What Is The Best Rice Cooker – 2017 Detailed Reviews
(Updated – 2017) .….If you use traditional cooking methods to prepare rice, you will need to monitor and attend to your rice more often than it would be if you used a good rice cooker. If your rice is not cooked for enough time it will be half-cooked and not tasty (that will be a waste). On the other hand, rice cookers do most of the job for you, since most of them are programmable.
Basic models like; Oyama CFS-F12B 7 Cup Rice Cooker (featured in position 9) can cook your rice evenly and on time. The other good thing is that premium models like; Instant Pot IP-DUO60 7, Zojirushi NP-NVC10 and Hamilton Beach Digital can be used to cook other foods; so owning any of those three models will save you lots money because you can use them for other purposes.
OUR BEST CHOICES – 2017
- Instant Pot IP-DUO60 7-in-1 Programmable Pressure Cooker – Check Price on Amazon********This is a 7-in1 Multi functional cooker. You can easily program it to get the exact results you want. It features an Automatic keep warm which keeps your rice warm for a long time after cooking it – A slow cook funtion – Dual Pressure Settings for flexible rice cooking – 14 Micro-Processor controlled programs from which you can choose from to prepare the best dish of rice…..UL and ULC certified……( inner pot capacity is 6Qt )
- Zojirushi NS-LAC05XT Micom 3-Cup Rice Cooker– Check Price on Amazon****If you’re searching for a Japanese Rice Cooker – This is the best choice for you. It has a 3 cup capacity which makes 6 cups of well cooked rice. Its cooking functions include: White/Mixed, Sushi, Porridge, Brown, and Quick Cooking. The Brown Rice Cooking function will make it very easy for you to cook the best brown rice. It has a very small footprint so it will take up a very small space on your counter space. The Keep Warm feature will keep your brown / white rice for at least 24hours…
- Hamilton Beach Digital Simplicity Rice Cooker and Steamer– Check Price on Amazon ****Capacity – 7 cups of uncooked rice and 14 cups of Cooked rice. Well Priced’..’.Capable of cooking rice, beans, whole grains, rice mixes and flavored pasta…
- Panasonic SR-G06FG Automatic 3.3 Cup Rice Cooker– Check Price on Amazon****It is not good at preparing Brown Rice but it can prepare white rice very well. It has a see through glass so you can easily see what you’re cooking
- Aroma 8-Cup (Cooked) Digital Rice Cooker– Check Price on Amazon*****BEST SELLING RICE COOKER*****This is the most affordable premium rice cooker on this list. It has all basic features required to prepare the best dish. Features include: Automatic Keep Warm, Programmable Digital Controls, White Rice, Brown Rice, Delay Cooking Timer and a Nonstick inner cooking pot. – Capacity ”8 cups of cooked rice” – just enough for an average sized family……
- What Is The Best Slow Cooker
- What Is The Best Pressure Cooker
- What Is The Best Food Processor
- What Is The Best Air Fryer
- What Is The Best Turkey Fryer
- What Is The Best Microwave Oven
- What Is The Best Dishwasher
WHAT TO LOOK FOR WHEN SHOPPING FOR A GOOD RICE COOKER?
On this list I have featured all types of rice cookers but the most rated ones include; Instant Pot IP-DUO60, Power Pressure Cooker XL 8 Quart, Zojirushi NS-LAC05XT, Zojirushi NP-NVC10, Hamilton Beach Digital Simplicity and Panasonic SR-G06FG. Some of these models can be used to prepare other dishes other than rice. But Zojirushi is basically made for rice cooking and it is a programmable model which you can set and forget. Now that you know some of the top rated models, let us see what you should always look for when buying / upgrading from an ordinary rice cooker to a premium model.
- Capacity / Size:- These appliances differ in size and capacity. They measure there capacity by cups. For example, small models like Zojirushi NS-LAC05XT can take up to 3-cups (only suitable for single people or a very small family of about 3-4 people) – on the other hand, large capacity models like Instant Pot IP-DUO60 have a capacity of 6 quarts (can be used to serve a family of 7-8 people).
