What Is The Best Water Filter System – 2017 Detailed Review
(Updated – 2017) .….There are different types of water filters on the market – ranging from counter-top filters, under the sink filters to whole house water filters. By default your house should have clean water which is free from impurities so that you don’t get limited from where to get that glass of drink water when you need it. The only reason why counter-top water filters are not so popular is because they purify less water and you can only access it from one center point. On the other hand, when you install a permanent under the sink / wall mounted water filtering system, it will purify more than 50 gallons of water which you can access via the tap / kitchen faucet.
In this post I have featured some of the most rated brands and these include; APEC, AQUASANA , HOME MASTER, WATTS & ISPRING. If you buy a high quality filtering system – the taste of your water will be good and at the same time you will be protected from harmful chemicals & contaminants found in untreated water. These devices have become very easy to install – if you read the manual very well you can install any of these systems in your house by yourself.
TOP 5 CONTENDERS – 2017
- Home Master TMHP HydroPerfection Undersink RO System – Check Price on Amazon********Premium Undersink Reverse Osmosis Water Filter System– If you have enough money to spend, this is the best RO water system I recommend to you. ******FEATURES****9 stage of filtration, purification and sterlization, IRON prefilter (this one protects R0 membrane), Ultraviolet light sterilization chamber(it destroys microorganisms), Permeate pump (it maximizes limited water pressure), Chanhe filters once a year / after using 2000 gallons, Full Contact Technology (it adds more minerals like Calcium & Magnesium into your water thus making it pure & tasty), 110v power supply, Reverse Osmosis Faucet, Drain Saddle, 5 year warranty…….****PROS****Easy to change filters, Easy to Install, Delivers great tasty water with added minerals, Better water efficiency, Faster flow rate
- APEC – Top Tier – Built in USA – Ultra Safe, Premium 5-Stage Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water Filter System – Check Price on Amazon********Best Seller In Under Sink Water Filters****FEATURES****ROES-50 reverse osmosis system (it guarantees you with high quality clean drinking water – it removes 99% of water contaminants), Carbon block filters (these absorb all contaminants in water thus living it pure and ready to drink), True Leak-Free fittings (you don’t need extra clippings to stop water from leaking)…….****PROS****No need of cleaning the tank, Perfect Reverse Osmosis water system, High quality build-up (made in USA), Very easy to install, Delivers great tasting water, Affordable
- Home Master TMAFC Artesian Full Contact Reverse Osmosis Under Counter Water Filtration System – Check Price on Amazon*****Top Rated Undersink Reverse Osmosis Water Filter System*****Home Master TMAFC is one of the best RO systems featuring an innovative design which solves most problems faces by reverse osmosis systems……*****FEATURES****Reverse Osmosis System7 water filtration stages, Easy to change water filters (these should be changed once a year / after using 2000 gallons), Full contact technology (this one adds minerals like calcium & magnesium in water thus improving on its taste), Faster flow rate, 3/8-inch feed-water adapter, Chrome RO faucet, Drain saddle..….****PROS****BPA free water tank, Ideal for families with children, delivers mineralized & pure clean water for drinking which tastes great, Easy to install, Excellent Performance……Good Price
- iSpring RCC7 – WQA Certified Reverse Osmosis 5-Stage 75GPD Under-Sink Water Filter – Check Price on Amazon*****Best Selling Hot & Cold Water Dispenser*****This is an Under The Sink Reverse Osmosis water filter system – it filters up to 99% of water pollutants thus delivering pure clean drinking water – ****FEATURES*** Reverse osmosis filtration Technology, Gold Seal Certification, Comes with a Faucet, tank dimension16 x 11 inches, System dimension ”17.5 x 14.5 x 5.25 inches”, 1-year limited warranty……*****PROS****Easy to install, Provide fresh & tasty water for drinking, Deliver fresh & clean water for Aquarium, Excellent Reverse Osmosis system (5 stars*****)……
- Aquasana AQ-5300.55 3-Stage Under Counter Water Filter System – Check Price on Amazon*****…Top Rated Under Counter Water Filter System………..******FEATURES*****3-Stage Under Counter Drinking Water Filter System, 600 gal Capacity, Pre-filter (this one captures sediments & at the same time reduces clogging for high sediment areas), Replace filters every afte 6 months, NSF certified, Battery life is 1590 hours, 1 year warranty….****PROS***It delivers pure clean tasty water ready for drinking, Fits well under the sink, Affordable
- What Is The Best Tankless Water Heater
- What Is The Best Kitchen Faucet
- What Is The Best Washing Machine
- What Is The Best Air Conditioner
- What Is The Best Portable Air Conditioner
- What Is The Best Dehumidifier
- What Is The Best Ceiling Fan
- What Is The Best Steam Inhaler
- What Is The Best Vacuum Cleaner
- What Is The Best Cordless Vacuum
- What Is The Best Vacuum Cleaner for pet hair
- What Is The Best Carpet Cleaner
- What Is The Best Space Heater
CHOOSING A WATER FILTER SYSTEM FOR YOUR HOME:
You have to consider various factors when shopping for a water filtering system for your home. Price is one thing that you always think of when you go shopping; but that is not enough. In brief let’s see what you should consider before making that final purchase decision.
