Men with very sensitive skins - you should opt for Wet & dry electric razors because…
9 Best Electric Shavers For Sensitive Skin
WHAT WE LIKE ABOUT BRAUN SERIES 9290CC & NORELCO 7500?
- Both models are wet and dry shavers – meaning you can use them with your favorite shaving cream to reduce on skin irritation.
- Both have smooth shaving heads / foils. Braun series 9 is a foil shaver but its foils are thin & smooth so the shaver gently maneuvers over your skin with pulling / irritating it but cut as close as possible. On the other hand, Norelco 7500 features comfort rings and smooth shaving heads which are comfortable on skin and effective on beards.
- Both models pivot to different directions thus follow your facial contours leaving you with a clean close shave.
- They both have precision blades which cut flat-lying hairs, short stubble and hair which grow in different directions – while protecting your skin.
BEST ELECTRIC SHAVER FOR SENSITIVE SKIN
REVIEWS OF THE 5 BEST ELECTRIC SHAVERS FOR SENSITIVE SKINS
|Wet & Dry|
|Cross-cutting actions per minute|
40,000 per minute
|Contour Flex Head|
BRAUN SERIES 9-9095CC REVIEW:
Its Optifoil is very thin – it lifts up flat-lying hairs for cutting but at the same time keep your skin safe.
It is a very fast electric shaver (making 40,000 cross-cutting actions per minute) – designed to capture different types of hair but at the same time protect your skin.
- 5 Shaving Elements: – Braun series 9 features 4 cutting elements and 1 SkinGuard. They work together so that you get a clean comfortable shave. Each shaving element is specialized for different types of hair – so every time the hair density / type changes, the machine will automatically kick in a specialized shaving element for that hair type. You will make fewer strokes – resulting into less skin irritation.
- SyncroSonic: – Braun series 9 features the latest Patented SyncroSonic Technology. This technology helps the shaver to automatically adapt to your beard density thus adjust motor & blade power basing on beard thickness. Once the shave gets to spots with very thick beards, more power will be used so that you get a clean close shave. All this is done without pulling / nicking your skin.
- 10-D contour adaptation:- This shaver has a fully flexible shaving head which adapts to your facial contour and captures more hair in just one stroke. You don’t need to pull your skin to create a flat surface; the shavers head will easily adapt to your facial contour thus treat each contour equally and give you a clean close shave.
- Shave wet or dry:- Since you have a very sensitive skin, you need to shave with foam or gel. When you apply gel, foam on your beards before shaving – they become soft and very easy to shave. Braun series 9-9095cc performs very well with gel / shaving foam. So enjoy your wet shave at any given time of the day.
GentlePrecisionPRO Blade System
|Wet and Dry (Shower Proof)|
|Battery: Shaving Time|
|SmartClean Cleaning System|
|Replacement Blade Reference|
|Flexible Shaving Head|
PHILIPS NORELCO ELECTRIC SHAVER 7500 REVIEW:
If you’re a great fan of rotary shavers but in need of a model which is friendly to sensitive skins, then look no further than this because Norelco 7500 has been tailored for sensitive skins. Its shaving heads have been revised, they are very smooth and it delivers a pretty close shave without pulling / nicking your skin.
Philips’ No.1 On Sensitive Skin – Comfort With Anti-Friction Microbead Coating For A Smooth Glide
Since it is made for sensitive skins, It won’t shave as close as shavers that are not made for sensitive skins – blades don’t get in-contact with your skin (this is a preventive measure – however, you will still get a good, clean shave). Norelco 7500 is Wet & Dry but it is better you opt for wet shaving since your skin is sensitive.
- Comfort Rings: – Norelco 7500 features comfort rings with a special anti-friction coating. The powder-like beads found in the shavers head give it a smooth surface so it can glide over your skin smoothly without irritating it.
- DynamicFlex Technology:- Norelco’s shaving head can effortlessly move in 5 directions – following each and every facial contour thus capturing and cutting even the shortest hairs in hard-to-shave areas.
- Gentle Precision Blades:- Norelco 7500 features upgraded Gentle Precision blades that cut very close – capturing both flat-lying hairs and short stubble while protecting your skin. The shaver might not shave as close as a safety razor simply because it has to protect your skin from direct contact with blades, but it will offer you with good clean results.
- AquaTec Technology:-Sensitive skins do well with wet shaving. Applying shaving cream a few minutes before shaving makes the beards soft and easy to shave. Norelco 7500 AquaTec Technology enables you to wet shave from anywhere. The shaver is 100% water proof – so feel free to shave under the shower.
|Wet & Dry|
|Smart Sonic Technology|
|Clean & Charge Station|
50min cordless shaving
BRAUN SERIES 7 7865CC REVIEW:
Braun series 7-7865cc is one of the best shaver series ever produced by BRAUN. The 7-7865cc is a wet & dry shaver (better than Series 7 790cc). It will provide you with exceptional shaving results and skin comfort without any compromises.
This state of the Art wet & dry shaver is powerful and skin friendly. It cuts more hair in one stroke (more that most wet & dry shavers on the market).
