Panasonic ES-LV95-S Arc5 Wet-Dry Shaver Review – Shaver for Sensitve Skins
I’m sure you have been searching for the best Panasonic electric shaver on the market. One that can give you the closest shave like that of a straight razor / manual razor. This Arc5 5-Blade shaver will offer you maximum comfort and it will leave you with a very smooth close shave. You can use it dry or wet in the shower. It has a very good pick-up time so you don’t have to wait for long to start shaving.
If you’re still skeptical and hesitant to press the buy button, I will take you through a series of features and benefits of using this ES-LV95-S Arc5 electric shaver. Even though the head is still big just like other models the performance is good.
[HISTORY] For years, Panasonic has been crafting foil shavers, but their most successful brands include: ‘Panasonic ES-LV95-S Arc5 / Panasonic ES LV81-K arc5 and Panasonic ES-LV65-S 5”, however, when I looked at the costs of those three most popular Panasonic shavers, I discovered that none of them was below $80 that means people are actually willing to pay for a high quality product. To put that aside, ES-LV95-S Arc5 Wet/Dry Shaver has some great features, let’s look at them below:
If you’re searching for the most rated electric shaver on the market, look no further because Panasonic ES-LV95-S Arc5 tops the list. It is the most rated electric shaver ever made by Panasonic, it’s a foil shaver so it competes with other top models like Braun 799cc. Basing on its features and ergonomic design, this shaver deserves a 4.7 / 5 rating (97% customer satisfaction). In my opinion, this is the Best Electric Shaver for Sensitive Skins because it has all the features you need to get a real close shave and its micro-thin foils will instantly capture and shave hair / beards without pulling or irritating your skin. Panasonic ES-LV95-S uses 5 blades which move at 14,000 RPM (rounds per minute) leaving no beard / hair on your skin. Its price has been slashed down from $499 and now it on a discount price. So if you want to buy it as a gift for your father or you want to get it for yourself, this is the right time to buy it.
This time Panasonic has revised the shape of Arc5 shavers. We all know that they have 5 blades so the head is always big because it has to accommodate the 5 blades. This model features a sleek design, the head is still big but it’s just perfect. It’s not has huge as ES-LV61-A ‘s shaving head and I give Panasonic a credit for this new design. The handle has been revised, it’s curvy but sleek, not too big and this gives the shaver a perfect balance. But still the pop-up trimmer is found at the back of the shaving head. After using this shaver, turn-on a travel lock to prevent the shaver from turning on its self when you’re traveling. This feature protects the battery and it extends the batteries life hence saving you lots of cash because the shaver’s batteries are not replaceable. The LCD display found below the travel lock at the front will always display data about your batteries status, part replacement and cleaning info. This shaver comes with an automatic cleaning system which you can use to automatically clean the shaver, lubricate blades and keep it new all the time.
- Replacement Foil – WES9173P
- Replacement Blade –WES9170P
- Replacement Set – WES9032P
- Detergent – WES4L03
- Best electric shaver for sensitive skins: I have used both rotary shavers and foil shavers but I have to say foil shavers are the best when it comes to shaving sensitive skins. A rotary shaver is designed to shave in circular motion so it will tickle your skin causing irritation yet a foil shaver shaves in an upward & downward motion. Blades are hidden beneath the foil so there is no direct contact with the skin. This model has micro-thin foils which capture hair and expose it to inner sharp blades for cutting. Since the foils are micro-thin, your skin will be left with a very close smooth shave. Another essential feature for men with sensitive skins is an active built-in sensor which automatically detects the type of beard you have and adjust the speed of the shaver to offer you with better results. This sensor prevents you from using too much pressure when shaving hence protecting your skin.
- Sleek and masculine design:- I’m a guy who wants masculine things, even the car I drive is masculine. I own a Braun 790cc which was given to me as a gift on my 35th birthday, I love this shaver but this time I wanted a change because I have used it for 2 years and using the same gadget all the time feels boring. So I did not ditch my Braun because its not cool, actually it shaves really close and clean. I have just bought ES-LV95-S Arc5 shaver at a discount price on Amazon. Before it was very expensive ($499) so I gave it time and now it has been slashed down by $200. It is still expensive but its price tag is not scary as it was before. Now its 2 weeks and I love this shaver, it has a sleek design and a masculine body, it fits very well in my hands and the rubberized handle gives it a better grip. The head is somehow big but well built.
