If you have a large lawn / area to mow - a commercial lawn mower…
5 Best Hand Mixers 2018 – Detailed Review
A hand mixer is fundamentally a kitchen utensil that operates through using a gear driven method in order to rotate a set of beaters in a bowl that is containing the ingredients to be prepared. This device is simply hand held with a handle on it that is mounted over an enclosure that contains the motor. The motor inside this device will drive the beaters that are immersed in the ingredients so that it mixes well. A hand mixer will automatically repeat the task of stirring, beating and whisking instead of the user having to perform this manually. Hand mixers have the same designs but that doesn’t mean that they are able to perform in the same way. In this post I have featured 5 Best Hand Mixers and these include; Cuisinart, KitchenAid, Breville, Hamilton Beach and Oster. Brief browse through our top selections below:
5 Best Hand Mixers 2018
- Cuisinart HM-90S Power Advantage Plus 9-Speed Handheld Mixer – Check Price on Amazon ********Cuisinart Power Advantage Plus 9 Speed Hand Mixer can perform almost all tasks any recipe can call for. It is very easy to use, clean and store…….****FEATURES******Extra long beaters, 220-watt motor, On/off button,1-touch speed control, 9 speed options (from which you can choose from), 3 low start speeds (these prevent ingredients from splattering all over), Clear storage case, Included accessories (beaters, Chef’s whisk, Dough hooks, Spatula & Instruction recipe book)……******PROS*****Light weight, Nice storage area, Powerful & Fast, Strong thin beaters, Decent cord length, Quiet operation…….
- KitchenAid KHM7210OB 7-Speed Digital Hand Mixer with Turbo Beater– Check Price on Amazon *****I’m a good fan of Kitchen Aid appliances; they always make some of the best kitchen appliances and every-time I stumble upon a product of theirs, I can’t resist testing / reviewing it…..****FEATURES****7 Speeds (choose the right speed for each mixture / ingredient), Soft Start (this one prevents ingredients from splattering on your kitchen counter-top), Lockable Swivel Cord, Soft grip handle (easy to hold and it provides you with comfort mixing), Beater Ejector Button (quickly remove accessories from the hand mixer with a single button press), Stainless Steel Turbo Beater……..*****PROS****You can easily remove accessories from the appliance with just one single button press, Full control when mixing dough, mash,…etc…, It is a perfect mixer, Powerful, Easy to operate, Good Value
- Breville BHM500RXL Handy Mix Digital Hand Mixer 4.0– Check Price on Amazon *****Since all recipes require specific mixing time – Breville has included a timer in this model so that you can mix all recipes accurately. ……*****FEATURES****16 speeds from which you can choose from, Backlit LCD, Timer function, Non tip heel rest, 200-Watt Twin Beater Action, 2 flat beaters……..****PROS****Cuts through heavy cookie batters & bread dough easily, Powerful hand mixer, Lightweight, Energy efficient, Strong motor – it does not get stuck when mixing thick dough….
- Hamilton Beach 62695V Power Deluxe Hand Mixer – Check Price on Amazon ****Hamilton Beach appliance always come at a very good price – this is the kind of brand you should always resort to when you have a small budget and they have very good appliances. This Hamilton Beach 62695V has a slower first speed setting which reduces messy splatters…….*****FEATURES****275 Watts peal power, 6 speeds, Quick Burst button, Traditional beaters, Bowl Rest ……*****PROS****Durable, Efficient, Affordable….
- Oster 2500 Inspire 240-Watt 5-Speed Hand Mixer – Check Price on Amazon *****Oster features a traditional / ordinary design – its ergonomic handle and shape makes it easy to use. ……****FEATURES****240-watt motor, 5 Speed settings, Ergonomic contour grip handle (feel comfortable in hands…), Burst-of-Power function, One-touch beater eject (this one makes cleaning of the appliance easy & quick….), Chrome beaters & Dough hooks………*****PROS*****Affordable, Slow speed start – prevents ingredients from splattering, Powerful Mixer (mixes bread dough very well)
- What Is The Best Blender For Smoothies
- What Is The Best Stand Mixer
- What Is The Best Food Processor
- What Is The Best Juicer
- What Is The Best Blender
- What Is The Best Dishwasher
- What Is The Best Ice Cream Maker
- What Is The Best Waffle Maker
- What Is The Best Bread Maker
WHAT TO LOOK FOR WHEN BUYING A HAND MIXER?
