a wide feed-tube for best results. In fact, such a juicer will extract juice from whole carrots, beets and apples. On the other hand, a juicer with a small feed-tube will work for people who have the time for chopping-up the fruits and vegetables before extraction.
- Consider whether you be moving with the juicer: in case you will be travelling with the juicer regularly, then it is advised to purchase a compact and lightweight juicer for best results. On the other hand, if you reo not going to move with your juicer all the time, then you may not consider the size of the juicer when purchasing it.
- Consider the size of the juicer: in case you are creating juice for the whole family then try to purchase a large juicer with a stronger motor. On the other hand, you can get a compact juicer in case you are just alone or 2-people. A compact juicer will also for people with less kitchen space and those who are always travelling.
- Compare the different types of juicers: it is very important to compare the different types of juicer before purchasing one. There are actually 4-types of juicers and each type functions differently and has pros and cons. you should actually consider each type of juicer in comparison with the requirements you expect from a juicer. Below are some of the juicer types and what they are best at when it comes to extracting juice.
- Centrifugal juicers: these juicers extract juice by grinding fruits and veggies then strain or spin it in while separating the pulp from juice. The pulp is then ejected from the back and disposed-off while juice is collected in a container. Such juicers are fast to work with because they require less-preparation and have a high-rpm. In fact, if you are a person takes juice on the go then this juicer will for you but in case you prefer juicing at once and store the juice in the fridge, then this juicer may not work for you because of the degradation in taste due to heat build-up and high-oxidation.
- Masticating juicers: these juicers actually use a single gear to crush through any produce slowly while decomposing the cell through a spiral rotation against the auger. This type of juicer can yield a high-quantity of juice because of their slow and sturdy operation. Additionally, these juicers can perform extra tasks compared to average juicers and these tasks include; making pasta, sauce, ice-creams, nut-butter and much more. on the other hand, such juicers work great when it comes to extracting juice from vegetables but they are just average on fruits and produce long-lasting juice with high nutrition-content and yield. However, masticating juicers are a bit expensive and slow when extracting juice from produce.
- Triturating juicers: these juicers rotate at a very slow speed and produce juice in 2 distinct stages. The first stage involves crushing fruits or veggies down and the second-stage involves pressing juice out of the produce. In fact, this type of juicer yields juice with more fibers, enzymes, vitamins and trace-minerals. However, these juicers take a long period of time to create juice and even require proper maintenance and cleaning after juicing.
- Citrus juicers: this is the simplest type of juicer on the market and it is a little bit cheaper than other types. This juicer is meant to extract citrus-fruits only like; lemon, oranges, lime etc. in fact, you can’t extract juice from grape, apples and other produce while using a citrus-juicer.
TIPS TO CONSIDER WHILE COMPARING JUICERS:
- Juicers with white plastic-parts tend to get stained with regular usage. So try to go for stainless-steel juicers because they are durable and don’t get stained.
- You should check-out whether the juicer-parts are dish-washer safe to ensure easy clean-up. This means that your juicing and cleaning experience will be made much easier compared to juicers that are not dishwasher safe.
- Test different juicers while doing your comparison in order to find a juicer that meets your need or works best for you. In fact, testing the juicer will even help know how fast it is when it comes to extracting juice.
- You need to know the difference between a blender, food-processor and juicer so that you don’t get confused while comparing different juicers. This is very important when it comes to selecting the juicer because they are many juicers, blenders and other related on the market.