5 Best Air Purifiers 2018 – Detailed Review
Some people would resort to Natural Air Purifying Himalayan Natural Crystal Salt lamps to purify air in their homes but these lamps are not as effective and HEPA filters. I know you might want to save some money, but a Himalayan salt lamp can only emit a calming Amber color & releases negative ions into the air thus create an effect similar to an ionizer which purifies the surrounding air. On the other hand, modern air purifiers like Aero One & Whirlpool Whispure Air Purifier clean and disinfect air in your room and they are very safe to use as compared to salt bulbs. On this list, I have featured the best air purifying units from which you can choose from. But before we go any further with this detailed review, let us first go through a quick list of Top 5 rated air purifiers (2018).
OUR BEST CHOICES – 2017
- Aero One: One Solution for Air Disinfection and HEPA Purification – Check Price on Amazon**** – This is a Professional grade HEPA filtration and UV air disinfection purifier – It eliminates bacteria, viruses & fungi…..
- DREVAL – HEPA 0.01 micron Ionizer UV Light Air Purifier – Check Price on Amazon****Features a strong and Effecient HEPA Filter which eliminates 99.97% of airborne particles larger than 0.01 micron – ( The Humidifier function can increase air humidity)
- Rabbit Air MinusA2 SPA-700A Ultra-Quiet Air Purifier – Check Price on Amazon****Covers 700 Square feet and it is Ultra quiet with a stylish design – (Removes bad odor, Energy Star certified & wall-mountable
- Blueair 203 Slim HepaSilent Air-Purification System – Check Price on Amazon****It is small in size but very effective – covers a room of 240 sq feet. ( features a HEPASilent® filtration system which captures 99.97% of harmful particles down to 0.1 microns)
- Whirlpool Whispure Air Purifier, HEPA Air Cleaner, AP51030K – Check Price on Amazon****Clean Air Delivery Rate (CEDR) 315 (Filters air 4.8 times per hour ) – covers 500 square feet
- What Is The Best Space Heater
- What Is The Best Tankless Water Heater
- What Is The Best Ceiling Fan
- What Is The Best Air Conditioner
- What Is The Best Dehumidifier
- What Is The Best Portable Air Conditioner
- What Is The Best Steam Inhaler
- What Is The Best Vacuum Cleaner
- What Is The Best Cordless Vacuum
- What Is The Best Vacuum Cleaner for pet hair
- What Is The Best Carpert Cleaner
- What Is The Best Steam Mop
- What Is The Best Water Filter System
- What Is The Best Washing Machine
MAINTENANCE:– Yep, this is one of those crucial factors that you have to consider when shopping for these home/office appliances. Majority of them use filters to separate dirt & micro objects from the air you breathe. Now as time goes on, that filter will need cleaning or replacing. Opt for a model which requires less filter maintenance. Some good examples on this list include: …. Rabbit Air MinusA2 SPA-700A..& Alen BreatheSmart HEPA Air Purifier..these two models use HEPA filtration systems which require less maintenance.
WHAT TO LOOK FOR WHEN BUYING AN AIR PURIFIER:
When shopping for an air purifier for your office / home – it is very important to specify your needs because each of these appliances has a specific coverage. For example; If you have a small room / office, you can opt for a moderate model like ”Rabbit Air MinusA2” – it can fit very well on the desk of your office or just close to your sofa / bed. The main purpose of Air purifiers is to clean air that you breath. People with allergies, asthma and related health problems are recommended to have air purifiers in their homes. You can as well buy a portable model if you always travel long distances.
On the other hand, if you have a very large room ‘’for example Alen BreatheSmart HEPA Air Purifier – covers1100 sq feet’’ or opt for a model which can cover a wide area / buy two small air purifiers like ”GermGuardian AC4825” and position them accordingly in your room to ensure that you get the best results.
