How To Be a SAP HANA Consultant
SAP HANA is an in-memory data platform that is deployed in the cloud or as an appliance. This platform allows for building of applications that integrate business-logic, control-logic and database-layers with exceptional performance. So, if you really want to become a SAP HANA consultant then you will need to learn more about this platform and path required to achieve this career as shown in the steps below:
Steps On How To Become A SAP HANA Consultant:
- Get basic knowledge about SAP: SAP is referred to as Systems Applications and Products in Data Processing. In fact, the SAP HANA in-memory computing platform will help you accelerate analytics, business processes, sentiment data processing and predictive capabilities. All in all, you should know that SAP HANA is an application that uses in-memory database technology to allow for processing of massive amounts of real-time data in a short time.
- Acquired the needed educational qualifications: In-order to become a SAP HANA consultant, you will need to educational-base covering all the aspects of the module along with any minimum essential qualifications. Additionally, you may also need a bachelor’s degree in human resources, information technology or business management and adequate training is important because SAP implementation is complex.
- Understand what SAP HANA is all about: SAP HANA is actually designed to process structured data from relational databases in both SAP and non-SAP coupled with applications and other systems rapidly. In fact, SAP HANA is capable of using 3 styles of data replication depending on the source of the data which can be; log-based, ETL-based or trigger-based. Afterwards, the relocated structured data is stored directly in memory and implies that such data can be accessed quickly in real time by the applications that use SAP HANA.
- Get to know the prominence of SAP HANA: Today, SAP-HANA has become the most suitable platform for building and deploying next-generation, real-time applications and analytics. In fact, SAP-HANA provides advanced capabilities like; predictive text analytics, spatial-processing and data-virtualization on the same architecture while simplifying application development and processing across big data sources and structures. Lastly, you should know that most big companies with lots of data/information from different platforms use SAP-HANA thus increasing the need or demand of people with skills in SAP-HANA.
- Understand the roles of a SAP HANA consultant: A SAP HANA Senior Consultant has a primary responsibility for the roll-out of technical and functional aspects of the HANA-solution. In fact, a SAP HANA consultant will lead the integration planning, design, implementation and support of SAP-HANA based solutions including SAP LT Replication Server, SAP ECC, SAP Data Services, SAP Business Warehouse (BW) and SAP BI/Business Objects in large and complex environments.
- Gain the required training and certifications: You will need to get the required training in SAP-HANA in-order to develop native software development skills on SAP-HANA modules. Additionally, it’s great to become a certified associate because it will help you differentiate your place in the job-market. However, getting a SAP Certification is not mandatory but it is recommended to get certified especially if you don’t have any experience in that field. All in all, getting certified makes you better suitable than having no experience.
- Start looking for SAP-HANA jobs: In the IT-Industry, SAP-HANA is considered as one of the best professions because it allows employees to build applications that integrate business-logic, control-logic and database-layer with exceptional performance. In fact, SAP-HANA plays a dominant role whenever there is a need to address the alignment of IT and business strategies. Lastly, companies having huge amounts of data and are using retail e-commerce applications greatly require a SAP-HANA platform to help them manage such amounts of data.