Wet & Dry Braun Series 7 Shaver That Reads and Adapts to Your Beard. It is an exceptional shaver for Sensitive skins.
For those who would like to use Braun Series 7 790cc on a sensitive skin, I don’t recommend you to do so because sensitive skins don’t do well with dry shaving. Braun Series 7 7865cc features 4 specialized shaving elements which adjust according to beard density, thin shaving foils which move gently on your skin and a pivoting head which shaves hard-to-reach areas.
- 8-D contour adaptation: – You don’t have to use force to get a close shave while using Braun Series 7 7865cc. It has a flexible head which features floating shaving elements that adapt to your facial contours thus capture more hair in one stroke. All hard-to-shave areas like the neck and below the jaw can be reached easily with a flexible shaving head.
- Sonic technology: – All Braun series 7 models have this Sonic technology – it enables the shaver to read and adapt to your beard. The shaver will sense the density of your beard thus adjust its blades and shaving power basing on beard density. You will get a clean close shave without any nicking or skin irritation.
- Shave wet or dry: – When it comes to shaving a sensitive skin, wet shaving is the only option you have that is to why I have only listed Wet & Dry shavers on this list. Braun Series 7 7865cc supports the use of gel / foam – it is 100% water proof. Applying shaving cream makes beards soft and easy to shave – so no pressure will be required when shaving.
- 4 shaving elements: – Each of these shaving elements is customized for a specific hair type. When the shaver meets stubborn beards – it kicks in a powerful shaving element to deal with the beard. As a user you won’t feel any irritation when the shaver changes its shaving mode – but the beards will tell the difference in the shaver’s performance.
- Personalized Shaving: – You can as well choose the right shaving mode for your beards / skin type. Men with very sensitive skins, you can opt for a Sensitive mode – in this mode, the shaver will use less power to avoid skin irritation.
|Wet & Dry|
|Number of Blades|
|Pivoting Head Type|
|Multi-fit ARC Foil|
|Dual-Motor Cutting System|
|Active Shave Sensor|
|Premium Automatic Clean and Charge Station|
2-year limited warranty
PANASONIC ES-LV95-S ARC5 REVIEW:
If you have a thick heavy hard to shave beard and you need to shave on a weekly basis – Panasonic ES-LV95-S is the best shaver for you. It can also be used to shave your head – because of its wide shaving head & 5 blades that adjust according to hair length & thickness.
When I compared Panasonic Arc5 with Braun Series 7, Panasonic Arc5 is a little bit louder than Braun Series 7 – I guess this is so because of its powerful motor which runs at 14,000 cycles per minute – more that Braun Series 7’s 10,000 vibrations per minute.
‘’Multi-Flex™ Pivoting Head Enables This Shaver To Glide Smoothly Along The Individual Contours Of The Face, Chin, Neck And Jaw For Enhanced Shaver Comfort.’’
Since you have a sensitive skin, I argue you to use the wet shaving option. Apply your favorite shaving gel / cream so that your stubborn beards become soft and easy to shave.
For those who want to have bald heads, you can also use regular shaving cream – this is a powerful shaver featuring 5 blades – perfect for shaving bald heads.
- Smoothness:- Not all electric shavers for sensitive skins offer very close shaving & smoothness after shaving. This is so because they don’t have to get to close to the skin to avoid irritations. On the other hand, Panasonic ES-LV95-S features 5 ultra-sharp, ultra-thin Nanotech blades forged & horned to an acute angle of 30° – cutting as close as possible without irritating, nicking your skin.
- Active shaving sensor:- Panasonic ES-LV95 has a built-in Arc5 sensor which automatically detects a difference in beard density thus adjust its blades and shaving power to offer you with a quick close shave.
- High performance:- It uses a high-performance Arc5 linear motor designed to make 14,000 cycles per minute and ensure a peak performance throughout the all shaving process. Its strength and speed will guarantee you with perfect results in just a few strokes.
- Wet & Dry Convenience: – Since you have a sensitive skin, it is better you opt for a wet shaving option. Use your favorite shaving foam / gel to soften your beards before shaving. You can wash it using running tap water after shaving so that you remove shaving gel from blades.
- Flexible Micro-Foil Patterns: – Panasonic-ES-LV95 features 3 micro-thin Arc5 foils that capture flat-lying hair and hair that grows to different directions. The capture hair is then exposed to sharp Arc5 blades for close cutting. The micro-foil patterns are very thin and smooth so they won’t irritate your skin.
- Universal Voltage:- You don’t have to worry about your location because this shaver can work from all locations.
|Wet & Dry|
V-Track Precision Blade SystemBlade System
|Battery: Shaving Time|
50 min. / 1 hr.
|SmartClean Cleaning System|
|Replacement Blade Reference|
PHILIPS NORELCO ELECTRIC SHAVER 8900 REVIEW:
Norelco series 8900 is a wet and dry shaver featuring smooth shaving heads which are friendly on very sensitive skins. With Philips Norelco Series 8900 you can shave closer and comfortable. Since it is a wet and dry model, it can work with all sorts of shaving creams / gel.