- CONTAMINANTS FILTERED:- The main reason why you should install a water filtering system is to ensure your tap water is always clean and ready to drink. However, water pumped to our homes is contaminated by old pipes and taps installed in our homes so you need a system which can remove almost all contaminants. According to shopping experts – you should look for a system which is NSF Certified. This Certification will show you that the product has been fully tested by National Science Foundation (NSF) and it meets both health and safety guidelines and it is always tested to insure its quality does not deteriorate. A good water filter system will come with a performance sheet which indicates how it works and what it can do basing on NSF standards. You can easily know the percentage of contaminants that can be reduced / removed before spending your money.
- FEATURES & PERFORMANCE:- These systems perform in different ways, but always look for a filter which filters water in at least 3 different stages. By the time water has passed through the 3rd stage it will be ready for drink. Contaminants that are always found in water include; sediments, chemicals and residues from pipes & water tap. In addition to that, look for a system which regulates water pressure to normal; a good one should have a water pressure which ranges between 55 – 65 psi. If you opt for a system with a very high water pressure, it can damage water pipes and at the same time cause serious damages in your house worth thousands of dollars.
NOTE:- Much as you have bought a new water filter system – its filters have to be maintained and replaced in a period of 6 – 12 months. If you get a premium model, it will have notification system to alert you when the filters need replacement. ( I can relate this to filters found in our cars, every time you take your car for service, air & oil filters are replaced with new ones)
- BUILD UP QUALITY & DESIGN:- The size and shape of a water filter system is very crucial. It should not be bulky or large – otherwise it will be very difficult to install and maintain. Since most of these systems are installed under the counter-top / sink; there size has to be reasonable. If you read instructions that come with these systems, you will find it very easy to install these systems (this will save you lots of cash), but if you have no time or fail to do-it-by-yourself – call for an expert to help you out. May be the other thing that you have to consider is a system which is very easy to change a filter. It should be very easy to open, remove and replace the filter and close the system.
- HELP & SUPPORT:- When you buy any of these systems, it has to be covered under a warranty. During that covered period, you will be liable to free customer support at the same time you can return back the system and get a new replacement. I argue you to read through customer reviews posted on Ebay to see if verified customers have up-voted r / under rated customer support of that brand.
LIST OF 10 BEST WATER FILTER SYSTEMS – 2017 (Organized by Rating)
- APEC – Top Tier – Built in USA – Ultra Safe, Premium 5-Stage Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water Filter System #1 Best Seller in Under-Sink Water Filters
In position 1, we have APEC Premium 5-Stage Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water Filter System. This is the best selling Under-Sink water filter on Ebay. For starters, this system is compact – it can fit very well on a standard kitchen cabinet. It comes with a high quality lead free chrome faucet so you don’t have to worry about the quality of your drinking water anymore. APEC ROES-50 System offers you with unlimited tasty fresh water. You don’t have to buy purified water anymore at home, because it can remove 99% of all contaminants and some of the most notable contaminants it can remove include; Arsenic, Lead, Radium, Fluoride, Copper, Cadmium, Barium, Chromium, Chlorine, odor, toxic fluoride and so much more. Water filtered by this system can be used for making coffee, juice, tea, ice and cook food. If you want a clean glass of water – simply open the tap and fill the glass. Not only will APEC save you money – it will also save your life from water contaminated diseases like Typhoid. Now lets see what makes this brand / model worth our money:
SUPERIOR TASTE & REFRESHING WATER:- APEC Water Essence ROES-50 system saves you from drinking contaminated water. It delivers high quality reverse osmosis drinking water at a very good price. It is engineered to treat all types of water including; tap water, well water, soft and hard water at variable pressures and pH extremes. Apec uses the same filtration technology as bottled water companies use – so you don’t have to worry about the quality and taste of your water. It will eliminate 99% of all water contaminants using its high contaminant rejection system.
