Proraso is an Italian based company that has been providing men with high-quality shaving products…
Proraso Shaving Soap Review
When it comes to traditional wet shaving, most guys would prefer going for a quality, lather-taste shaving soap like Proraso. This is mainly because this shaving soap formula goes through a traditional hot-process and thereafter, this shaving cream is left to mature in smaller batches for about 10-days in a temperature controlled room that does not experience temperature effects.
However, during the maturing process, moisture evaporates from this formulation thus resulting in to a solid, quality and concentrated shaving soap that is perfect for lathering over your face before you begin shaving. The key ingredients in this shaving cream are menthol and eucalyptus oil whereby all these are of great importance while lathering and shaving your skin.
On the other hand, Proraso sapone da barba is somehow between a shaving cream and soap thus this is why many men prefer using it to other shaving soaps. it even has a very refreshing scent that leaves smelling great even after finishing to shave. this shaving soap is also creamy and this means that it will provide the skin with a smooth cushioning effect hence making shaving a pleasure and it can even be used with boar or badger shaving-brush because you can lather it directly from the tub.
- Proraso Shaving Soap lathers quite well when applied to the skin before you begin shaving. This is because it feels rich and creamy whereby it offers a smooth cushioning effect over the skin that makes shaving very pleasurable with minimized skin-irritation. On top of that, it has contains great scent that really smells nice even after finishing to shave.
- This shaving cream leaves the skin feeling tingly and refreshed because it contains menthol, eucalyptus and glycerin whereby these three ingredients work hand in hand to provide a smooth shave with reduced skin irritations.
- The other good thing about this shaving soap is that you will not need a lot of water to achieve a good lather from it. In fact, you just have to wet your shaving brush and apply the soap to this brush gently. After, use circular movements to apply the soap over the skin until you obtain a soft and rich lather.
- Men new to wet shaving may find trouble lathering this soap properly because it does not lather easily like others shaving-soaps on the market. so it always recommended to first dip the badger brush in the shaving bowl that is full of hot water and leave it there for some good time, after shake of the excess water and run the brush over the shaving-soap or you may just run steaming hot-water over the soap and then load your brush but all these methods can be a little bit hectic and time consuming.
- Some men with bad skin types will find that this shaving soap tends to dry out their skins after each shave. In fact, some men will even get some skin rushes the first time they use this shaving soap but with time they will get used to it.
- This shaving soap may not provide you with a very smooth shave in case you have coarse or fairly heavy beards because it is made of only natural ingredients and does not contain artificial substances like ethylene glycol which helps to make hair smooth and lowers on friction while shaving. This implies that you will be able to trim you thick hairs decently but not smoothly.
- This soap is made using a soap-making process: the Proraso Shaving Soap is made using the traditional hot-soap process whereby it is then left to mature for about 10-days in small production batches. After this period, this soap will become more concentrated thus it will be ready to be poured into the soap-bowls.
- It contains pure eucalyptus oil: this soap contains pure, natural eucalyptus oil which has a toning and purifying effect to the skin. This means that it helps to tone and clean the skin while lathering it up at the same time.
- The shaving soap contains menthol: Proraso Shaving Soap also contains some menthol with has refreshing and revitalizing properties when applied to the skin. The menthol even creates an invigorating, cooling and tingling sensation that soothes and protects the skin while shaving.
- It comes in a handy large bowl: this shaving-soap comes well-packaged in a large 150-ml bowl which actually offers the user with value for money because it will provide one with many months of shaving. This bowl also has a nice looking cover that seals-up well with a Proraso Shaving-Soap logo on top and infact this container is just perfect for dunking in that badger brush while lathering up in the showers or even outside.
- Proraso shaving soap is formulated with a pleasant, masculine scent: the Proraso Shaving-Soap has a classic, pleasant and masculine fragrance that smells nice. In fact, this scent is subtle and not too strong whereby it will make anyone feel more like a man even after shaving. This refreshing scent smells natural because it is mainly produced by the menthol and eucalyptus found in this shaving cream.
- It contains glycerin: this Shaving Soap contains glycerin and this actually encourages a smooth shave by making the skin smooth and silky hence reducing on the irritation and redness that usually occurs when shaving. However, although this soap contains glycerin, it does not the skin either oily or dry after shaving.
- It’s made with a new natural creamy formula: this soap combines eucalyptus oil and menthol that create a creamy lather that can be best used with a shaving brush. In fact, this lather is rich and creamy enough to provide any man with a smooth cushioning effect that makes shaving a pleasure. This soap also paraben-free and does not contain artificial, harmful chemicals.
- In terms of quality, the Proraso Shaving Soap or cream comes conveniently packaged in a nice looking bowl with a total weight of 150-ml. it is a glycerin based soap which enhanced with oils of coconut, eucalyptus and menthol whereby all these ingredients will in turn provide an invigorating cooling sensation that soothes and protects the while shaving. In otherwords, the eucalyptus oil helps to tone and purify the skin, menthol refreshes and revitalizes the skin while the glycerin facilitates for a smooth shave thus reducing on the levels of skin-irritation.
- Likewise, these three major ingredients really form a lather that is rich and creamy hence offering one with a smooth cushioning effect that makes shaving a pleasure. This shaving soap is neither oily nor drying to the skin even after shaving and it even has pleasant, masculine scent that is too strong and this actually makes it a high-quality shaving-soap for any man who like wet-shaving.
Who does it benefit?
- For guys who prefer a traditional wet-shave: this refreshing shaving soap can be a perfect lather for guys who like having a traditional wet-shave. This is because it contains eucalyptus that tones and purifies the skin, menthol that feels refreshing and creates a tingling effect when applied to the skin while the glycerin ensures a smooth shave with reduced skin irritation. The scent in this shaving-soap also smells traditional and it’s not very strong but simple and pleasant.
- Good shaving soap for men with sensitive skins: this glycerin based soap is a good lather for men with sensitive skin types. This is mainly because it contains eucalyptus and menthol that instantly offers an invigorating, cooling sensation that soothes and protects the skin while shaving.
- A badger or shaving brush: this brush is used for lathering up your skin with a shaving soap or cream before you start shaving. This brush can also be used to mix or prepare the shaving soap or cream that should be used for lathering. But always keep this brush clean and dry after use in order to prevent bacteria development which can be harmful to the skin.