What Is The Best Drone 2017 – Detailed Review
In this new era, there is no reason for you to miss out on each and every single thing happening inside and outside you world when you can keep track of it all with the perfect drone. However there is a variety of them on the market lately and you find trouble knowing which one is the right one to spend your money on. This is exactly why I have taken some really good time to explore about the very best types and brands of drones out there and came up with this list of the ten best drones. I call these the best drones after taking carefully going through the reviews of different people that have tried using them so any you will choose among them will surely be a good choice.
OUR TOP 3 CHOICES – 2017:
- UDI 818A HD Drone Quadcopter With Return to Home Function – Available on Amazon
- Syma X5C Explorers 2.4G 4CH 6-Axis Gyro RC Quadcopter With HD Camera – Available on Amazon
- UDI U818A 2.4GHz 4 CH 6 Axis Gyro RC Quadcopter with Camera RTF Mode 2 – Available on Amazon
BUYING GUIDE_WHAT TO LOOK FOR:
Both beginners and some experienced users of drones find different challenges as they look out for a drone reason being they have many different features that come up with each and every increase in technology, different types and series of brands. One of the most important things that you need to consider before choosing a drone is its simplicity of use, any good drone must be very easy to operate even when it may be your first time to use it. What you are going to use the drone for is basically what will determine how much you will be spending in, they are drone of different prices so it will be much better to spend on one that will not put you in too much of a loss when it crushes. The high end drones like the UDI 818AHD Drone quad copter come with a return home feature, really advanced cameras and auto-flight stabilization among many others, such special additional features make high end drones a better choice compared to others. Below are some considerations that will help you know what the best drone is:
- FLIGHT TIME: –this can simply be defined as the total amount of time that the drone can remain in air after a full charge. There are different factors that will affect how long your drone will stay in air, take for example the rolls and flips as they use of the motor’s energy. Some drones can stay in air for about 6-8 minutes after a 60-90minute charge while others take about 10-20minutes which simply means that all drones cannot actually fly for too long. Just equip yourself with enough batteries depending on what you want to use the drone for.
- WINGSPAN: –well, much as many people don’t really take this as an important feature, it is actually one of the essentials as it is one of the determinants of what the drone can do. For pilots who want to have indoor flights, drones with smaller wingspans are good enough and for those who want to use the drone outdoors it is much better to go in for a drone with larger wingspan. This reduces on the damage that wind and any other obstacles will cause to your drone.
- TRANSMITTER OR CONTROLLER: –it is through the transmitter that you can transfer any command to the drone so it is best to look out for controller with special buttons that you can use for different cool moves and larger capacity. Some people love a controller that has an LCD display that will let you glance your drone’s progress even at a distance.
- PERFORMANCE: –it is best advised that you don’t get fooled by the price of the drone or otherwise you might end up regretting your dollars. If it is your first time then don’t spend too much on the drone as it might accidentally crush on your first flight. Also look out for a drone that is not that difficult to operate.
- ADDITIONAL FEATURES: –these include things like sensors, return home feature, GPS among many others but to tell the truth you are mostly likely to find such in the high end drones that cost quite more. Such features will the drone even more fun to use.
- CAMERA: –lately many of the drones come with a camera and the quality of the camera largely determines the types of image and videos you will get therefore you need to pick the drone considering what you will be using it for. But this also attached to the price, drones that are pricey usually come with very high quality cameras as compared to those that come at lower prices.
TOP 10 BEST DRONES – 2016:
UDI 818A HD Drone Quadcopter with 720p HD Camera With Return to Home Function
If durability is what you are looking from a drone then you will definitely find no better option that this UDI 818A HD Drone Quadcopter. Unlike many of the quadcopters that you have been seeing around, this one is designed with such amazing durability to the extent that even when it crushes into walls, falls from heights to the ground or even when it crushes into huge trees it is still does not break, now this is one hell of a good investment. It is also built with such light weight which makes it fun and easy to use by just any member of the family so if you are looking forward to adding some interesting play time to your home then don’t think twice about trying out this drone.
The UDI 818A HD Drone Quadcopter comes with an HD 1280x720P camera, removable 4GB micro SD-card on which footage from a wide variety of flights is stored, this allows you to always go back and watch previous flights whenever you feel like doing so. In addition it also uses USD card reader which you can use to upload any information of your choice to your email, Facebook or even instagram. If you wish you could replace the 4GB SD-card with one that has bigger capacity so that you have more than enough space to store all your items like JPEG files or new AVIs.
