Best Mobile Apps for Elementary Students – Recommended By Teachers
Today, there are many Apps designed specifically for elementary students and teachers with mobile-devices in-order to help enhance on teaching-learning process. In fact, all the Apps featured below range from games, maths to literacy Apps in-order to provide elementary students will all the content required to learn more efficiently and effectively at school.
List of the Elementary Learning Apps for Students:
- Analogies 4 Kids App: This App helps to challenge young minds on their cognitive skills and it actually plays a big-role in analytical thinking, problem solving, perception, spatial-skills, memory and creativity. On the other hand, Analogy questions are usually asked in gifted and talented programs in-order to help students learn new things faster.
- Barefoot World Atlas App: This App helps to put the world at your children’s fingertips in-order to help them learn new things about this planet. In fact, any student can use this App to fly around an interactive 3D globe and discover the rich wonders of our planet. All in all, it’s a great App for students who are interested in exploration and geography.
- Motion Math App: This App helps students to improve on their ability to perceive and estimate fractions in multiple forms. In fact, the Motion Math HD follows a star that has fallen from space and must bound back up to its home in the stars but moving fractions to their correct place on the number-line is the only way to return them. Lastly, this App is developed at the Stanford School of Education and it’s available on the App-store.
- Explain Everything Classic App: This App is designed to help elementary-students animate their thinking. In fact, this App will help students share their thoughts to others inform of animations which helps to improve on their creativity-levels, analytical-thinking and problem solving.
- Evernote: This App is designed to help students capture notes and sync then across all devices. In fact, this App will even help to organize your personal and professional projects, take notes, create to-do lists and also save things you find online. Lastly, this App is very easy to navigate or use and it’s available on the App-store.
- The Calculator: This App is actually for free on the App-store and it will help elementary-students do simple calculations like; Addition, subtraction, Multiplication and Dividing while using their mobile-devices whether in the classroom or at home when doing homework.
- Sock Puppets App: This App allows students to create their own lip-synched videos and share them on Facebook and YouTube. In fact, with this App you just have to add Puppets, props, scenery, backgrounds and then click on the record button and the puppets will automatically lip-synch to your voice.
- Comic Life App: This is a great App for making comics and it will actually work perfectly for any elementary-student most especially those who love comics. Additionally, this App is very easy to use and it’s even available on the App-store so that students can easily access and download it on their mobile-devices.
- Cinderella by Nosy Crow App: This App allows elementary-students to play inside the Cinderella fairytale. In fact, this App features beautiful illustrations, exciting animation and original music which make it one of the best picture book Apps on the market today. Lastly, this App is very is to use and it’s readily available on the App Store.
- Little Solver – Figural Analogies App: This is a fun and exciting game designed to help kids sharpen their minds by developing critical thinking and analytical reasoning skills. On the other hand, although a figure-analogy is just a comparison that points out relationships between things that are different, it actually plays a significant role in developing analytical-reasoning, problem-solving, perception and spatial-relational skills amongst kids. Lastly, this App is very easy to learn or use and it’s available on the App-store.
- Snow White by Nosy Crow App: This App allows little-students to play inside the Snow White fairytale. In fact, this App features beautiful-artwork, stunning-animation, ingenious-interactivity, original-music, voice-work and sound-effects that make it a favorite App for most little girls. Additionally, the Snow White by Nosy Crow is readily available on the App-Store for easy access and downloading onto your mobile-devices.
- Brian Cox’s Wonders of the Universe: This App is designed to help elementary-students take a great 3D tour of the Universe with Professor Brian Cox as their guide. This is a good App for students who love exploring the universe and it’s even available on the App-store for easy downloading onto your mobile-devices.
- Alice for the iPad App: This is a njoy Lewis Carroll’s original Alice in Wonderland App that has been digitally remastered for use on the iPad. In fact, this App features great scenes like; throwing tarts at the Queen of Hearts, witnessing the Cheshire cat disappear and helping the Caterpillar smoke his hookah-pipe. Additionally, this App contains hundreds of pages and amazing animated scenes including educational-topics like physics modeling that brings John Tenniel’s gorgeous illustrations to life.
- audioBoom App: This App allows elementary-students to hear the best audio and podcasts from across the globe and its even readily available on the App-store for easy downloading onto your mobile-device.
- Doodle Buddy for iPad: This App is designed to help elementary-students draw, paint, scribble and sketch using their iPads. In fact, this App is very easy to use and even features an undo button in case you mess-up or you can simply shake the iPad to start-over. However, this App is very addictive and teachers should only allow their students to use it during certain lessons.
- GarageBand: This App helps to turn your Mobile-device into a collection of Touch Instruments and a full-featured recording studio. So, elementary-students will be able make music on their smart-devices from anywhere using this App and it’s also readily available on the App-store.
- Solid Craft: This App allows elementary-students to create their own 3D characters or objects by simply assembling 3D pixel-blocks. In fact, you can easily order your 3D models for 3D printing to have a hand-crafted object and even share your creations on the online gallery.
- The Sandbox 2: This App enables elementary-students to make their own games or levels and then share these creations online. In fact, this App doesn’t put limits to your creativity and imagination and it’s also readily available on the App-store.