Philips Norelco BG2030 BodyGroom Review – vs BG2040
Can I say this is a battle of the finest, because both Philips Norelco BG2030 & Philips Norelco BG2040/34 Body groom are high end body groomers, BG2040/34 has ranked as the best selling body groomer on Amazon and BG2030 still ranks as the best premium body grommet for men.
So one of them is sold the most and the other is ranked as premium, what is the difference between these two big boys, who really offers the best results????…yaaaaa. Those are the questions running in my head right now. I have to put off my shirt as I’m writing this review, because it is not an easy one and I promise to dig deep until we vote for the best. I will give you my final verdict, but still as a consumer, you can make yours, if you already own one of these, please tell us its performance using the commenting box below. Shirt off….let me start the comparison.
- Philips Norelco BG2040/34 Bodygroom 7100 Review
- Philips Norelco BG2020 BodyGroom Review
- Philips Norelco BG2028/42 Bodygroom 3100 Review
- Philips Norelco PT730/46 Shaver 3500 Review
- Philips Norelco AT810-46 Electric Shaver Review
PHILIPS NORELCO BG2030 FEATURES:
- High performance trimmer
- 5 integrated length settings up to 11mm
- LED light for battery level indication
- Very fast extra-large trimming comb
- Extra-sensitive trimming comb
- Hypoallergenic shaving foil
- Water Resistant ( Wet & Dry)
- Advanced Attachments
Philips Norelco BG2030 BodyGroom vs BG2040/34
In this review, I will compare both Norelco BG2030 & Norelco BG2040, but I will cover similarities of these two Norelco’s and then cover their differences, at least this will give us a clear picture on what to buy.
- Hypo-allergenic shaving foils:- Both models have hypoallergenic shaving foils which are friendly to any type of skin. According to research, some skins react bad when they get in contact with metal objects especially those made out of steel / gold. But Norelco though of that and made shaving foils for both BG2030 & BG2040 no sensitive to any skin, this features makes these two body groomers every man’s choice.
- Round chromium stainless steel blades:- Sharp pointed blades can nick / cut your skin, so Norelco has equipped both BG2030 & BG2040 with round blades which prevents scratching and nicking of your skin when shaving. You don’t have to worry about getting a close shave. These blades are tailored to cut through any thick course hair and you don’t have to do any maintenance on them, the machines will re-sharpen them every time you shave.
- Cordless & Rechargeable: Both Norelco BG2030 & BG2040 are rechargeable and cordless. Unfortunately, you can’t use them when plugged into power; you have to wait until the battery is fully charged. Good news is that both models will charge fully within 1 hour and you will get 45 minutes of nonstop shaving. The other good thing is that you can change the battery, unscrew the back of the shaver, you will find AAA NIMH cells, these can be replaced with the same batteries or Sanyo Eneloop AAA cells. You don’t have to worry about voltage, both models use 120 – 240 V, so it does not matter where you leave, these two body groomers will work for you.
- Maintenance-free:- You don’t have to worry about sharpening blades or oiling any of these two models. I have already said that their blades are self sharpening so every time you shave, you will get the closest shave.
- Wet & Dry:- Majority of men prefer shaving while in the shower, so all they need is a body groomer which works in both wet & dry conditions. If you want to shave the all body, you need to take a full body shower, but I suggest you use warm water, it will open up skin pores and at the same time make your hair very soft and easy to shave.
- Smooth Foil Shaving Heads:- Both models feature foil shaving heads which will maneuver over your body / skin, capture every single hair, expose it to inner blades for cutting without irritating your skin. The size and width of shaving heads is good enough, it covers a very wide area and they also have rounded blades which work as trimmers. So you can use any of these two body groomers to trim edges of your beard / mustache.
- Ergonomic design:- These two Norelco body groomers have different ergonomic designs but each design is perfect for your hand, be it small / big hands. The design of any grooming tool contributes to its performance and user friendliness.
- Store-and-charge stand: – For safety purposes, you should store and charge both BG2030 & BG2040 using a store and charge stand. The design of BG2030 charge stand is a little bit modern compared to that of BG2040, but still, they both do the same job.
- Dual-sided design :- Norelco BG2040/34 body groomer can be used from both ends, the top features a foil shaver while the bottom features a built-in trimmer which can be used to trim your body hair or beards. This clearly explains why BG2040/34 is the best selling body groomer, your money will be well spent and you will get the best results. On the other hand, BG2030 has only one shaving end, you have to manually attach a trimmer which can be adjusted to 5 levels.
- Built-in trimming comb:- When using BG2040, you don’t have to attach a beard / hair trimmer, because this model has a built-in trimmer which be adjusted as you want to get a custom shave. Yet BG2030 requires you to attach the trimmer on the head shaver manually. I’m sure results are the same, but too much time will be wasted attaching accessories.
- LED light for battery level indication: – This feature is found on Norelco BG2030, its role is to indicate when the battery is low or full. You might take this feature as a minor one, but it helps you charge the shaver when the battery runs low, saving you early morning disappointments. On the other hand, BG2040/34 does not have this feature, so there is a possibility of not knowing if it’s fully charged or not.
- Extra-Large XL trimmer:- We have already seen that BG2040/34 comes with a built-in trimmer, it’s not a bad idea and it works pretty fine. However, BG2030 features an extra large trimmer; this type of trimmer can pass through any thick long body hair making it the best body groomer for men with long thick body hair.
- Extra sensitive shaving combs:- When it comes too customizing a shave, you need reliable, durable and skin friendly shaving combs. These combs are attached on the body groomer, they always vary in sizes. BG2030 has durable smooth and skin friendly shaving combs, they’re extra sensitive.
After comparing both Norelco body groomers, I will truthfully tell you that I will put my cash on BG2040/34, It’s a multipurpose body groomer and it comes at an affordable price. To some extent, I would have considered BG2030, but it’s pricing does not seem right to me and there is a lot of manual work required.
WHAT IS THE BOX?
If you make your order today, Amazon will deliver the product within the next 24 hours, however, the box will contain the following items:
- Norelco BG2030 body groomer
- 1 Extra sensitive trimming comb ( men with very sensitive skins, this is the right bodygroomer for you, relax and enjoy a comfortable shave)
- 1 Extra large trimming comb
- Trimming attachment ( this extra large trimming comb has 5 adjustments, if you want a short stubble, you set it to 11mm)
- Shaving attachment
- Charge stand (never run out of power, charge your groomer fully and get 45 minutes of cordless shaving)
- Cleaning brush (after shaving long hair, you need to clean the head and shaving combs of your body groomer, use this cleaning brush for that job, however, accompany it with running water, this will simplify the all cleaning process)