The UDI 818A HD Drone Quadcopter with 720p HD Camera and return to Home Function is an upgraded version which is why it has additional special features that other drones don’t have yet it still performs exceptionally. Its return to home function operates with just a press of a button, it detects the landing position for the drone and goes automatically back to that particular landing site. It also features the headless mode that gives pilots the chance to traverse the quad without necessarily having to worry about the designation of the air craft.
- It is extremely easy to use:there is nothing as relieving as buying a product that you can be used as soon as you get it from its package without needing any assistance and this UDI818A HD drone is one of them. It is super easy to operate but more importantly comes with a very clear set of instructions that you can follow just in case you find any problems in using it.
- Automatic return home function: this feature is what makes the UDI 1818A HD unique as it enables the drone which senses the drone’s landing position and returns to that position with just one touch of a button.
- Headless mode: when the drone is in this mode its orientation does not depend on the design of the craft so there is basically no need for the pilot to survey the aircraft because you can do it at a distance.
- Low battery alarm: it allows you to know when the batteries have gone low
- HD camera 1280 by 720p
- 360 degree: with only the push of a button, the drone can either roll or flip just the way you want it.
- 6-axis gyro stabilization system: this guarantees extreme stability
- Flight duration: 60-90 minutes of charge time offers 6-8 minutes flights.
- Three speed modes: among these, you will find the high speed mode, medium speed mode and the low speed mode.
- LED navigations lights
Syma X5C Explorers 2.4G 4CH 6-Axis Gyro RC Quadcopter With HD Camera
To all the beginners out there, the Syma X5C Explorers 2.4G 4CH 6-Axis Gyro RC Quadcopter is definitely the perfect drone that you have been looking for. This is just because this X5C is extremely easy to use as it performs a really wide variety of tasks like take videos, make flips, take snap photos among others only at the press of a button. This drone cannot be used both indoors and outdoors due to its wind resistant structure, in addition that modular design that is built with also makes assembly just a snap hence making the drone a lot easier to maintain. The Syma X5C is a really good option mainly because of its large size that makes it perfectly visible when it’s up in the sky and besides all that it flies really great.
For the Syma X5C Explorers 2.4G 4CH 6-Axis Gyro RC Quadcopter you will have to invest in a micro SD-card onto which you will store all your videos, photos any other information from your flights. Another thing you will have to buy is spare batteries since we all know these batteries don’t perform for longer than 12 minutes.
After seeing many of the customers of the X5C reviewing that this drone flies o great, I would not be wrong to conclude that it actually performs exceptionally because any drone is rated according to how great it flies of course along some few other factors. This drone has a stabilization system that gives it more flexibility and stability while it’s in air and since it is wind resistant you will find no problem using it both indoors and outdoors. The only problem I find with this drone however is that it comes with a really small micro SD-card, it is a 2GB which may not be enough to accommodate all your data from different flights.
- It is very convenient for beginners: with the fact that it performs several tasks only with the touch of a single button, it makes it very easy for beginners to use the Syma X5C.
- It flies really great: by the time you invest in a drone you will be expecting it to perform amazingly when it comes to flying and that is what the X5C does. It is very stable and flexible while in air and can be used both indoors and outdoors.
- It is durable: coming at only $55.59 dollars you would not expect the drone to last too long but surprisingly it does, this actually a really good purchase so without spending too much you get to benefit from for a good period of time.
- 4Hz remote control: it is infused with spread spectrum technology which prevents interference and enables further remote distance.
- Charging and flying time: 100 minutes of charge will provide 7 minutes of flying time.
- 6-axi Gyro stabilization system: it ensures better stability and flexibility of the drone.
- Wind resistant, it can be used both indoors and outdoors.
- Modular design structure which is extremely easy to assemble and maintain.
- HD camera
- 2GB micro SD Card
- 7 v 500 Mah Li-poly battery
UDI U818A 2.4GHz 4 CH 6 Axis Gyro RC Quadcopter with Camera RTF Mode 2
From the UDI’s micro-UFO, the new advancement is the UDI U818A Gyro RC Quadcopter. For less than 120 dollars, you get to enjoy this drone’s exceptional camera and also make all those fun flips and rolls with its transmitter that leaves all control in your hands. The UDI 818A RC quadcopter’s durability has been largely attached to its four ring design which keeps the most delicate well protected in case the drone crushes into walls and trees. When it comes to flying, I can assure you that this quadcopter scoresA plus so you will love every bit of it.
The UDI U818A uses a Lipo battery which will definitely require you to have a spare to ensure that it can accomplish what you want it to. It is also controlled by a 2.4 GHz remote control, a 2GB micro SD card and propellers, you will need a set of four propellers.
