The Baratza Virtuoso is a great Conical Burr Coffee-Grinder that features a classic-style coupled with…
Baratza Vario 886 – Flat Ceramic Coffee Grinder Review
The Baratza Vario 886 is a new and great coffee-grinder which combines ease-of-use and a sleek appearance in order to bring-out fantastic flavors from your coffee-beans. In fact, this professional grade coffee-grinder can fit anywhere from the kitchen, office to your cafe because it has a small footprint. Additionally, this coffee grinder features over 230 distinct grind-settings and this means that you can use it to create a fine grind for espresso to a course grind for press pot.
In terms of design, the Baratza Vario 886 looks beautiful yet very functional whereby its intuitive macro/micro adjustments make it easy for the user to get the right grind-setting for a prefect espresso or French-press. Lastly, coffee-grinder is even equipped with a powerful, high-torque motor and belt-drive transmission which hence it will be capable of crushing through any type of coffee-beans so that you can achieve a great cup of coffee.
- This is a commercial-grade coffee-grinder that can be used at home, office and cafe because it is equipped with over 230-setting that enable the user to create coffee from a fine to coarse texture. Additionally, this coffee-grinder even has a high-quality design just like that of any professional grinder.
- The Baratza Vario 886 is very easy to use and control because features precision-grind-adjustment coupled with a digital-display which is clear and easy to read in order to let the user the weight-value and the grinding-time.
- This coffee-grinder also features a solid construction which makes very strong and durable enough to last for long period of time. Additionally, it even features a nice design which makes it very beautiful on top of the table.
- It features a small footprint this implies that the Baratza Vario 886 can fit almost anywhere from the kitchen, office to the cafe without consuming a lot of space.
- The coffee-grinder features very accurate grind settings because its designed with macro and micro adjust option which ensure fine-tuning with ease when grinding the coffee-beans.
- The Baratza Vario 886 is a bit difficult to use especially for people new to coffee-grinders and this id because the grinder is equipped with over 230 grind-setting which can actually be a frustration for some people to control or use.
- Another weakness is that it requires a lot of force to put the hopper on/off the coffee-grinder. In fact, putting in the hopper feels close to breaking it but it will not break if you are careful.
- This coffee-grinder also takes a sometime to break in or through 1-lb of coffee before clumps go away and then consistency comes in.
- The grinder is also a bit loud especially when grinding coffee-beans in the morning when most people are still sleeping and it will actually disrupt those who are still in bed.
- Lastly, this professional grade coffee-grinder is very expensive compared to other coffee-grinders on the market and this implies that in case you are on budget, then you may just tryout another type of coffee-grinder that is a bit cheaper than the Baratza Vario 886.
- Breville Bcg820bssxl The Smart Grinder Pro Coffee-Bean Grinder Review
- Kitchenaid Kcg0702er Burr Coffee Grinder Review
- Breville Bcg820bssxl The Smart Grinder Pro Coffee-Bean Grinder Review
- Baratza Virtuoso – Conical Burr Coffee Grinder Review
- Rancilio Hsd-Roc-Sd Rocky Coffee Grinder Review
- Ceramic Flat Burrs: The Baratza Vario 886 grinder is equipped with 54-mm professional, ceramic flat-burrs which ensure accurate grinding, high-throughput and even remain sharp for twice as long as the highest-quality steel burrs. These ceramic burrs even help to keep the coffee cool by simply limiting the amount of heat transferred from the burrs to the coffee-grinds. Additionally, with these burrs the Baratza Vario can grind 1.6-grams per second at Espresso and 2.2-grams per second at Press. On the other hand, the broad-range of grind and the narrow particle-distribution prove the superiority of the Vario burrs. Lastly, these Ceramic-Burrs are easily removable without using tools to ensure quick and easy cleaning.
- Digital Control Panel: The front of the Baratza Vario 886 is mounted with a digital control-panel coupled with a LED-display that is easy-to-read and intuitive. This control-panel even includes three programmable-buttons which allow for a grind time-setting within 0.1 second (about 0.2-gram). In fact, you simply have to press the START-button and the Vario grinder will automatically deliver precise dosing and repeatable grind-times a snap.
