How To Wet Shave With An Electric Shaver
Using an electric shaver will give you a quick, clean, close shave. However, the type of shaver you are using will also determine how close the shave will be and how fast it will be. The speed at which these shavers do their jobs differs; some are too fast while others are a bit slow. Expensive brands like BRAUN SERIES 7-799CC-6WD CC4 ‘‘wet & dry” shaver have a very fast motor which speeds up the shave process. Other wet shavers like Panasonic ES8243A Arc4 feature four blades; these will ensure that no hair / beard is left behind.
Wet shaving with an electric shaver is so forgiving, it saves you from bumps and ingrown hairs, and it also guarantees you with a clean close shave. In this post, you will learn how to wet shave with an electric shaver, I might suggest a few products here and there, but feel free to use what works best for you.
- Inspect your electric shaver:- Before lathering up or shaving, you have to inspect the status of your electric shaving machine. First you to be sure if its a wet and dry shaver, it has to be water proof and the only way you know this is by checking on its user manual. If you borrowed that electric shaver from your brother / dad, ask them if it’s a wet shaver, otherwise you might land yourself into trouble.
- Inspect your skin:- If you have acne or ingrown hairs, you might need to use a special wet & dry electric shaver. The new Braun 7-799cc-6 & Norelco 1150X/46 Shaver 6100 is a very good electric shaver for men with acne or ingrown hairs. But if your skin is clear and safe, you can use any of these top 10 electric shavers.
- Decide on how to shave and style of your beard: – We all have different goals when it comes to beard grooming and shaving. You can opt for a super clean shave, this will give you a baby face, because no beard will be left on your face, this style suits any face shape. But if you want to leave on some beards, certain style might not suit you. Your face shape will play a very big role when choosing a beard style; for example, [LONG FACES ] men with long faces, you should go fuller on the sides, this means you have to leave on more beards on the sides and very little on the chin, this will make your face appear less longer. [ ROUND FACE] You can opt for a goatee, petite goatee or a chin puff, these three beard styles will leave beards on the chin, but try to opt for a longer goatee, this will make your face look really long.
- Prepare your face:- Follow the right process of wet shaving with an electric shaver, don’t just leather up your face and start shaving, I agree you will get a close shave, but there is a very possibility of getting bumps or ingrown hairs after a few days, so to save yourself from any of these problems, I suggest you wash your face very well with face soap and warm water, this process will soften the beards and make it very easy to shave them. You can wet a soft face towel in hot water and put the towel on your face; this will kill all germs and also prepare your face for shaving.
- Use a good Shaving Cream: – Wet shaving with an electric shaver will require you to leather up with a very good shaving cream, hopefully you have one, but if you don’t, you can try”Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Shaving Cream” , this is a very good shaving cream, it doesn’t contain any alcohol and it soothes your skin very well to prevent any kind if irritations. Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Shaving Cream is affordable and the rosemary ingredient makes it user friendly because it gives it that amazing smell.
- Put shaving cream on your face: Leather up your beard or any other area to be shaved with shaving cream. Use a badger hair brush to apply shaving cream on your face. Let the cream sit on your beards for at least 3 – 5 minutes before shaving, this will ensure that the beards becomes much softer and easy to shave. But ones shaving cream dries out while you’re still shaving, make it soft by using some warm water, just sprinkle the water over the cream, it will dissolve instantly.
- Check your grain and shave towards it not against the grain: – I talked about this when we were learning how to wet shave with a razor, but still you need to shave towards your grain even when you’re using an electric shaver. Your grain is the direction to which your hair grows too, this scan easily be spotted by use of a brush. When you brush your beard / hair, the direction to which everything flows smoothly is your grain. When you shave against your grain, you will irritate your skin and end up with razor bumps or ingrown hairs.
- Start Wet Shaving:- Don’t take too long to get a close shave, your purpose is to have a cleat face within the next two minutes, so, I don’t want to waste too much of your time. End results will depend on the quality of electric shaver you’re using, shaving cream might not count a lot, even normal soap can work, but the quality of the shaver plays a big role. We have both foils and rotary shavers, foil shavers have inner blades and in most cases they feature between 2 – 5 blades, yet rotary shavers have outer blades and they shave in a circular form, results might differ but choose what is good and affordable to you.
- Check Battery of the shaver: – Some good electric shavers can give you 45 – 50 minutes of cordless shaving, and that means you will shave non-stop without plugging the shaver into power. But when you use that particular shaver for like 5 times without charging it, its battery will go down and that will affect its performance, so it’s better you check the level of the battery via its digital screen. However, not all electric shavers (cheap ones) have these digital screens.
- Wash your face with cold water:- After getting a close shave, wash off that shaving cream with cold water, this helps to close skin pores and prevents germs from finding their way into your skin.
- Wash the shaver: – Most advanced electric shavers come with self cleaning systems, but if the one you have doesn’t have this system, clean it buy running tap water over it as you see in the image above. Once its clean, put it in an open space so that it dries out very well and then keep it safe, away from moisture and dirt, ready for next use.
- Finish with Aftershave:- You can use that regular after shave / splash, it calms down the skin after shaving, but apply it after washing and drying your face with a clean cotton face towel.
- Enjoy the results:
THINGS YOU NEED:
- Wet & Dry Electric shaver
- Shaving cream
- Badger Brush
- Warm Water
- Clean cotton face towel
- Cold Water
- After shave