- NOISE LEVEL: – Since you plan to use these gadgets 24/7 – it is better you opt for a silent unit. Some units can make some noise at the start because that is when they capture most of the dust but after a few seconds, the unit will tune its self to a low setting mode which is very silent and effective. Those with turbo settings are noisy but should only be used when the dust is too much.
- ENERGY CONSUMPTION:- Opt for a model which is Energy start certified – these appliances are supposed to be used 24/7 so they have to be power friendly. You have to get cleaner air at a small fee.
- MAINTENANCE COSTS:- By default all air purifiers need maintenance. You have to clean / replace filters. But buy a model which has HEPA filters, these last for long (2-3 years). Also make sure that those filters are available on the market so that when the need arises, you can easily get one. The life span of air filters is determined by the quality of air being filtered and how many times the unit is being used. People who leave is dusty areas might replace filters more than those leaving in cleaner areas.
- COVERAGE AREA:- Opt for a model which covers a wide area – it should be in position to filter and clean air in a wide area. But if you have a small room, opt for a smaller unit like GermGuardian AC4825.
- NO OZONE GENERATION:- Beware of models which generate ozone pollution – these are harmful to your health especially when you have asthma & allergies
LIST OF 10 BEST AIR PURIFIERS ON THE MARKET – 2018
1. Aero One: One Solution for Air Disinfection and HEPA Purification
In position 1, we have Aero One: One Solution for Air Disinfection and HEPA Purification system. So far it is the most rated air purifier on the market. It is powered by Aerobiotix Technology which makes it different from other air purifiers. Aero One features a professional grade HEPA filtration system and a UV air disinfection which eliminates viruses, bacteria and fungi. So, if you want to have pure clean air in your home / office, this is the best product for you. Aero Ones internal reactor system combines 32 watts of ultraviolet light with a solid matrix of UV-transmissible lenses to effectively kill viruses & bacteria in the air you breathe. People with asthma and allergies, you will find this air purifier very ideal because 99.97% of the air in your room will be clean.
SO, HOW DOES AERO ONE KILL GERMS & BACTERIA?
A traditional air purifier uses a typical HEPA filtration system to purify air, however, it is limited to 0.3 um in size so pathogenic viruses and other small bacteria find can be trapped in the filter and they find their way in the air you breath. But when it comes to Aero One, it uses its Air disinfection system to disrupt DNA of microorganisms using radiation of the UVC spectrum to kill germs, viruses and bacteria. It also features a typical HEPA filtration system to purify air. So the end result will be good and better than what other purifiers can do. For this reason, majority of health care units have installed this unit and most people call it a Ferrari of air purifiers.
BENEFITS OF AERO ONE:
- GOOD FOR PEOPLE WITH ALLERGIES:-Helps people who suffer from allergies, asthma and related illness. It is a medical grade air purifier with a 3D-UV filtration system.
- CLEANS AIR & KILLS GERMS: as an air filtration system and at the same time as an air disinfection system. So not only will your air be clean, but it will also be bacteria / virus free. (99.7% clean)
- DESIGNED BY A PROFESSIONAL:- Aero One was designed by a former neurosurgeon and one understands clean air like a neurosurgeon.
- EFFICIENCY – Aero one cleans ”800-sq ft ” in just second. So you don’t have to wait for too long.
- VERY EASY TO OPERATE:- Much as it sounds like a complicated machine basing on its performance, Aero One is very easy to operate. It features one switch – does not have complicated & confusing displays that don’t help in purifying air you breath. Simply plug it in power and click on the switch – your air will be purified in a few minutes.
- MOBILE:- Not only is Aero One effective, it is also mobile. Its metallic frame sits on ball bearing lined wheels which make the unit portable and very easy to move to different rooms to provide cleaner air any time it is needed.
- TESTED AND PROVEN:- Aero One has been tested at the Research Triangle Institute and it showed that it could eliminate 99% or more of viruses, bacteria, mold and spores in less than a minute. It is proudly made in the USA so quality is no issue.