First of all using the UDI 818A is extremely easy for any to use, it has two flight modes which include the high performance mode that flies the drone at higher speed as it performs different other tricks and standard performance modes. For younger adults or small events, this would definitely be a good choice drone though I must also admit that it misses out on some extras that some other drones have like GPS and the return home function. If it is your first time to operate the quadcopter it is best to use the standard mode to avoid any accidents and as you get used with more practice you will go ahead and use the high mode with no worries. It offers a variety of flying options that you can choose from depending on what your personal needs are.
- UDI U818A camera that records flight data on to the micro SD card, it captures both videos and photos.
- 360 eversion, this enables the drone to make exceptional flips and rolls only with a touch of a button
- 4GHz remote control
- Flight duration of 7-9 minutes after a 120 minute charge
- 6 axis gyro system
- 4 channel function which makes it easier to operate and offer more stability
- High capacity 500Mah Lipo battery
- Strong power motors for more efficient flying and longer flight duration
Holy Stone HS170 Predator Mini RC Helicopter Drone
With a combination of great quality and ease of use, the Holy Stone HS170 Predator Mini RC Helicopter Drone has become a favorite for many experienced quadcopter pilots. This drone is designed to offer about 6-8 minute of flying time which most people consider very fine most especially because of the its size. However I am afraid to say this is not the kind of drone you can just bump into flying especially if you are beginner or first time user of quadcopters reason it has only been designed for people who have enough experience and are not younger than 14 years. Or people who are very good at follow each and every step of the instructions in its manual.
Owning the Holy Stone HS170 Predator Mini RC Helicopter Drone comes with some maintenance costs mainly when it comes to batteries that you will need for the remote controller. Its remote uses 1.5v AA batteries, the quadcopter uses a 3.7v 350mAh Li-Ion battery but this one does not require constant replacement like the remote control batteries. You will also need to change the rotating blades in order to keep the drone performing as it did while it was still new.
If you are looking for a low priced quadcopter but one that will fly awesomely then look no further than this Holy Stone HS170 Predator Mini RC Helicopter Drone. Like I said before, to fly the HS170 you must either follow the manual very carefully or you must have some really good experience with these little machines. One thing that people have loved about the HS170 predator is the fact that it does not just fly but flies exceptionally and that it both inside and outside. Compared to many other drones, this mini RC helicopter is much more convenient as it takes less time to fully charge, it only takes 30-40 minutes while other drones take 90 -120minutes. Furthermore, the drone features a headless security system which guarantees safety of the copter during accidents. Taking a break between flights is very essential in the durability of the quadcopter’s parts as they tend to heat up.
- It is sturdily constructed: even after several crushes, you will not find this quadcopter having breaks and cracks on different parts all because of its great quality.
- It performs well on the different speed modes: it does not really matter which speed mode you are comfortable using, this HS170 helicopter drone performs amazingly on each and every speed mode whether it is high, medium or low.
- 4GHz remote control to prevent any kind of interference
- Headless security system to ensure safety of the quadcopter despite of who the player might be.
- 6-Axis gyro stabilization system or more stability and flexibility
- Wind resistant control range for good performance at distances between 300-500meters
- 30-40 minutes of charging give 6-7 minutes of flying time
Holy Stone X400C FPV RC Quadcopter Drone with Wifi Camera
If you have been keen enough you will notice that from all the drones I have just reviewed above it is only this Holy Stone X400C FPV RC Quadcopter Drone that has a Wi-Fi camera and that is what makes it unique. This X400c quadcopter is made with advanced technology that ensures no interference is made even if there are other drones flying. This is an upgraded version which is why it has some additional features, it has a lightweight, three different modes the advanced, intermediate and basic and if you were to compare it to other copters, you will notice that the X400 has much better stability. To fly the X400 you will not need any experience like we have seen with the Holy stone HS170 predator, even beginners can use it.
To use the X400C FPV RC Quadcopter you will need a cell phone with Android system, there is lots of them on the market and at really affordable prices so you anyone can definitely get one.
Since the Holy stone X400C FPV RC Quadcopter Drone uses a Wi-Fi camera, you must first of all download the app that makes your phone the video flight screen. Comparing its price, you would expect this quad to have really cool features like the FPV and return home function which work with just the touch of a button. It operates with three different modes the advanced mode which experienced pilots prefer, then the intermediate and basic mode which is good enough for beginners. One single press of a button is what it takes to make a flip and its headless mode which maintains control no matter where the quad head is facing.
It has good battery life: because of its powerful battery, this quad is able to stay in air for 8.5 minutes which is good enough compared to flying time for other drones like the Syma X5C which flies for 7 minutes.