- Design / Build Quality:- These appliances come in different shapes but the most notable shapes include; pot style and egg shaped style. A good example of a pot style rice cooker is Instant Pot IP-DUO60 and the egg shaped model is ”Zojirushi NP-NVC10”. In terms of build quality, look for a model with a stainless steel cooking pot because stainless steel heats up so fast so your rice will be cooked in a very short period of time. If you choose a programmable model, it should have a wide-easy-to-use control panel.
- Safety:- This is a crucial factor everyone should consider when shopping for these kitchen appliances because they use both steam & pressure to cook your rice, so any mistake you make while the rice cooker is in use can result into a big disaster. Premium models like ”Instant Pot IP-DUO60 7-in-1 Programmable Pressure Cooker & Zojirushi NP-NVC10 Induction Heating Pressure Cooker have good safety features. For example, Instant Pot IP-DUO60 7 features a safety lid lock which prevents accidental opening of the appliance when it is in use, a Smart detection of leaky lid which notifies you when steam is escaping from the pot. and an automatic pressure controller which regulates pressure inside the cooking pot. All these safety features make the appliance worth using at home.
- Performance– The main purpose of using these appliances is to get the best cooked rice (not burnt, over cooked, half cooked). With that in mind, look for a model which can be programmed to avoid / reduce human errors. I know programmable models might cost you more but you will have the freedom of attending to other things as your rice is being prepared. When you use a fuzzy logic rice cooker, your rice will be cooked in the right time at the right temperature. So it will be tasty and evenly cooked.
LIST OF 10 BEST RICE COOKERS – 2017
1. Instant Pot IP-DUO60 7-in-1 Programmable Pressure Cooker
In position 1, we have Instant Pot IP-DUO60 7-in-1 Programmable Pressure Rice Cooker. It is a dual purpose pressure cooker (you can use it to cook just about anything) so it does not limit you on what to cook. In the introduction of this post, I said that buying a dual purpose pressure cooker can save you lots of cash and it will also give you the opportunity to try out different dishes without spending too much money and wasting too much time. This multi-use programmable pressure cooker is safe, convenient and dependable. You can use it to cook different types of rice.
- 7-in-1 Multi functional cooker:- I’m sure this feature is what makes it the best selling electric pressure cooker on Amazon. You can use it as a pressure cooker, rice cooker, canner, yogurt maker, slow cooker, steamer and warmer. The ability to perform more than 3 tusks makes it our best choice. (Good product for money)
- Faster Cooking:- Rice does not take long to cook even when you use traditional methods, however, this rice pressure cooker will save up to 70% time and energy. Now, who of you does not want to save time / energy? I guess no one. In most cases when I use gas and a normal pan to cook my rice, it takes long and I use too much gas. But a rice cooker is very fast because it uses both heat & steam to evenly boil your rice. Since heat is evenly distributed within the cooker, your rice will be ready in minutes and you will use less energy / gas.
- Convenient 14 Built in programs:- There is a lot to choose from when using Instant Pot IP-DUO60. For example; you can choose from low – high pressure (this will depend on the type of rice you want to prepare). For those who like steamed rice, you can choose the steam option, yet those who like porridge rice, there’s Porridge functionality for you. I will mention all the 14 built-in features in the specs section / in a detailed review of this product.
- Clean & Pleasant:- Since this model uses steam to boil your rice, you will see no smoke in your kitchen and hear no noise. It operates smoothly and quietly. Yet your meal will be ready in a few minutes.
- Makes tasty rice & meals:- Steam pressure cookers are very good at preparing tasty & nice smelling rice because they extract and preserve the all nutrients from all ingredients put in your rice. Nothing will be put to waste. On the other hand, you should take advantage of various rice recipe books and learn how to prepare different dishes.