- Operates at 200 CFM
- Cleans up to 800 square feet
- Low noise – 42 dB
- All steel construction
- HEPA post-filter 99.97% efficiency
- Two stage prefilter (also has an odor absorbing carbon layer which gets rid of pet urine odor and other related odors) – always change filters after 6 months
- Small / compact size (25in. tall, 15in. deep, and 12.5in. wide)
- Ball-bearing casters
- Two 16W ultraviolet sources
- No ozone generation
- LED indicator
- 115 volt AC, 60 hertz, 5 ampere operation
- Excellent build quality
2. DREVAL – HEPA 0.01 micron Ionizer UV Light Air Purifier
In position 2, we have DREVAL HEPA 0.01 micron Ionizer UV Light Air Purifier Cleaner Humidifier. It also uses both a HEPA filtration system to eliminate 99.97% of airborne particles that are larger than 0.01 micron and a UV Ultraviolet Sterilizer Light which uses 245nm ultraviolet light to destroy germs and bacteria found in the air you breath.
WHAT IT DOES?
- Removes viruses in the air you breath using its UV Ultraviolet Sterilizer Light.
- Filters and removes bacteria using a bactericidal filter screen
- Enhances your immunity by providing you with cleaner air
- Remove bad odors in your room and makes it fresh.
- Humidifies air you breath
- It effectively removes Tobacco smoke, Pollen, Mold Spores, Animal Dander, Dust and other pollutants
SEVEN STAGE AIR PURIFICATION SYSTEM:
- STAGE 1:- Nano-Coldcatalyst Filter – at this stage, all harmful gases are removed from the air you breathe. They get decomposed into water to form non-toxic and non-corrosive carbon dioxide. It also destroys dangerous gases released by plywood, furniture, wallpapers, carpets, curtains and bedspreads. Some of the gases destroyed include; formaldehyde, ammonia, benzene, TVOC, hydrogen sulfide and so much more.
- STAGE 2:- ACTIVATED CARBON FILTER:- This one makes your air cleaner by absorbing dust from the air.
- STAGE 3:- ANTIBACTERIAL AND ANTIVIRAL NON WOVEN FABRIC:- This is a 5 micro filter with antimicrobial agents that effectively remove bacteria from air thus making it safe.
- STAGE 4:- ACTIVATED CARBON FIBER NET:- This is an efficient HEPA filter, it eliminates 99.97% of air-born particles which are larger than 0.01 micron. The HEPA filter is capable of capturing small particles like; Bacteria, pollen, ragweed and other allergens, mold spores, dust mites, fungi, viruses, germs, pet dander, cigarette smoke and other smaller particles
- STAGE 5:- Negative Ion (anion) Generator:- This one generates large amounts of anions and makes the oxygen negatively charged – thus being in position to gather positively charged particles such as bacteria, floating dust, viruses and smoke. Once these particles are gathered, they become denser and sink to the ground thus making air in the room cleaner.
- STAGE 6:- UV STERILIZATION:- Uses 245nm ultraviolet lamp to kill a all kinds of bacteria. Its UV lamp is used to purify the air and it eliminates odor which is caused by smoke & mold.
- STAGE 7:- IONIZER
- Rabbit Air MinusA2 SPA-700A Ultra-Quiet Air Purifier
In position 3, we have Rabbit Air MinusA2. It is slim in size and it can be mounted on a wall. You can use it in your bedroom, kitchen, living room, office, basement and so much more. It comes in 4 different models and these include; Germ Defense Odor Remover, Pet Allergy and Toxin Absorber. So you should buy a model which suits your needs.Rabbit Air MinusA2 SPA-700A covers 700 sq ft – this is a good coverage, it is only 100 ft less than Aero One featured in position 1. Since no one likes to leave in a noisy place, Rabbit Air has been tailored to purify your air without making any noise, actually it might look like a decoration in a room because of its sleek design and quite performance mode.
