Best Kitchen Appliances
Panasonic SR-G06FG Automatic 3.3 Cup Rice Cooker Review
The Panasonic SR-G06FG Automatic Rice Cooker is a new kitchen-appliance that will enable the user to create fluffy, light and restaurant-quality rice at your own convenience when at home. In fact, this rice-cooker automatically cooks rice for specific amount of time and then switches to a keep-warm mode which helps to helps to keep rice hot for up to 4-hours until you are ready to serve. Additionally, this rice-cooker’s inner aluminium cooking-pan heats up quickly for in order to ensure fast and even heating while the glass-lid helps to trap in heat, moisture, nutrients and even allows the user to monitor the rice being cooked without removing the lid.
On top of that the nonstick coating on the inner cooking-pan helps to prevent cooked-rice from sticking onto the sides and bottom hence making clean-up easy and fast. In conclusion, the Panasonic SR-G06FG Automatic 3.3 Cup Rice-Cooker is a welcome addition any busy kitchen and you should actually try to purchase one for yourself.
- The Panasonic SR-G06FG Rice Cooker can be used to cook more than just rice whereby the user can use this rice-cooker to cook other foods like beans and others.
- This rice-cooker is equipped with a glass-lid which perfectly fits onto the top in order to help cut down on spills and leaks while cooking rice. This glass-lid is transparent and enables the user to look inside the rice-cooker in order to easily monitor the food being cooked.
- It features a keep-warm function and this helps to keep food hot so that the user does not serve cold rice when time comes for serving. In fact, once the rice-cooker stops cooking when the rice is ready, it automatically switches to a keep-warm setting. Additionally, this keep-warm function helps to keep rice at a safe temperature for hours.
- The Panasonic SR-G06FG comes with a nonstick interior cooking-pan which ensures easy clean-up after cooking. However, no hard-scrubbing is required while cleaning nonstick cooking-pans in order to prevent eroding the nonstick substance.
- This rice-cooker can also be used to cook other foods apart from rice and these foods include; beans, soups and much more depending on what you prefer.
- The Panasonic SR-G06FG tends to spit water even when the glass-lid is in place while cooking food. This will actually create a big-mess which takes some of your time to clean-up after cooking.
- The other drawback is that the nonstick coating inside the cooking-pan tends to peel-off with regular usage and cleaning. This will in fact happen in less than a year and the worst part is the aluminium gaining contact with the food which can be extremely dangerous for your life.
- Zojirushi Ns-Lac05xt Micom 3-Cup Rice Cooker Review
- Zojirushi NP-NVC10 Induction Heating Pressure Cooker Review
- Hamilton Beach Digital Simplicity Rice Cooker And Steamer Review
- Glass Lid: The Panasonic SR-G06FG rice-cooker features a glass-lid which fits perfectly onto the top while cooking in order to help cut down on any spills or leaks while trapping in heat, moisture and nutrients ensuring perfect rice-cooking. This is also a see-through, tempered-glass lid that will enable the user to safely monitor rice as it is being cooked. However, this lid does get dirty and you will need scrub it with hot and soapy water coupled with a brush in order thoroughly clean it after cooking.
- Non-Stick Coated Aluminum-Pan: This rice-cooker comes along with a nonstick interior cooking-pan which makes clean-up a breeze but you also have to watch-out for chipping while cleaning it because may end-up purchasing a new rice-cooker since Panasonic does not sell replacement-pans. Additionally, this rice-cooker’s aluminum cooking-pan heats-up quickly thus ensuring fast and even heating required for achieving perfectly cooked-rice.
- Keep Warm Function: The Panasonic SR-G06FG is designed with a keep-warm function which helps to prevent the user from serving cold rice. In fact, once this rice-cooker has stopped cooking the rice, it will automatically switch-over to the Keep-Warm mode which helps to keep rice hot until the user is ready to serve it and it can actually be in this mode for up to 4-hours without over-cooking the rice. All in all, the keep-war function will help to keep rice at safe-temperatures for several so that the user can serve food when it is still warm.
