Best Electric Shaver Reviews
Philips Norelco QC5550 Do-It-Yourself Head-groomer Review
There are many reasons why you may want shave head but when you decide to shave, its best to consider an electric-groomer like the Philips Norelco QC5550 Head-groomer because it designed to provide a perfect head-grooming experience. This groomer comes with a full range of length-settings that enable someone to shave at different lengths plus a clean-shave attachment that enables one to achieve a bald look.
Additionally, this electric-shaver has a 180-degree rotating head that is capable of following all the contours on the head. All in all, the Philips Norelco QC5550 Head-groomer will let any man shave or trim his hair without using any help including hard-to-reach areas like behind the head.
- This electric-groomer features an ergonomic design that makes it very easy to handle while trimming your head. It even has a 180-degree rotating head that can follow all the contours on the head.
- The Philips Norelco QC5550 also offers a smooth and precise shave because it comes with a balder attachment which is even very easy to use.
- It offers several trimming lengths because it comes with an adjustable zoom ring which even makes it easy to select and lock-in the chosen length.
- Lastly, this groomer has a powerful lithium-ion battery which charges for only hour in order to offer a 60-minute cordless shave. Additionally, this groomer is fully washable in order to facilitate for easy cleaning.
- It makes a funny squeaking sound while shaving and this can be quite irritating for men who dislike noisy electric-shavers.
- This head-groomer may not give you a very close shave if not used correctly. Additionally this groomer is little painful while using it to trim longer hairs and this will make anyone feel a bit uncomfortable.
- Balder attachment: it features a balder-attachment that ensures a smooth and precise shave. This balder-attachment clips on and off easily and it even guarantees a smooth and comfortable shave without causing any nicks or cuts that are usually caused by blades.
- A 180-degree rotating head: the Philips Norelco QC5550 features a 180-degree rotating head that ensures a 100-percent reach including hard-to-reach areas. This head makes trimming or shaving your own head easier than ever before because it follows all the head contours. In fact, you simply have to select the right angle to comfortably reach all the parts on your head without using any help.
- An adjustable zoom-ring: it has an in-built adjustable zoom-ring which ensures easy selection from any length-setting. On the other hand, you can actually set your desired hair-length by simply turning the integrated zoom-ring. On top of that, the length-settings are even clearly visible on the side of the combs so that you can choose the perfect length.
- Contour-following combs: The 2D combs that come with the Philips Norelco QC5550 can gently follow all the contours on the head for a smooth, quick, comfortable and even hair-cut.
- Skin-friendly blades and combs: the blades and combs that are equipped on this groomer have rounded edges and this actually implies that this head-groomer was designed to avoid any scratching of the skin for a more comfortable trimming experience.
- A good lithium-ion battery: The lithium-Ion battery in this head-groomer can become fully charged in 1-hour yet it provides constant power for about 60-minutes while shaving cordless.
- Fully washable: this Philips head-groomer can be conveniently washed under the faucet for a quick and thorough cleaning routine. This is mainly because its 100-percent waterproof and will not get damaged if immersed into water.
- It comes with a hand-held mirror and storage-pouch: The hand-held mirror that comes with that Philips Norelco QC5550 provides extra visibility while trimming the back of your head. The soft storage-pouch enables the user to safely keep the groomer and the attachments all together and it even plays wonderful role while travelling.
- It features corded and cordless usage: For added flexibility and convenience this head-groomer can be used with or without the power cord depending on what you actually prefer.
- Battery charging indicator: the Philips Norelco-QC5550 is designed with a battery-indicator which flashes white to indicate that the battery is charging and turns constant when the battery becomes fully charged. This battery-indicator even flashes orange when the battery is running-low.
- Self-sharpening blades: this head trimmer features self-sharpening, stainless-steel blades that are capable of staying sharp longer while ensuring high cutting performance. These blades don’t even need oiling and this means that they are maintenance-free.
- It offers several cutting length-settings: this groomer offers a wide range of length settings from 1-mm to 15-mm. but this is only possible by using the precision-comb that offers lengths ranging between 1-mm to 3-mm or by using a regular-comb that ranges between 3mm to 15mm. with such a wide range of length-settings, someone is capable of cutting his own hair easily and accurately.
- Worldwide voltage support: the Philips Norelco QC5550 Head-groomer is actually worldwide voltage compatible and this implies that you can use it from any region around the around as long as you gain access to electricity.
The Philips Norelco QC5550 is a good quality head-groomer that will ensure that any man achieves a close and comfortable shaving experience. First of all, is ergonomically designed which and this makes it very easy to hold and use. The 180-degree rotating-head placed onto this head-groomer ensures an even and close trim because by following all the contours on the head while the balder -attachment facilitates for a smooth and precise shave.
Additionally, the adjustable zoom-ring placed onto this hair-trimmer enables someone to choose from any desired length-setting easily and even locks in the chosen setting in order for you to achieve an even and precise trim. The lithium-ion battery equipped into this trimmer is very strong and durable because it can only be charged for 1-hour in order to provide 60-minutes of cordless shaving. Additionally, someone can even trim with this head-groomer while it’s plugged into a power-source in case the battery is completely drained. Lastly, this head-groomer is 100-percent water-resistant and this means that it is fully washable for quick and easy cleaning. In conclusion, i highly recommend this head-groomer because it has all the features required to achieve a quality trim yet it is fairly priced.
Who does it benefit?
- Best for men looking for an affordable head-groomer: the Philips Norelco QC5550 Head-groomer is fairly priced compared to most head-trimmers. Although it is a bit cheap, this groomer actually offers wonder head-grooming experience because it comes with everything required to achieve one.
- This head-groomer works for men with sensitive skin and scalp: the Philips Norelco QC5550 comes with skin-friendly combs and blades that are actually very gentle to the skin and scalp while trimming head-hair. This is due to the rounded edges on these combs and blades that were designed to avoid scratching or irritation to the skin hence ensuring a more comfortable trimming experience.
What Else Do You Need?
- Philips Norelco CC5060 Kids-Clipper: this clipper will help to trim your kid’s hair because it’s designed for specifically that purpose. So, in case you have kids just acquire this great hair-clipper and you will see how it will offer them with a comfortable and wonderful shaving experience.
- Bee Bald Shave for Head and Face: this is actually an aftershave that is meant to work on both the face and head after shaving. This aftershave will greatly help to reduce on the effects caused by irritation while shaving and it even helps to soft and moisten the skin after shaving.