It flies well and is easy to assemble: besides being really easy to assemble, it is also easy to fly and to just for experienced pilots but for beginners as well especially in the intermediate and basic mode.
- Headless mode and one button return home function
- 4g technology that prevents interference from any other flying quadcopter at the same time
- New design that makes assembly much easier as well as maintenance
- 6-axis Gyro control system for better stability during flights and easy operation
- A full charge of one and half hours offers 8.5 minutes of flying time
- Flying tricks, one button roll, 3D rolls, throttle limit among many others
Hubsan X4 H107L Royal Blue H107 LED with Bonus Propeller Rotor Protection Guard
If you loved the H107, I guarantee you will love this Hubson H107L even more. This drone will is designed with really cute colors royal blue and white which gives a very pleasant when placed anywhere in your house and also when it is up in the sky. Unlike some other quadcopters, this one has propeller guards for added protection when it is flying. It is super portable so you can carry it in your pocket when it in doors and fly it just anywhere you feel like and when you move out of the house it still flies perfectly due to its strong rotor.
The Hubsan X4 H107L is controlled by a 2.4GHz transmitter, there is no way you will fly a drone without its transmitter. Since the blades also get spoilt easily you will need an extra set of blades, probably a four set with two white blades and two blue ones. You will also need the blade protection guard which keeps the blades in good condition for a longer period of time.
Yes this Hubsan X4 H107L is not just beautiful on the appearance but also performs really beautifully so you absolutely have no reason to be skeptical about trying it out. It is a ready to fly quadcopter offering two modes including the normal and expert mode. As you keep using it, you will get to gain more skills on how to make those fun forward backward flips as well as barrel rolls. With only a flick of the stick you will be able to make all those interesting responsive controls. Above all, this quad is very stable while flying and stays in the air for at least 6 minutes.
- 6-Axis flight control system further infused with gyro sensitivity
- 4GHz transmitter with LCD screen where you can easily view all your flight data
- Lightweight frame for added stability while the quad is flying
- LED lights
- Blade protection guard that keeps the blades safe when the quad crashes enabling them to last even longer
- Two flight modes, the normal and expert modes
DJI Phantom 3 Professional Quadcopter 4K UHD Video Camera Drone
The DJI phantom series have always had some really cool features and these just keep improving after each other new innovation, this time round we are looking at the DJI Phantom 3 Professional Quadcopter. To give you peace of mind, this drone is GPS so it will return to you even when you lose control of it. The DJI phantom professional is designed to offer exceptional performance whether used inside or outside. Comparing the features offered by these DJI phantom series drones, I am actually starting to conclude that this is definitely the best brand of drones.
The DJI Phantom 3 Professional Quadcopter is regulated by a remote controller and uses a pair of propellers but it would be best if you purchased a set of 4 to be on the safe side. It has a 16GB micro SD card onto which flight videos and photos are stored, landing pads together with propeller wrench.
The exceptional tradition of DJI phantom series has once again been promoted with theDJI Phantom 3 Professional Quadcopter. It has been infused with a set of advanced features that anyone will fall in love with, for perfect and first class videos and photos, this drone comes with a well stabilized 3-axis 4k UHD camera. Just like other DJIS, the phantom 3 professional has light bridge technology that casts live videos direct from the drone at the real time. It doesn’t only stop at that, it also utilizes the DJI pilot with very special interesting features where you can share your videos and photos. It uses a combination of ultrasonic and optical sensors that enable the drone to fly without GPS when it is being used from indoors. You can now fly without worrying about crushing with the help of its built in safety of zones that you should restrain from.
- 4K UHD Video Camera
- GPS assisted hover with automatic landing and take offs
- Light bridge technology, streams live videos straight from the drone to your mobile phone
- DJI pilot app
- Built in flight stimulator
- Customized commands to suit just whatever your needs might be
- Simple video editor for movie-quality videos.
Holy Stone F181 RC Quadcopter Drone with HD Camera RTF 4 Channel 2.4GHz 6-Gyro Headless System
If you have always wanted to try out the fun of using quadcopters but still haven’t had the chance well, this Holy Stone F181 RC Quadcopter Drone is your way to getting started as it has been made specifically for you. the big reason behind it being perfect for starters is the fact that it flies at a relatively slow rate to which makes it very easy to get used to the practice and eventually turn into an expert. It flies well when inside and at the same time doe sit well outdoors since it is wind resistant. I basically love the fact that it is not discriminant with who can actually use it.
The only way you can actually control yourHoly Stone F181 RC Quadcopter Drone is with a 2.4GHz remote transmitter as it is the only one that will remain in control of the drone no matter how far it flies, rotating blades most advisably a set of four and protection frames that help your drone’s parts to last even longer.