EASY TO INSTALL:- You should shop for a system you can install and maintain by yourself because it requires you to hire a plumber – that will be an added cost. APEC ROES-50 is very easy to install – you set it t once and forget about it. It has an automatic system which operates 24-7 and it will alert you when you need to replace filters.
5 FILTERING STAGES:- In the introduction of this post, I advised you opt for model with 3 + filtering stages. The more stages your water filtering system has – the better. APEC ROES-50 has 5 water filtering stages; 1st stage removes dust particles and rust thus extending the life span of the membrane & the system, 2nd Stage removes chlorine, odors, tastes, colors and other related chemicals. 3rd Stage removes more stubborn chemicals, 4th Stage deals with a wide variety of contaminants such as; arsenic, lead, bacteria, chromium, radium and so much more and lastly the 5th Stage (which is a coconut shell refines the water and removes any possible residuals to make the water tasty.
- Low Maintenance
- Industry Standard Design
- Durable:- ( It Has A Heavy Duty Construction And Also Comes With 1 Year Satisfaction Guarantee)
- WQA Certified (This Means It Has Been Tested For Home Use. It Is Noise Free & Its Water Pressure Is Standard)
- Premium Long-Lasting Filters (Saves You Money)
- Delivers Nice Tasting Water
- Made In The USA
- Home Master TMAFC Artesian Full Contact Reverse Osmosis Under Counter Water Filtration System
In position 2, we have Home Master TMAFC Artesian Full Contact Reverse Osmosis Under Counter Water Filtration System. This model should is stalled below the sink and it filters water thoroughly and makes it ready for consumption. This system has been tailored for home use; it solves most common problems which are associated with most RO systems. It features larger fittings and tubing as compared to traditional RO systems – this enables it to double the rate at which water flows thus serve you with adequate clean water on time. Other RO systems produce demineralized water which is highly pure but somewhat acidic and not tasty. TMAFC water twice to ensure no acids or chemicals remains in that water. Its remineralization system ensures that your water has a balanced PH before it goes to a storage tank. But at the same time, as it leaves the storage tank to the faucet, it adds small amounts of magnesium & calcium minerals to make the water slightly alkaline thus improving on its taste. As you open your tap via the sink, your water will taste like real mineral water.
This version has been upgraded to ”Home Master TMHP HydroPerfection Undersink RO System”. This system uses UV Light filters. This ultraviolet light filter is very effective when it comes to fighting micro organisms which can be cleaned / removed by traditional water filters. That is to why HydroProtection RO system is tagged as the best water system on the market – but it is highly priced (twice the price of TMAFC). So the mere fact that it destroys Micro organisms and removes iron – your bet should be put on this system.
IN BRIEF; LETS SEE WHAT MAKES THIS MODEL WORTH YOUR MONEY:
REMOVES 98% OF ALL CONTAMINANTS:- The main purpose of using a water filtering system in your house is to get pure clean water – close to that produced by water bottling companies (safe & ready for drinking at any time of the day). With that in mind, you have to choose a brand / model which meets NSF standards – that will indicate that it has been thoroughly tested by experts to ensure that it leaves no harmful chemicals / contaminants in your water. Good news is that Home Master TMAFC Artesian has a strong filtration system which removes almost 98% of all chemicals and contaminants. It uses a reverse osmosis system, sediments and carbon filtration to thoroughly filter & clean your water and then channel that water through a remineralization system which adds both calcium & magnesium minerals to make the water fresh and tasty.
SEVEN STAGES OF FILTRATION:- We have already seen in our introduction of this post that a good water filtering system should have more than 3 filtering stages. This ensures that water is thoroughly cleaned before its pumped in the reserve tank. Home master TMAFC has seven stages of filtration, each stage deals with certain type of chemicals and contaminants – so by the time water goes through the seventh stages, it is pure clean and ready for drinking. On the other hand, not only will it clean / remove contaminants from your water, it will also add essential minerals to improve on the taste of the water.
