So far this is the best electric shaver for beginners, It is very easy to…
Philips Norelco AT830/46 Shaver 4500 Review
I have reviewed different types of Norelco shavers and majority of them do a very good job, at least I have no doubt about that though you might need to make more than one stroke to get that real close shave. In this review I want us to look into Philips Norelco AT830/46 Shaver 4500 features and see how relevant they can be to you and me because I’m a man too and I shave just like you.
However, in this detailed review, I want us to compare AT830 / 46 series 4500 with Philips Norelco AT810/41 Shaver 4100. Both shavers are under $100 so I’m sure every man can afford them, at least you don’t have to strain your wallet to have a good electric shaver and that is a very good thing, because the price of these two models is relative to that of a premium safety razor. But before I go ahead with this review, I would like to inform men with thick course beards that this shaver might not do the job very well because its motor speed is a little bit slow, so in that case I suggest high end Norelco shavers like ”Series 9300 / 9700.
FEATURES FOR NORELCO AT830-46:
- Comfortable Wet & Dry shaving
- Pivot, Flex and Float system
- DualPrecision shaving system
- AquaTec Seal which makes the shaver 100% water proof.
- Detailed Pop-up trimmer
- Lift & Cut Dual-blade
- LED indicator
- Quick charge for 1 cordless shave
WHAT IS IN THE BOX?
- Norelco AT830-46 Shaver.
- A protective cap which covers the head of the shaver after using it.
- One free power cord for charging this shaver.
- A cleaning brush to help you clean the heads of the shaver after shaving.
- A full 2-year warranty from Philips Norelco, you can get a replacement without spending any single penny.
PHILIPS NORELCO AT830-46 SHAVER 4500 VS PHILIPS NORELCO AT810-46 SHAVER 4100
- Philips Norelco AT830/46 Shaver 4500 – [discount price]
- Philips Norelco AT810/46 Shaver 4100 – [discount price]
In this comparison I will cover both differences and similarities for these two Norelco models. You can use this information to decide which model to buy; at least I will debate about each feature and highlight its relevance.
- Skin Protection System: – Both AT830-46-Shaver & AT810-Shaver-4100 have this skin protection system
which ensures that shaver heads rotate smoothly on the skin, cutting each and every hair on your skin without irritating it. This is a very good feature for men with sensitive skins and ingrown hairs; you will shave without any worry of getting bumps / pain or any other related issue.
- Patented Lift & Cut System: – The main purpose of this feature is to list flat-laying hair and expose it to rotating blades for cutting. These two Norelco shavers have this feature and it makes them ideal for every man because by default, beards grow to different directions and in most cases some will lay flat on the skin so there is a possibility of missing them when shaving with an ordinary shaver. On the other hand, Norelco AT830 & AT810 will ensure that no hair / beard is left behind even though you might need to make more than one stroke in certain areas but as long as you’re patient, there is nothing to worry about.
- Lithium-Ion Battery: – Most Norelco shavers have Lithium-Ion batteries though the quality and charge time of each model differs. Premium shavers like Norelco 9700 & 9300 charge fully within 1 hour and you will get 50 minutes of cordless shaving which is a very good thing. However shaver AT830 & AT831 are not premium shavers, these are the most affordable Philips Norelco shavers, crafted for beginners and college students at most, so their batteries will fully charge in eight hours and you will also get the same 50 minutes of cordless shaving. I know this might sound like a disappointment, but these two models are below $100, so basically don’t expect heaven on earth. But you don’t have to weight for 8 hours to get a close clean shave, you can charge them for only 3 minutes and get 1 hour of cordless shaving. In my opinion, this is a great option. You can charge it fully after shaving.
- Flex & Float System: – Both Norelco AT830 & AT810 have a flex & float system which ensures that you get a real close shave. So this how it works, your face has more than one contour, the flex & float system enables shaver heads to float smoothly and automatically adjust to each contour found on your face / neck. This process will ensure that you get a clean close shave without getting any irritations. Some men pull their skin when shaving with a rotary shaver, this makes the skin flat and it reduces on contour variations, but that should only be done when you’re using a manual razor because these tools can’t automatically adjust to different contours like AT830 & AT810 do.
- AquaTec Wet & Dry Technology: – Both Norelco shaver 4500 & 4100 will let you shave in any way you want. The Aquatec seal makes the shaver water resistant enabling you to have a wet shave. Majority of men have sensitive skins so they prefer wet shaving to dry shaving, but still even those who do well with dry shaving can still use any of these two models because they’re dual purpose shavers.
- Washable: – Both AT830 & AT810 are 100% Water Proof so you can immerse them in water or run tap water over the heads, but you should use a cleaning brush to ensure the blades and shaving head is purely clean.
- DualPrecision shaving system: – Men with long hairs, you don’t have to opt for premium shavers if you don’t have enough money to spend, because both AT830 & AT810 have a dual-precision system which deals with both long and short stubble, however you might need to make more than one pass, these two shavers are quite slow so you might not get a clean shave with just one stroke.
- Integrated pop-up trimmer: – After shaving your beard, you need to perfect other things like a side-burn / mustache. So you have to use a pop-up trimmer which is found at the back of the shaver. These two models feature detailed pop-trimmers, they’re accurate and perfect. You don’t have to invest in beard trimmer to shape your side-burn / mustache that will be a waste of money. Do some practice with that integrated pop-up trimmer and perfect how to use it.
- LED Light Indicator: – AT830 & AT810 shavers have a LED indicator which helps you know when the battery is low / fully charged. These two models are regular Norelco shavers so you will not know more about the shaver, but knowing your battery level status will help you know when to charge your shaver.
- Pivot, Flex and Float System:- This is the only difference between AT830 & AT810, but it enables AT830 to manuveur smoothly on your skin without causing you any irritation. This system keeps shaving heads of AT830 in close contact with your skin giving you a real close shave.
- Takes long to charge fully, you have to wait for 8 hours.
- Does not shave as close as a safety razor, but results are not that bad.
- Does not perform well on very thick course beards, you might need to use an upgraded Norelco like series 9300 / 9700
- Motor speed is not that good compared to high end shavers, so you will shave for a longer period, but if you can wait, this should not be a big deal.
As we have seen, the only difference between AT830 & AT810 is Pivot, Flex and Float System, this is a very cool feature but it adds value to this shaver, however, if you can do without it, you can go for AT810, its a little bit cheaper than AT830, but both models are below $100.