The Oral-B Pro 500 is a Powered, Rechargeable Electric-Toothbrush that was designed to provide someone…
How To Have A Healthy Gum
Having healthy gums is actually good when it comes to oral health and ensuring a great smile. This implies that taking a few minutes every day to brush, floss or take care of your gums will greatly help in the prevention of dental problems which have become a common problem amongst most people today. On the other hand, issues like bleeding when you brush or floss can be a sign of unhealthy gums and it would be best to just prevent this before it develops to higher levels. In fact, unhealthy gums will make someone to experience pain especially those with sensitive teeth and will even lead to gingivitis that makes gums to become inflamed, swell and bleed. However, it’s never too late to start taking care of your gums and below are some of the tips that you can use to keep the gums in good condition.
RELATED POSTS:- What Is The Best Electric Toothbrush
- Brush regularly: you actually need to brush your teeth on regular basis in order to keep the gums healthy. In fact, brushing 2-times daily is taken to be the minimum number to keep your teeth and gums healthy. Additionally, mind the way you brush because this can greatly impact the gums hence you have to be very careful while brushing. Below are some of the brushing tips that will help to keep your gums and teeth healthy.
- Avoid brushing too hard: never brush too hard because this will end-up causing gum injuries. So it’s recommended to use gentle or little pressure while brushing in order to keep the gums healthy.
- Use a toothbrush with soft bristles: toothbrushes with extra-soft bristles can be gentler on the gums while brushing and they will not rub or make your gums bleed.
- Brush using a 45-degree angle: try to brush at a 45-degree angle because this will help to keep the bristles up against the gums without abrasively rubbing them. If you brush at a poor angle, then expect to irritate your gum which is not good for your oral health.
- Take about 2-minutes of brushing: every time you are brushing, aim at achieving at least 2-minutes of constant brushing because this will help to cut the levels of harmful bacteria within the mouth which are a major cause of gum disease.
- Do some flossing: while flossing seems to be a chore for some people, it actually plays a huge role in keeping the gums healthy. Flossing will help to remove any plaque left between your teeth. In fact, plaque build-up attracts bacteria that can eventually lead gum inflammation and swelling. However, flossing is not a simple task and it will take you a while to become a habit. It’s even recommended to floss for at least once every day and get the right flossing product like; for those with tight teeth with little space in-between, use a floss tape or ribbon and you can use a waxed-floss if you wish to achieve a smooth glide between your teeth as you floss.
- Purchase and use a mouthwash: get a quality mouthwash use it to clean your mouth. In fact, a mouth wash will help to keep breath fresh and even eliminates harmful bacteria with your mouth. However, there are several brands of mouth on the market but its best to purchase a mouthwash that can kill bacteria which are the main cause of gum and teeth disease.
- Try to eat some cheese: in case you feel like not brushing after having a meal, then try eating a piece of Swiss or any aged cheese because it will help to get rid of some plaque and food particles left behind hence keeping your teeth and gums healthy. Additionally, cheese contains calcium which good for your teeth.
- Chew some sugar-free gum: chewing gum can actually help to freshen your breathe, clean your teeth and gums. But chew gum for about 20-minutes after eating and also try to avoid regular gum-chewing because it can lead to jaw problems. Additionally, avoid chewing-gum with a high sugar content in it because this will generate more plaque and bacteria which are not good for your teeth and gums.
- Try-out oil pulling: this involves sloshing a tablespoon of sunflower or coconut oil in your mouth for about 10 to 20 minutes and after spit this oil out. This actually works like flossing but for it have to swish oil through the teeth in order to lubricate your gums. It even helps to whiten the teeth but it’s recommended to consult a dentist before trying this out.
- Visit your dentist: you actually need to see your dentist every six months in order to know your oral condition. In fact, visiting a dentist regularly will enable to detect any oral problems early enough in order to keep your teeth and gum in a good condition. Additionally, your dentist help to clean-up any plaque and tartar build-up which can actually lead to diseased gums and will even give you helpful tips about oral care.
- Take a cup of tea daily: the flavors and other ingredients found in tea help to prevent harmful bacteria from sticking onto your teeth and gums. These ingredients even help to block the production of a certain type of sugar which contributes to the development of cavities. Additionally, tea even contains high levels of fluoride which is required in keeping your teeth and gums healthy.
- Drink a lot of water: taking a glass of water in every hour when at work or home will help to keep the digestive system healthy, hydrate the skin and even keeps your teeth and gums clean. In fact, the more water you drink, the more bacteria that will be flushed-off the teeth and gums hence reducing on the risk of getting gum disease and tooth cavities while ensuring a fresher breath.
- Change your toothbrush regularly: always dispose off your old toothbrush or replace the head of an electric toothbrush after using it for at least 2-3 months in order to keep your gums and teeth healthy. Otherwise, using the same toothbrush for a longer period of time will just transfer bacteria back into the mouth leading to tooth and gum disease.