- 230 grind-settings: the Vario coffee-grinder features an impressive range of capabilities because it equipped with over 230 distinct and repeatable grind-settings from fine-grind for espresso to course-grind for press pot. This means that the user will able to achieve a desired coffee-texture with a prefect flavor while this coffee-grinder.
- Precision Grind Adjustment: The Baratza Vario 886 coffee-grinder provides macro and micro adjustments for fine tuning with ease. The macro-adjust arm moves from espresso to press-pot in 10 distinct and repeatable settings while the secondary micro-adjust arm further divides each of the 10-macro steps into 20 distinct-settings. These precise-adjustments enable the user to dial in the exact grind in order to achieve a perfect shot.
- Powerful and quiet motor: this coffee-grinder features a powerful, quiet and high-torque DC motor which effortlessly drives the burrs when grinding the beans. This motor actually turns slowly resulting into cool and quiet operation while permitting long grinding duty-cycles. Additionally, the circuitry is equipped with an auto resetting thermal-cutoff switch.
- Innovative Dual-Cam Grind Adjustment: The Baratza Vario 886 features a right-hand lever which lets the user choose what type of grind. The lever on the left there is also another lever that lets the user fine-tune the grind within the range selected. In fact, this grinder features over 230 grind-settings o choose from when grinding your coffee-beans.
- It supports Brewing Methods: The Baratza Vario 886 grinder is actually exceptional when it comes to extracting espresso and other manual pour brewing methods.
- Calibrated: This flat ceramic coffee-grinder is actually calibrated at the factory to ensure an accurate range of grind. Additionally, the Baratza Vario burrs can also be easily calibrated using a special calibration-tool which comes with the grinder if necessary.
- Portaholder and grounds-bin: The Vario ceramic coffee-grinder comes equipped with a Metal Portaholder which allows for hands-free operation. On top of that, a regular 8oz. grounds-bin is also included so that you can easily collect the ground coffee during the grinding process.
- Hopper extender: this coffee-grinder even comes with a hopper-extension that can add 9oz. of capacity to the existing 8oz. bean-hopper. In fact, several extenders can be added until you reach the capacity needed.
The Baratza Vario 886 is a quality, professional-grade ceramic coffee-grinder that will actually fit anywhere from the kitchen, office and even at the cafe because of its small footprint. This coffee-grinder is designed with over 230 distinct and repeatable grind-settings that will enable the user to crush coffee-beans from a fine-grind for espresso to a course-grind for press-pot. On top of that, this coffee-grinder offers macro/micro adjustments that make it easy to achieve best grind for a perfect espresso finish but you can even switch from espresso to other coffee-styles.
On the other hand, this coffee-grinder with a digital timer and 3 user-programmable buttons which will enable the user to create a accurate dose of coffee and repeatable grind-times with just one-touch of a button. Additionally, the ceramic flat burrs within this coffee-grinder provide accurate and fast grinding performance yet they can even remain sharper for long than the best stainless-steel burrs. Likewise, the high-torque DC motor and belt drive-transmission ensure that the coffee-beans are smoothly and quickly ground without producing heat and noise thus making the Baratza Vario 886 one of the best coffee-grinders when it comes to extracting fresh and quality coffee.
Who does it benefit?
- Benefits people searching for a professional-grade coffee-grinder: the Baratza Vario 886 is actually a professional-grade Coffee-Grinder because it is equipped with over 230 distinct and repeatable grind-settings that will enable the user to extract coffee from a fine-grind for espresso to a coarse grind for press-pot. On top of that, this ceramic coffee-grinder features an awesome design whereby it can perfectly fit anywhere from the kitchen, office and even in your cafe because of its small-footprint.
What Else Do You Need?
- Pallo Coffee Tool: this tool will help the user to stir around the coffee-beans that are being ground but you can also use it for other purposes.
- Rattleware Round-Handled Tamper: this is a 58-Milimeter, long tamper that will help you grind the coffee-beans manually in case you don’t have coffee-grinder or when you feel like not using a coffee-grinder.