Many people today need treadmill for home-use due to the changing weather-conditions and busy workout-schedules.…
How to Buy a Treadmill
In case you don’t want weather to affect your workout-routine, then you should consider acquiring a treadmill because it can be used conveniently inside the house and any period of time. In fact, with a treadmill you can regularly walk, jog or run without worrying about bad weather-conditions but choosing the right treadmill to satisfy your fitness-needs can at times be a hard process. This because there are so many treadmill-options available on the market today and the best thing you can do to get a good treadmill is by focusing on what really need from a treadmill in order to meet your fitness-goals. So, in this article i have listed for you some of the steps that you can follow in order to acquire the best treadmill that will help you meet your fitness-goals.
SECTION-1: HOW TO EVALUATE YOUR TREADMILL NEEDS:
- Determine how the treadmill is going to be used: in order to get the best treadmill, you need to know how frequently or heavily it will be used and who will be using it. In fact, if a treadmill is going to get more use and intensive-workouts then consider buying one of high-quality for best fitness-results coupled with optimum-durability. on the other hand, if you’re going to use the treadmill mostly for running then get one equipped with a stronger motor, if it’s going to be used by multiple-runners and heavier-individuals then it should also be of high-quality and you should even consider the fitness-goals of every household-individual before acquiring a treadmill.
- Determine or figure-out how much space you have for the treadmill: you need to find and even measure the area you intend to place/store the treadmill before acquiring it. In case you have a room that is already prepared to act as a home-gym, then this means that you have permanent place to keep your treadmill. However, if you don’t have enough space to accommodate a treadmill then consider creating some space in the bedroom or any other safe-room that accommodate your treadmill. Additionally, you may consider getting a foldable treadmill if you don’t really have enough space within your house because foldable treadmills can easily be tucked away in a closet or corner after usage.
- Prepare a budget: before you begin looking for a treadmill, it’s very important to first come-up with a budget in order to know how much you will be willing to spend on a treadmill. in fact, treadmills cost anywhere between $200 to $5000 but you should consider getting a good-quality treadmill at about $1000 or more depending on your budget. On the other hand, cheaper treadmills are best suited for walkers and joggers while runners need mid-range and high-end treadmills which are abit pricey.
SECTION-2: KNOW WHAT LOOK FOR IN A TREADMILL:
- Take note of the treadmills motor: the motor-drive is one of the most important factors to consider when buying a treadmill. In fact, some treadmills are even equipped with dual motor-system whereby one-motor powers the treadbelt and the other powers the incline. On the other hand, it’s recommended to go for a treadmill that is equipped with a continuous-duty-motor coupled with at least a 2.0hp for best fitness-results when it comes to walking, jogging or running. However, if you plan to use the treadmill for running regularly then consider getting one equipped with a 2.5hp or 3.0hp motor drive-system.
- Determine the speed-settings of the treadmill: you need to consider the speed-settings of the treadmill before you buy one for training. In fact, most treadmills feature a wide-range of speed-settings in order to enable the user adjust to a speed the best suits his/her walking or running routine. So, it’s very important to know how fast you want your treadmill to move in order to know if the speed-range of a specific treadmill you’re about to buy is sufficient-enough for your workouts. All in all, most treadmills feature a speed-range of 1-to-10mph and it’s up to you to get a treadmill that works best for you.
- Consider the incline-range of the treadmill: you should also consider acquiring a treadmill that is equipped with an incline-setting because it will enable you to customize on the intensity of your workout thus achieving a more effective walking or running routine. in fact, some treadmill are equipped with a powered-incline setting and others feature a manual-incline setting whereby these actually cost less than those equipped with a powered-incline setting. On other hand, it’s recommended to get a treadmill that can be inclined to up to 10% in order to get the best out of your workout.
- Take note of the treadmills belt and deck: the treadbelt and deck are actually key components to consider when buying a treadmill because you actually workout over the components. in fact, the size of the treadbelt varies depending on what it was designed to accomplish but you should get treadmill that is equipped with treadbelt measuring at least 48-inches long by 16-inches wide in order to achieve great walking or running workouts. On top of that, consider getting a treadmill with a well-cushioned deck because it will help to protect your joints and back as you workout. However, if you plan to use the treadmill for walking then consider getting one equipped with at least a 60-inch long and 20-inch wide treadbelt for best workout-results.
- Consider the safety-features on a treadmill: you actually need to consider the safety-features equipped onto a treadmill before making a purchase. so, some of the safety-features you need to look for in a treadmill include a safety-key, handrails, safety-lock, auto-shut-off and a lot more because these will actually help to ensure safe usage and storage of the treadmill especially in homes with kids.
- Identify any extra features you many need: most high-end treadmills are actually equipped with special-features that help to make your workouts more efficient and less-boring. Some of these extra features include; dual heart-rate monitor, internet-connectivity, Bluetooth-capability, access to several workout-programs, an iPod/music-player port and a lot more.
- Buy the treadmill: make some online research or do some window shopping in any local store while testing the type of treadmill you want to buy. In case it meets all your fitness-requirements, buy it and assemble it properly inside you house before you begin working-out on it.