Epilation is one of the most efficient methods for long lasting skin smoothness because it…
The Do’s And Dont’s Of Epilation
Epilation can be very simple or extremely complicated depending on how you go about the process. However if you follow the do’s and don’ts of epilation it will the best hair removal method for you. Just because of have bought the most expensive or highest quality epilator does not mean you have got it all. You must have always must follow the rules for a successful process. Here I have come up with a list of some the things that you must do or not do when epilating, I hope you will learn a thing or two.
RELATED: What Is The Best Epilator
- Check the length of your hair before epilating: keep in your mind that epilation removes from the roots meaning the longer the hair the more pain you feel as strands are being plucked out. You are therefore advised to shave three or four days before epilating so that by the time hair is the right length to have a more comfortable epilation. But then again, do not shave the day before or the same day you are going to epilate this will mean your skin going through a lot of strain hence getting irritated. According to my research hair that is 1mm or 1.5 mm long is the best to epilate.
- Ensure that your epilator is well charged:it is very frustrating when the epilator stops just like that in the middle of the epilation therefore the best way to avoid such annoying incidences is by ensuring the epilator is charged before you keep it or an charge during the day if you are going to epilate at night. Whenever you use an epilator that is not well charged, it plucks out hair at a very slow rate and it is even more painful, I do not think you will love this experience.
- Exfoliation is a must: your skin must be very well prepared for the process and there is no better way to soften it than exfoliation. So invest in a very good quality body scrub, apply it on your skin in circular patterns using exfoliating gloves and there after take a warm bath. This helps to wash out all the oils and opens up your skin pores making hair removal much easier.
- Be very patient with yourself:this is number one rule especially if you are a first timer is to be extremely patient, epilation may not be that easy if you are in hurry. In fact it is advised that you should epilate at night when you have nothing to interrupt you session. You need enough time so that you can be as careful as you can for maximum comfort and really excellent results. Epilation will be super easy if you are not in a rush.
- Do not wait too long before epilating again:epilation gives you over four weeks of skin smoothness however it is no advisable for you to wait for a long period of time before epilating again. Short hair is much easier to epilate compared to long hair, do not wait for hair to grow too long.
- Opt for wet epilation if your skin is very sensitive:for those that have very delicate skins, it is best to epilate while having a warm bubble bath. This is because during wet epilation, the tweezers do not directly reach your skin. The bubbles and warm water help to soothe your skin during the plucking process. This means that you must invest in a water proof epilator that can be used while in the shower.
- Do not start with sensitive areas: if you are epilating your legs ensure that it is best to come from up where it is not so sensitive going down to the ankles. The ankles can be extremely painful reason being they are very sensitive so if you begin with them the pain may too much and you end up not finishing up the entire leg.
- Do not make multiple passes: the best way you can avoid making multiple passes is by working on small surfaces areas, this may take more time than you expected but it is absolutely worth it. By working on a smaller area, you capture less hair so the chances of missing out some hair are very low hence limiting the number of passes. The more passes you take the more you increase the possibility of getting irritated.
- Do not epilate damp skin: if you have chosen wet epilation then it should be in the shower and if you have chosen dry epilation then your skin must be completely dry. It is said that epilators perform better on dry skin and the process becomes much faster. On that note always take time to look for a high quality dry epilator.
- Do apply cream while epilating: if you are going in for this option, the first thing you should do is to invest in a high quality cream that is not greasy but will help the epilator glide more smoothly as it plucks out hair. If you buy these cheaply made creams it will instead clog your skin pores and at the same time clog the tweezers making the process very uncomfortable and painful.
- Do not worry about the pain: I understand that your first at epilation will feel like hell but this should be no reason for you to give up. Try to tolerate the pain since first times are always difficult but the good news is that on the second try the pain will have reduced and by the third you might not even feel it at all.
- Epilation can be used on any part of the body: the pain felt on first time use should not limit you on where you epilate. Epilators come with suitable attachments for use on different parts of the body. They are not just for the legs, but can also be used on the bikini line, under arms, arms and even the face.
- Epilate in the night: one truth about epilation is that it brings redness because hair is being removed directly from the roots however this is not something you should worry about. The solution to this is to epilate in the night so that by sunrise your skin has already gone back to its normal color.