Have you been searching for an innovative razor that you could use to achieve good…
5 Best Merkur Safety Razors – Detailed Review
If you’re a type of man who likes achieving a closer and painless shave but when you’re not willing to use a straight-razor, then a double-edge safety-razor will do the shaving job perfectly for you without even causing severe injuries. In fact, safety-razors can offer someone with an incredibly close-shave less or no-irritation and this actually makes them one of the best shaving-tools for people in need of traditional wet-shave when at home. Additionally, safety-razors can also help in the creation of a real old-school effect that many men would love to get hence making it a perfect shaving-tool for styling some beard-styles or mustaches. all in all, in this article i have featured some of the best Merkur Safety Razors that will provide you with a clean and safer shaving experience if used properly and it would be of great importance for you to first take a brief look at these 5 Best Merkur Safety Razors before making a purchase;
TOP 5 CONTENDERS – 2017
- Merkur-Razor Merkur Safety Razor #25c – Check price on Amazon*********Good on Sensitive skins
- Merkur HD 34C, Chrome Plated– Check price on Amazon
- Merkur Model 38 Hd Classic “Barber Pole” Long Safety Razor- Check price on Amazon
- Merkur Long Handled Safety Razor – Check price on Amazon
- Merkur Futur Adjustable Safety Razor (700) Razor – Check price on Amazon
WHAT TO LOOK FOR WHEN BUYING A MERKUR SAFETY-RAZOR:
- Design of the safety-razor head (safety-bar or open-comb): one of the factors you should consider when purchasing a Merkur safety razor is the design of its head. In fact, some safety-razors are equipped with a safety-bar head while others feature an open-comb head and it’s up to you to choose a type that works best in accomplishing you’re shaving needs. So you should know that an open-comb head features visible teeth that help to beards/hair into the blades while safety-bar heads less-aggressive shave by protecting the skin from the blades while shaving. In fact, safety-bar razor are the best option for beginners because they offers a less-aggressive shave and extra protection. However, most experienced wet-shaver prefer using an open-comb safety-razor because it gives them more control coupled with a closer and smoother shave but the risk of injuring the face will be high.
- Length of the handle: safety-razors usually come in either a classic or long-handled design/version and it’s actually up to you to choose a safety-razor handle that works best for you. In fact, most men prefer using long-handled versions because they are a bit easier to use and even provide them with extra-control while shaving. However, the length of the handle does not matter and it the quality of the shave that matters most. All in all, the length of the handle is taken as a personal-preference whereby people with larger-hands will prefer using long-handled-versions while those with small-hands will be able to use safety-razors with classic-handles.
- Weight of the Safety-razor: most men find it much easier to use heavy-handled safety-razors in order to gain more control while shaving but there also some men who prefer using ultra-lightweight safety-razors. so, it best to first tryout a safety-razor by holding it in order to know whether it feels better in your hands before making a purchase. However, you should know that all safety-razors a bit heavier than any disposable or plastic razor and this means that it may take you some time to get used to the extra-weight of a safety-razor while shaving. all in all, the weight of the safety-razor is a matter of personal-preference and its actually up to you to choose a safety-razor that feels great in the hands while shaving.
- Fixed or adjustable blade-design: most Merkur safety razors on the market feature a fixed-blade whereby the distance between the blade and the safety-bar is set. However, there are also some Merkur safety-razor models that feature an adjustable-blade which enables the user to set how much portion of the blade is to be exposed. But you should know safety-razors with adjustable-blades are a bit more expensive than those with fixed-blades because of the extra-convenience of being able to adjust the gap between the safety-bar and blade hence making them a hybrid of an open-comb razor and safety-bar razor.
