What Is The Best Safety Razor Blade – For Double Edge Razors
Now that you have selected the best safety razor for your wet shaving process, the next big question is ”What is the best double edge safety razor blade?, it is quite an interesting question, because by default not all razor blades can do a good job, you have to use the right blade in a right razor, hope you get my point. Many of us want to get a clean close shave and the best way of getting it is by using the right de blades, they have to be sharp and safe at the same time, however, the durability if your blades will be determined by how you use them and keep them after wet shaving. All of them are stainless blades, so they have the capability of withstanding wet conditions without rusting, but this is not a guarantee that they won’t rust. With that in mind, you have to keep your blades dry and clean after wet shaving.
Today men are getting back to the old way of shaving, many of them practice traditional wet shaving just like our grand fathers used to shave, I’m not so much surprised by this come back of manual razors & wet shaving, because the so called electric shavers cost an arm and a leg yet they don’t really perform as good as de safety razors, yet when I do a price comparison of these two, safety razors seem to be the most affordable grooming tools and they are multipurpose, I can buy a Merkur Long Handled Razor for 29 / 30, but it can work as a beard shaver, pubic shaver, head shaver, leg shaver, chest shaver, bikini line shaver and so much more.
To put that aside, l have compiled a list of the best safety razor de blades, you can choose from any of these blades and get a real close shave. They work in all Double Edge Safety Razors like Merkur 34c / EDWIN JAGGER DE89BL/ Merkur Long Handled / Edwin Jagger DE89Lbl / Parker 99r / Merkur Classic Razor and so much more.
4 BEST DOUBLE EDGE SAFETY RAZOR BLADES:
- Astra Platinum Double Edge Safety Razor Blades:
A full packet of Astra Platinum de blades comes with 100 blades. You can change blades at least twice in a week, but in most cases when you use high quality blades, you might one Blade in a week. However, men with very thick and course beards, you might use 2 / 3 blades in a week and this packet of 100 will take you for more than 5 – 6 months.
- Disposing of Astra Used Blades: – When a blade wares out, you have to replace it with a new one, but don’t just clatter your home with used blades, simply get a can and put then there, it is quite hygienic and safe. Since this Astra packet comes with 100 blades, you feel then in that can once they are all used up and take them to a metal recycling company, it’s better than throwing them away.
- Durability of Astra Blades: – These are stainless blades so they last for long, however, their sharpness fades with time. Men with very thick course beards can use one blade for only 3 shaves, after that it will need a replacement.
- Snapping Them into two halves:- Some people might want to divide a blade into two, it is not a common practice but half blades can be used in a shavette. a Shavette looks more like a straight razor, however, it uses razor blades just like a Double edge safety razor, Shavettes are not so popular, but most barbers use them, they are good at shaving bald heads and beards.
- Fitting:- Do these blades fit in vintage De Safety Razors? Yes, they do, as long as it’s a Double Edge safety razor, they fit well.
- Feather Razor Blades NEW Hi-stainless Double Edge:
For decades, ”Feather” has been crafting grooming and personal care products for men. In this error of wet shaving, every-man wants to use the best de razor blades, stainless blades have been on the market for a while, but now we need a change, use something new and safe, that is to why Feather invented this new Hi-stainless Platinum Coated razor, It can survive all bad conditions and won’t rust easily, their sharpness takes a while to wear out, so you will use them for quite some time. But just like Astra, this feather box comes with 100 sharp de blades, they cost a little bit more than Astra blades, but their performance is tremendous. When it comes to popularity, these blades have got a 4.7 out of 5 rating on Amazon, which means individuals who have used them, have appreciated their performance.
- Discard Slot:- These new blades are packed in a plastic box which has a discard box where you can put old / used razors. So, in this case, you don’t to bother yourself with a can, that has been catered for.
- Works in Merkur Razor:- I know many of you use Merkur safety razors, these are one of the best safety de razors on the market. Good enough, they can take in any DE Blade, so you don’t have to be tied to one brand. You can use these feather blades in a merkur razor and get the best close shave.
- How to use them? – The first thing you have to do is to soak your face with a warm cloth to soften beards / hair and a the same time open skin pores. Leather up with a good shaving cream / soap, Insert the blade in your De safety razor and start shaving towards the grain, don’t use to much force when shaving because feather blades are too sharp, you might end up with nicks and cuts.
- Derby Extra Double Edge Razor Blades:
These are very popular DE Razor blades, at least you must have owned one before or a friend of your must have recommended them at one time but you didn’t give it a try. Derby Extra De blades are stainless steel blades, strong enough to cut through any thick beard. You can use the in any safety razor and they are friendly to any skin. If you’re a beginner, I suggest you start with these stainless blades, you will not regret, and they actually come at an affordable price. A packet of Derby Extra will contain 100 De Blades, but if you have thick course long hair, you might use 2 – 3 derby blades in a week.
- Disposing Off Used Derby Extra Blades:- This brand of blades does not come with a self discarding container, so you can use a tin / mug to store used blades. However, after when discarding blades, I suggest you warp them in a paper or a small cloth and keep that disposable tin far away from children.
- Suitable Safety Razor:- Many times when individuals are shopping for de blades, they wonder if they can use them in any de safety razor, true, you can use them, it doesn’t matter which brand of safety razor you are using, as long as it’s a double edge razor, these blades will fit and work perfectly.
- Personna Double Edge Razor Blades:
And last but not least, lets look at these Personna Double Edge Razor Blades, also a single packet contains 100 blades just like the other 3 brands I have covered at the top. Personna blades are Glide-coated stainless steel blades, I would have featured them at the top because they have a very good customer rating of 4.5 out of 5, but also their competitors perform well, but their position on this list does not matter that much, it’s their ability to provide the best results which makes them the best de razor blades.
- Good on Buttocks: – I’m sure you all want to use a very safe blade when it comes to shaving your butt. This Personna is just tailored for tender and sensitive skins, it’s sharp and strong. Make sure you insert it in a good safety razor for better results.
- Works with all Merkur Razors:- These are double edge blades, they can work in all DE safety razors, it does not matter whether you have a merkur or Edwin Jagger.
- Replacing:- I box of Personna comes with 100 blades, but it will take like 3 – 5 shaves to use a new blade, but also the structure of beard will play a big role. If it’s too thick and course, you might make replacements every after 3 clean shaves