- 10 Proven Safety Mechanisms:- Rice cookers have evolved with time, In the past people used to get pressure cooker accidents due to lack of efficient safety mechanisms, however, as time went on, companies like Instant pot devised ways on how to make a pressure cooker safe and efficient. This model has 10 safety mechanisms to ensure that no accident happens when its in use. For example, if too much pressure / steam builds-up inside the pot, a pressure / steam release valve (gauge) will let go of that steam hence making the cooker safe for use at home. Below is a list of these 10 proven safety mechanisms:
- Pressure regulator protection unit (this regulates pressure inside the cooking pot)
- Excess pressure protection unit (takes care of excess pressure which builds up inside the pot)
- Anti-Blockage Vent (prevents both pressure and steam from escaping)
- Leaky Lid Protection (makes sure no part of the cooker leaks)
- Extreme temperature & power protection
- Safety Lid Lock
- Automatic Pressure control
- Automatic Temperature control
- High Temperature warning.
- Electrical current and temperature fuse cuts off power (this comes into play when current or internal temperature exceeds safety limits)
”With all those 10 safety features; Instant Pot IP-DUO60 is a worry-free rice cooker everyone should have in their homes”
CAPACITY & POWER:- Instant Pot IP-DUO60 is a 6 quart cooker (24 cups), this makes it ideal for large families of about 5 – 7 people. In terms of power, it uses 1000 watts, this makes it a very powerful rice cooker. With this kind of power, your meal will be ready in 3 – 5 minutes
- Advanced microprocessor technology
- 14 built-in programs and these include: Slow cook, Rice, Multigram, Porridge, Meat/Stew, Bean/Chili, Soup, Saute, Steam, Keep-warm, Poultry, Rice wine, Yogurt and Pasteurize.
- 2 Pressure settings
- 3 adjustable modes making it easy for you to customize the performance of the cooker.
- 3-Ply Bottom stainless steel cooking pot and steam rack.
- Dish washer safe which makes it very easy to clean. (please always clean your pressure cooker after using it)
- Manual setting feature – you can extend cooking time to get desired results.
- Delay cooking timer (24 hour)
- Also comes with a free recipe book and a user manual teaching you how to use this rice cooker properly & safely.
- 10 proven safety mechanisms
- UL and ULC certified
- Highly energy efficient
- Zojirushi NS-LAC05XT Micom 3-Cup Rice Cooker
In position 2 we have Zojirushi NS-LAC05XT Micom 3-Cup Rice Cooker, its is a stainless steel cooker & food warmer. The reason I have featured this Micom 3-cup rice cooker in position 2 is because of its good price. It does not look as fancy as Zojirushi NP-NVC10 Induction Heating Pressure Cooker (featured in position 3) but NP-NVC10 comes at a big price and majority of you might find that expensive for a small price cooker like NP-NVC10.
CAPACITY:- Zojirushi NS-LAC05XT is a 3-cup capacity rice cooker, which is pretty enough for a small family of 2 – 3 people. I like the fact that it looks small yet it can cook more rice than what you would expect.
COOKING FUNCTIONS:- Unlike Zojirushi NS-LAC05XT which features lots of cooking functions, this model has a few essential functions and these include; White/Mixed, Sushi, Porridge, Brown, and Quick Cooking. Since it has Brown rice cooking function, you can easily use it to make the best brown rice. But at the same time it can cook white rice, sushi and porridge rice.
Zojirushi NS-LAC05XT is an automatic rice cooker. It can make upto 3 cups of well cooked rice. You can extend its keep warm settings so that your rice stays warm for a long period of time; This is a nice feature for busy people. Not necessarily that you have to eat your rice immediately after cooking. Use the keep warm feature and get back to work, you will get served warm and fresh tasty rice when you need it without re-warming it again. It uses a microchip to think for you (microcomputer technology), some of the things it can do on its own is to adjust cooking time and temperature basing on the type of rice you’re cooking.
TEMPERATURE CONTROL:- Its MICOM feature fine tunes temperature and it adjusts it according to the type of rice being prepared. This feature makes Zojirushi NS-LAC05XT different from conventional cookers which simply turns on and off in reaction to temperature changes.
- Small footprint – (9-1/8 by 11-7/8 by 7-1/2 inches) fits very well on a small kitchen counter top.
- Beautiful design, it will add value to your kitchen
- Micro computerized Fuzzy-Logic technology
- Spherical inner cooking pan
- 3-Cup (uncooked rice) capacity.
- Colored LCD screen
- Detachable and washable inner lid
- Different Menu Settings: (White/Mixed Sushi, Porridge, Brown, and Quick Cooking.)
