What Is The Best Hair Clipper – 2017 Balding Clipper Reviews
Hair clippers are commonly used by barbers, but that should not stop you from owning one. Actually, you can become your own barber at home, shave your own hair and at the same time shave other family members, but only in areas they allow you too. Hair clippers are well known for providing a clean close shave relative to that of a safety razor, I’m even surprised that they are not as popular as electric shavers, may be because they can’t work without a cord, but other than that, I would rather own a clipper than an electric head shaver which costs and arm and a leg yet it never gets as close as I want. I guess I should put my frustration with electric shavers aside, and review some of the best hair clippers for 2017.
TOP 3 HAIR CLIPPERS FOR MEN ” 2017”:
- Wahl Professional 8110 5-star Balding Clipper – Check Price on Amazon**** – Best Balding Clipper on the market – It is twice the speed of pivot motor clippers. ( Comes with 2 cutting guides & surgical blades for full head balding…)
- Andis T-Outliner Trimmer – Check Price on Amazon**** Well equipped with a close-cutting blade for trimming necks, beards, mustaches, and edging around ears. (You can adjust blades for precise cutting)
- Wahl 79300-400 Color Complete Hair cutting Kit – Check Price on Amazon****Features high-carbon steel blades & a Soft touch grip for comfort and easy control
- Best Electric Head Shaver
- Best Electric Shaver
- Best Body Groomer
- Best Laser Hair Removal Devices
- Best Electric Shaver for Ingrown Hairs
- Best Nose Hair Trimmer
USING A HAIR CLIPPER FOR THE FIRST TIME:
Wash and dry your hair before shaving it with a hair clipper. This process will make your hair soft and very easy to shave. Hair clippers are tailored to cut through any type of hair, be it thick / course / long / short or thin, so you don’t have to worry about getting a close shave. After preparing your hair, start shaving from the front as you go backwards, hair at the front (near the fore head) is always thinner but it gets thick as you move to the back of the head. When it comes to shaving hair on the sides of your head, you will move the clipper upwards (against the grain), but make sure the clipper is plugged into power. If you want to make a style in your hair, you need to set the length of your clipper, most of them have more than 5 length settings and the same time you can attach a guide comb to differentiate the level of hair on your head. Men who want bald heads, you don’t have to use shaving combs, simply set the clipper to zero shaving length, the blade will cut hair up to the extreme end.
LIST OF THE BEST HAIR CLIPPERS 2017:
1. Wahl Professional 8110 5-star Balding Clipper****Best clipper for bald heads – features surgical blades…
Without doubt, Wahl has dominated this list, it’s not by mistake, but they actually make some cool hair clippers. However, most of them are corded; you can only use them when plugged into power. My barber uses this particular model, it makes some little noise, but I can stand it. Balding clippers are well known for giving a close shave, so if you want to have a bald head shave, this is the best product for you. Let’s see what Wahl has done with this Professional 785110 5-star Series Balding Clipper:
- Faster Motor Speed:- Professional 785110 5-star Series Balding Clipper is quite powerful and better than the other models. It has been crafted for professional barbers not individuals, however, that should not stop you from owning one by yourself. The speed of the motor determines the performance of any hair clipper / shaver. If it’s too fast, it will shave any thick / course hair within a very short period of time. Any professional barber will tell you that if a clipper is not fast, it’s not worth his money.
- Surgical Blades:- Not only is the machine fast and efficient, but also its blades are super strong and sharp. Men who want to get bald heads, you should own one of these Professional 785110 5-star Series Balding Clippers. So far it has got a rating of 4.4 out 5 and that is a pretty good customer vote. Some customers say that this clipper will give you a close to razor shave, so you probably don’t need to use a razor.
2. Andis T-Outliner Trimmer with T-Blade
Judging from customer reviews, I can tell that this Andis clipper is of high quality, at least your money will be invested in something which works, I wish it was cordless, what a wonderful clipper. Its shape and design is ordinary, I see nothing fancy about it, but the T-Blade & T-Outliner make it the best clipper on the market. I have to admit, making this list was not a very easy task, because all brands featured here are highly rated. Guys with sensitive skins, you should consider shaving with this T-Blade clipper, it’s blades are so forgiving, you will not get any irritation or pulling. I can only compare its performance to that of a safety razor.
It’s ideal for dry shaving, but I suggest you apply some baby powder on your beards before shaving them. I have noticed that every time my Barber puts baby powder on my beards before shaving, I don’t get bumps or any kind of irritation. I think baby powder softens the hair and skin, making it very easy to shave with a clipper.
3. Wahl 79300-400 Color Complete Hair cutting Kit
Not only will you be in position to cut your own hair, but this colored hair cutting kit will as well make it very easy to cut your son’s / husbands hair. It has a color guide code which you can use to remember everyone’s favorite hair style, at least you don’t have to scratch your head to figure out what they want. But that is not enough, lets dig deep and see why Wahl 79300-400 stands out as the best hair clipper for everyone, not just men, but everyone:
- Multipurpose:- Ever since I started Yosaki, I have been reviewing all types of grooming tools, some work better than others but most of them are not multipurpose, so you end up spending more money to accomplish certain tusks and the other thing is cost, they come at a big price. However, Wahl 79300-400 is affordable. You can use Wahl 79300-400 hair clipper to shave your head, chest hair, body hair, legs and pubic hair. May be the only thing I don’t like about this clipper is the ”cord” thing, I have to be glued to one place, plug it into power to shave, but other than that, everyone should own a Wahl 79300-400 hair clipper, at least have it as a backup, or buy it for the all family because cordless electric shavers can’t be used as family grooming tools.
