Usually, when we are invited to birthday parties, we actually have to get a gift…
12 Steps On How To Choose A Gift
Gift-giving is one of the greatest ways of showing your friends and family that you really care about them but at times it can be hard finding the perfect gift for someone. in fact, when invited to parties, we are obliged to get a gift for the person who has invited us whether its his/her birthday, wedding, baby-shower or any other special occasion in their lives. However, there are so many gift-options out there and this make it hard for someone to pick just one gift to offer someone but with this guide, you will be able to determine the best gift to offer someone depending on several factors that will be listed below.
STEPS ON HOW TO CHOOSE A GIFT:
- Generate some gift-ideas: you should always start by generating some gift-ideas and this can be done by making some research online or by asking your friends on some of the best gift-ideas. Additionally, if you know what your friend really loves then consider it as a great gift-idea and you may even decide to him/her such a gift.
- Know the type of occasion you’re offering the gift for: it’s very important to keep in mind the type of occasion that you will be offering a gift to someone. So, there are different occasions which include birthdays, baby-showers, graduations, Valentine’s Day and many more but all those occasions actually require a different type of gift and this is why you need to make sure that you choose the appropriate gift for a specific occasion.
- Get know about what the gift-receiver wants: knowing what someone likes can be a difficult thing but it’s a very important stage when choosing a gift for someone. In fact, everyone would love to get a friend or family a gift they will love and the only way of achieving this is by knowing the gift-receivers interests. so get to know whether the gift-receiver is interested in soccer, reading , music, art, movies or anything else before getting them a gift and its even best to ask another person who is close to the gift-receiver about what he/she is into. This will actually help get some of the best gift-ideas without the gift-receiver knowing. Additionally, you may also decide to ask the gift-receiver for a wish-list if they have one and it will be from this wish-list that you will pick an item to offer as a gift on that special occasion.
- Try to set a budget: you should always set a budget before you start searching for a gift to offer someone. So, when you get some gift-ideas make sure that are not going to spend too-much or too-little on a specific gift. In fact, you don’t need to choose expensive gifts because it’s thought of the gift that counts but you shouldn’t also pay too-less for a gift because you may end-up disappointing the gift receiver. So, try to always be within your budget and if you have less cash, then consider getting gift-card so that the gift-receiver buy what he/she likes with it. Additionally, try to search online for great gift deals and also avoid dollar-stores because they offer little-cheap products that may not make a great gift but it will get you some gift-ideas.
- Choose a gift that relates to someone’s personality: try to always choose a gift that matches someone’s personality like if someone loves music then get them a music-album, if they like art then get them art or craft-supplies, if they like sports then get them sports equipment and so much more depending on what the gift-receiver is interested in.
- Hand-make a gift: consider to hand-make a gift if you’re going to give it to a close friend or family-member. This is because a hand-made gift creates bond or connection between you two compared to purchased-gifts. So, try to create a gift that symbolizes your friendship with the gift-receiver and they will actually feel happy about receiving such a gift. Additionally, if you have less cash then a hand-made gift will save you since you don’t have to spend a lot to create such a gift yet it even shows how much you care about someone. Examples of great handmade gift include; a scrapbook of memories, photo-frame, a DVD of a song or dance you made together and much more.
- Choose an experience-gift over a material-gift: getting an experience-gift rather than a material-gift for someone can actually make them feel happy. In fact, with experience-gifts someone will learn something new and it may even offer a life-changing event. However, experience-gifts can be a bit pricey but they are a great gift and will make the receiver feel so happy compared to other types of gifts.
- Make some research online: most good gift-deals can only be found online and even some products are only sold online. So, search-up for some gift-ideas you may want to get and then see what comes up. In fact, you may even get extra savings or a free gift online compared to local-stores but you should be careful when purchasing gift online because there are many fraudsters.
- Consider paying a bill for a friend/family: paying a bill for friend or family-member that is not financially stable or passing through rough times financially can actually create a great and meaningful gift. So, you may decide to pay for them bills like for electricity, healthcare, water and much more.
- Donate to a charity on behalf of a person who owns everything: incase your friend happens to have everything and you have failed to get him/her a perfect gift, then consider making a donation to a charity in their name and they will surely appreciate such a gift.
- Note some information about the gift-receiver: you will need to mentally note some information about the gift-receiver when choosing a gift to offer them. This information may include the person’s age, person’s gender, whether they are married or single and much more. So, pick a gift depending on what you know about the gift-receiver and they will actually love your gift.
- Get to know about the person preferences: you actually need to think about the things a person likes or talk about when choosing them a gift. So try, to get to know about someone’s talents, skill, hobbies when choosing for them a gift or you may even remember of something they talked about in the past few weeks and then offer it as a gift.