- Durable: – I would rather spend my money on a premium shaver which delivers good results for a longer period of time than using a cheap shaver which can’t shave as close as a manual razor. Good news is that the price of this model has been reduced so you will not be like the first customers who spent $499. Leaving the price issue on the side, you can use this shaver for over 5 years without getting any trouble. However, you need to replace blades & foil every after 18 months and that is almost 2 years. The shaver comes with an auto clean system which lubricates blades, renews the systems and cleans it well so that it can offer you with the same results every time you use it.
- Automatic shaving speed adjustment:- Sensor detects the nature of beard and it commands the shaver to adjust its speed basing on the nature of the beard. For example, if the beard is too thick, the shaver will increase on its motor speed hence be able to shave a thick beard in a few minutes.
- Good on ingrown hairs: – If you have been suffering from ingrown hairs, it is time to stop using that shaving tool and opt for a skin friendly shaver. When a shaver cuts / pulls hair under the skin, that hair has to grow back, but on its way it will find an obstacle and it will try to push that skin hence causing an ingrown hair. The experience is irritating and shaving ingrown hair is not easy. The sensor technology will sense those ingrown hairs and reduce the shavers speed but lift and cut them gently without causing too much pain. Please always wet shave and apply after shave to prevent skin irritations.
- Quick Charge / Quick shave option:- If you get caught up by time in the morning and you forgot to charge your shaver late at night, don’t worry because this shaver can give you 1-5 shaves in a 3 – 5 minutes charge. So the best thing you can do is to leave it on charge as you shower, once you’re done with showering, un-plug the shaver and start shaving. It has a very fast motor (14,000 CPM) so you will get a quick close shave. When you come back from work, make sure you charge it fully because those small quick charges can damage the shaver’s battery and it is not replaceable.
- Charges with Cord & station:- In most cases when a shaver comes with a charging station, you don’t get the option to charge it with a cord and that affects the usability of that shaver. On the other hand, Panasonic ES-LV95-s comes with an independent AC recharger which you can use to charge the shaver. So you don’t have to travel with the charge station, its bulky and difficult to travel with.
- Very easy to clean:- We have already seen that our Panasonic ES-LV95-s comes with a cleaning system which cleans the shaver in minutes and at the same time lubricates & sharpens the blades. Now that is just 1 way of cleaning this shaver. Since the cleaning system requires you to invest in cleaning cartridge, you can save money by cleaning the shaver with soap, water and brush. If residue / shaved hair become stubborn, you can switch the shaver to a sonic vibration mode and remove clogged hair & shaving cream in the shavers head. The sonic vibration mode makes the shavers head shake at a speed of 17,000 RPM hence leaving no hair / shaving cream in the shavers head.
- Works with shaving gel / cream:- You can achieve maximum closeness and comfort with wet shaving. When you apply shaving cream / gel on your beards, they become soft and very easy to shave. ES-LV95-S performs very well on wet shaving and it is very easy to clean so don’t worry about removing shaving cream / hair from the heads.
- Shave from the shower:- I enjoy shaving from the shower because I don’t have to be bothered with cleaning up the mess after shaving. The best way of doing this is to let water flow continuously while in the shower. You can either apply shaving cream or dry shave while in the shower, results will be the same. Wet shaving is basically for people with very sensitive skins though it is reported that it delivers the best results.
- Close and comfortable shave:- So far this is the best electric shaver on the market though it costs and arm and a leg. It has all necessary features to help you get the best shave in your life. It has a pivoting head which adjust to your facial contours to offer you the closest shave. At the same time, it also has Active Shaving Sensor which detects the thickness of beards and adjusts the shavers speed to give you the best results.
- Travel lock:- Electric shavers batteries are not replaceable is you have to find ways of prolonging the life span of your shavers battery. A travel lock will prevent your electric shaver from turning on its self when not in use. If your shaver switches on its self when not in use, the battery will get drained and finished and this will prompt you to charge the shaver every time you want to use it. Over charging your shaver reduces on the power of the battery and this can result into short life span of your shaver’s battery. Please, always remember to lock your electric shaver after using it.
- Long Lasting Cleaning Solution: – We have different brands which come with cleaning systems and solutions, but of them get done so quickly so you find yourself spending more money after buying a very expensive electric shaver. That can hurt and cause holes in your pockets; however, this model of Philips, its cleaning solution lasts for a long time which gives it a plus.
- Big Head: – Trust me, all electric shavers by Panasonic have wired blade heads, I just wonder why they do three blades instead of two like Braun. When I look at its head, my hands start feeling the weight, may be that weight helps in shaving thick beards.