EASY TO CHANGE FILTERS:- Most traditional RO systems require you to use heavy tools to change water filters and at the same time you will need to use a lot of force to loosen the canister which is always hardened by minerals and contaminants. On the other hand, when it comes to Home Master Artesian, you will have full contact of water filters thus making it easy and simple to replace them. It has a modular design and push-in-fittings which secure the filters but are quick and painless to remove. In terms of duration, you will change filters once in a year / every after 2000 gallons.
FASTER FLOW RATE:- I’m sure you don’t want to spend too long on the tap waiting for that glass water to fill up. This model has been upgraded – its water flow rate is far much better than that of traditional RO Systems. So you will get served on time.
- Long lasting filters
- NSF & FDA Certified
- Cleans and removes 98% of all water contaminants & chemicals
- Adds essential chemicals to your water to improve on its taste
- 7 stages of water filtration
- Easy to maintain & change filters
- Exceptionally produces pure water
- Very easy to install (no need of calling a plumber)
- iSpring RCC7 – WQA Certified Reverse Osmosis 5-Stage 75GPD Under-Sink Water Filter
In position 3, we have iSpring RCC7 water system. It uses a 5 stage system to filter your water and it is also an under-sink water filtration system. In terms of price, this is one of the most affordable under-sink water filtration systems on the market. Not only is it well priced, it also has good customer ratings. At least people with limited budgets can also have a chance to drink safe & clean water. It is proudly built from USA and it has a WQA gold which shows that the product was tested and certified for home use. Unlike most traditional water systems on the market, you can easily monitor the performance if the system through its clear see-through housing and at the same time it has an automatic shut-off valve which saves water and at the same time extends the lifespan of the system. Its part list includes; RO machine (which works as the main machine), Storage Tank (which keeps filtered water), 3 Pre-filters. Drinking faucet, 4 color tubing set, Drain Saddle, Water Detector, Housing Wrenches, Tank Valve and a Feed water adapter.
Now that we have seen some of the essential parts of this model; Let us see what makes it ideal for your home. Is it really worth your investment?
5 FILTRATION STAGES:- We have already seen that a good water filtering system should have more than 3 filtering stages. Now much as this model is cheap – it meets NSF standards. It is made with higher grade of carbon to ensure your water does not smell bad. The 1st stage of the system has a 10 inch high-capacity polypropylene sediment filter which removes sediments, dust, sand, rust and other particles. 2nd Stage featured 5 micron & 10 inch Granular activated carbon filter which removes chlorine, bad tastes and odors from your water and at the same time gets rid of that chlorine white color. 3rd stage removes more odors & residual colors. 4th stage works as the heart of this system, it is the one which produces bottled quality drinking water – It can produce up-to 75 gallons or pure water in a day. And the 5th stage has 1 micron , 10 inch of Total Polishing Inline Carborn – it also makes sure your water is free from odors and contaminants.
REVERSE OSMOSIS SYSTEM:- At the moment, Reverse Osmosis Filtration is the most effective way of filtering water. It does its job by squeezing water through a semi-permeable membrane which is rated at 0.0001 micron. Also water bottling companies use the system filtering system so I’m sure it will still be ideal for so many years. Reverse Osmosis is also used on desalinating seawater thus making it drinkable to humans. iSpring’s RO system has been fully tested and certified by the NSF. According to reports, it is capable of removing more than 1,000 contaminants & chemicals and these include; Chlorine, Lead, Micro organisms, Fluoride, Arsenic and pharmaceuticals.
- Use it to filter aquarium water
- Very easy to install
- NSF & FDA Certified
- Cleans water very well
- Produces great tasty water
- Durable (You can use it for 10 solid years. Filters can be changed twice a year basing on the type of water being processed)
- Home Master TMHP HydroPerfection Undersink RO System
In position 4, we have Home Master TMHP HydroPerfection Undersink RO System. This is an upgrade version of Home Master Ultra with Permeate Pump #TMULTRA-ERP and it is tagged as the best RO system on the market. The only disadvantage with this model is price but other than that – it has the best features (ones you will not find in other RO Systems. Since your aim is to have safe drinking water in the house (easily accessible via the tap) – Home Master TMHP Hydro-Perfection Under sink RO System will remove up to 98% of dissolved solids, metals and chemicals from your tap water thus making it ideal for drinking / cooking. It also features a fast flow RO kit which improves on the water flow rate – so you don’t have to wait for so long to get a full glass of water.