- Automatic Keep-Warm settings
- cETLus listed
- Zojirushi NP-NVC10 Induction Heating Pressure Cooker
In position 3 we have Zojirushi NP-NVC10 Induction Heating Pressure Cooker, this is not my first time to review or list this product, so I will not say too much about it but we shall look at some relevant features on this induction heating rice cooker. Judging from its design and size (8.6 inches x 15.4 inches x 10.1 inches), it can prepare rice for only 2 – 4 people. After doing some extensive research on Amazon I noticed that Zojirushi rice cookers are highly rated, however, the only issue I have with them is size & pice. It seems most them can only take in 5 cups of uncooked rice, much as that might seem like enough for a small family of 2 – 4 people, it might not be enough for a big family of 6 – 10 people. Other than the size issue, the rest seems perfect.
Zojirushi NP-NVC10 works as a rice cooker & warmer, but you can as well use it to cook other foods. It is a programmable induction heating pressure cooker which heats rice from all sides so that its evenly cooked. Since it has a small foot print, you can easily place it anywhere on the counter top.
COOKING BROWN RICE:- You can easily cook brown rice using Zojurushi NP-NVC10. The process is almost the same as cooking white rice however a few things might be done differently. Zojurushi NP-NVC10 has multi-menu cooking functions from which you can choose from when cooking rice, one of these functions is GABA brown, and this function makes it very easy to cook brown rice. It also has Umami setting which extends soaking and steaming time for better rice. On the other hand if you want crispy golden brown rice; you can choose the scorch setting….
MADE FROM JAPAN:- Zojurushi is a Japanese multinational electronics company, they are the makers of Zojurushi NP-NVC10. So if you have been looking for the best Japanese rice cooker; look no further than this. I have also featured another Zojurushi cooker in position 2. You can compare both of them and choose one for your home. At least in terms of customer rating, both models have a good rating but there price differs.
4. Hamilton Beach Digital Simplicity Rice Cooker and Steamer
In position 4 we have Hamilton Beach Digital Simplicity Rice Cooker and Steamer. One thing I know about Hamilton Beach appliances is good price. I have reviewed many of their products but I noticed that majority of their top rated products come at a very good price, for this reason many buyers with limited budgets prefer Hamilton Beach appliances to other brands. This model features a digital control panel which makes it very easy to use and its 14-cup (cooked rice) capacity makes it the best rice pressure cooker for big families. You can easily select cooking functions (white rice / quick rice & whole grain) and let it do the rest.
Other functions you might have interest in include; delay time, heat/simmer, steam cook and keep warm which maintains the temperature and warmth of your rice. Hamilton Beach Digital Simplicity Rice Cooker can be used to prepare steamed rice, cook beans, whole grains, flavored pasta and rice mixes. It also has a steaming tray which you can use to prepare vegetables, dumplings and so much more.
- Panasonic SR-G06FG Automatic 3.3 Cup Rice Cooker
In position 6 we have Panasonic SR-G06FG Automatic rice cooker. It is a high quality small rice cooker with a capacity of 3.3 cups of uncooked rice. By default Panasonic makes some of the best appliances on the market so I have no doubt in SR-G06FG ‘s performance. Most of their products are tested before released on the market, this ensures accuracy and non-stop performance. Panasonic SR-G06FG has an automatic cooking and shutoff system, so you don’t have to be glued to your cooker waiting for your rice to get ready. It has a see-through glass lid which makes it easy to view what you’re cooking.
”NOT FOR COOKING BROWN RICE”:- It is quite unfortunate, you can’t cook brown rice with this model. According to Panasonic, this model is not recommended for cooking Brown Rice and you’re recommended to clean your rice very well before cooking with Panasonic SR-G06FG. Since I love Panasonic cookers, I’m quite disappointed that I can’t make my favorite ”Brown Rice” with this affordable small rice cooker.
ACCESSORIES INCLUDED:- After making your purchase, you will get a few accessories for free and these include; a measuring cup which you can use to measure rice (this model can hold 3.3 cups of uncooked rice), Rice scoop (use this when scooping cooked rice out of the pot and a free user manual to help you learn how to use this rice cooker safely.