- Louder than Braun:- This is caused by the 14,000 CPM. Braun 790cc makes only 10,000 cycles per minute so it takes long to shave a real thick beard. But this powerful Panasonic shaver does the job very fast though you have to bear with the noise produced by the motor.
- Cordless: – This Panasonic ES-LV95-S Arc5 Shaver is a cordless shaver which makes it easy to shave any time you want to. You don’t need to move with its charging cord all the time. If you always shave in the middle of the day while at work, you can charge it fully for only 1 hour and the battery will hold the power for at least 50 minutes of non-stop shaving. I guess that is enough time for every man to get a perfect & clean close shave while on the go.
- Perfect Design / Shape: – Majority of men purchase electric shavers basing on this factor. Even though the shaver might have the best features, if its design is not friendly / appealing, its demand will be low. On the other hand, this Panasonic ES-LV95-S Arc5 Shaver has a sleek & masculine design; you will have total control over the shaver. The LCD display at the front will show you the status of the battery and performance of the shaver. If the batter level goes down, plug it in power for at least one hour, it will be full and ready for any task.
- Pop-up trimmer:- This is a standard feature in all Panasonic shavers. You can use it to trim your mustache / side burn, so it saves you from the burden of using both a beard trimmer & an electric shaver at the same time. After getting a clean shave, you need to perfect your results, trim the edges of your beard and mustache using a pop-up trimmer.
- Portable and Ideal for Travel:- Men who always travel have less time for shaving, so they need a high end & portable electric razor like this Panasonic ES-LV95-S Arc5 Shaver. It has a very strong battery which charges fully within one hour, you can move your charger just in case you stop by the hotel, you can recharge the shaver and move on. However, its cordless feature makes able to shave even when on a plane / train. But I’m not sure if they allow using an electric shaver on the plane.
- Ultra-thin Nanotech blades: – When it comes to shavers, the thinner the blades the better the performance. When blades are ultra thin and sharp, the shaver will be in position to pass through any thick beard of any type, so you don’t have to worry about the type of beard you have, this new Panasonic ES-LV95-S Arc5 electric shaver will cut through it without having any single trouble.
- Shaving Sensor:- This new Panasonic electric shaver comes with a built in shaving sensor which detects beard length and thickness as the shaver maneuvers over your jaws / neck. This technology makes sure no hair is left unshaven and it guarantees that you get a clean close shave.
- Flexible Micro-Foil Patterns: By default, foils shavers are the best electric shavers to use because their blades are hidden beneath the foils, so there is no direct interaction with your skin which makes them ideal for sensitive skins. This Panasonic ES-LV95-S Arc5 shaver features micro-thin foils which captures every single hair / beard and expose it to blades to be cut.
- 14,000 CPM Linear Motor: Now you are wondering!!!! How does this feature can be of great benefit? I’m sure you don’t want to spend more than 15 minutes getting a close shave, this is not a manual razor which you have to use at a less speed to avoid nicks and cuts, this is an advanced shaving machine, and it will clear your beards in no minutes simply because of its robust linear motor. You will get a smoother and cleaner shave quickly and everything will be done quietly.
- Wet/Dry Convenience: We all have different needs when it comes to shaving, some men prefer dry shaving and other like wet shaving. But owning an electric shaver which works in both situations, is better, because at one point you might decide to change and go for a wet / dry shaving, if the kind of shaver you have ie not dynamic, you might be left out, if not, you will need to buy a new wet shaver. On the other hand, if you want a wet shave, you have to use a high quality shaving gel / cream, this will help you prevent razor bumps / ingrown hairs.
- Clean and Charge Station: This Panasonic ES-LV95-S Arc5 wet / dry electric shaver is 100% washable, but you don’t have to run water over it via the tap. All you need to do is to clean it with its sonic vibration cleaning system. Put water in the cleaning system and deep the shaver in, let the machine to the rest. If you want your Panasonic ES-LV95-S Arc5 shaver to last for long, you have to clean it after shaving.
Panasonic ES-LV95-S vs. Braun 799cc
Before I go ahead with this comparison, I want to acknowledge both shavers. Braun 799cc is an advancement of 790cc so it supports both wet & dry shaving. We have already seen how nice Panasonic ES-LV95-S is but which if of these two models wins the battle of the finest shaver of all time.
- Good on short stubble:- This is a very tricky type of hair to shave, many shavers hassle to shave short stubble but Braun 799cc and ES-LV95-S do some pretty job; however, Panasonic ES-LV95-S seems to be the best at shaving short stubble. When you use Braun 799cc, you will need to make more than one pass to get good results yet Panasonic ES-LV95-S automatically detects that nature of beards its dealing with, it adjusts its blades, the micro-thin foil lifts and captures the short beards and expose them to inner blades for cutting. This small test proves that Panasonic ES-LV95-S performs better than Braun 799cc.