- Power; the power that a hand mixture is able to output every times it is put to use is a very important feature or factor you should look out for when buying a hand mixture. This is because if you are always performing a lot of baking either for your loved ones or for commercial use then you will require an appliance that is backed by a very strong motor system so that you always never lack the power to mix the different ingredients whether light or heavy. Some of the best hand mixers I have chosen in this category with a high power motor output includes; the Cuisinart HM-90S Handheld Mixer with 220 watt, Breville BHM500RXL hand mixer with 200 watt, Hamilton Beach 62695V hand mixer with 275 watt and finally Oster 2500 Inspire Hand Mixer with 240 watt.
- Functionality; when you start hunting for a hand mixer you will come across only three basic types today that are available like the electrical, battery powered and the hand mixtures alone. So now the electrical ones are definitely the easiest ones to operate as you just plug it in while the battery powered ones provide convenience even in places without power and finally the hand mixer that will is performed manually. Well in this category we have chosen for you the best of them all which is the electric hand mixers allowing you perform easily and conveniently.
- Changeable speeds; this is a very significant factor when buying a hand mixer because some baked ingredients will need whipping action in order to make sure that all of the air bubbles that are found in have been eliminated from the batter while others will require an aerated batter that will allow it to rise up and be light, tasty and fluffy when ready. So this way when you choose a hand mixer with variable speeds then you will be able to make any of the ingredients perfectly depending on the speed that is required for each. All the hand mixers here have changeable speeds but the best of them include; Breville BHM500RXL with 16 speed levels, Cuisinart HM-90S Handheld Mixer with 9 speed options.
- Size of beater; the beaters that come with hand mixers are not the same as some come with larger ones while others of course come with smaller ones. These different sizes have different ways in which they perform like for example the larger beaters have the ability to create faster mixes regardless of the amount of mixture whereas the small beaters have the ability to create denser results in a small amount of time. So make sure to choose the size of the beater depending on what you always bake.
LIST OF THE BEST HAND MIXERS – 2018 SELECTION & REVIEWS:
1. Cuisinart HM-90S Power Advantage Plus 9-Speed Handheld Mixer
- Automatic feedback
- Power motor of 220watts
- 9 speed options
- 1 touch speed control
- Easy on/off button
- Snap on clear case for storage
- Brushed chrome
- 3 low mixing speeds
- Technical specification of 8.5 x 3.9 x 8.9 inches
- Extra long beaters
- Dough hooks
- Item weight of 4 pounds
With this Cuisinart HM-90S Handheld Mixer, you will definitely enjoy mixing all your different ingredients without feeling like you have used a lot of manpower. Yes, it is the kind of handheld mixer whose operation is as simple as storing it aside till the next use. This is due to its simple on and off button with just a single press and then when the ingredients placed together; you start with a 3 low mixing speeds depending on what you are mixing and it is mainly designed to help prevent your ingredients from splattering all over the place or you can straight away use any of the 9 speed options to get you acquire a perfect mixture. These speeds are not hard to select because this handheld device contains 1 touch speed control unit or button. Cuisinart HM-90S Handheld Mixer operates at a power motor output of up to 220watts allowing you be able to achieve the mixture in a short amount of time as well as receive an automatic feedback. Once you have beaten batters, kneaded homemade bread dough and beaten eggs then you will just have to rinse it and fit the beaters that are extra long, dough hook and the chef’s whisk inside the clear case bag it comes with then snap the mixer on the top. Its just too hard not to love this powerful handheld mixer with dishwasher safe parts.
