Leica Lino L2P5 Self Leveling Combination Cross Line and Dot Laser Review
The Leica Lino L2P5 Self Leveling Combination Cross Line and Dot Laser offers you the advantages of cross line lasers and dot lasers all in just this one tool. It projects two lines and four dots positioned at right angles to each other so it is perfectly prepared to accomplish all your leveling and alignments tasks. It features the 180 degree fan horizontal and vertical angles along with the 90 degree angle for the excellent results on all floor to ceiling tasks. It can nicely layout a whole room while letting you know if you have made any lines that are out of level by stopping the dot line mode or blinking in the line mode. It is also designed with a pendulum lock which is meant to protect the tool from getting damaged and green visibility option for crystal clear and super bright visibility. You can easily adjust your laser to a perfect working height whether it is the 180 degree angle or the 360 degree with the help of tripod. With the kind of versatility it offers you will definitely enjoy this Leica Lino L2P5 Self Leveling laser.
What we like:
- Lines or points choice; it is always fun using a tool that allows offers you options to satisfy your needs and the Lino L2P5 is just one of those lasers made to suit your personal needs. It provides you with lines and points so you can choose whichever you feel like using depending on which tasks you are doing. It is very easy to select either points or lines or better yet combine both. It will all be up to you to choose what you feel works best for you.
- Green visibility choice; for crystal clear and highly visible lines, this L2P5 is the perfect laser to go in for since it uses green visibility lines and as we all know, green is up to four times more visible to the human eye compared to red.
- Self leveling pendulum; the Leica L2P5 is a self leveling laser which prevents you from making any inaccurate measurements. It quickly alerts you in case any of the lines you make is out of level. There are two ways in which it lets you know of any out of range lines, first it will disable the dot line mode or alternatively blink in the line mode.
- Lock pendulum; the pendulum lock which this Leica Lino L2P5 laser has is important for mainly two things, one being that it helps you keep the laser locked to that particular angle that you would like to use. Secondly the pendulum lock helps you to keep inner parts of the tool protected from damage in case it falls down. Therefore whenever the tool is not being used it is very wise to keep the pendulum locked then you can unlock it the next time you are in need of a level line.
- Laser receiver compatible; this laser allows you to extend its range to two times as much using an RVL 100 laser receiver. You can also use the RVL 80 laser receiver so as to increase this laser’s visibility range. Most indoor lasers are limited to a shorter range so they need you to use a receiver to make your easier if you are working on a larger job scale or working from outdoors. The mere fact that this laser is compatible to a laser receiver makes it more flexible and dependable in various situations.
- Square & 90 degree cross line level; for whichever leveling job you have to do, the L2P5 will be a perfect choice for you to make since it uses both vertical and horizontal lines jointly top offer you the perfect 90 degree angle and hence help you to make more accurate measurements. With this angle there is a wide variety of tasks that you can accomplish such as laying out ceiling grids, laying tiles both on the wall and floors among so many others
- 180 degree fan angle; quite different from all the other lasers, the Lino L2P5 laser makes your job less tiring but as efficient as possible. If features the 180 degree fan angle which verifies the tool’s coverage at any given angle therefore reducing on the number of times with which you have to reset the laser. During your tasks you will waste less time reason being you don’t have to over repeatedly reset the tool.
- 1/16inch accuracy and 16 inches; the Leica Lino L2P5 is designed by the most efficient professionals and well experienced technicians to laser making which guaranteed this laser’s accuracy. It is made with exceptional precision bearings reach the perfect level at 16 inches with in 1/16 of an inch. This way this self leveling pendulum offers not just accurate but very precise and reliable results every other time.
- 1P54 rated; a higher IP rating simply means that the tool has greater resistance to water and dust, the Leica Lino L2P5 Self Leveling laser features a very sturdy design with IP54 rating of splash and dust proof resistance together with a rugged body which makes it ideal for any job site.
What we don’t like:
- Plastic battery cover; we have complaints about the cover of this laser’s battery compartment, it is made of thin and weak plastic material which puts your tool at a great risk of getting damaged. The battery should have been designed with much better quality because this is a delicate tool that needs to be well protected.
Combining the advantages of line lasers and dot lasers in just this one tool is what has made the Leica Lino L2P5 Self Leveling laser one of the most outstanding lasers on the market lately. With its green visibility which is up to four times brighter, this tool is an excellent choice for several alignment and leveling tasks. It also has the ability to prevent you from making wrong measurements since it is a self leveling pendulum that indicates whenever any line is made out of level.