WHAT IT COOKS? – Basically Panasonic SR-G06FG automatic cooker is for cooking rice, it can be used to create light, fluffy, restaurant rice which should be served as a side dish. On other hand, you can use it to prepare Sticky rice, Spanish rice, hearty wild rice and creamy rice. Much as it is small, it can be used to prepare different types of rice (except brown rice). Since it is automatic; busy moms and dads will love it because it takes care of the cooking process, all you have to do is to wash your rice, put it in the pot, measure the right water, cover the cooker, plug it in power and switch on the button. After that, focus on what matters most as you wait for your rice to get ready.
SIZES:- The size featured in this post can accommodate only 3 cups, but you can also get this model in other sizes and these include; 6-cup, 10-cup, or 20-cup cooked-rice capacity. The 3-cup size is great for single people and small families of at least 3 people. But if you have a large family, you should opt for a 10-cup / 20-cup model.
- Cooked rice capacity – 6 cups
- Uncooked rice capacity – 3.3 cups
- Silver color
- Nonstick-coated aluminum inner cooking pan
- Automatic cooking and automatic shut-off
- 310 watts
- Dimension (9-5/8 x 7-3/4 x 8-1/4)
HOW TO USE A RICE COOKER?
It is very easy to use a rice cooker (for the first time) and once you get the basics right, all will be smooth. Most of these rices cookers are programmable and they can keep your rice warm for quite some good time. You don’t have to monitor your rice all the time because they have an automatic switch which switches off the cooker and makes an alert sound when the all cooking process is done.
- Step 1:- Start by measuring rice:- You have to know how much rice you need to put in the pot. All pots have markings on them showing how many cups of rice they can take, so you have to be aware of that. After measuring the cups you need to cook; get to know the exact amount of water to put in that rice. For example, 1 cup of rice might require you to use 2 cups of water.
- Step 2:- Rinse your rice:- This will depend on where you bought your rice from. But as a healthy precaution, I highly suggest you wash and rinse your rice very well. In most cases it is treated with chemicals and it gets dirty during the packaging process. So wash it well with clean water ……..continue reading…….
- Aroma Professional 12-Cup (Cooked) Digital Rice Cooker
In position 7 we have Aroma Professional 12-Cup (Cooked) Digital Rice Cooker. I’m impressed by this rice cooker’s capacity, it can serve a big family very well. I give it credit for that.. It has a similar shape like Zojirushi NP-NVC10 but what makes them different is capacity and functionalities. Judging from its 12-cup capacity and build quality, this cooker has been well priced. It is an easy-to-use automatic digital rice cooker with a keep-warm feature to keep your rice warm for a long period of time. You can use it to prepare brown rice, white rice and steamed rice.
SENSOR LOGIC TECHNOLOGY:-Aroma digital rice cooker uses a unique sensor Logic Technology which thinks for the cooker. This micro-computer system automatically switches the cooker to a keep-warm status after cooking your rice so you don’t have to monitor it all the time. This same technology optimizes cooking temperature thus enhancing the flour and texture of your rice.
STEAM TRAY:-It also has a steam tray which you can use to steam vegetables and meat, even when rice is being cooked below. This steam tray saves you time and it helps prepare rice and steamed meat / vegetables at the same time.
CLEANING:- After cooking with this appliance, remove the inner cooking pot and all related accessories for a quick cleanup in a dishwasher.
- 4 to 12 cups of any variety of cooked rice
- 6 cups of uncooked rice
- Digital controls
- Automatic Keep-Warm
- Saute-Then-Simmer function
- Steams meat and vegetables while rice cooks below
- Sensor Logic® technology
7. Aroma 8-Cup (Cooked) Digital Rice Cooker
In position 7 we have Aroma 8-Cup (Cooked) Digital Rice Cooker and Food Steamer. So far it is marked as the best selling rice cooker on AMAZON. It is the cheapest rice cooker featured on this list. Combining good price and functionality has made this digital rice cooker a winner on Amazon. In terms of capacity, it holds 2 to 8 cups of cooked rice so you can use it to serve a medium sized family of around 3 – 7 people. Since this will be your first time to use this model, you have to cook rice using the cup that comes with this product.