- No spattering; you might have used hand mixers before that leave the whole placed messed up which leads to a lot of wastages and even more extra work as you have to clean up the whole place after the mixing this done. Well luckily this Cuisinart HM-90S Handheld Mixer is built with 3 low mixing speeds that is designed specifically to help eliminate chances of spattering. These speeds will mix the ingredients slowly without over raising them up leading to spatters especially when you have just started and the ingredients are still independent of the other. With this technology, the amount of ingredients will remain the same and your workload reduced as well in terms of cleaning up the mess.
- Effective motor system; what makes this motor system very effective is the 220 watts of power that it is able to run on every time you are using it to mix your ingredients together. This will deliver you uninterrupted power supply thus delivering fast and smooth results. This unit also contains an automatic feedback that will inform you with correct information about your Cuisinart HM-90S Handheld Mixer.
- Simple power button; the operation of this Cuisinart HM-90S Handheld Mixer doesn’t require any rocket science at all due to its very simple button that is designed for on and off. This button will basically get you started up or it will conclude the mixing process. it is connected to a powerful LED display unit that is operated through a single touch speed control that will allow you select through the different 9 speed options that you placed on it. Feel free to explore through the different speed settings on this mixer depending on what you are mixing at the moment.
- Long cords; the cords that are attached on this Cuisinart HM-90S Handheld Mixer are decently long in the make as compared to most of the mixers out there that have uncomfortably short cords. This particular one is also able to swivel around easily while you are using it allowing you be able to maneuver the mixer using all the extra hands so you get great end results.
- Quiet; you will enjoy using this Cuisinart HM-90S Handheld Mixer because of the quietness that it has been associated with especially when you are using the lower speeds that are 5 and below because then it will only make a vibrating noise that isn’t so loud. And better still it doesn’t matter whether you are mixing eggs of stiff dough because the sound won’t be ear blocking allowing you enjoy an almost quiet mixing moment.
- Un effective hooks; the dough hooks built on this Cuisinart HM-90S Handheld Mixer are not as effective as they should be because you will need help while using it and by help I mean both hands as one will hold the bowl in position while the other will guide the mixer like in the same way the stand mixer does.
2. KitchenAid KHM7210OB 7-Speed Digital Hand Mixer with Turbo Beater
- Up to 7 speeds
- Soft start feature
- Round cord
- Pro whisk
- Soft grip handle
- Easy button
- Stainless steel turbo II beater
- 2 pounds in weight
- Motor 150 watts
- Digital controls
- 5 x 8 x 6 inches in measurements
- Lockable swivel cord
- Beater ejector button
With, KitchenAid KHM7210OB all the powers and control needed to mix your favorite ingredients like mash potatoes, cookie dough and so much more will be in your hands at almost an effortless way. To start or conclude the mixing, you will make use of the on/off switch and then if you are just beginning then you can proceed to use the speed control buttons that is found right at the top of the device. It contains a soft grip that is used to make the hand mixer much more comfortable while using so you can mix perfectly the ingredients. This KitchenAid KHM7210OB is built with a very powerful DC motor that is able to operate at 150 watts that delivers well and the best part is that it also operates quietly. Another feature that makes this KitchenAid KHM7210OB perform different from the rest is the accessories that have been attached to it like the stainless steel beaters that will mix all kinds of ingredients from light to heavy with exceptions of the bread dough, another accessory tagged with this mixer is the whisk that has been constructed with up to 16 stainless steel wires on it that will allow you add more fluff into whipping. And when you want to remove all these accessories after completion then you can make use of the ejection button using a single handed press button. This 2 pounds lightweight comes with a sleek and compact shape of 3.5 x 8 x 6 inches allowing you hold it for long and pack it easily. Finally the back contains an angled heel while at the front next to the buttons is an air vent.
- Turbo beater II; when it comes to a hand mixer or any other kind of mixer, a beater is very important as it has the ability to mix all ingredients including the heavy ones depending on how strong it really is. With this KitchenAid KHM7210OB, you will come across a turbo beater II which is one of the accessories found on it that is made with stainless steel so it maintains its durability longer. This particular one is made with strong materials and it has been created to help mix heavy ingredients perfectly within a short time. Another advantage of this turbo beater II is that cleaning it is so simple especially with the fact that it is created dishwasher safe.