- Sound:- When it comes to sound, Braun 799cc wins, it is a very quiet shaver compared to Panasonic ES-LV95-S. I think I can explain the reason why Panasonic is noisy yet Braun does its job silently. This has to be caused by the motor drive power of Panasonic. Braun’s motor drive vibrates at 10,000 CPM (cycles per minute) yet that of Panasonic vibrates at (14,000 CPM). So we have a difference of 4000. But the noise produced by Panasonic is not that irritation; actually it is a reasonable noise not like that of my wife’s hair blower.
- Shaving Time:- Now this is where things get interesting, the difference in motor drive speed gets into play and my favorite Braun 799cc fails the test. On an average beard, Braun 799cc performs really well, it actually shaves as fast as Panasonic ES-LV95-S. But when you try Braun 799cc on a very thick beard, you will need to make more than one pass in certain areas yet Panasonic ES-LV95-S will clear a thick / dense beard on instant. Shaving technology in these to shavers differs. Braun has a pulsonic shaving system which captures flat-laying hair, long hair and short hair for instant shaving but its motor speed is very slow compared to that of Panasonic ES-LV95-S so Braun’s blades don’t move at a very fast speed. On the other hand Panasonic ES-LV95-S has an Active Shaving Sensor which detects the difference in beard density on cheeks, neck and jaw. ES-LV95-S increases its speed when it gets to thick beards and reduces it when it gets to fine beards. The ability to sense beard density and adjust shaving speed makes Panasonic ES-LV95-S the winner of this battle.
WHO NEEDS THIS SHAVER:
- Men with sensitive skins:- We all know that Braun series 7(799) is highly rated as the best electric wet & dry shaver for sensitive skins, but this Panasonic Arc 5(ES-LV95) seems to compete with Braun head on head. Both brands and models are good, but it’s always better to have more than one option just in case something strange happens, so if your Braun breaks down, look no further, grab this Panasonic Arc 5(ES-LV95) and experience the best close & clean shave of your life.
- Beginners:- If this is your first time to shave with an electric shaver, don’t waste your money on machines which don’t work, most of them take long to charge and their batteries don’t hold power for long. May be the other thing you have to note is the design and simplicity of using a particular shaver. This Panasonic Arc 5(ES-LV95) has a very nice design, it;s sleek enough and its weight is just okay.
- Shaving head:- I will not advice you to shave your head using electric shavers because clippers & head shavers can do that job, but if you’re in a very tight situation, you can use this Panasonic Arc 5(ES-LV95) shaver to shave your head. It will help you get a smooth & clean bald head.
- Made in Japan: – Even though most electric shavers are made from China, this brand is made in Japan and that give it a plus and that explains why you pay extra dollars for this particular model. Each and every single section has been crafted with care
- One hour charging time: – When I speak of quality, I don’t want to focus on design and the ultra thin blades only, but I would also like to consider the charging time of this machine. Most low cost electric shavers can take 5 – 10 hours to charge fully, but at the same time, they can even give you a consistent shave for more than 30 minutes. However, when you buy this premium shaving tool, you will get every single benefit of using high quality shavers and some of them you won’t notice them. Time is a very crucial factor in our daily life, so you have to use a shaving machine saves time, it has to charge very first and at the same time work in a cordless mode for quite long.
I grade product performance using two factors, ” Product Rating & Customer Reviews”, I know you would expect me to talk about how good the shaver is when it comes to close shaving, we have already covered that in product features, and the only way we can tell its performance is by use of statistics provided by Amazon.
- Product Rating: –8 out of 10 customers have liked the performance of this electric shaver. These rating are accurate but they might change with time, so you can use product link source above and see latest ratings. In my opinion. The 4.8 star rating is very good for a highly priced product, who ever spent that money was pleased by the results and overall performance of this Panasonic ES-LV95-S Arc5 shaver.
- Review: – As of 08 / 12 / 2014, the product had only 18 reviews; I’m not shocked by this number, because it costs an arm and a leg. Hope they grow with time.
- Panasonic Special Detergent for ES-LV95 :- This will help you clean the shaver and its charging system.
- Panasonic ES-LV95 Men’s Razor Replacement Inner Blade: It is good to be have some extra blades just in cae the ones that come with this shaver get damaged. Though it might take you like 18 months to replace electric shaver blades.