WHAT MAKES IT WORTH YOUR MONEY?
ENERGY STAR® CERTIFIED:- RABBIT AIR has an energy efficient system so you don’t have to worry about power bills. It has been tested and certified as an energy saving gadget. So you can use it 24/7.
WALL-MOUNTABLE:- With a mere 7 inches in depth, you will not be interrupted by the presence of this Rabbit Air. It can be mounted on the wall or you can put it on top of your desk / dining table.
ODOR REMOVER:- This unit can remove some bad odors and leave your hair pure clean; Though when it comes to cigarette odor, it might not eliminate it completely as Aero One does.
NO OZONE:- Rabbit Air has been fully tested to ensure that it produces no OZONE (bad gasses). It complies with the ozone safety requirements set by the California Air Resources Board. MinusA2 emits zero ozone even when operating on the highest speed (that is if you turn off the Negative Ion Generator).
ULTRA-QUIET AIR PURIFIER:- MinusA2 operates quietly when set in the lowest setting. When you switch it on for the first time, the air quality sensor will detect particles in the air thus automatically set the machine to a high speed of about 10-15 minutes to clean the room. After that, the system goes into the lowest setting and the quality of air released will be cool and clean.
COVERS 700 SQ. FT :- Before buying an air purifier, get to know the exact measurements of your room. If you want to clean air in more than one room, craft a budget of 2-3 purifiers. Rabbit Minus has coverage of 700 square ft
CUSTOMIZED FILTER OPTION:- You can have full control of the quality of air in your room / house if you use Rabbit Air SPA 700A. It features customize-bale filter options fom which you can choose from. Choose the best option for your family.
BioGS HEPA FILTRATION WITH SIX STAGES – To ensure that the quality of air in your room is purely clean, Rabbit Air passes it through 7 stages to eliminate all particles and bacteria. For effective results, change filters every 1 to 2 years. Its air filters have a very good life span – this makes the unit affordable and easy to maintain.
- BioGS HEPA filtration with six stages of purification and deodorization
- Room coverage up to 700 sq. ft.
- Air outlet on the top
- Filter reset button
- Fan speed
- Filter replacement indicator (lights up when filters need replacement / cleaning)
- Negative ions
- Power button
- Sleep mode
- Light Sensor
- Air quality indicator
- Odor Sensor
- Mood light
- Air intake around front panel
- Removable floor stand ( this makes it possible to wall mount the unit)
- 5 year warranty
RELATED: How To Choose An Air Purifier
4. Blueair 203 Slim HepaSilent Air-Purification System *** Good for small rooms
In position 4, we have Blueair 203 Slim HepaSilent Air-Purification System. It is a small unit (25 lbs and 21x17x8 inches in size) featuring a handle at the top for portability. This small unit is highly effective with a Clean Air Delivery rate (CADR) OF 155 cubic feet per minute and 5 air changes per hour. Its coverage is 240 sq feet, quite smaller than the other 3 models featured above but okay for a small room. You can use it in your living room, home office or bedroom. Blueair comes with a magnetic filter timer which you can attach on your unit, refrigerator or door. Its HEPA Silent filtration system can capture up-to 99.97% of harmful particles – 0.1 microns in size. It has a nice Swedish design which blends with any decor.
HIGHEST RATE OF CADR (Clean Air Delivery Rate) – The Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers (AHAM), fully tested Blueair 203’s CADR, which is known as the ”Amount of clean air produced by the air purifier and the rate at which it is produced / delivered). During this test, AHAM noticed that Blueair 203 has the best & highest CADR as compared to other air purifiers on the market. This small unit delivers big performance to small spaces like offices, bedrooms, living room, dining rooms and so much more.
COMPACT SIZE:- Blueair 203 has a slim/compact size – you can mount it on the wall or put it in the corner of the room. However, for this unit to perform better, it should be more than 4 inches from the wall.