UV LIGHT FILTER:- What makes this model unique and different from all the other RO systems made by Home Master is the ability to destroy Microorganisms using its powerful UV light filter. Home Master discovered that ordinary / traditional filters can’t get rid of micro organisms, so some times your water might have those small organisms which might cause you health issues. This discovery led to the invention of UV Light filters which use light to trace and eliminate viruses without using harmful chemicals. The end result of this is pure clean water – free from viruses and bacteria. The EPA has approved and recognized this UV technology as one of the best sterilization method.
Other features are the same as that of Home Master Artesian Full Contact #TMAFC featured in position 2.
- Removes up to 98% dissolved solids, chemicals, metals*
- Delivers tasty clean drinking water
- NSF & FDA Certified
- Filters 75 gallons of water in a day (just enough for your family)
- Remove iron and all stubborn chemicals.
- Destroys all micro organisms
- It has full contact technology
- Easy to maintain (change filter) – you will also take long without replacing the membrane
- Good water flow rate
- Great water system for money. (it might be highly priced but results are tremendous)
RELATED:- How to Choose a Home Water Filter
5. iSpring WKB32B Three Stage 20-Inch Big Blue Whole House Water Filtration System
In position 5, we have iSpring WKB32B Three Stage Whole House Water Filtration System. It has fine sediments and carbon filters to ensure than no chemicals of contaminants are left in your water. This model is quite different from the other four models featured above. It works as a Whole House Water Filtration System – yet the other models are all under-the sink water filtering systems so they only filter water at the sink. It also uses Reverse Osmosis water flow system to guarantee you with clean water throughout the house at a good flow rate. Among its 3 filtering stages (NSF Certified) we have; 1st stage features 5 micron high-capacity polypropylene sediment filter which removes dirt, sand, silt and rust particles. The 2nd stage has a carbon block filter which removes chlorine, bad odor, and organic chemicals. The 3rd stage deals with remaining chlorine in the water.
REMOVES 95% OF WATER CONTAMINANTS:- The moment you fix this system in your house – it will start filtering and purifying water and remove 95% sediments, chlorine, rust, odors, sand, heavy metal and other contaminants. It uses NSF certified gradient density sediment filter which achieves finer filtration – down to 1 micron filtration.
100,000 GALLON CAPACITY:- With this huge capacity, it can filter sink water, shower water, bath tab water, cooking water and drinking water. It should be installed by a plumber and all pipes on your house should be inspected. To maintain the quality of water delivered by iSpring WKB32B – replace water filters once they ware out. You can get these filters from iSpring website.
- Housing Wrench to help you mount the system
- Filters 500 gallons per day
- 40-95 feed water pressure
- Water Temperature ”40-100 Degrees ”F”
- 3-stage BIG BLUE housing
RELATED:- How to Purify Water
6. APEC – Super Capacity Premium Quality 3 Stage Under Counter Water Filtration System
In position 6, we have APEC – Super Capacity Premium Quality 3 Stage under Counter Water Filtration System. It’s design looks similar to that of iSpring WKB32B though this one is just an under-counter system. Apparently it is priced below $150 and it has a 3 stage filtration system. This model delivers clean filtered water saving you from spending money on bottled water every month. Its complete 3-stage filtering system is made from premium caliber components which are reliable and long lasting. When it comes to changing filters – it will take you 12 months to change them but this will also depend on the type of water pumped to your house. If it’s hard water, you might change filters in a 6-8 months period. The performance of this model is the same throughout the year as long as the filters are in good condition.
3 STAGES:- This NSF & FDA Certified Under-Sink Filter has 3 standard water filtration stages and these include; 1st Stage which features a high-Grade 10″ high-capacity polypropylene sediment filter – this removes dust particles, and rust. 2nd Stage – it features an premium extruded carbon block which gets rid of unpleasant chlorine, odors, tastes, colors and cloudiness. It also gets rid of other common chemicals in water thus making it ready pure clean and tasty. 3rd Stage – also features a carbon block of about 10 inches – it further removes chlorine, odors and bad chemicals which never got filtered in stage 2.