- The Price-range: the other important factor you should consider when buying a Merkur safety-razor is the price. So, it’s not advisable to go for a high-end, expensive safety-razor unless your fully-familiar and comfortable with using a safety-razor. In fact, there are several low-priced safety-razors that can provide you with almost the same quality-shave like high-end razors. However, you should also avoid buying cheap safety-razors sometimes because they may not be able to last for longer than expensive safety-razors. Lastly, you should also consider buying a safety-razor that fall within your budget because it will also provide you with a clean and smooth shave.
5 Best Merkur Safety Razors:
- Merkur-Razor Merkur Safety Razor #25c:
- A chrome-plated surface.
- It uses double-edge blades.
- Made of high-quality materials.
- It features a great design.
- It features dimensions of 3 x 2 x 3 inches.
- A long-textured handle.
The Merkur Safety Razor #25c is an advanced shaving-tool that features a great sleek and chrome-plated body that will give your bathroom table a great look. In fact, the Merkur-Razor Merkur Safety Razor #25c is designed to use double-edge blades in order to provide the user with extremely smooth, close and safe shave with less or no-irritation. On the other hand, this safety-razor is equipped with a long textured-handle that provides the user with firm-grip while shaving under wet-conditions. Additionally, this safety-razor is made of high-quality stainless-steel coupled with a chrome-plating on top and this actually makes it rust-resistant and very durable.
- The Merkur Safety Razor #25c provides an extremely closer shave but you should consider using it carefully so that you don’t irritate yourself. However, you should consider using a good shaving-cream in order to achieve effective shaving-results with less or no irritation.
- The Merkur Safety Razor #25c facilitates for easy blade replacement whereby you will just have to unscrew its handle, lift-off the bottom-section and then replace your blade.
- This safety-razor is also very easy to clean-up because it features an all-metal frame with a chrome-plating. In fact, this makes it extremely durable and rust-resistant.
- The safety-razor is also very affordable yet its equipped with some of the best features. In fact, this means that anyone will be able to acquire one of these razors in order to achieve a very close and smooth shave at home.
- Lastly, this safety-razor is very gentle on the skin whereby both men and women can use it to shave hair in different parts of the body. However, you need to be extra-careful when shaving with a safety-razor especially if you’re new to using safety-razors.
- The Merkur Safety Razor #25c can actually irritate your skin and cause razor-burns incase you don’t use it in a proper way and if you’re also new to shaving with safety-razors.
- This safety-razor also requires you to learn the correct blade-angle or shaving-angle in order to achieve a smoother and cleaner shave.
- This safety-razor also requires patience while using it to shave and this actually implies that it won’t work for people who prefer rushing when it comes to shaving.
- An Extra-thick handle.
- Made in Germany.
- A chrome-plated body.
- A textured handle for a reliable grip.
- It features a great design.
- It’s a double-edge safety razor.
The Merkur HD 34C is Chrome-Plated safety-razor that uses double-edge blades so as to provide the user with a more comfortable and smoother shave. In fact, this safety-razor features an extra-thick, textured handle which provides the user with a more comfortable and firm grip while shaving under wet-conditions while its excellent design makes look awesome when placed on the countertop of your bathroom. On the other hand this safety-razor is made out high-quality metal-materials which make it feel a bit hefty and weighty thus facilitating for an effortless shave. All in all, this is a great safety-razor for people new to using safety-razors because it offers a less-aggressive shave and even uses regular double-edge blades.
- The Merkur HD 34C safety-razor features an excellent and sturdy design which makes it very easy-to-use and this design even adds some beauty to your bathroom.
- This safety-razor also feels hefty and weighty in order to facilitate for more effortless shave. In fact, most men prefer using safety-razors that feel heavy because they make them feel comfortable and in control when shaving.
- It is also very easy to learn using the Merkur HD 34C since it’s a double-edge safety-razor. In fact, this makes it perfect safety-razor for those new to using double-edged razors.
- The replacement double-edge blades used with this safety-razor are very affordable and this actually makes the Merkur HD 34C safety-razor very convenient to use.