- Self-sharpening blades: – When it comes to maintenance, you really have less to do, because Wahl 79300-400 blades sharpen themselves. This happens when the clipper is in use, as it cuts your hair; blades keep on sharpening themselves, guaranteeing you with a clean close shave every time you use them.
- Not too loud:- I have been in the saloon so many times, I wonder which brand of clipper my Barber uses, because the noise if frustrating, I just talked to him last time that he should get Wahl 79300-400 because it’s not too loud. I can’t deny, it also makes some noise because it’s a clipper, but it’s noise is okay, just an average noise which can’t make your head spin.
- Colored shaving combs:- If you buy this Wahl 79300-400 hair clipper for your family, you will be in position to mark / assign a colored comb for each member depending how they want to get their haircut. At the same time, barbers can use these color combs to mark what their clients want. At first, the all color thing might not make sense to you, but if you start shaving more than two people, you will find it essential. I just wonder how Wahl thought of this minor feature; it makes their clipper the best of all time. I guess that is to why it’s among the best selling hair clippers on Ebay upto now.
4. Remington Short Cut Clipper Rechargeable, Cordless, Haircut Kit
At first I thought TRYM was the only brand making cordless rechargeable hair clippers, but I was wrong about that. Remington has entered this niche as well and they decided in invent a cool cordless hair clipper. It seems to be stronger than TRYM II but I don’t like the design. However, I will not shutter it down, lets see what makes it really special, never know I might be missing a point.
- Light Weight:- In the picture, the product looks bigger, but in actual sense, it will fit in your hands perfectly and it’s light weight. So you can hold it for longer hours as you groom your body. You can use this Remington cordless hair clipper to shave your body without getting tired of holding it. It weighs only 1 pound.
- Multiple Lengths:- Customize your own shave, get what you need by choosing the right shaving length. If you want a short stubble, simply choose the 2nd last length setting.
5. Wahl 79524-2501
I can see we have another Wahl in position 2, Wahl 79524-2501 is just another cool hair clipper for men, women and the all family. It’s well packed in a nice plastic case which you can use as a storage facility. The clipper itself is nice looking and it has some decent weight which makes shaving hair very easy. Most users who recommend it say it’s the best haircut kit for any family, so if you have been struggling cutting hair for your boys, grab one piece of this Wahl 79524-2501 and see how it performs miracles. Let’s try to dig deep and see if it’s worth your investment.
- Total Body Grooming:- I would not like to buy a shaver which does only one job, to me that would be a waste of money, and I’m particular on how I spend my little cash. But after checking out this Wahl 79524-2501, I noticed it comes at a really good price, and I can use it to perform more than one tusk, shave beards, head, chest, butt, groin, under the arm, legs and so much more. But the only thing I don’t like about this Wahl 79524-2501 is the voltage; it works with only 120 volts, and that cuts out people who leave in zones with 220 volts.
- Self Sharpening:- By default, all Wahl haircut clippers have self sharpening blades. This feature puts Wahl at the top of ladder, I can see other brands like OSTER and ANDIS trying to compete with Wahl, but I guess none of them can do something close to what Wahl does. So even though you buy a cheap Wahl clipper, you will be sure of good performance and results.
- High-carbon steel blades:- It does not matter how thick / course your beards are, this hair clipper will cut through it with ease. Nothing can stop these high-carbon steel blades as long as its hair. Just set the right shaving length and enjoy a close clean shave of your life.
- 11 Styling & Guide Combs:- When using Wahl 79524-2501, start with the largest comb guide, it will trim hair to a reasonable length, please don’t go from long to super short in one second. Take your time when shaving, that is the only way you can get a good haircut. After using the largest comb guide, adjust to a medium one and then end with the smallest, this will give you an even shave. When using this hair clipper, be gentle and slow, it is not advisable to use too much pressure when shaving with a hair clipper.
6. TRYM II – The Rechargeable Modern Hair Clipper Kit
For quite some time, we have been tied to corded hair clippers, to me that is a thing of the past, even though brands like Wahl, Oster and Andis still produce corded hair clippers, I think with time, people will shift to cordless rechargeable clippers like this TRYM II. However, this model is more of a personal product, I doubt if it can be used in barber shops for commercial purposes, so if you’re a barber looking for the best hair clipper for your new small business, I suggest you try out Wahl Clippers, so far they’re the best when it comes to massive hair cutting business. The cordless and rechargeable option favors individuals and small families. With that in mind, let’s see what makes this TRYM II the best selling hair clipper online.
