The Arama 262ft Laser Distance Meter is an accurate, well built, labor intensive and incredibly…
Fluke 419D Laser Distance Meter Review
Delivering a much longer working range along with greater accuracy there is absolutely no reason for you to over look the Fluke 419D Laser Distance Meter. This distance meter allows you to go all the way to 260 feet that is approximately 80 meters, this combination of long distance measurement, compatibility with a tripod and ability to store up to 20 complete displays makes this tool a favorite for many on the market. It shows off a larger three line backlit to ensure that you find it very easy to read measurements off the laser meter even when you are at a distance, in the dark or in low lighting conditions. It marks out defined lengths using the stake out feature while its inbuilt sensor changes the reference point automatically after sensing the bracket’s position. Along with so many other features, the Fluke 419D Laser Distance Meter is made with an IP54 body which amazingly resistant to water and dust.
What we like;
- 260ft measurement range; if you have been looking for the best long distance meter the Fluke 419D Laser Distance Meter is here to end your search. We have come across several distance meters but not many of them could as far as this one which has made it way too outstanding most especially for people working in larger spaces. The most interesting bit about this is that even if it does up to this far, it maintain high visibility and still delivers that kind of accuracy anyone would expect from a high quality distance meter.
- High accuracy; while working with the Fluke 419D Laser Distance Meter, be rest assured to end up with only correct measurements and nothing like errors. This distance meter has been designed with better advancement to make it more precise and much more accurate than the prior tool from Fluke
- 20 measurements storage; its storage ability is another features that has made the Fluke 419D Laser Distance Meter an exception from all the others on the market. In addition to its ability to store up to 20 of your last measures, it is detailed with an easy to recall device making it much easier you to access those previous measurements exactly when you need them. Using such an efficient device makes your job extremely easy.
- Simple one button operation; even for a person who has never used a distance meter before, it is super easy to figure out how to use the Fluke 419D Laser Distance Meter for the simple reason that this measuring tool starts only with the simple push of a button. And as soon as the button is pushed, the device starts to measure distance between two objects.
- Minimum and maximum function; during a certain specified period of time the 419D has the ability to identify what the minimum value measured was and what the maximum value was thus making calculations very simple for you.
- Stakeout function; the Fluke 419D Laser Distance Meter has been found very appropriate for interior projects such as installing wooden frames which is all as a result of the stakeout function that it features. This feature allows you to mark particular pre-defined lengths.
- Automatic end piece correction and correction sensor; this distance meter was constructed with the major aim of delivering completely accurate results. First of all it is in built with the correction sensor which automatically changes the reference point as soon as it detects that the position of the bracket. And secondly it adds on to it the automatic end piece correction which is very important when it comes to measuring corners and edges.
- 1P54 protection; as you work through the toughest job site conditions, you will have peace of mind that no damage will be caused to your device and this is all thanks to the IP54 protection against water and debris, this way the tool can last for a really long period of time.
- 5000 measurements per battery life; every time you put new batteries in this laser you are getting yourself ready to make as many as 5000 measurements, this is a really huge number hence making the Fluke 419D Laser Distance Meter really ideal for large scale measuring projects.
- Automatic power off function; to prevent your batteries from getting wasted, the Fluke 419D Laser Distance Meter comes with a power off function which is responsible for turning the device off when it is not in use.
- Pythagoras function; along with the simple addition and subtraction functions, the Fluke 419D Laser Distance Meter can also features the Pythagoras function. A function that measures height indirectly, it uses two other measurements to calculate a particular distance.
- Backlit display; you don’t too much lighting just to read measurements from this distance meter, because its display has backlighting for better readability at night, in areas that are dark or those with low lighting conditions.
What we don’t like;
- It doesn’t come with any instructions; the main complaint that I found about the Fluke 419D Laser Distance Meter is the fact that it doesn’t come with any instruction on how to use the device or how to install and replace its batteries. This is a burden for people who have completely no idea about such things.
The Fluke 419D Laser Distance Meter is an upgrade of the 414D from Fluke which obviously means that this version comes with better features, higher accuracy and more advanced technology. The 419D comes with a measurement range of up 260 feet or 80 meters and this has made really appropriate for so many applications. This tool comes with a bright laser pointer to make simple measurements like volume and area but it doesn’t stop at that, it also has additional functions like the Pythagoras function, maximum and minimum function, addition and subtraction among many others. It is a tripod compatible tool for added precision on different application and is made with strong IP54 rated construction for maximum protection against water and dust.