Philips produces some of the best electric-toothbrushes today but these toothbrushes come in different models…
Sonicare Diamondclean vs oral b 7000
In the past few years, there have been clinical-experiments that have proven that electric-toothbrushes are more effective at providing a more thorough teeth-cleaning than any regular manual-toothbrush. However, there are many brands of electric-toothbrushes on the market today and this actually makes it a bit difficult to choose the right powered toothbrush in order to achieve the desired oral-health results. However, the most popular brands of powered-toothbrushes include the Philips Sonicare and the Oral-B toothbrushes and they are actually at the top because they feature some of the best features compared to other brands of electric-toothbrushes on the market. In fact, both the Philips Sonicare and the Oral-B toothbrushes have been proven to offer positive and effective results when it comes to plaque removal and fighting against gingivitis and other oral-diseases. additionally, both these toothbrush-brands feature unique-technologies and some common technologies and that’s why I have decided to provide you with a detailed comparison on the Sonicare Diamondclean and oral b 7000 so that you can be able to select a brand that works best for you.
Differences between the Sonicare Diamondclean and oral b 7000:
- Different cleaning-technologies and power: the main difference between the Sonicare Diamondclean and oral-B 7000 lies in their brushing-technologies and power. So, most Philips Sonicare toothbrushes use sonic-technology which uses vibrating movements on the brush-head thus providing the user with a deep-clean even in hard-to-reach areas. In fact, sonic-technology produces up to 31,000 strokes per minute in order to provide the user with an effective brushing-routine. On the other side, most Oral-B powered toothbrushes use 3D cleaning-technology which uses a rotation/oscillation and pulsating movement in order remove plaque from all sections of the mouth. Additionally, only the most advanced models of Oral-B use 3D cleaning-technology while the low-end models use 2D cleaning-technology. In fact, 3D cleaning-technology uses 40,000-pulsations and 8,800-oscillations while 2D cleaning-technology uses 7,600-oscillations per minute.
- Different brush-heads: the Sonicare Diamondclean toothbrush features a slightly smaller brush-head and this actually makes it very easy to reach certain hard-to-reach areas of the mouth. On the other hand, the oral-B 7000 features a slightly larger brush-head than the Sonicare. In fact, the brush-heads of the Oral-B toothbrush have more variations in their design and the replacement brush-heads are even cheaper than those of the Philips Sonicare.
- A difference in battery-life: the Sonicare Diamondclean toothbrush has a much better battery-life compared to Oral-B 7000. In fact, the most advanced Philips Sonicare toothbrushes can offer a battery-life of up to 3-weeks while the most advanced models of Oral-B toothbrushes can only last for 10-days when fully-charged.
- Different power-voltages: the Oral-B 7000 toothbrush only supports 110V and this means that it can only be used in the USA and some countries that can support such a voltage. On the other hand, the Philips Sonicare Diamondclean toothbrush supports both 110V and 220V and this actually implies that it can be used in almost every part of the world as long as you have access to power hence making it a perfect travel-companion.
- Different designs: the Philips Sonicare Diamondclean actually features a more natural and simple appearance just like any regular manual-toothbrush while the Oral-B 7000 toothbrush has modern/stylish appearance and even features a several designs of brush-heads.
- Different cleaning-modes: Both the Philips Sonicare Diamondclean and Oral-B 7000 toothbrushes are equipped with cleaning-modes but the Oral-B 7000 features more brushing-modes than the Philips Sonicare toothbrush. In fact, the Philips Sonicare Diamondclean toothbrush features 5 cleaning-modes while the Oral-B 7000 toothbrush features over 6 cleaning-modes.
- Different Motor-drive Power: The Sonicare Diamondclean features a more powerful motor-drive system that is also very quiet when under operation. On the other hand, the Oral-B 7000 toothbrush features a slightly weaker motor-drive system than the Sonicare Diamondclean and even the Oral-B toothbrush is a bit louder when under operation.
Similarities between the Philips Sonicare Diamondclean and oral b 7000 Toothbrush:
- A display-monitor: both the Philips Sonicare Diamondclean and Oral-B 7000 toothbrushes feature an advanced digital LCD-display that helps to show the user crucial information when brushing.
- A 2-minute Smartimer: this is one of the most important features you will ever find on an electric-toothbrush and actually both the Philips Sonicare Diamondclean and Oral-b 7000 toothbrush feature a Smartimer which helps to user to brush for the dentist recommended-time of 2-minutes.
- A Quadpacer-feature: both the Philips Sonicare Diamondclean and Oral-B 7000 toothbrushes comes equipped with a Quadpacer which reminds the user to move to the next quadrant of the mouth every 30-seconds in order to achieve a more effective brushing-experience that helps to remove up to 100% more plaque than any manual-toothbrush.
- They have charging-station: both the Philips Sonicare Diamondclean and Oral-B 7000 toothbrushes are provided with charging-station which helps to recharge the toothbrush and can even act as a storage-unit when toothbrushes are not being used.
- They are backed by a great warranty and guarantee policy: both the Philips Sonicare Diamondclean toothbrush and the Oral-B 7000 toothbrush come backed by a 2-year warranty in case you purchase them form a genuine store. However, the Sonicare Diamondclean is offered with a 28 days money-back guarantee while the Oral-B toothbrush is offered with a 60 days money-back guarantee.
- They both have several cleaning-modes: both the Philips Sonicare Diamondclean toothbrush and the Oral-B 7000 Toothbrush feature several cleaning/brushing-modes in order to ensure that the user gets a more customized brushing-experience that meets his/her oral-health needs.
Unique features of the Philips Sonicare Diamondclean Toothbrush:
- Dual charging-system: the Philips Sonicare Diamondclean toothbrush comes equipped with an innovative dual-charging system. In fact, this electric-toothbrush can be charged in a glass standing on a multi-voltage base using conduction-technology. All in all, this charging-system comes with a charger-glass and a USB charging-travel-case
Unique features found on the Oral-B 7000 toothbrush:
- Bluetooth-technology: the Oral-B 7000 toothbrush features Bluetooth-technology which allows the user to the cleaning/brushing status of his/her oral-system wirelessly on their smart-phones and this is actually a great feature but it can’t be found on the Philips Sonicare Diamondclean toothbrush.
- A tongue cleaning-mode: its only Oral-B 7000 toothbrush features a tongue-cleaning mode which helps to thoroughly clean-up your tongue while brushing and actually this feature is not found on the Philips Sonicare Diamondclean toothbrush.