Series 8900 is designed to follow your facial contours so you don’t have to stretch your skin to get a clean, uniform close shave. Its shaving heads can pivot to 8 directions thus making it easy to shave all hard-to-shave areas.
It cuts 10% more hair in a single pass and 30% closer to the skin.
Don’t expect a very close shave – simply because the blades don’t get in contact with your sensitive skin to avoid irritations.
- Contour Detect Technology & V-Track Precision Blades:- The contour detect technology and V-track precision blades will guarantee you with a quick, close and comfortable The shaver’s head will follow and cut all hairs that grow in different directions in different areas. The V-track precision Blades gather more hair for easy cutting.
- SmartClick Beard Styler:- If you have sideburns / mustache, you can use a smart click beard styler to shape or groom them.
- Wet & Dry:- Feel free to shave while in the shower because Norelco 8900 is 100% water proof and it can work with any shaving cream / gel.
HOW TO TAKE CARE OF A SENSITIVE SKIN?
People that have sensitive skins must always take extra care of their skins and below are some really important tips that you can follow;
- Refrain from chemical products;sensitive skin badly reacts to products that contain chemicals therefore however much you may like a product as long it contains chemicals you will definitely have to stay away from it. Products with high ethanol or ethyl alcohol content can cause great irritation to sensitive skin, always take not of such chemical ingredients before you go ahead and invest in a product.
- Use more of products that contain natural ingredients;natural ingredients such as chamomile, aloe Vera and Jojoba are very good at taking care of sensitive skin. If you have been suffering with an itchy skin, bumps and skin redness, such natural ingredients will help to soothe your skin and help to get rid of all those irritations. Also petroleum based products like jelly and Vaseline are very good at keeping the skin well moisturized and hydrated unlike lotions that leave the skin dry. During summer when the weather is very hot, light moisturizing creams are the best to use while during winter thicker creams are the most recommended.
- Look out for hypoallergenic products;hypoallergenic products don’t usually contain fumes dyes, very little or no alcoholic content, and don’t have acidic ingredients which makes them really appropriate for those with sensitive skin. Hypoallergenic products are the most advisable products for those with skin problems that come about as a result of allergies.
- Cover your skin in both very hot and very cold weather;people actually think that it is only extremely hot weather that makes the skin dry but extremely cold weather can also dry the skin out. Therefore in very temperatures cover up with light clothes, wear sun glasses and sun screen plus hats and in the very cold temperatures wear scarves, gloves, sweaters and jackets. Covering up your skin up in extreme weathers helps to keep your skin well moisturized and prevent it from becoming flaky.
- Apply sunscreen every day;the easiest way in which you can keep your skin well hydrated during very hot temperatures is by applying sun screen on the arms and face since those are the body parts that the sun directly hurts when they are exposed. It is best to use hypoallergenic sunscreen because sometimes using just any type of sun screen can also hurt the skin.
- Don’t stay in the shower too long;staying in the shower too long drains away oils that are supposed to protect the skin therefore you need to be to take only a few minutes in the shower. Additionally it is also important that you shower with just warm water and not hot water in order to prevent possibilities of your skin running dry.
- Take your time while shaving;when you have a sensitive skin, being extra careful while shaving is not a choice but a must because you can easily nick, cut or cause yourself irritations if you rush about it. You should always shave with shaving cream or foam and follow the direction your hair growth while shaving. When you have a sensitive skin you should never opt for dry shaving. Always makes sure that your shaver blades are sharp enough to avoid pulling hair and going over the same area several times.
- Wash your hands frequently all through the day;your hands are exposed to a lot of dirt and infections yet you use them to touch your face all day therefore you must wash your hands often to avoid infection your sensitive skin too or better yet always move with lotion rich in moisture and scentless so that you keep your hands moisturized and clean all day long.
- Avoid exfoliating your skin with rough scrub; you must be very gentle with your sensitive skin which is why it is advised that you don’t over rub your face or use rough scrub when exfoliation the skin. It is best if you use an exfoliation cream and gently smear it around the face very gently. Even when washing the face you need to be very careful not to cause your face any irritations.
- Improve eating habits;another really healthy way to take care of sensitive skin is by improving your eating habits, instead of eating a lot of junk and oily foods, focus more on eating fruits and vegetables. They contain vitamins that are very good for sensitive skin. These include foods like avocado, berries, mangoes, tomatoes, carrots, pumpkin and spinach but the list is endless. Also don’t forget that water is the healthiest thing you can have on your body therefore you must always drink lots and lots of water to keep the skin well moisturized and it also gets rid of acne.
- Best electric shaver
- Best Electric Head Shavers
- Best Beard Trimmer
- Best Body Groomer
- Best Hair Clipper
- Best Electric Shaver for Ingrown Hairs
- Best Electric Shaver for Women
- Best Safety Razor
- Best Laser Hair Removal Devices
This marks the end of this detailed review on the ‘’Best Electric Shaver for Sensitive Skin’’. Bookmark this post for quick reference