What Is The Best Shaving Brush – Pure Badger Vs Synthetic Bristles
A good shaving brush will provide you with lots benefits, not only does it spread shaving soap / cream on your beards, but it also exfoliates the skin. However, you need to know how to use a shaving brush without hurting yourself, it looks like a very simple shaving accessory, but if you use it wrongly, it will irritate your skin. We have different types of shaving brushes and these include: Synthetic bristles, Boar bristles ,Pure badger bristles , Super Badger ,Silver tip badger, but in this review, I will cover only two types and these include Badger & Bristle brushes.
- Escali 100% Pure Badger Shaving Brush
So far, Escali is the best selling badger shaving brush on Amazon. It does not cost more than $15 yet it out competes most premium shaving brushes. Every-man should be in position to own this Escali 100% Pure Badger Shaving Brush. But if we ignore the lowest price tag, what exactly makes Escali as the best badger shaving brush in the world, is it really worth your money:
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Holds water and shaving cream very well:- When you use an ordinary shaving brush, you will notice that it does not keep water for a longer period and it does not hold shaving cream / soap evenly. However, Escali has100% Badger hair bristle which hold water and shaving cream very well hence providing you with a nice wet lather. The bristles are fine and soft, very friendly on skin and efficient on beards or any type of hair.
- Gently exfoliates the skin:- One of the benefits of using badger shaving brushes is skin exfoliation, they have fine and soft bristles which tickle the skin in a fan way. This process lifts up beards / hair making it very easy to shave and at the same time it helps keep your skin healthy.
- Creates a rich lather:- I’m sure all shaving brushes where crafted for this role, but not all of them do a good job. It really takes a very good badger shaving brush to get a rich lather, one which holds more shaving cream & water. So far Escali 100% Pure Badger Shaving Brush has scored 4.3 rating out of 5, but I think it deserves a 5 start rating because it works very well. However, some users say that it smells wired, but I guess everyone has their own test and preference, to me, it’s just a fine shaving brush, costs less and does a very good job.
2. Parker Safety Razor 100% Pure Badger Bristle Shaving Brush with Black Deluxe Handle:
I’m great fan of Parker shaving products, I own a Parker 99r safety razor and I like its grip, but I don’t own this bristle shaving brush, hope one of you owns it and tells us their experience with it, if you do, please use the commenting box below this post and share with us. This black deluxe Parker Safety Razor 100% Pure Badger Bristle Shaving Brush is premium and expensive than Escali, it’s crafted for men who want class and unique things, so if you’re that type of guy who wants extra ordinary shaving accessories, this is the best choice for you. It comes with a free stand, so after using it, clean it well with water and hang it on its free stand.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Good grip:- The over-sized brush knot (24mm) give the brush some weight which improves on its grip. By default, the brush weighs 7.2 ounces, when you put shaving cream / soap on it, the weight will increase a little bit. This increase in weight will prevent you from using too much pressure when applying shaving cream / soap on your beards which saves your skin from irritations.
- Holds water very well and leathers up very fast:- Parker safety razor bristle shaving brush has genuine pure badger bristles which trap and hold more water making it very easy to leather up your beards. With just a few strokes your beard will be covered with shaving cream.
- Free brush stand:- Just like Escali, also this Parker shaving brush comes with a stand which keeps the brush after use. Bristles will be left hanging in space which makes them dry out very fast and at the same time protects them from getting damaged. You should always hand your brush after rinsing out shaving cream from the brush.
3. Edwin Jagger Best Badger Shaving Brush With Drip Stand, Imitation Ivory
Edwin has ranked this Badger shaving brush as their best shaving brush. I have no idea why they term it as the ”best”, sometimes I shy away from products marked as the best especially by their manufactures, sometimes it’s just a catch. So let me review this Edwin Jagger badger shaving brush and see what really makes it different:
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Generates rich lather:- If possible you can use it with Edwin Jagger shaving cream / soap, it holds enough water and provides you with rich lather helping you shave very fast and smoothly.
- Good size & Weight:- It weighs only 3.5 ounces and it has a medium size which makes it easy to hold in both large and small hands. So, if you’re used to wet shaving, this is the ideal shaving brush for you.
- Lifts and softens beards:- Men with thick course hair, you need to use this type of shaving brush because it lifts and softens thick / course / longer hair making it very easy to shave either with a safety razor or electric shaver.
- 100% badger :- I’m sure everyone reading this list is looking for a badger brush. This Edwin Jagger is very good, it has a rating of 4.6 out of 5, this is a very good rating, so if you still have doubts buying it, read through customer reviews and see what everyone says about, I’m sure the information you will come across will give you a clear picture.
4. Parker Safety Razor 100% Pure Badger Bristle Shaving Brush with Rosewood Handle
I have already featured a Parker shaving brush in position 2, but what makes this one different is the rosewood handle. Many men complain about how shaving brushes smell due to poor quality wood used on handles. Parker had that in mind when designing this pure badger bristle shaving brush…the rosewood handle smells good and weighs only 2.1 ounces, it has a standard dimension of 2 x 4.8 inches making it very easy to hold in hands for a longer time. When using this type of shaving brush, you don’t have to use too much pressure, its bristles are soft by they can irritate your skin if you put too much pressure on it.
Wet shaving is very good for your skin; it will help you get a closer shave, less irritation and less ingrown hairs. Lathering up with a badger shaving brush might seem old school but it’s the best way of lathering-up.
5. Edwin Jagger Best Badger Shaving Brush With Drip Stand
I will end this review with this Edwin Jagger badger shaving brush. I have already featured Edwin Jagger in position 3, but the difference between the other Jagger in position 3 and this one is the Imitation Ivory and weight, otherwise, I don’t see any big difference. But the only thing I can assure you is that when you invest in a high quality it will last for long.