HEPASilent TECHNOLOGY:- This unit performs its duties quietly – you might not recognize its presence in the room except breathing cleaner air. It uses a unique combination of electrostatic and mechanical filtration to capture 99.97% of harmful particles down to 0.1 microns in size.
MAGNETIC TIMER:- For your unit to perform well and deliver high quality clean air all the time, it will need some regular maintenance. The only thing you have to do is change / clean air filters. To save you from guess work, Blueair comes with a Magnetic timer which you can attach on a fridge / door – this timer will always notify you on when to change the air filter.
RELATED:-How To Purify The Air Using Plants
- Whirlpool Whispure Air Purifier, HEPA Air Cleaner, AP51030K
In position 5, we have Whirlpool Whispure Air Purifier, HEPA Air Cleaner, AP51030K. It is an effective air purification system – it filters air 4.8 times per hour and its coverage is 500 square feet. Whirlpool is well priced as compared to BlueAir (featured in position 4) and it has a better coverage (500 sq ft) as compared to Blueair. May be the only thing you can’t do is to mount it on the wall because of its side. People with allergies and asthma can use this model because it has a HEP Filtration system which eliminates 99.97% of air particles thus making air in your room absolutely clean.
3 STAGE FILTRATION SYSTEM:- Whirlpool AP51030K uses a three stage filtration system which is comprised of a carbon filter, pre-filter and a true HEP filter. Each of these filters captures and removes harmful particles in the air you breathe. For example, (1) The Pre-filter captures large particles thus prevent them from entering the unit. (2) However, some large particles might find their way inside the unit – these will be captured and removed by a carbon filter which also eliminates bad odors and protect the life of the HEPA filter. (3) Now at the heart of the Whirlpool Whispure 510 is where we find a true HEPA filter – this one provides maximum filtration of your room’s air by eliminating 99.97% of particles that are 0.3 microns and larger than that. Some of the particles that the HEPE filter deals with include; pollen, dust mites, mold spores, dander, ragweed and other microscopic irritants that can damage your indoor air quality and Worsen allergy and asthma symptoms.
REPLACING FILTERS:- If you run this unit for 24 hours a day in a turbo setting and at least 8 hours of sleep mode – you will need to replace carbon filters every after 4 months. For the sake of HEPA filter – you will replace it after 1.5 years of usage. In terms of price ”Whirlpool 8171434K Large Air Purifier Carbon Pre-Filters, 4-Pack” and Whirlpool 1183054K HEPA Replacement Fits Whispure Air Purifier Models AP450 and AP510. Judging from these two maintenance costs – Whirlpool is worth the cost – it works well and it is affordable to buy & maintain.
NOISE:- Whirlpool is a very quiet machine if put in sleep mode & low settings. However, when you set it in a higher setting – it will make a progressive louder hum (it is not an annoying noise…….it is more like white noise)
RELATED:- How To Use Air Purifiers
- Alen BreatheSmart HEPA Air Purifier with SmartSensor and WhisperMax Technology
In position 6 we have Alen BreatheSmart HEPA Air Purifier with SmartSensor. You can get it in various colors and these include; White, Espresso,Natural Maple, Oak, Pearl Blue, Primered, Rosewood and White. Leave safely with your pets without worrying about pet odor. Alen BreatheSmart HEPA-FreshPlus Air Purifier is good for open & closed rooms – it can remove allergies, chemicals, cooking odors and all sorts of dust which pollute the air you breath while at home. I highly recommend this unit to people who leave with pets and those who are allergic / asthmatic. Alen BreatheSmart HEPA Air Purifier provides you with protection against Volatile Organic Compounds and chemicals when used with a HEPA-FreshPlus Filter. At the same time it reduces all strong odors by using its activated carbon filters thus leaving your house / room with fresh clean air.
WIDE COVERAGE:- 1,100 square feet – I have to admit, this is the only air purifier on this list with this kind of coverage. It even beats Aero One (which covers 700 sq ft). Since it can cover a wide area, you can use it in an open area, large rooms or the all house. This unit is worth your money – get a one which corresponds with the interior of your house.
