How To Install WordPress On a New Domain Name – Short Course
WordPress is still the best and most popular content management system used for creating websites and blogs. As a beginner, you can use WordPress to start a money making blog or a business website. Installing WordPress is simple – you don’t need any technical skills to get things going. Website hosting companies like www.Bluehost.com have made it very simple to install WordPress on your domain name. All you have to do is to log into your Bluehost account, search for a WordPress Icon, Click on it, select a domain name where you want Bluehost to install WordPress on and Click install. It is that easy. Check out detailed steps below. (Illustrations included)
WHAT YOU NEED BEFORE INSTALLING WORDPRESS:
You need to have a domain name and a Bluehost account. WordPress is installed on your domain name via your hosting account. So without a domain name and a hosting account, it might be very difficult to install this cloud based software.
HOW TO INSTALL WORDPRESS USING MOJO MARKETPLACE?
Why MOJO marketplace? Bluehost works with a third party script managed by Mojo marketplace to install WordPress on your domain. Several hosting companies use Mojo Marketplace’s WordPress installation service .
If you have a Bluehost account, follow steps below:
Step 1: – LONG INTO YOUR HOST ACCOUNT:
You can log into your Bluehost account with your Gmail account or username & password provided to you during registration with Bluehost. If you don’t have an account with them, it takes just a few minutes to get one.
Step 2:- SEARCH FOR A”WORDPRESS ICON” AND CLICK ON IT
After finding a WordPress Icon in your control panel, click on it to start the installation. After clicking on the ICON – you will be taken to Mojo Marketplace control panel within Bluehost. (Don’t forget that Bluehost works hand-in-hand with MOJO Marketplace to provide you with a 1-click WordPress installation service.
Step 4:- CHOOSE A DOMAIN WHERE YOU WANT MOJO TO INSTALL WORDPRESS
I’m sure you registered your domain name with Bluehost. If not, you have to add it on Bluehost and change its name servers to (ns1.bluehost.com & ns2.bluehost.com). If you add a domain name on Bluehost and forget to change its name server, it won’t be fully added to Bluehost and you won’t be in position to install WordPress on it.
For those who have already registered their domains with Bluehost. Select your domain and processed with the installation process. (I’m sure you see a ‘’directory’’ field on the right – please leave that field empty otherwise if filled, the installation will go to that folder not the parent domain folder)
Step 5: – FILL IN YOUR SITE NAME, ADMIN USERNAME AND ADMIN PASSWORD
This is case sensitive information – make sure you choose an admin name which does not correspond with your website’s domain name (otherwise it will be very easy for hackers to guess your login details) – Also, don’t use ”admin” as your admin username. When it comes to passwords – opt for a password which has ”Letters, Numbers & Symbols” – it might be difficult for you to remember this password. So the trick is to save both your ”Admin username & Password” in a note pad and save that note pad in your email / dropbox.
Step 6:- CLICK THE”INSTALL NOW BUTTON”
After choosing the right admin username & password, go ahead and click the ‘’Install now Button’’. But make sure you agree to terms and conditions
Once the installation is successful, you will see a success message notifying you that WordPress has been installed on your domain name.
Step 7:- Access your New WordPress site:
Click on the Admin URL -> log into your website to start customizing it.
Step 8: View your newly installed website:
By default, WordPress will install a free theme on your domain name. This theme can be replaced with a better looking them from www.themeforest.net
Step 9:- Log into your newly installed WordPress Website
Step 10:- Install all essential WordPress Plugins
These will help you customize the functionality of your website.
List of Plugins that always install immediately after installing Worpress on a new domain name:
- SEO Ultimate:- For seo – use to put Meta description and title
- Akismet Anti-Spam:- Protect your blog from spam.
- Disqus Comment System:- The Disqus comment system replaces your WordPress comment system.
- Share Buttons by AddThis:- Enable users share your content on social media – it helps in boosting traffic & sales)
- Google Font Manager: – Adds a library of selected Google Fonts to your WordPress.
- Google XML Sitemaps: – It generates XML sitemaps which will help search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing, and Ask.com to better index your blog.
- Post Type Switcher:- Easily switch posts to pages or pages to posts
- WP Super Cache: – Very fast caching plugin for WordPress
- VaultPress:- Protects your content, themes, Plugins
- Yet Another Related Posts Plugin:- Adds related posts to your site
- Rel Nofollow Checkbox: – Adds ”rel nofollow” tag to external links
- WordPress Menufication: – Generates a responsive menu from WordPress menu system.
- How To Make A Niche Review Website In WordPress
- How To Create A Multilingual Website With WordPress
- How To Add Buttons In WordPress Without Using Short Codes
- How To Create Responsive Tables In WordPress