- Aquasana AQ-5300.55 3-Stage Under Counter Water Filter System
In position 7, we have Aquasana AQ-5300.55 3-Stage water filter system. It works as an under counter water filter and its design is very simple so you don’t need to hire a plumber to assemble this water system for you. It comes with a free brushed nickel faucet which you can use to draw water from the reserve tank to your glass / cooking pan. Replace your old kitchen faucet with this brushed nickel faucet because the quality of your water is also determined by the cleanness of the faucet. After processing water through Aquasana’s AQ-5300.55 3-Stages, it will go into a reserve – but if the faucet you’re using in your kitchen is too old & rusty, purified water will get contaminated again. That is to why Aquasana gives you this high quality (rust-free) faucet. On the other hand, if you don’t like the brushed nickle, you can opt for a model with a chrome faucet or Oil-Rubbed Bronze faucet (but an oil-rubbed bronze faucet + Aquasana AQ-5300.55 will cost you more than the default Brushed Nickel.
Is Aquasana AQ-5300.55 worth your investment? This is the answer I’m about to give you basing on its features and specs.
3 STAGE FILTERATION SYSTEM:-Aquasana AQ-5300.55 features a superior filtration system to ensure you get pure clean drinkable water – close to that produced by mineral water companies. You can easily access this great tasty water via the tap. The 1st stage works as sediment pre-filter – it removes heavy metals like lead and mercury. The 2nd stage deals with resistant contaminants like chlorine, fluoride, giardia and cryptosporidium and the 3rd stage removes organic chemicals like pesticides, herbicides and VOCs. Aquasana AQ-5300.55 uses Claryum’s selective filtration technology to retain all essential minerals like calcium, potassium & magnesium in your water thus giving it a delicious taste.
25% FASTER WATER FLOW RATE:- The speed at which water flows from a water filtering system to your faucet is very important. You don’t want to wait for so long to get a full glass of water. Once water is filtered, it is stored in a reserve tank. Aquasana AQ-5300.55 has a 25% faster water flow rate – so you will be served pure clean water on instant. There is no need of waiting.
PERFORMANCE INDICATOR:- At least you don’t have to be guessing on when to change filters. Aquasana AQ-5300.55 has a battery operated indicator which beeps when filters need to be changed.
NSF CERTIFIED:- You should not worry about investing in this water system because it has been fully tested to ensure it is safe for home use. It will eliminate 97% of water contaminants and save you from water born diseases. But, not only will water delivered by this system be clean, it will also have a great taste because essential minerals like calcium and magnesium are reserved by the system during the purification process.
EASIER TO REPLACE FILTERS:- You don’t need to use any tools to remove and replace water filters. The system has a very simple quarter-turn design
8. Aquasana AQ-RO-3 OptimH2O Reverse Osmosis Fluoride Water Filter
Once again in position 8 we have another Aquasana filter; model AQ-RO-3 OptimH2O with a reverse Osmosis Fluoride Water Filter. It also has an RO filtration system like Home Master TMAFC (featured in position 2). Aquasana AQ-RO-3 OptimH2O has a full NSF certification which is only granted to systems which don’t leach back contaminants to water after filtration. The reverse Osmosis feature enables it to remove 99% of water contaminants including chlorine, acids, arsenic, fluoride, heavy metals, mercury, chloramines, asbestos and so much more; Thus making your water safe and odor free.
REMINERALIZATION:- We already saw this feature in Home Master TMAFC Artesian Full Contact Reverse Osmosis Under Counter Water Filtration System ”featured in position 2”. Both Aquasana AQ-RO-3 & Home Master TMAFC have a remineralization system which adds essential minerals like Calcium, Magnesium and potassium into your water after thorough filtration. This remineralization process will improve on the taste of your water and make it taste like real bottled mineral water. The 3 stage filtration system will ensure no contaminants / chemicals are left in your water. All these 3 stages are fully certified by NSF.
EASY TO REPLACE FILTERS:- Just like Aquasana AQ-5300.55 featured in position 7, also this model has a very simple design. You don’t need to use any tools to remove and replace water filters. It has a twist off design which you can easily open and close with just one snap.