- Soft start feature; this feature has the advantage of lessening on the amount of ingredients that will spatter around and in most cases there won’t even be a single one. This feature will bring the beaters up to the amount of speed that you have selected gradually and this way the ingredients won’t be able to spatter around like in a way it would if you started with a fast and high speed. It works slowly mixing the ingredients and this way they won’t spatter up in the air and out but rather soften so that when you increase the speed it will have settled by then.
- Ejector button; this KitchenAid KHM7210OB has a way of making ingredient mixing so easy especially now with its advanced beater ejector button that is created to help quickly and easily eliminate any of the accessories from the hand mixer especially when you have to store. To activate this ejector button you will have to press the button just with a single hand and they will all be ejected instantly.
- Lockable swivel cord; the cord on this KitchenAid KHM7210OB is actually entirely lockable allowing you to mix the ingredients from any angle that you want to start with. you can perform this by either locking the cord to the right side or left side of the mixer. This cord is created in a round shape which makes it very easy especially when you have to clean.
- Low power output; this KitchenAid KHM7210OB only uses a motor power that is only 150watts which cannot be measured up in regards to other powerful mixers that use over 200 motor watts at a time. This means this power is not sufficient in most cases to mix very heavy ingredients especially heavy dough’s for bread and so on. This low motor output also means that the speed won’t be as fast and in the ones with higher motor speeds.
- Breville BHM500RXL Handy Mix Digital Hand Mixer 4.0
- Backlit LCD with a timer function
- 16 different speeds
- Twin beater 200watts action
- Non tip heel rest
- One wire whisk
- Stainless steel
- Two flat beaters
- Two dough hooks
- Digital hand mixer
- 6 pounds in weight
- 8 x 6.2 x 7.3 inches
Breville BHM500RXL is the first in this category that contains a mixing timer to allow you mix the best ingredients without overdoing it or even under doing it. This timer will let to correctly be able to trail the mixing time for the best results that will be displayed all through the LCD display unit that is backlit so that you can clearly read the results without moving so close. It is operated digitally so that there is no hard work that is why it is loved by most people. Its powerful motor of up to 200 watts with a twin beater action is the reason you will mix the ingredients regardless of its nature within a very short tome as well as effectively. Whereas other hand mixer have limited speeds with majority having less than 10 speed levels, this Breville BHM500RXL comes with a whopping 16 speed levels that will allow you switch through depending on the mixture at the moment. The heels are built with non tip materials so that it can rest well without being unstable. Some of the other accessories that this Breville BHM500RXL comes with include the one wire whisk, two flat beaters as well as two dough hooks that will all assist you whist mixing your ingredients. With this handy digital hand mixer, it is nearly impossible to miss a stand mixer now!
- Lightweight; when a mixer contains all the perfect features on it that are able to easily mix all kinds of ingredients from the light to the heavy, you would expect it to be heavy in weight as well but luckily Breville BHM500RXL is a very light hand mixer. For that reason, you will enjoy carrying it even longer till your ingredients is properly mixed and even then you won’t feel any heavy burden. It only weights 2.6 pounds in overall weight and with ingredients placed in, it will still be light enough to work with.
- Timer; this is probably one of the few hand mixers that you will find that contains a timer on it with the time being displayed on the LCD backlit display unit. Actually to me this was one of the greatest features because I no longer had to constantly keep looking at the clock trying so hard to figure out the exact time when I started mixing my ingredient. With this timer right on the display showing me how much time has passed by with the mixer running I now know when to stop.
- 16 speed levels; this is almost certainly the only hand mixer that you will find at the moment with up this 16 speed levels on it because most of them have a lot less than this. These speed levels are the reason you won’t go searching for another hand mixer as you can switch to the different speeds depending on what you are working on. you can first start with the lower speeds in order to stop the ingredients from spattering all over the place then you can keep on increasing gradually using the + button placed on it.
- Three mixing attachments; you will never run out of any mixing tool with the three mixing attachments that are found on this Breville BHM500RXL. It contains like the regular beaters that will operate perfectly, then the single whisk accessory that is able to whip egg whites as well as cream without any single difficulty and finally the double dough hooks that work rather effectively.