EXTREMELY QUITE:- Alen BreatheSmart features a WhisperMax Technology which makes it quiet and ideal for every home. You can place it anywhere in the house without worrying about noise. Noise Levels (Speed 1: 41.5 dB; Speed 2: 44 dB; Speed 3: 50 dB; Turbo: 56 dB)
AIR QUALITY INDICATOR:- This is a very essential feature – it will let you know when the air is clean / dirty. At least you don’t have to guess on when it is working – this air quality indicator will keep you updated.
SMARTSENSOR TECHNOLOGY ( This intelligent sensor consistently evaluates your room and environment in real time to control the performance of the unit) for example, when the unit detects that the air in your room is pure clean, it will automatically switch its self to a lower setting and it will adjust to a higher setting when it detects dust / odor / bacteria, germs and all other air disinfectants.
SMART FILTER TIMER:- The only way your unit can deliver high quality results – is by maintaining and replacing air filters when they ware out. This model features a Smart Filter Timer which maximizes the life span of the filter – it will notify you when filters need replacement. (Its filter life span is 18 months basing on usage)
POWERFUL PERFORMANCE WITH STYLE:- This unit is intelligent and powerful at the same time. But the most interesting bit of it is the ability to change color interface. You can easily switch colors and textures of this unit so that it corresponds with the interior of your house. BreatheSmart series will fit beautifully in your house.
- SmartSensor Technology
- WhisperMax Technology
- Customizable with Superior Performance
- Removes Allergens and Dust
- Energy Star Certified
- Air Quality Indicator:
- Smart Filter Timer:
- Auto Feature
- HEPA-Pure Filter (for removing Dust and Allergens)
- HEPA-FreshPlus Filter ( for removing Chemicals (VOCs) and Odor)
- HEPA-Silver Filter – (for removing Germs and Bacteria)
- HEPA-OdorCell Filter – (for removing Smoke and Heavy Odor)
- Covers up to 1,100 square feet,
- Lifetime Limited Warranty for USA customers only
- Honeywell True HEPA Allergen Remover, 465 Sq Ft, HPA300
In position 7, we have Honeywell True HEPA Allergen Remover, 465 Sq Ft, HPA300. This is the 1st brand recommended by allergists. It is well built and it circulates room air up to 5 times per hour, its coverage is 465 sq feet. It is not as strong as Alen BreatheSmart but it is fairly priced. Honeywell True HEPA Allergen Remover can capture up to 99.97% of microscopic allergens and 0.3 microns larger – thus leaving air in your room cleaner than you would expect. The mere fact that allergists are recommending this model: I have no doubt in its performance – so any one with allergies & asthma can use this affordable air purifier. Honeywell True HEPA air purifiers are efficient at removing airborne particles like pollen, tobacco smoke, dust, cooking smoke, pet dander, fireplace smoke and mold spores. This model does not release ozone back into the air you breathe thus making it an ideal air purifier for patients with breathing issues.
- Honeywell can be placed against the wall – due to its circular shape, it can perform very well even when placed very close to a wall.
- Removes pet and cooking odors very fast
- Can reduce dust by 80% in a very dusty area – however, if the dust is too much, you will need to replace filters often to maintain high performance and delivery.
- It is very quiet and a keeper at the same time. You can put it in your baby’s bedroom and they won’t be interrupted in their sleep.
- You can easily find its filters because it is a well known brand
- Features a Turbo setting which you must use to get quick / fast results. However, when you opt for this setting – more noise will be made but you can stand the noise for a few minutes because a Turbo setting is supposed to quicken up the purification process.
HOW HONEYWELL AIR PURIFIER WORKS:
STAGE 1:- A very quiet fan will pull room air into the unit. This air will be circulated and filtered several times.
