Treadmill Reviews 2017
Octane Fitness Zr7 Zero Runner Review
The Octane Fitness ZR7 is a unique zero-impact and cardio-trainer that provides the user with a more natural and smooth running-stride that replicates real running with zero-impact on your joints. In fact, this fitness-machine facilitates for zero-impact running because its equipped with independent-pedals which suspend your body while engaging your core so that your feet never the ground hence completely eliminating impact and body-stress. On the other hand, the elliptical footpath on this machine can naturally adjust in order to match the user’s gait-cycle up to 58-inches while the optional cross-training equipment facilitate for upper-body exercises and standard lower-body workout. All in all, the Octane Fitness ZR7 Zero Runner supports walking, jogging, simulated-climbing and other cardio-workouts without straining any sensitive joints and muscles within your body.
- What Is The Best Treadmill – Detailed Review
- Best Treadmill Alternatives
- OctaneZR8 Zero Runner Review
What We Like:
- Zero-Impact Workout: the Octane Fitness-ZR7 features innovative hip and knee joints which enable the user to walk, jog or run with strides of up to 58-inches wide without causing any body-impact. In fact, these independent-pedals suspend your entire body and engage your core-muscles so that your feet never hit with the ground while working-out.
- Glute-Activation: with the Octane Fitness-ZR7, you can fully engage your glute and hamstrings in order to ensure better performance and to achieve that runner’s-body that you have been seeking.
- Self-Powered: the Octane Fitness ZR7 Zero-runner is actually self-powered and it doesn’t even contain drive-motor. In fact, this fitness-machine is ultra-quiet and this means that it will enable you to train at home without distracting anyone around you while saving on energy-costs. All in all, because the Zero-Runner doesn’t need to be plugged into power to operate, you can place it anywhere within your home or at the gym and then start having your workout.
- A Heart Rate Monitor: This fitness-machine is also equipped with a wireless heart-rate technology which uses Polar, ANT+ and Bluetooth. In fact, the Octane Fitness ZR7 comes with a Polar heart-rate strap which enables the user to wirelessly monitor his/her heart-rate zone. On top of that, this fitness-machine even features digital heart-rate sensors which are placed onto the stationary handlebars and these ensure quick and easy heart-rate monitoring when having a workout.
- Quiet-Operation: The Octane Fitness ZR7 Zero-Runner doesn’t contain a drive-motor and this actually makes it whisper-quiet so that you can always enjoy workouts without disturbing other people within your home.
- SmartLink-App: Available on iTunes, the SmartLink-app helps to develop customized training-regimens based on your specific fitness-goals, endurance, strength or active-recovery. In fact, this App even tracks your workouts so that you can see or monitor your progress.
- Stride-Tracing: you will actually be able to monitor the health of your stride using the unique stride-tracing-technology on SmartLink while having a workout on the Octane Fitness-ZR7. In fact, with this technology you will be able to notice how your stride-length changes as you fatigue and with a constant eye onto your stride you can easily adjust your form in order to achieve a more consistent workout throughout.
- Cross-Circuit: The cross-circuit program actually combines cardio and strength intervals into one workout in order to better conditioning and faster-results. However, this program requires you to download the SmartLink-app in order to get pre-designed workout-programs and video-demonstrations on strength-exercises, stretches and yoga-poses.
- An LCD Display-screen: With each workout-session, the Octane Fitness-ZR7 Zero Runner provides the user with a gait-analysis along with the heart-rate, distance-covered and other key-statistics which are all display onto its nice-looking LCD screen. This means that you will be able to monitor your workout routine in order to meets your fitness-goals in the shortest time possible.
- A Personalized Natural-Stride: the Octane Fitness-ZR7 features bionic-legs which enable you to replicate your personal stride-path while the hip and knee pivots facilitate for total-flexibility when switching from a light ski-like motion to full or high-energy strides.
- Bluetooth-enabled: the Octane Fitness ZR7 Zero-runner is Bluetooth-enabled and this actually helps the user to connect to various workout-programs and it’s also very essential when it comes to data-tracking.
- CROSS CiRCUIT Powerband-Kit: With CROSS-CiRCUIT and Powerband-Kit, you will be able to get a variety of workouts and even intensify on your Cross-Circuit workouts. This kit actually contains an extra-set of adjustable-handles and 3 additional sets-of-Powerbands.
- An Adjustable Polar Chest-Strap: you will actually get more out of your workout when using the Polar non-coded chest strap for wireless heart-rate monitoring. In fact, the Polar chest-strap provides real-time readouts of the heart-rate and even allows for more accurate calorie-burn tracking. This chest-strap is actually included with the fitness-machine which is an added advantage for most people.
- Zero-Runner CROSS CiRCUIT Kit: with this kit you will be able to take your CROSS-CiRCUIT experience to the next-level by simply combining running on a Zero-Runner machine with strength-training intervals. In fact, with the PowerBlock adjustable-weights runners will be able to focus on improving strength and core-stability hence boosting overall performance. The circuit-kit includes; mounted weight-stands and 32-lbs. adjustable PowerBlock-weights.
- Transport wheels: the Octane Fitness-ZR7 Zero Runner features 2 inbuilt transportation-wheels which enable the user to easily move on the fitness-machine from one location to another in-between uses.
What We Don’t Like:
- It’s expensive: the Octane Fitness-ZR7 Zero Runner actually costs more than any standard cardio-trainer on the market and this implies that some people may not be able to afford this fitness-machine for home-use.
- It doesn’t fold-up: the Octane Fitness ZR7 doesn’t fold-up in order to ensure easy storage. This means that people living in homes with limited space may not have enough space to store this fitness-machine. However, this fitness-machine features a small-footprint but it still can’t compete with machines with a foldable-design.
In conclusion, the Octane Fitness ZR7 is a great fitness-machine for simulating a more natural running, jogging and walking experience while ensuring zero-impact. In fact, this fitness-machine features a small-footprint, it ensures cordless-operation, offers several workouts and even features transportation-wheels in order to ensure convenient and effective use at home or gym. So, if you have been looking for a multi-functional fitness-machine which can operate as a stair climber, elliptical and treadmill, then just consider buying the Octane Fitness ZR7 Zero-Runner.