- Comfortable; it is so uncomfortable when you have to use a hand mixer that contains a handle that is not so user friendly. Fortunately that one found on this Breville BHM500RXL is made of great materials that feel comfortable in the hand and it has been constructed in a curved way which is the perfect shape for controlling it allowing you hold it for the right amount of time in which the mixture needs to be perfect.
- Pricey mixer; Breville BHM500RXL might be good in quality and effective but truth be told that it is a little pricy.
4. Hamilton Beach 62695V Power Deluxe Hand Mixer
- Peak power of 275 watts
- Quick burst button
- 6 speed levels
- Traditional beaters and whisk
- Bowl rest feature
- Special low speed
- Snap cord
- Deluxe wrap
- 5 pounds in weight
- 9 x 4 x 5.5 inches in dimensions
Hamilton Beach 62695V is the reason you will be able to easily decadent cake or whip up an airy meringue in as few minutes as possible with the best results. It is a very reliable appliance when you not only want to mix your ingredients but also whisk and fold as well. It is built with a peak power of up to 275 watt motor that will allow you accomplish every task including the heavy ones as well. It is compact allowing it deliver maximum versatility and power. It contains a built-in bowl rest that allows you easily set in the mixture down while adding ingredients to it and this way you won’t mess up the kitchen counter with whisk, beaters that are probably dripping and so on. Its speed levels are up to 6 speeds that are inclusive of the slower first speed that is designed to help minimize on any cases of spattering and it also contains a quick burst function that is placed below the speed control that performs through providing additional power at any speed selected. To select any of the above speeds you will have to push the button that is atop the handle just using your thumb. The cord of this Hamilton Beach 62695V is completely tangle free while the beaters and the whisk are built with dishwasher safe materials. When you have finished and all cleaned up then you can store this hand mixer in its snap on case that is so convenient and safe.
- Minimizes spatters; this is a very important feature when you are choosing a hand mixer or any other mixer in this case and the fact that this Hamilton Beach 62695V has the ability to minimize spatters makes it a top advantage. It does this through the low speed that is found on it and it will incorporate flour or any other ingredients that is dry because most times they can be a mess particularly when using the traditional beaters. This amazing low speed function will provide you with much more control and in the end prevent spattering of your ingredients all over the place.
- Storage case; this Hamilton Beach 62695V is built with a snap on storage case that will allow you to easily store your hand mixer with all its other attachments safely in the space case. This way you will easily find it when you have to use it instead of having to dig through all the drawers trying to find where you placed your attachment. This storage case contains a door that is so easy to access and it is big enough to fit all the attachments as well as the cord in together.
- High peak power; so far this is the first hand mixer in this category with the highest peak power of up to 275 watt motor. This also means that it will be able to operate quickly and effectively regardless of how heavy the ingredients you are trying to mix are. This Hamilton Beach 62695V therefore will perfect the mixture way better than other appliances or even better than the traditional ones that use much lesser speed.
- Bowl rest; most hand mixers you will find probably don’t contain a built in bowl rest like this particular Hamilton Beach 62695V. This bowl rest will make it very easy to set the mixture especially when you are adding ingredients to the bowl allowing the mixture be able to hand on the edge of the bowl rather than mess up the entire place on the counter with contents dripping from the beater or whisk.
- Quick burst button; this Hamilton Beach 62695V is built with a quick burst button on it that is so easy to access as it is located just below the speed control settings unit. This button can be activates with just a thumb and it is built to ensure that there is additional charge that is available at any of the speeds you have selected for powering throughout all the tasks particularly the tougher ones.
- Noisy; this Hamilton Beach 62695V is not entirely a quiet one as it lets up some noise the moment the motor is turned on. The noise will depend on what you are mixing at the moment like if its light then less noise but if its heavy and the speed higher then more noise. This can be irritating especially when you want to have a peaceful and quiet mixing moment.
