Best Electric Shaver Reviews
Best Electric Shavers Under $100
When you hear about all the technology that is made with these electric shavers the first thing that comes to your mind will probably be that they must be extremely expensive. However I will give the good news that it’s completely the opposite of what you thought because some of the best electric shavers are actually below $100 and in this post those are the shavers you are going to find. Them being under $ 100 does not actually mean they are cheap quality or
they do not work just as well as the expensive ones, it simply means the makers of the shavers are nice enough to know that not everyone can afford some of the really expensive shavers so they make shavers that are cheap but work just as great as the expensive ones. Below is a summarized list of shavers below $100
You can find details about factors to consider when buying a cheap electric razor below this post.
Much as you are not going to spend a lot on the shaver it does not mean you have to bear with something that does not work at all. On this list, I have featured 5 best electric shavers which cost below $100, It is better you grab them while stock lasts. I have graded them basing on their popularity.
List of The Best Electric Shavers Under $100:
Panasonic ES8103S Arc3:
There is definitely no reason for you to pay thousands of dollars just to get a clean and smooth shave yet you get exactly the same with the Panasonic ES8103S electric shaver.
The shaver comes close even in the hard to reach areas because of its flexible pivoting head, this also makes it move to all contours of your face with great ease. The shaver is really affordable but the way it performs you will even start to brag about it to those friends of yours who bought theirs at really hiked prices and will get the work done in a really short because its motor enables to shaver at a really fast rate. Without causing you any irritations, there is no way you will regret ever trying out this shaver.
- Extreme comfort and closeness; the biggest a complaint about electric shavers from many people has been the fact that electric shavers do not come really close and that it why some people even got stuck to their traditional razors because it was the only way to get a close shave. However this shaver from Panasonic will surprise you because of how close it cuts all that hair because of its 30 degree angle blades that come really close and remove even the smallest hair in those problematic areas. for some people this shaver will be a reason to move away from safety and disposable razors because much as they give a really close shave they are just too uncomfortable, they cut and cause irritation which is totally different when it comes to this Panasonic ES8103S, it is extremely comfortable.
- No tugging and pulling; this actually sound like a lot of pain more so if you have a tough beard, shaving will always be the most scary night mare yet at the same time you need to groom yourself, I will say the answer to all those problems is this shaver from Panasonic because its linear motor is really fast so it cuts off hair with each and every pass that you make. It is time to get away from those sloe shavers that waste a lot of your time yet all they do is tug and pull your hair.
- Works well in both wet and dry conditions; you buy the shaver to have make your shaving days more enjoyable but not frustrating that is why the shaver you buy should be convenient for use whenever and wherever you please just like the Panasonic ES8103S because you can have a dry shave and be rest assured you will not get any irritations because of the hypoallergenic blades that are good enough for sensitive skin.
- Gives a really smooth; I think it is really frustrating to shave but when you touch your face it just feels like a complete mess, but after shaving with this one your face will be as smooth as baby’s because it cuts hair with extreme closeness.
- Comes at a really great price; everyone needs to shave at one point in time but not everyone can afford a shaver that is too expensive so you are provided with this Panasonic shaver which is below $100 at least that makes it affordable for anyone who needs to have a good shave a low price.
- Cuts even long beards; with other shavers you need to either cut your beard with scissors or with a trimmer in case your beard has grown really long because of the slit foil all that long and tough beard that is almost impossible for other shavers to cut.
- It is somehow slow; for people who have to shave every single morning you probably need a shaver that is fast enough so that you do not have to be late just because you were shaving and unfortunately this is one of the disadvantages you will find about this shaver. You will find yourself taking more time than you thought you would have taken when shaving which is a bit frustrating.
Philips Norelco 1150X/46:
The design of this shaver is what gets your attention when you first look at it, it gives you the impression that it will be very easy to hold in your hands making you entire shaving very easy.