- Rechargeable & Cordless:- These two features make it the best hair clipper on this list. As you scroll down, you will notice that majority of hair clippers featured here are not cordless and they can’t be recharged. You have to be glued to one shaving area and that is not a cool thing. Even though most of them are powerful and they perform really well, but their failure to be rechargeable & cordless makes them worthless, if not that, I would have granted Wahl 79300-400 this position. TRYM II comes with a charging station which sits comfortably on a flat surface in your bathroom, please remember to charge the clipper fully before using it.
- Unltra Sleek Design:- Some time the design and looks of a product contribute to its popularity. There is very little innovation in the hair clippers world, so any small twist in a product design can win you clients. The sleek design and shiny black exterior will add value to your bathroom. It is time you enrich the look of your bathroom with a well designed sleek hair trimmer. Match it with compatible bathroom accessories and have a perfect grooming experience.
- Professional-grade metal blades:- It does not matter whether you have thick / course beards, this hair clipper will maneuver through that thick beard the same way it does when shaving a fine beard. It’s metal blades are very strong & sharp, TRYM II has crafted them for excellent cutting and they will never pull or snag your hair.
7. Oster Professional 76023-510 Hair Clipper
I guess we have enough of Wahl Clippers, It’s time we give a chance to OSTER, they also make some good hair clippers and I think It’s cool to mix this review with different brands, though some brands will always out compete others, it’s a business thing. OSTER Fast Feed 76023510 has a customer rating of 4.4 out 5 via Amazon and that is pretty good, reviews are still below 1000, but that should not stop you from owning one. When I look at its shape, it looks okay to me, though I can’t compare it with Wahl clipper shapes, this OSTER has no curve in-between the head and bottom, so holding for a long time might not be that easy, the flat shape affects its grip, but let’s look at its features:
- Whisper Quiet Pivot Motor:– I guess we should start with this feature, how does the silence of the motor affect the performance of a hair clipper? Nice question….The sound the motor makes will not affect the performance of the shaver, but it will add / reduce on its friendliness towards the end user. Everyone loves silence especially when it comes to head shaving, I just can’t imagine a clipper which makes lots of noise when shaving my head, I’m sure I can’t use it for more than 1 second, because too much noise can cause you a headache. OSTER Fast Feed 76023510 has a silent Pivot Motor which makes it user friendly.
- Adjustable Blades:- When shaving your head, you might need to make a cool haircut, so these adjustable blades and the 4 guide combs will help you do that. If you have lots of hair on your head, you should consider trimming it short before making any style / shaving it all off. You can do this by attaching a guide comb on the shaving head, choose the right length setting and start shaving. Once your hair is trimmed to an even level, you change that guide comb and opt for a smaller guide comb and continue shaving. However, you should use guide combs basing on the style of hairstyle you want to have, but every time you change a guide comb, adjust the blades as well.
- Cuts through all Hair types:- Good news, it does not matter if your hair is dry / wet / thick/ long/ short/ course or anything related, this clipper will maneuver through it like a lawn mower.
WHAT TO LOOK FOR WHEN BUYING AN ELECTRIC HAIR CLIPPER?
Shopping for a good hair clipper In 2015 might seem simple and easy because I have already sorted them out for you on this list. But that is not the end of the game, you need to know some basics as you plan to shop for any of these products:
- Motor Speed:- I will say this again, the speed of the motor highly determines the performance and efficiency of that hair clipper. Before making a purchase, read product description, it always states the Motor speed, if they say it’s very fast, then that is a good clipper. The speed of the motor will determine how fast blades move and that will also determine if the clipper will be in position to shave thick / course hair in a very short period of time.
- Cord Length:- Majority of good hair clippers have cords, they can’t work unless when plugged into power. Very few of them are rechargeable that is to why I argue you to consider the length of the power cord. If its long enough, you will have the freedom to shave from any position without pulling / stretching the cord.
- Durability of Guide Combs:- Shaving guide combs are always plastic and they are used for trimming hair. However, each guide comb has its own length cutting settings; you can’t alternate them to get the same results. So, you have to be very particular on those guide combs. The only problem, you can’t know their durability when shopping online, however, the best solution is to read through customer reviews, if you see any complain about guide combs, shy away from that purchase and choose another highly rated hair clipper.
- Blade Sharpness:- When you read through product description, you will see sentence talking about the type of blades that clipper has. Metal sharp blades are very nice; they can cut through any thick beard. If that clipper has self sharpening blades, think no further, just place the buy button, because you will not do any blade sharpening and the clipper will always be ready for a serious shaving challenge.
- Maintenance Issues:- Before buying that nice looking fancy hair clipper, check Ebay and see if they have spare parts and related accessories, if they don’t have them, move onto another hair clipper. No matter how durable a clipper might be, you will need to replace some parts, oil it every now and then. The availability of spare parts and related accessories will make that clipper consumer friendly.
- Design & Grip: – I’m sure this is the first thing every buyer will look out for, the design and shape of a hair clipper will determine its usability and performance to a certain extent. The clipper must have a nice shape & grip, easy to hold and it’s supposed to be light weight, because there is possibility of shaving the all body using a hair clipper and that process will take a while, so you need to have something easy to hold and use for longer hours.