- 3-Cup Rice Cooker: the Panasonic SR-G06FG rice-cooker actually has a capacity of 3-Cups (Uncooked-Rice) and this actually makes this kitchen-appliance very portable, simple-to-use and perfect for single people or small families.
- One-step automatic cooking: This rice-cooker is programmed to automatically cook rice for the correct amount of time then shuts-down automatically and switch to keep-warm mode for best rice-cooking results. In fact, with just the press of a button, the Panasonic SR-G06FG Rice-Cooker will automatically cook your rice to perfection and after keep it warm until you are ready to serve food.
- Indicator lights: the other useful feature on the Panasonic SR-G06FG are the handy indictor-lights just above the switch button and these lights actually enable the user to know when the rice is cooking or when the rice has finished cooking and it is in a keep-warm mode.
- Side handles: the rice-cooker is also designed with strong and durable side-handles which ensure safe and easy transportation of this appliance from place to another within your kitchen. In fact, this implies that you can leave the rice-cooker over the counter for easy access or store it compactly away between uses.
- Durable feet: this Panasonic SR-G06FG rice cooker is even equipped with secure and stable feet at the base which help to keep it raised-up above the countertop surfaces.
- Modern design: the Panasonic SR-G06FG features a sleek and modern design which will greatly compliment any kitchen decor hence making your kitchen look extremely stylish and attractive. Additionally, the rice-cooker’s compact size makes it easy to place almost anywhere around your kitchen and this means that it can be a perfect appliance for people with smaller kitchens.
- Multi-purpose rice-cooker: this kitchen-appliance does not only cook rice but it can also be used to prepare other foods like beans, soups and many more hence making it a versatile kitchen-appliance.
- Extra accessories: A measuring-cup as well as a rice-scoop is included when purchasing this rice-cooker. This measuring-cup will enable the user to make the right measurements while preparing rice while the rice-scoop enables the user to easily scoop rice from the cooking-pot when serving food.
The Panasonic SR-G06FG is a high-quality, 3.3-Cup automatic rice-cooker that will enable the user to make firm or fluffy rice easily and quickly at his/her own convenience while at home. This durable rice-cooker features 2 indicator-lights which indicate the cooking and keep-warm mode while the see-through, tempered glass-lid enables the user safely monitor rice as it is being cooked. On the other hand, this rice-cooker is capable of yielding up to 6.6 cups of cooked-rice and it even features an automatic keep-warm function which helps to maintain the temperature of the cooked-rice when the cooking-process is complete. On top of that, this pressure-cooker features a removable, nonstick aluminium cooking-pan which prevents rice from clinging over the walls thus ensuring easy and quick clean-up of the cooking-pan after cooking. Lastly, the Panasonic SR-G06FG automatic rice-cooker comes along with a rice-scoop and measuring-cup which are all of great importance during the rice preparation process. All in all, this rice-cooker will make cooking food much easier and quick on those busy days than ever before.
Who does it benefit?
- Great rice-cooker for people with small kitchens: the Panasonic SR-G06FG Automatic 3.3 Cup Rice-Cooker actually has a small foot-print whereby it can left over the counter for easy access or stored compactly away in-between uses. Additionally, this rice-cooker has a sleek and modern design which will greatly compliment your kitchen decor.
- Works for single-people or smaller-families: the Panasonic SR-G06FG is actually an automatic 3.3-Cup capacity Rice Cooker and this means that it will cook enough food for single people or smaller-families which don’t require a lot of food.
What Else Do You Need?
- Inomata Japanese Rice Washing Bowl with Strainer: this bowl will help you to thoroughly wash your rice and then drain the water out using the strainer. However, this is a 2.5-Quart Capacity rice washing-bowl and this implies that it will be used to wash small amounts of rice at a time.
- Aroma food-steamer: you actually need this steamer in order to prepare certain food like vegetables and meat because the Panasonic SR-G06FG 3-cup Rice Cooker is not designed with a food-steamer.