The Philips Norelco 1150x-46 is made some of the greatest technology that makes the shaver glide smoothly over your skin for a really close and comfortable shave. It has rounded edges and a flat surface that come even closer for a much closer shave but without causing you any irritations, if you have always preferred rotary shavers to foil shavers this one is one good example for you to try and at its price I really think it is such a good deal.
- Nicely deals with hair in hard to reach areas; for those who have been shaving for some time now, you know that the neck area is one of the most problematic areas when you are shaving and if you do not have a shaver with a flexible head it is much likely that you will find problems getting hair off around that area. This is what makes the Philips Norelco 1150x-46 one of the best yet cheap electric shavers because it is made with senso-touch technology and contour following system that easily adjust to all the contours of your face and makes the shaver cut off hair in those hard to reach areas without you having to apply a lot of pressure.
- Great price; for a shaver that is this well built and works this great I would be unfair not to mention that it comes at a really great price if you purchase it from Amazon. It is not every day that you find a quality product being sold at that price, in fact some people do not buy cheap products because they have the mentality that cheap things always cost you at the end of the day because of their poor quality. However from Philips we definitely cannot expect poor quality, the truth is that the product is just nicely priced and made affordable for anyone.
- Great construction, it is strongly made; when we talk about great construction it also means that the shaver is very durable so you will be able to use for quite a long while. One of the qualities that you are always advised to look out for before purchasing an electric shaver is its durability and the only way you can know that is making goo research about a product before buying it or you can ask from friends who have used the product before so you can know what you are going in for. Many of the reviews of people who have purchased this shaver at Amazon recommended that the shaver is worth trying because of its great construction, you will use it for more than years without getting tired of using it
- Perfect shaves in a few minutes; by the time you move away from disposable razors or safety razors you definitely expect to make your life a lot easier than it was before you started using electric shavers so a shaver that takes hours to give you a clean shave is more of a waste of money. That is why the this shaver is included on our list of the best shavers under $100, it is not just because it’s cheap but rather due to the fact that the shaver can give you very smooth, clean and comfortable shaves in just a few minutes. Now this is what I call making life easier.
- Really great design; the shaver is designed with a simple and sleek shape which makes it very easy for you to hold the shaver in your hands hence keeping you comfortable throughout your shaving time. It is portable enough that it be carried around easily so for those who would to travel around with your shaver. When you get to the design of the shavers head, it is also something else as it features a skin glide surface that enables the shaver to smoothly glide on your skin so that you have a clean shave without any irritations. It is very easy to shave with this shaver.
- Good for both short and long hair; with this shaver you will not have to use a trimmer first for you to make hair shorter since it is made in a way that enables it to cut off both long and short hair very easily. Its dual precision heads are detailed with slots that cut off the longer hairs and at the same time they have whole that remove even the shortest inch of hair on your face hence leaving you with a completely smooth skin.
- It may cause skin irritations depending on your skin type; you cannot judge if a shaver can cause irritations or not because we all have different skin types but if your skin is extra sensitive the shaver could cause some skin irritations however this does not mean it will not work for everyone
Philips Norelco PT730/46:
The Philips Norelco PT730 is combined with features to give you a really clean and comfortable shave. It is made with the ability to cut any length of hair be it long or short and when will not give you any trouble to clean because you will just rinse it under running tap water and that’s it.
It also has a great design that will perfectly fit in your hands and is easy to move with in case you want to travel.
- Perfect for side burns and the mustache; from now on you do not have to go to the barber anymore to have your side burns styled or your mustache put back into shape because you can do it on your own with the Philips Norelco PT730 because it comes with a pop up trimmer that will help to trim the side burns, keep well groomed and of course looking attractive.
- Holds charge for a long period of time; because the shaver does not work when plugged in it is made in such a way that it can hold for long enough at least for you to get a complete shave. It is made with a lithium battery that when charged for 8 hours which is called a full charge will enable use the charger for over 45 minutes and if you are in a hurry you can go in for a quick three minute charge and it will provide enough power for a single cordless shave, now what more could you ask for from a cordless shave.