REVERSE OSMOSIS SYSTEM:- This system ensures that 99% of all water contaminants and chemicals are removed and at the same time prevent them from going back into purified water. Reverse Osmosis is the only approved water filtration method which removes fluoride from regular tap water.
PERCENTAGE OF CHEMICALS REMOVED ”Certified by NSF”
- Arsenic 97%
- Asbestos 99%
- Chromium 96%
- Chloramine 97%
- Chlorine 97%
- Fluoride 95%
- Mercury 95%
- Lead 99%
- Reverse Osmosis Fluoride Water Filter
- Capacity (356 gallons)
- Under Sink
RELATED:- How to Make a Water Purifier
- Watts 500313 2-Stage Undercounter Lead, Cyst & VOC Reducing Drinking Water System
In position 8, we have Watts 500313 2-Stage under-counter water filtering system. It is a small water system suitable for small homes and apartments. It is a 2 stage water system (less stages that what I recommended in the introduction of this post) but a 3 stage might not fit in a very small kitchen, so the only option you will have is to install a stage undercounter system. It comes at a very good price (below $80) and you will also get a free brushed stainless steel faucet. When you use a water filtering system, you protect the environment (because you stop buying bottled water) and at the same time you save lots of cash. May be the only cost you will incur is power / water bills and filter replacements. Much as that seems to be like a big bill, if you compute it well, you will notice that a water filtration system saves you lots of cash – however small it might be.
FILTERS UP TO 600 GALLONS OF WATER:- I can’t predict how much water you use on a daily basis, but 600 gallons of filtered ”PURE’ CLEAN” water sounds like enough water for a small family. You can use this water for drinking, making juice, cooking, making tea, making coffee and so much more.
REDUCES CHLORINE TASTE & ODOR:- Since it is a small system, it might not be in position to filter out that chlorine chemical (which is used to treat water before it is pumped into your home). But it will reduce on its concentration and at the same time remove chlorine odor
NSF CERTIFIED:- Much as you want to save money – NSF certification is very crucial. It shows that the system has been tested by experts and it has been approved for home usage.
EASY TO INSTALL:- According to its design, you can easily tell that this system is very easy to install. It can fit very well in a small space under the sink. You will get a free user manual to guide you on how to stall it. Remove that default kitchen faucet and replace it with a brand new Brushed Stainless Steel. This will ensure that water filtered by the system does not get contaminated by the faucet.
- Aquasana 1,000,000-Gallon Whole House Water Filter with Pro Install Kit
In position 10, we have Aquasana 1,000,000 – Gallon Whole House Water Filter system. To my surprise, this small system can filter water in the all house. It has a very simple design which makes it very easy to install – however you can call a plumber to help you out on setting the whole system to serve everyone in the house. When it comes to changing filters – you will use the system for 10 years with-out changing its filter. (This is the kind of water system I would recommend to everyone planning to install a whole house water system.) Aquasana EQ-1000 will reduce over 97% of chlorine pumped into your home through water pipes. This chlorine is mixed in water to kill germs & bacteria found in sea / well water but it is not recommended to drink this water with all this chlorine concentration. At lest Aquasana EQ-1000 will get rid of 97% of this chemical and at the same time remove bad odor. EQ-1000 Whole House Filter unit
has 4 filtration stages – these ensure that no contaminant is left in your water. All microscopic particles, dirt and rust will be removed by a five-micron pre-filter thus offer you with pure clean water which you can use in the shower, kitchen, sink and everywhere in the house.
UV STERILIGHT FILTRATION:- Unlike other whole house water systems which use traditional filters to remove contaminants. This model uses a powerful UV Filtration which kills 99.99% of bacteria, viruses and chlorine resistant cysts like Giardia and Cryptosporidium
- Delivers ultra delicious drinking water (free from heavy metals, organic chemicals and industrial solvents like chlorine.
- Clean bathing water – free from chlorine and other synthetic chemicals.
- Smarter Design
- Tested and proven to remove 97 percent of chlorine
- Uses UV Sterilight filtration to kill viruses
- Very easy to install
- Replace filter after 10 years
This marks the end of this detailed review on the Best Water Filter System – 2017 . Keep on checking this post with time because I will be suggesting new water systems for your home.