- The Merkur HD 34C safety-razor is also very easy to clean and does not even clog hair like other shaving-tools. This is because it features a great and simple design that facilitates for quick and easy clean-up.
- Shaving with a safety-razor actually increases on your shaving-time which in order to achieve effective results without irritating your skin.
- This safety-razor also features a slightly smaller and shorter handle that may not work perfectly for people with larger hands.
- Merkur Model 38 Hd Classic “Barber Pole” Long Safety Razor:
- A Barber-Pole Handle.
- A Solid brass core/frame.
- A polished chrome finish.
- 3-3/4 Inch long-handle for a firm-grip.
- It’s made in Solingen-Germany.
- It features a double-edge design.
Merkur Model 38 Hd is a Classic Safety-Razor that features a long barber-pole handle in order to provide the user with a comfortable and firm grip while shaving. In fact, this safety-razor features a solid brass core/frame with a polished chrome-finish in order thus making the Merkur Model 38 HD Classic very durable and rust-resistant. On the other hand, the Merkur Model 38 HD Classic safety-razor features a double-edge design and this implies that it can be used along with a double-edge blade in order to provide the user with a closer and smooth shave. Lastly, the Merkur Model 38 HD Classic “Barber-Pole” Safety Razor is made in Solingen Germany using high-quality components.
- This safety-razor features a solid-brass core which makes it feel a bit heavier and this actually mean that the Merkur 38-Hd classic will do a better shaving-job by simply using its own weight in order to apply the necessary pressure onto the skin while shaving.
- It is also very easy to replace the blades on this safety-razor because you can easily unscrew the bottom of the handle and then the blade-guard will come off completely thus facilitating for a safer and quick blade-replacement.
- This safety-razor can easily irritate your skin in case you’re rushing and if you don’t extra-care while shaving. In fact, always remember to start slowly using short strokes in order to achieve a smoother and clean shave with less or no skin-irritation.
- It features a double-edge design.
- An extra-long, textured handle.
- A strong stainless-steel frame.
- A chrome finish.
The Merkur Long Handled-Safety Razor is great classic safety-razor that was designed to provide the user with an extra-close, high-quality shaving experience. In fact, this safety-razor features a solid stainless-steel frame coupled with a chrome-finish which makes it very durable and resistant to rust while its long textured-handle provides the user with a firm and comfortable grip even under wet or soapy conditions. All in all, the Merkur Long Handled Safety-Razor is also made in Germany with high-quality materials so as to provide the user a more durable and effective shaving-tool.
- This safety-razor uses standard double-edge blades which are actually very affordable and even provide the user with very clean and comfortable shave.
- This Merkur safety-razor features a great textured, long handle that provides a firm-grip especially for people with large-hands.
- This safety-razor can actually put you at risk of getting nicks if not used in a proper way. So, this means that have to be extra-careful when using this safety-razor although it offers a closer shave.
- A Double-Edge Design.
- An Adjustable razor-blade angle.
- A Beautiful Satin/matte finish.
- Made in Germany.
- A heavy, ergonomic handle.
- It weighs 4.3 ounces (122-grams).
The Merkur Futur-700 is a classic, adjustable razor-blade angle safety-razor that was designed to provide the user with an effective and comfortable shaving-experience. In fact, this safety-razor features a beautiful satin/matte finish which makes it very durable and water-resistant while its heavy stainless-steel frame makes it feel very comfortable to hold when shaving. On the other hand, Merkur Futur-700 is a double-edge safety razor and this means that it standard DE-blades to provide the user with a closer and comfortable shave.
- This safety-razor can actually enable you to achieve a mild or aggressive shave by simply adjusting its blade-exposure dial.
- The Merkur Futur-700 also feels hefty or solid when held into the hands and this actually enables the user to achieve more comfortable and smooth shaving-experience.
- The Merkur Futur-700 is equipped with a slightly short handle and this implies that it may not work perfectly for people with long and large hands.