Troy-Bilt TB370 163cc 21-inch In Step RWD Self-Propelled Lawn Mower Review
The Troy-Bilt TB370 is a nice-looking, 163cc, 21-inch, In-step RWD self-propelled lawn-mower that has been equipped with some of the best features on the market today inorder to enable the user to achieve a more efficient and effective mowing routine. In fact, the In-step variable-speed-drive system helps to naturally adjust to your mowing-speed thus facilitating for precise speed-control while ensuring optimum traction over tough terrain. On the other hand, this lawn-mower is even equipped with a single-lever height adjuster which enables the user to easily lower and raise the cutting-height when mowing while the integrated 163cc Briggs & Stratton engine with a ReadyStart Choke-System facilitates for easy and quick startup without requiring any pulling. Additionally, the inbuilt 21-inch tri-action cutting-system facilitates for a clean and smooth cut in just one-pass while 3-ini-1 design of this lawn-mower makes it perfect for Side-discharge, Mulching and Rear-Bagging thus making it a perfect garden tool for use on home yards/compounds.
What We Like:
- Its Powered by a strong, 163cc Briggs & Stratton engine: the Troy-Bilt TB370 lawn-mower is equipped with an easy-to-start, 163cc Briggs & Stratton engine that will help to keep you mowing until the end. In fact, this 163cc Briggs & Stratton engine will provide the lawn-mower with ample power that is required to achieve quick and consistent grass-cutting regardless of the speed the lawn-mower is moving at or grass-length.
- An In-Step variable-speed-drive system: this lawn-mower features an In-Step variable-speed-drive system that automatically conforms to the speed at which you walk thus facilitating for precise-control, comfort and relaxation to both fast and slow walkers while mowing. Additionally, this variable-speed-drive system also offers exceptional-traction on different terrains thus making the lawn-mower perfect for use on wet and dry grass or even on slick-moss.
- A ReadyStart Choke-System: the Troy-Bilt TB370 is equipped with a ReadyStart Choke-System that requires no priming at startup and it’s only pulling the recoil-starter for at least once or twice that is required inorder to start-up the engine. This actually makes starting-up the lawn-mower very easy and quick thus making it perfect for use by both novice and advanced users.
- A single-lever height adjuster: With the Troy-Bilt TB370 lawn-mower, you can easily raise or lower the cutting-height using an integrated single-lever height-adjuster inorder to achieve a desired cutting-height. In fact, this height-adjuster features about 6 cutting-settings that range from 1.25-inches to 3.75-inches and this actually makes the lawn-mower perfect for achieving a desired and consistent grass-height while mowing.
- A 21″ tri-action cutting system: this lawn-mower also features a 21-inch, tri-action cutting-system that facilitates for a precise and clean cut in just one pass while mowing. In fact, this tri-action cutting-system even features 6 adjustable cutting-heights that range from 1.25-inches to 3.75-inches hence enabling the user to achieve a desired grass-height when mowing.
- A 3-in-1 Design: the Troy-Bilt TB370 features a 3-in-1 design and this means that is can be used for Side-Discharge, Mulching or Rear-Bagging. In fact, the versatile nature of this lawn-mower makes it perfect for use in homes with large yards/compounds and it can even be used commercially.
- Durable 8-inch front and 11-inch rear wheels: This lawn-mower is equipped with powerful and durable 8-inch front-wheels and 11-inch rear-wheels that facilitates for quick and easy maneuvering while mowing. In fact, alignment of these wheels is known as a high-wheel layout and it actually helps to give the lawn-mower more traction and a smoother ride compared to lawn-mowers with a low-wheel layout.
- Self-propelled lawn-mower: The Troy-Bilt TB370 is a rear-wheel-drive, self-propelled lawn mower that actually uses rear-wheels to move when mowing. In fact, the real-wheel-drive propulsion system facilitates for excellent and easy maneuverability of this lawn-mower even when working in tough terrains thus making the Troy-Bilt TB370 perfect for both commercial and home use.
- A great bushel grass-collection bag: this lawn-mower is equipped with a great bushel-grass-bag that features an awesome chute-design that helps to direct all the grass-clippings into the bag while mowing. In fact, this bushel-gag is very light-weight, durable and can easily be removed from the lawn-mower for clean-up after mowing.
- A Deck-wash: with the Troy-Bilt TB370, you just have to attach your garden-hose onto the deck-wash and then the lawn-mower will easily wash all the dirt and any grass-clippings out thus saving you a lot of energy and effort that you would have spent cleaning-up the lawn-mower. All in all, the deck-wash feature makes this lawn-mower very efficient and convenient to clean thus keeping it in a top-notch condition at all times.
- A 2-year limited warranty: the Troy-Bilt TB370 lawn-mower is actually backed by a 2-year limited warranty on all parts and this actually meant to protect the buyer in case something wrong happens to the lawn-mower within this period.
What We Don’t Like:
- It requires holding the speed-handle while mowing: the engine of this lawn-mower will actually stop in case you release the handlebar-bar when mowing and this means that you need to keep holding it until you complete mowing which is a bit tiresome. Additionally, the pressure on the speed adjustment-bar may change in case you hit a bump while mowing and this may actually speed-up or slow-down the lawn-mower which is not good.
- It’s a bit expensive: the Troy-Bilt TB370 lawn-mower is a bit expensive when compared to other lawn-mowers in it range but I think it’s worth the price-tag since it does a very nice mowing job.
Overall, the Troy-Bilt TB370 is one of the best 21-inch, In-Step, RWD Self-Propelled Lawn-Mowers on the market today and this mainly because its equipped with a powerful 163cc Briggs & Stratton engine coupled with a ReadyStart Choke System that requires no priming for quick and easy start-up of the lawn-mower. on the other hand, this lawn-mower features a 21″ tri-action cutting system that facilitates for precise and clean cut in just one pass while the integrated 6 cutting-height settings ranging from 1.25-inches to 3.75-inches enables you to achieve a desired grass trimming-height while mowing. Additionally, the 3-in-1 design of this lawn-mower makes it perfect for mulching, side-discharge and rear-bagging while the large bushel grass-bag facilitates for quick and easy collection of grass-clippings while mowing.