STAGE 2:- Once air is filtered at the first stage, it then passes through an odor absorbing pre-filter to reduce / remove unpleasant odor and at the same-time capture large particles such as dust, pet fur / lint.
STAGE 3:- At this stage, air passes through highly effective TRUE HEPA Filters which capture up to 99.97% of particles, 0.3 microns or larger, from the air that passes through the filters.
STAGE 4:- Finally, fresher and cleaner air is released back into your room.
- Removes Airborne Germs and VOCs
- Captures up to 99.97% of Airborne Particles
- AHAM Verified
- Coverage – 465 sq. ft.
- Activated Carbon Pre-filter (this reduces unpleasant odors
- Easy tap electronic controls
- 3 air cleaning levels plus Turbo Clean setting
- Electronic filter replacement reminders.
- Captures certain airborne germs
- GermGuardian AC4825, 3-in-1 Air Cleaning System with True HEPA
In position 8, we have GermGuardian AC4825, 3-in-1 Air Cleaning System with True HEPA. So far this is the most affordable – highly rated air purifier on the market. This is the right model to start with especially when your income is still low. It is the kind of air purifier I would recommend to people leaving in small apartments. This multiple level air cleaning system will make your room worth leaving it because it will capture and remove allergens, kill airborne viruses and bacteria, and eliminate mold and odors. . It stands at 22-inches tall – you can place it in the corner of the room and let it do its job. It uses two filters; (1) Carbon activated pre-filter which should be changed after a period of 6-8 months depending on usage and (2) HEPA filter which should be replaced after a period of 1.5 years – still basing on usage.
HOW GermGuardian-AC4825 WORKS:
(1) At first, it combines its pre-filter and charcoal filter to capture all large particles in the air and these might include particles like dust and lint. The same combination of filters helps in destroying common household odors like cooking smoke, fireplace smoke and tobacco smoke. (2) In the second phase, a True HEPA filter captures 99.97% of all airborne particles as small as 0.3 microns in size – these might include; dust mites, debris, mold spores, plant pollen, and pet dander. (The main reason why doctors recommend HEPA filters is because they reduce exposure to indoor asthma triggers like dust and pet dander) – so if you’re searching for a good air purifier for dust, allergies, pets and smoke – look no further than this because GermGuard was tailored for just that. (3) Finally, the UV-C light technology helps to kill airborne viruses and bacteria as the Titanium Dioxide is being activated by the UV-C light to decompose odor molecules produced by pets, smoking and cooking.
- True HEPA Filtration system (this is a superior cleaning system which eliminates 99.97% of airborne allergens such as pet dander, plant pollen, mold spores and so much more….)
- UV-C light technology which works with Titanium Dioxide to eliminate airborne bacteria, germs, viruses and mold.
- 22 Inch tower with 3 speed controls – suitable for medium sized rooms.
- Great CADR rate
- Charcoal filter which reduces usual odors released from pet urine & smoking / cooking.
- True HEPA Filter which captures 99.97% of dust and allergens as small as 0.3 microns
- ENERGY STAR Qualified (it meets strict energy efficiency guidelines set by the US EPA
- Ultra-Quiet Operation ( it can be used all night without interrupting your sleep)
- Indicator Lights for Filter and UV-C Bulb Replacement (no more guess work)
- Honeywell 50250-S 99.97% Pure HEPA Round Air Purifier
In position 9, we have Honeywell 50250-S 99.97% Pure HEPA Round Air Purifier. This round air purifier can cover up to 390 square feet – ideal for small rooms. It is quite and affordable air purifier. It measures 18 x 18 so you can put it in a corner of your living room – switch it on and let it do the magic. But much as it looks like a small unit, it is powered by a True HEPA allergen remover technology which enables it to remove 99.97% of bad air particles which are as small as 0.3 microns – these include dust, pollen, mold spores, tobacco smoke, cooking smoke and pet dander. Since it has a HEPA filtration system, it can be used by people with allergic conditions & asthma.