I have seen some drones that extremely expensive like the DJI Phantom 3 Professional Quadcopter 4K UHD Video Camera Drone which costs $1,187 depending on where you buy it from however the Holy Stone F181 RC Quadcopter Drone comes at only $119.99 which is really affordable for anyone. It has been engineered with a return home function and headless security system so you will not have to lose your drone. This helicopter is also very flexible and stable thanks to its 6-axis gyro stabilization system.
- 4G remote controller which uses a 3.7V 750 mAh battery
- Rotating blades
- Protection frames
- 6-axis gyro stabilization system
- Wonderful 360 degree 4 ways flip and continuous roll
DBPOWER Hawkeye-II CX-30W FPV Wifi G-sensor Control Quadcopter
If you have a 14 year old or above member in your family, getting them the DBPOWER Hawkeye-II CX-30W FPV Wi-Fi G-sensor Control Quadcopter is your new way to making your house even more interesting. Because it is unbelievably easy to fly even beginners get to use this drone without finding too much trouble. Some people think it misses out on additional parts that are seen in other drones but this also gives the light weight that enables it to fly for a longer period of time. The Hawkeye is very unique as it does what other drones don’t do like running on the ground and climbing walls. It is this kind of versatility that has made this drone a really satisfying option for the people that have tried it out.
The DBPOWER Hawkeye-II CX-30W FPV Wi-Fi G-sensor Control Quadcopter uses an FPV camera and transmitter with which you can command different tasks. It also operates with a 3.7V 700mAh Li-po battery.
The DBPOWER Hawkeye-II CX-30W FPV Wi-Fi G-sensor Control Quadcopter is introducing a new but extremely interesting and easy way of capturing videos and photos from the sky. With its 2MP HD camera, it captures the best images and photos for you to share later on its app right on your mobile phone. It is equipped with alert and precise 360 degree eversion which lets you turn to any direction as well as really long lasting blades covered by protective guards making suitable for beginners. From the three flying modes that it offers you get to choose any that you feel is most comfortable and fun for you. only one tap of button is what you need to have it do just whatever you want but just in case you find any problems there is a very clear manual that you can follow to go about it.
- Built in 2MP HD camera
- 360 degree eversion for easy turn into any direction of your choice
- Three different flying modes including the high, low and medium so you can choose from just whichever is more comfortable and fun fro you.
- 20M Wi-Fi image transmission distance
- Radio and Wi-Fi remote control type
- 5-8 minute fkying time
- 30M remote control range
DJI Phantom 3 Standard Quadcopter Drone with 2.7K HD Video Camera
The DJI Phantom 3 Standard Quadcopter Drone with 2.7K HD Video Camera will prove to you that you don’t need any kind of experience to enjoy aerial photography. The phantom 3 allows you to take those beautiful pictures and videos from the sky with its ready to fly design and simple flights assisted by GPS. This drone requires you to have a DJI go app which is free on your phone so that all your flight data can stream directly to your mobile phone. Entirely different from all the drones we have just looked at, this offers a lot of peace of mind as it flies for over 25 minutes.
This DJI Phantom 3 Standard Quadcopter Drone comes with an 8 GB micro SD card which is really enough space for you to store all your videos and photos, just one battery, 2 full sets of propellers so can really equipped for your flights and lastly a radio controller.
If you want that quad with sophisticated functionality but amazing simplicity that you will need no expertise at all to fly it then there is surely nothing better than this DJI Phantom 3 Standard Quadcopter Drone. This easy to fly quadcopter allows you to enjoy aerial viewing like an expert even when you are not using its intelligent flight system. From your mobile phone, you get to enjoy live video streaming during the flight whereas DJI’s new gimbal technology offer first class results despite of how you fly. What makes this the favorite drone for many is its 25 minute flying time. The DJI phantom 3 drone simply delivers each and every single thing you need to fly.
- Built in GPS that returns your quad to you at the press of a button
- Built HD video camera
- 3-Axis gimbal
- Wi-Fi network which syncs views from the camera to your phone at the exact time they are happening
- DJI Go app
- Unique DJI intelligent flight battery offering up to 25 minutes of flying time
- LED indicators
Flying a drone is not really too much of a task especially if you are the kind of person that follows instructions carefully. You will never find any difficulty in getting to enjoy the fun things that these little devices can actually do. But always keep in mind the considerations that we saw in the beginning of the post like the price of the drone, its flying time, skills it performs and how well it does them among others will always be of great help in helping you choose the best drone.