- Provides a really fast shave; this simply means you are going to have your face all smooth in just a few minutes because the shaver has a really strong motor that makes the shaver perform really fast so you do not have to spend hours and hours just to a have a clean and smooth shave because the shave will have done that in a few minutes.
- Amazing durability; you will be able to use the shaver for years as long as you change the blades after every one year to enable it come close. Anything that can last this long is definitely worth spending some dollars on.
- Works great even on tough beards; if you have that extra tough beard that makes you think there is no shaver that can cut through that tough beard because it has really sharp blades that will easily cut through any beard. So do not mind about the toughness of your beard when purchasing this shaver because in just a breeze that beard will be gone.
- Does not produce any irritating sound; most people hate shavers because of the irritating sound they produce as you shave, this not only becomes uncomfortable for you the person shaving but also for the people around. Sometimes you want to shave while listening to radio or watching TV but because of that noise you cannot do that however with this shaver all of that is solved since the shaver is extremely silent
Philips Norelco AT810/46 Shaver 4100:
For a close wet shave with no irritations on your skin then you should look no further than the Philips Norelco AT810 and will not only stop at giving you that comfortable and safe wet shave,
you can also go ahead and use it for a dry shave if you prefer. The flexible heads allow the shaver reach any area that you want to shave without any difficulties hence leaving your whole feeling baby smooth.
- Provides both dry and wet shaves; there is nothing that is as convenient as a shaver that give both wet and dry shaves because it will be totally up to you to choose what best works with your skin. For those who have extra sensitive skins it is always advisable to go in for wet shaves with shaving gel or foam before you can start shaving so that you keep your skin well protected. But for those with normal skin and the convenience of dry shaves then it is very okay to go in for the dry shave. Its aquatec technology and being water proof is what enables the shaver to work in both wet and dry conditions.
- Easily adapts to your facial contours; it has a contour following system which involves flexing heads and a small pivot which enables the shaver to get even to the most problematic areas and removes all those hairs leaving your entire skin amazingly smooth. The shaver still comes close in these areas and in just a few passes you will be able to get all that hair off.
- Amazing closeness without damage on the skin; this shaver is made with a dual precision system which makes the shaver cut all hair lengths whether short or long and with the super lift it is able to lift up all the hair and get them cut off. The shaving edges are however rounded in order to cut down on the friction which would make the shaver produce heat that in the long run causes skin irritations and also automatically adjust to the contours of your face yet remains very gentle on the skin.
- Very easy to clean; you will always need to your shaver to be thoroughly clean if you are to use it for a longer period of time you need and for your own hygiene, that should always be kept clean. The shaver is very easy to clean because you can just immerse it in water and all the dirt and hair will be out. It is waterproof so it cannot get any kind of damage if you wash it under water.
- Easy maintenance; all electric devices need maintenance and this also applies when it comes to shavers because you will have to replace the blades at one point in time so that you can use the shaver for as long as you need to. You only have to replace the heads only after 12months which is not costly at all.
- Comes with a great warranty; by the time a product comes with a full two year warranty there is no doubt that it a great product and that the manufacturer’s are totally positive about their products.
Philips Norelco AT830/46 Shaver 4500
Now with the Philips Norelco AT830/41 you are rest assured of a close shave even in the hard to reach areas but most importantly with no irritation which is what most men look out for in a shaver.
Its rounded shaving surface keeps your skin well protected from nicks and cuts and for those who love to keep your stylish styles, it comes with a pop up trimmer that you can use on the side burns and the mustache.
- Great performance; for people who are used to using shavers, they will tell you that it is almost impossible to notice the difference in the way these shavers work, the only thing that usually makes them differ are the
- modifications that come with the newer models that some of the older ,models do not have. However when it comes to this Philips Norelco AT830-46 there is a really noticeable difference in the way it actually performs since it shaves off all the unwanted hair even in the hardest to reach areas like below the chin in just a few minutes and leaves with absolutely no irritations at all. After trying out this shaver you will learn that there is absolutely no need for you to spend a whole fortune on buying those over expensive shavers.
