This Remington MB200 mustache and beard trimmer has been on the market for a while.…
Best Beard Trimmer Reviews
Remington MB4040 Mustache Beard and Stubble Trimmer Review
If you plan to trim your beard / mustache or side burn, there is one thing which counts, ”the quality of beard trimmer you decide to use” will definitely decide how well your beard / mustache or side-burn will look. I have reviewed different types of beard trimmers on Yosaki, but this Remington MB4040 is among the top 5 beard trimmers for men.
Not only does it come at an affordable price, it also has some cool features tailored to give you the best results. Men who want to have relatively short stubble; this is the best beard trimmer I can recommend to you.
- Good Battery Life:- It has a Lithium Ion battery which keeps power for quite a long time, you can charge it once in a month and use it on a regular basis without running out of battery.
- You can set the plastic guide comb to different cutting lengths; in that case, you can get the shortest stubble.
- Excellent Performance:- It can keep a very long beard well groomed and in shape.
- Does not work with 220v:- If you reside in Europe, you might miss out on this cool product, unless when you find a solution for voltage, because this MB4040 does not do well with 220 V, if you force it, you might end up damaging it.
- No Charger Base: – Hope you will get me clear on this, this beard trimmers comes with its own charger, but it has no charger base (the one where it can sit and get charged), I guess you can bare with that, just plug it into power until it gets charged fully. On the other hand, if the battery dies or fails to hold more power for a long period, you can resort to a corded mode; use the trimmer while it’s being plugged into power.
- Remington MB4040 comes with self-sharpening titanium coated blades, this makes this model durable and strong. The blades are wide enough to provide you with a quick neat beard trim.
- Cordless 120 minutes of run time, you can take like a month without charging. If you’re always on the go, this is the best beard trimmer to travel with, it will not disappoint you.
- 3 precision ground blades which improve on the cutting performance of this trimmer.
- 9 length settings; you can choose beard, goatee or stubble settings, the choice is yours. I see no reason why you don’t get the right shave.
- Sleek design which makes it user friendly. The rubberized no-slip sides will offer you with a comfortable shave. At least you won’t worry about the trimmer slipping off your hands.
- Lithium ion powered battery which holds power for a long time, offering you with endless cordless usage.
- Lowest Length Settings:- If you remove the guide comb, it can go up-to 1 mm, but if the guide comb is on, it can stop at 1.5mm. By default, this trimmer has 9 length settings, I guess these are enough, you can choose the best length for your beard. It can also trim that 5 o’clock stubble; however, you need to take the guide comb for better results.
- Good on longer beards: – If your beard grows so fast, you don’t have to worry; this beard trimmer will have you sorted. Its sharp Titanium coated blades can trim any thick, long, course beard in no minutes. All you have to do is to charge it fully and get the best results. Once it’s fully charged, you will get over 120 minutes of nonstop grooming, this is really good.
- Corded & Cordless:- This Remington MB4040 can work when it’s in unplugged out of power, all you have to do is to charge it fully. However it’s Lithium-Ion Battery might take like 8 hours to charge fully, but once it’s full, you will get almost 120 minutes of routine beard trimming. But if you can’t wait for it to charge fully, you can use it while it’s plugged into power, this is a very good feature because most beard trimmers can’t work when plugged into power, you have to wait until they charge full and use them in cordless mode only.
- Replacing your charger: – This Remington MB4040 beard trimmer comes with its own charger, but once you lose it or damage it, you can replace it with a new one. Online stores like Amazon & Ebay have these parts at a very affordable price.
- Use it as a Buzzer: – If you have been looking a beard trimmer to shape the edges of your beard / mustache, look no further, this Remington MB4040 will define your beard’s edge and groom your mustache in a way that you have never imagined.
- Wide blade: – The width of this beard trimmers blade / head is standard, it can cover a wide area and this will give you quick and better results. So, guys with lots of beards, you don’t have to feel left out, this Remington MB4040 will clear that beard in no minutes.
- Cutting Hair: – This option applies to men / ladies who want to keep their hair short, this beard trimmer can be used to cut hair short, it can as well maintain it at a certain length, all you have to do is to add the comb guide and set a desired length. However, you should not confuse this with head shaving, it can’t give you a clean head shave, may be you can use it to define your hairline.
- Maintenance Free: – I guess many of you want to own a beard trimmer which requires no maintenance. This MB4040 needs no oiling, its blades are self sharpening, so you don’t need to spend dime on blades or oil, just charge it fully and get the best results in no minutes. Is that wonderful and money saving. Note:- If you wash blades with water, you might need to oil them because water strips all lubricants found on the blades and the only way of avoiding this is to not wash it under water.
- 3 heads: – After making your purchase today, Amazon will deliver this product in the next 24 hours depending on your location, but the product box will contain 3 attachable heads, one will be for beard trimming, the other for goatee and the last one is for stubble trimming. Choose from any of these and get the best results.
- Rechargeable: – You don’t need to buy batteries for this bear trimmer, it uses Lithium ion rechargeable battery just like your cell phone. Once you charge the battery fully, you will get 120 minutes of nonstop trimming. But once the battery dies, you will be left with only two options; (1) use it in a corded mode (2) replace the trimmer with a new one. Though some users have reported that they have used this model for over 5 years and they have got no problem with their batteries, if yours seems faulty, I suggest you send it back to Remington and get a replacement. You have a 2 year warranty, so make sure you send it back before the warranty expires.
- Good on sideburns & hairline: – After removing off the guide comb, you can change heads and use one for shaving and shaping that side-burn. That head has very sharp tinny blades, good at shaping your side-burn and hairline.
- Replacing that guide comb: – Remington MB4040 adjustable comb is plastic, so chances of breaking it during usage or after usage are high, but that should not mark the end of this product, you can still replace it with a new one. When you go to Remington Products website, you will find it at only $1.99, use this link and get one …..
- Adjustable comb width:- The plastic adjustable comb is 1.5mm, this is a standard with ready to give you the best stubble.
- Noise:- This model does not make too much noise like MB-200. I can’t say it does not make any noise, it does, but it’s quite moderate and bearable. May be it can increase when you flash water on its blades, this will strip oils from the blades and cause friction when using the trimmer, this friction will result into some annoying noise which you can steel control by oiling the blades and avoiding splashing water over the blades.
- Getting an even trim:- If you have used other Remington models, you will notice that this MB4040 trims evenly than the rest of the models. But don’t forget that adjustable comb guide, it’s what aids this even trimming, without it, you will not get the best results.
When I compare the pros and cons of this MB4040 beard trimmer, I think everyone can bear with the cons. This product comes at a very good price, so you can overlook its cons and concentrate at getting the best stubble.