DIGITAL:- This is an automatic rice cooker. It is equipped with a digital control panel which features essential functions such as; Delay timer, keep-warm (use this function to keep your rice warm after cooking it), Brown rice (use this function when preparing brown rice, it will customize the cooker for that particular dish), White Rice (this function is for cooking rice only), Steam (opt for this feature when you want to steam your vegetables / meat. It can also be used to prepare steamed rice).
VERSATILE: Not only does Aroma cook rice, it can also be used to prepare all sorts of soups, jambalaya, chili and so much more. It works as a pressure cooker, so buy a recipe book for pressure cookers and try them out with this quiet & efficient appliance.
ACCESSORIES:- At a onetime fee, you will get lots of accessories plus this Aroma digital 8-cup rice cooker and these include; a steam tray to help you prepare vegetables and meat while cooking your rice, a rice measuring cup to help you measure the right amount of rice cups and a serving spatula (you can use this accessory to serve cooked rice to your family.
MODELS:- As I was doing my research on Amazon, I found another version of this model and it also comes at a good price, it is called Aroma 20-cup (cooked) Digital Rice cooker & steamer. The only difference it has is Large Capacity” which is 20 cups. So if the 8 cup can’t serve your family as desired, you should opt for a 20-cup model. Other functions and features are the same.
DIMENSIONS:- Aroma Digital Rice Cooker and food steamer has a small foot print of ”8.7 inches x 8.5 inches x 9.3 inches”. It can easily fit on a small kitchen counter-top. If I compare it with Aroma Simply Stainless 6 cup (cooked) rice cooker which has a foot print of ”10.3 inches x 8.2 inches x 8.1 inches” our Aroma Digital is smaller. So if you’re looking for a small and affordable digital rice cooker, look no further than this, Aroma Digital is our best choice for you.
DELAY TIMER FUNCTION:- You will see a Delay Timer button on the digital control panel, this function is for people on the go. All you have to do is to place rice in the cooker and set a Delay Timer to prepare your rice when it is needed. This means if you’re living your house early in the morning and you plan to have your lunch from home at 1:00pm, you set the delay timer to start cooking your rice at 12:45pm so that by the time you reach home at 1:00pm, you find your rice ready. This is an amazing feature, but make sure you leave rice in the cooker, it should also have enough water. Close the cooker very well and leave it pluged in power.
- Capacity 2 to 8 cups of cooked rice
- Steams meat & vegetables while cooking rice (all done at the same time)
- Easy to clean
- 15-hour Delay Timer
- Digital control panel
- Start & End button
- Removable steam tray (for easy cleaning)
RELATED:- How To Cook Rice In A Rice Cooker
- Aroma Simply Stainless 3-Cup(Uncooked) 6-Cup (Cooked) Rice Cooker
In position 8 we have Aroma Simply Stainless 3-Cup(Uncooked) 6-Cup (Cooked) Rice Cooker. Since it can hold 6 cups of cooked rice, it can serve a medium sized family of 2 – 4 people. According to our list, this is the 3rd Aroma rice cooker to be featured here, this brand dominance shows me that people like the brand and they like how their products perform. The other good thing about Aroma cookers is price. Non of them is priced above 70 dollars yet they really do a good job.
CAPACITY:- Aroma Simply Stainless rice cooker comes in different sizes but each of these sizes has an independent price. (1) 6-cup capacity – . (2) 14-cup capacity – 20-cup capacity . If you look at this price pattern; you will notice that the larger the cooker the more expensive it is. But even the largest model (20-cup) does not cost more than $55. In my opinion, if you have a big family or you’re planning on having kids, you should opt for the big size so that you don’t spend money again on a rice cooker. If Aroma is handled well, it can work for more than 10 years.
COOKING POT QUALITY:- Just like its name ”Simply Stainless” – its cooking pot is completely made of surgical-grade 304 stainless steel. Nothing can get stuck in that pot; it heats up so fast so your rice will be ready in a few minutes and it is very easy to clean. It has a glass cover which enables you to see what is going on inside the pot when cooking.
