Having whiter teeth is not an easy task but everyone actually wishes to have whiter…
How To Maintain White Teeth After Whitening
Most people really want to have white teeth but whitening teeth and maintaining its glowing white color is not an easy job. In fact, most teeth whitening don’t permanently whiten teeth and this means that if you expose your teeth to foods and beverages that cause staining, then expect the white-color to start fading and this can actually be seen in just 1-month. However, people who avoid taking foods and beverages that whiten teeth can be able to wait for year or longer before going for another whitening treatment. All in all, most people work hard to get their teeth white and that is why I have written this article so as to show such people how to maintain the glowing white teeth. Below are some of the tips that will actually help you maintain the white teeth:
RELATED POST:- What Is The Best Electric Toothbrush
TIPS ON HOW TO MAINTAIN WHITE TEETH:
- Avoid consuming teeth-staining foods: try to avoid eating foods with heavy staining properties like cherries, curries, berries and sauces like balsamic vinegar and soy. but if you consume such foods, then its recommended to clean teeth immediately after eating in order to remove any bacteria that may cause teeth staining.
- Stay away from teeth-staining beverages/drinks: try as much as you can to stay away from drinks that can stain your teeth. These drinks include; coffee, tea, red-wine and dark soft-drinks such as cola and cranberry juice because all these contribute to teeth-staining. However, in case you consume such drinks, then brush your teeth immediately afterwards and it’s even recommended to use a drinking-straw in order to minimize contact between the drink and teeth.
- Consume teeth-cleaning foods: eating fruits like apples, celery and vegetables after having a meal is highly recommended because fruits and vegetables help to remove sticky-foods from your mouth which can cause decay.
- Take water after each meal: drinking water after every meal actually helps teeth staining and it is also good for your entire health. In fact, water flushes out all the remaining particles of food from your mouth hence reducing on the development of plaque and bacteria which are that main causes of tooth decay.
- Brush teeth regularly: its recommended to brush teeth after each meal but incase it’s not possible, then try to brush your teeth for at least twice daily for best results. However, don’t brush your teeth too hard because you may damage your gum-line and just brush teeth in a circular motion.
- Replace your toothbrush regularly: try to replace your toothbrush after a period of three months for best oral-health results. In fact, investing in an electric toothbrush is good because such a toothbrush can clean teeth thoroughly than a manual-toothbrush. Additionally, try to use a toothbrush with soft bristles so that you don’t damage your gum-line.
- Use whitening toothpaste: try to brush your teeth using whitening toothpaste for at least once or twice a week and then use regular toothpaste in other remaining brushing times. Whitening toothpaste helps to remove any stains developing on your teeth but it’s not recommended to use this toothpaste on daily basis because it can actually weaken the teeth enamel.
- Floss your teeth: use a dental-floss to clean in-between your teeth for at least once daily because flossing helps to remove plaque and foods in-between your teeth. This will also help to eliminate tooth-decay which is the main cause of colored teeth.
- Avoid smoking: smoking and chewing tobacco can actually stain your white teeth and that is why it’s recommended to avoid smoking or consuming anything that contains tobacco in order to keep your teeth looking white.
- Take not of your medication: antibiotics like; tetracycline and doxycycline are well-known for discoloring teeth when prescribed to children under 8-years whose teeth are still developing. Also avoid using mouth rinses or washes that contain chlorhexidine and cetylpyridinium because these elements stain your white teeth. Likewise, antipsychotics, antihistamines and drugs for high-blood pressure can also cause teeth discoloration.
- Avoid trauma: trauma can cause teeth discoloration in adults and this means that you should avoid it as much as you can. Additionally, trauma caused by falling in young children can disturb the enamel-formation yet there teeth will still be growing.
- Consider a touch-up treatment: depending on the whitening method you used, you will actually need to go for touch-up every 6 months or after a year in case you notice that your teeth are losing their white color due to different factors.
- Use a mouthwash: consider using a mouthwash in case you don’t have time to brush your teeth because this will help to remove any plaque and bacteria developing within your teeth hence eliminating tooth-decay and discoloration. In fact, you should even get a mouthwash with teeth-whitening properties in order to keep your teeth glowing all the time.
WARNINGS TO CONSIDER WHILE MAINTAINING YOUR WHITE TEETH:
- Don’t over brush your teeth because cleaning teeth for more than twice a day can cause a receding gum-line which is not good for the overall oral health. So ensure that you only brush teeth twice or thrice a day in order to avoid such oral problems.
- Try not to swallow the toothpaste or mouthwash after cleaning your mouth because this can cause serious health problems. Always spit it out and thoroughly rinse your mouth after brushing.
- Some teeth whitening method can actually erode the enamel hence resulting into weaker teeth. This mean that you avoid going for touch-up treatments regularly because you teeth may end-up coming out.
In conclusion, there are many teeth whitening method available today but the problem with maintaining white teeth. In there are many teeth discoloring factors and some of them are unavoidable. These factors include; staining food/drinks, smoking, poor dental-hygiene, dental-diseases, dental-materials, advancing-age, genetics, the environment and many more. So all you can do is to try cleaning your teeth regularly and even consider going for a touch-up treatment in case you notice that your teeth are discoloring. In fact all the tips provided above will help to ensure that your stay white in case you use them