5. Oster 2500 Inspire 240-Watt 5-Speed Hand Mixer
- Five speed settings
- 240 watt motor
- Single touch beater eject
- Ergonomic design
- Chrome beaters and dough hooks
- 7 pounds in weight
- 4 x 4.2 x 7.3 inches in dimensions
Oster 2500 Inspire Hand Mixer is the lightest hand mixer in this category with only 1.7 pounds making operation with it very easy due to the lightweight that will accomplish even big tasks. This easy to use mixture will make your family and friends very delighted with the delicious cakes and muffins that you will make. It is very versatile in make allowing it be able to make various batch after another with each one of them delivering the same results easily and quickly. The Oster 2500 Inspire Hand Mixer is built with a 240 watt motor power that will deliver nonstop mixing of different tasks from the lightweight to the heavy ones. Connected to this motor power is the burst power feature that will permit additional power with just a simple touch of a button. Another feature that made us choose this Oster 2500 Inspire Hand Mixer among our top five best hand mixers is the 5 speed control that will you explore through the different speeds starting with the lower ones so that the mixture won’t easily spatter around. Finally is the single touch beater eject that allows you to easily eliminate the dough hooks and beaters simply after you have completed the mixing method. This beautiful hand mixer has been built with an ergonomically constructed handle that will provide maximum comfort during the mixing process.
- Burst of power function; this is one of the features that makes this Oster 2500 Inspire Hand Mixer a must have especially if you are a person that loves baking or cooking for your family and friends delicious meals. This feature will provide additional mixing power while you are using it so that it is able to effectively mix all the batters regardless of how light or heavy it really is. Not only will it do that alone but it will also as well allow you have a mixing speed that is even regardless of which speed you have chosen out of the provided five speed levels. With this burst of power function, every kind of mixing will come easy and for that reason you will enjoy every moment of it.
- Easy to use; this is the most uncomplicated hand mixer when it comes to how to operate because most of the functions are started or concluded with just a single button touch. First of all, to use the one or off switch you will click on the button once, then in order to choose one of the speeds you will also single click as well till you get what you want and you will do the same for the burst power feature. Finally there is the one touch beater eject that will provide you with simple clean up that is very fast and also allowing proper storage.
- Ergonomic design; this 2500 Inspire Hand Mixer has been created with the comfort of every user in mind that is why it contains an ergonomic design that will allow you to have a contour grip while mixing so that you have maximum ease as well as comfort. This handle especially will be gentle in the hands so that you don’t get any irritation due to friction caused or just discomfort in the hands. Through this ergonomic grip, you will be able to mix your ingredients perfectly for long due to the comfort brought by it.
- Lightweight; I mentioned earlier that this is the lightest hand mixer in this category because it only weighs 1.7 pounds and this is one of the best qualities of a good hand mixer. This is because unlike the stand mixtures or the traditional ones, with a hand mixer you will be carrying it in your hands for long as you mix so it is very important that the weight is little and not heavy so that you won’t struggle instead and be uncomfortable but rather the vice versa.
- Thin bottom; the bottom part of this Oster 2500 Inspire Hand Mixer and almost in a rounded shape which is a problem because most times while using the mixture, it will tend to tip over even if you have tried your best to put it in an upright position and this will lead to spatters all over. Sometimes it might even tip over causing it to automatically switch on and cause spatters all over.
- Loud; unfortunately this Oster 2500 Inspire Hand Mixer is not the quietest of all when its being used while mixing. It is able to output a loud sound especially when you keep on mixing and this can be interrupting especially when the kitchen door is open and people are in the next room watching television, reading or any other activity that doesn’t require noise.
****OUR BEST CHOICE****
1. Cuisinart HM-90S Power Advantage Plus 9-Speed Handheld Mixer
WHAT MAKES CUISINART HM-90S HAND MIXER OUR BEST CHOICE?
- Peak power of 220 watt motor
- Three low start speeds
- Simple on and off button
- 9 speed options
- Automatic feedback
- One touch speed control
- No spattering
- Snap on clear storage bag
- Easy to operate
- Extra long beaters
- Chef’s whisk
- Swiveling cords
- Quiet usage
This marks the end of this detailed review on the ‘’Best Hand Mixers – 2018 ’’. Bookmark this post for quick reference.