CARBON ACTIVATED PRE FILTER:- The main purpose of this filter is to eliminate common household odors yet at the same time extend the life span of the HEPA filter. Majority of people leave with pets and the common thing they always complain about is pet dander – this can be cleared by a carbon activated pre filter so the air in you room will always smell fresh.
BENEFITS OF USING HONEYWELL 50250-S
- Uses True HEPA air filter which is recommended by all doctors
- Has a long-life HEPA filter which can be vacuumed to extend the filter’s life span (you can replace this HEPA filter after a period of 3-5 years depending on usage)
- Features a Glass Fiber HEPA filter which captures up to 99.97% of particles in the air – as small as 0.3 microns
- Its carbon activated filter can capture larger particles like fur, lint and dust – thus make your room clean and safe.
- Features an electronic filter indicator which alerts you when there is need to change / clean filters – this feature eliminates guess work.
- Permanent HEPA filter
- Very easy to maintain
- It filters the room very fast and leaves you with a really clean smelling room.
- 360 degree air intake & output
- Parts are easily accessible on the market and they are affordable
- Great for cigarette smoke,pollen,pet hair
- Good for allergies!!!
- 5 year limited warranty
- Not Energy Star certified – so it consumes lots of power
- Power quality plastic
- Annoying blue light at night – it will prevent you from sleeping
- Oransi V-HEPA Finn – Extended Life Bedroom & Office Air Purifier
In position 10, we have Oransi V-HEPA Finn – Extended Life Bedroom & Office Air Purifier. It has the same shape like GermGuardian AC4825 featured in position 8 so you can place it anywhere in the house and get cleaner fresh air. Oransi V-HEPA can remove up to 98% of dust, pollen, mold, pet dander and some light odors. It has a stylish design and it fits very well in a small office, living room or bedroom. Since it is light weight, you can carry it with you to any room of your choice – it will help you sleep better and breathe cleaner & fresher air. It features electronic controls with an LCD display which indicates the performance of the unit. For sake of maintenance, you don’t have to do any guess work because a filter replacement / clean indicator can clearly show you when to do so. Your purchase will be backed by a 10 year warranty.
KEY BENEFITS OF ORANSI V-HEPA FINN EXTENDED PURIFIER:
- Goog HEPA filter life span – 2 years extended life
- No guess work on when to change filters because the unit has smart alerts which notify you when you need to to clean / replace filters.
- Easy to maintain – you can easily open it and change filters.
- Affordable air purifier
- Low power consumption – it draws only 55 watts
- Small footprint and modern design – this tower shaped air purifier can fit in any small space. Its contemporary color can match with any decor.
- Safe to use at home – this unit will stop working if the cover is left open. Oransi V-HEPA Finn has received safety certifications from ETL, GS and CE.
- Certified Ozone Safe – You don’t have to worry about bad emissions when using Oransi V-HEPA Finn because it is Ozone safe and it made of durable ABD materials.
HOW IT WORKS?
The process is quite simple; (1) Air in your room enters the carbon pre-filter – it captures all large particles thus protecting other filters in the system and enhance on the durability of the unit. The same carbon filter is capable of removing light odors like cooking smoke and pet dander. (2) At this stage, a high-efficiency filter ”V-HEPA air filter captures dust, allergens, solid particles, contaminants such as pollen, dust mites and airborne impurities as small as 0.3 microns.
- Room Coverage: up to 400 sq feet
- Low noise level (40dB – 60dB)
- Air flow speed is 140 (speed 3 CADR)
- 2 years life span for filters
- UV lamp which kills bacteria and germs
- Negative ion
- Clean & Filter replacement indicator
- Electronic controls
- 99% efficient v-HEPA filter
- Fan speeds: 3
- Cleanable pre-filter and v-hepa filter
This marks the end of this detailed review on ‘’BEST AIR PRUFIERS – 2018’’ – I will keep on updating this post with new suggestions, so keep on checking….