- It’s almost as close as a razor; it is not that easy to get a shaver that will come really close however this does not mean you will completely not find one that can come as close as a razor. The Philips AT830/41 even for those who have very thick and tough beards that seem almost impossible to get off your face. Its design makes it easy to grip in your hands making it easy for you to shave without applying any pressure so much as it will get really close to the skin, it will not cause you any skin irritations and cuts.
- It is really long lasting; any good electric shaver is meant to last 2-3 years at least but this shaver will go way beyond that because of its great quality and value that was used to construct it. Even when the shaver falls down you will not be able to find any dings on it and you will even be able to use it again. The more interesting thing about the shaver is that even after using it several times the next time you use it will still feel like you are using it for the first time that simply shows how durable this shaver is. All you have to do is replace the blades at least after 12 months because blunt blades will cause you skin irritations and then you will be able to use your shaver for as long as you want.
- Easily washable because it is water proof; some people actually hate shavers because of how much of a hustle it is to keep that little thing clean yet when it is not cleaned properly it will become totally dangerous. So the reason you have to try out the Philips AT830/41 is simply because the shaver is very easy to wash. It is water proof so after each stroke of using it you just have to rinse the shaver under clean water and it will be ready for use the next time you want to use it.
- It does not work when plugged in power; now for those who forget to charge your shaver this is the biggest problem you are going to find with this shaver. once its battery is down the shaver will stop working that means even when you have just started shaving and the battery runs out that will be the ends of it which is quite annoying as you have to wait until it recharges then you can use it. This is quite disturbing for someone who needs a quick shave any time they wish.
WHAT TO LOOK FOR WHEN BUYING A CHEAP ELECTRIC SHAVER UNDER $100:
The shaver specifications; this should be your number one consideration because it is such factors that will show the difference between a shavers that does its job and a shaver that is the best at doing what it is supposed to do.
- It should be convenient and comfortable, a shaver that is referred to as the best should be really comfortable when it comes next to your skin not something that just irritates you and causes you frustration. Besides that it should also be extremely convenient so that you can be able to use it whenever you please.
- It closeness, we know very well that shavers do not get too close like the razors do but then you do not want a shaver that cut almost no hair. You should consider how close the shaver comes to your skin in order for you to get a really smooth shave.
- How durable will it be; when we say the shaver is below $100 we do not mean that after one or two shaves it should have stopped working, shavers are meant to last for 2-3 years depending on how well you handle your shavers. Much as you may not spend much, the shaver should be worth the little you spent on it.
- The life of its battery; a good quality shaver should at least be able to provide you with 50-60 minutes of cordless shaving. Everyone will hate the kind of shaver that always stops working in the middle of the shave.
- How fast it performs; you do not want to be late for a meeting just because the shaver you bought works at a really slow pace. a good shaver should be able to cut a larger bunch of hair within a few strokes.
‘’Besides the shaver’s specifications there are other factors that should guide on what the best shaver to buy is and these include;
- Your experience with a particular brand; the first time of using something completely new is always difficult so I would suggest you always look for a brand that you have used before because your skin will already be used to that and will not find any problems adjusting to it. If you are more familiar with Panasonic brands, the Panasonic ES8103S will be such a great option. however if you are a first time user of electric shavers take time and look through other people’s reviews to have an idea of what they say about different types and brands.
- The weight of the shaver; this does not seem like a really important factor but for those who are always travelling you definitely know what I am talking about here. A shaver that is portable is a much better option.
- Its cost of maintenance; you may buy a shaver at less than $100 yet its maintenance costs will be a whole fortune, that simply means buying a cheaper was totally useless because you are still spending more on it through its maintenance. You should therefore look out for how often you will need to replace the blades of the shaver and how much it will cost you when buying the replacements themselves.