TECHNOLOGY:- Much as it looks like a simple rice cooker, it has a simple one-touch operation system which features an automatic keep-warm function that keeps your rice warm after cooking. This model somehow resembles Panasonic SR-G06FG featured in position 5 though you can use Aroma Simply stainless to prepare brown rice yet you can’t do the same with Panasonic SR-G06FG.
CLEANING:- It is advisable to clean the that cooking pot after preparing your rice. Good news is that this model features a removable cooking pot which you can easily remove for quick cleaning via the sink / in the dishwasher
RELATED:- How To Make Steamed Rice
9. Oyama CFS-F12B 7 Cup Rice Cooker
In position 9 we have Oyama CFS-F12B 7 Cup Rice Cooker. It is a stainless steel cooker (very strong and durable). This 7-cup capacity rice cooker can serve a big family of 4 – 6 people. It has the same design like Aroma 8-cup Digital rice cooker and they also share the same price tag. Oyama CFS-F12B 7 has an all stainless steel cooking surface and it also features a stainless steel steamer tray which you can use to steam vegetables & meat. Another interesting function that you would like on this model is a keep warm function; this one makes sure that your rice stays warm for 24 hours.
RELATED:- How To Maintain A Rice Cooker
- Cuisinart CRC-800 8-Cup Rice Cooker
In position 10 we have Cuisinart CRC-800 8-Cup Rice Cooker. The design and shape of this rice cooker is quite different from all models featured on this list. You can use this model to cook and steam rice / vegetables and meat. This square shaped modern brushed stainless steel pressure cooker comes in two sizes and each size has its own price. If you’re single you can opt for a 4-cup model but if you have a big family, you can opt for a big model 8-cup.
FUNCTIONALITY:- Cuisinart CRC-800 features an automatic switch to warm function which keeps your rice warm once cooking is done. Good news is that all selected 10 best rice cookers featured on this list have this KEEP-WARM function. So which ever model you opt for will keep your rice warm for between 12 – 24 hours.
RELATED:- How To Use A Microwave Rice Cooker
HOW TO CHOOSE A RICE COOKER?
If you’re reading this section, it means you have gone through the all list of 10 best toasters on the market. However, you might still be confused on how to choose the right toaster for your home even after going through this summarized list. But it’s human to get confused, so let me help you make the right decision by pointing out some of the key factors you should look for when buying a toaster online / offline.
- SIZE:- All rice cookers are measured in cup capacity. This means you have to buy a cooker which fits your family size. If you’re single, you you look at a 3 cup capacity rice cooker but if you have a family of about 4 – 6 people, you should look at a rice cooker with 8-cup capacity. On the other hand, you might be single as of now but with a plan to marry and have kids very soon, so the best idea is to buy a large capacity rice cooker (8-12 cups) so that you don’t bother buying one when the family expands.
- FOOT PRINT:- You should choose a rice cooker basing on the size of your kitchen counter-top. If its small, opt for a small rice cooker like Zojirushi NS-LAC05XT but if you have enough space on your kitchen counter-top, opt for any size which seems okay with you.
- INNER POT:- This is something you should consider when buying your first rice cooker. They all come with custom inner pots (where you put your rice for cooking). But it should adsorb heat very fast and it has to be very easy to clean. Most premium rice cookers have surgical stainless steel inner pots – these are very easy to clean and they heat up so fast.
- KEEP WARM:- This is a basic function which both cheap & expensive rice cookers have. It keeps your rice warm for at 12 – 24 hours after cooking it.
- SAFETY:- I’m sure you have had of pressure cooker accidents. To avoid this mess, choose a cooker with various safety mechanisms, a good example is ”Instant Pot IP-DUO60 7-in-1 Programmable Pressure Rice Cooker’’; it has 10 safety mechanisms to ensure nothing goes wrong.
- VERSATILE:- Choose a rice cooker which can be used to cook & steam rice and other related foods. I know majority of you love Brown rice, make sure the cooker you’re adding to cart can prepare brown rice very well.
This marks the end of this detailed review on ‘’Best Rice Cookers – 2017 . I will revise this post as time goes on. Keep on checking.