Troy-Bilt TB220 159cc 21-inch FWD Self-Propelled Lawn Mower Review
The Troy-Bilt TB220 is a a new 3-in-1 lawn mower that has been equipped with a powerful 159cc Powermore OHV engine that provides it with enough power to work on small to medium-sized yards. In fact, this lawn-mower is self-propelled using a front-wheel-drive system and this implies that won’t have to push it around while mowing. On the other hand, the features a durable and lightweight 21-inch TriAction cutting deck that covers a wide surface-area in order to ensure quick and easy mowing while integrated deck-wash which facilitates for fast clean-up of the deck after mowing. Additionally, this lawn-mower features a dual-lever height adjustment that enables you to achieve a desired height when mowing while the different cutting deck-height settings enable you to different types of grass. Lastly, the TB220 Troy-Bilt is equipped with 8-inch front and 11-inch rear wheels in order to facilitate for easy maneuverability.
What We Like:
- TriAction™ Cutting System: the Troy-Bilt TB220 is integrated with an awesome TriAction cutting-system that features very strong and sharp blades that is capable of cutting even the toughest grass-types. In fact, with this cutting you will be able to trim different types of grass easily and fast thus keeping your yard clean and neat at all times.
- A 21-inch, steel mulching-deck: This lawn-mower features a strong and durable, lightweight, 21″ TriAction-cutting deck that covers a wide surface-area thus enabling you to trim grass in a limited period of time. Additionally, this steel-deck features a rust-resistant coating on top which protects the lawn-mower from becoming rusty when being used in wet-conditions and even protects the lawn-mower from solid-objects while mowing.
- A 3-in-1 mowing-design: the Troy-Bilt TB220 lawn-mower features a 3-in-1 mowing-design whereby it can be used for side-discharge, mulching or rear-bagging. This actually means that you will be able to use the lawn-mower to accomplish different task within your yard thus saving you a lot of time and money that you would have spent on buying other equipment.
- A 1.9-bushel grass-bag: this lawn-mower is equipped with easy-to-access, standard 1.9-bushel grass catcher which is located just under the handle. In fact, this bushel-bag is large enough to collect a huge amount of grass-clippings while mowing and this in-turn helps to reduce on the amount of time that you might have spent emptying the bushel-bag mid-mow.
- Dual-lever deck height-adjustment: the Troy-Bilt TB220 is also integrated with a dual-lever height adjuster which enables the user to easily change the cutting-height while mowing. in fact, the Troy-Bilt TB220 features over 6 cutting deck height-settings that range from 1.25-inches to 3.75-inches and this implies that it can be used to trim both short and long grass thus keeping your entire compound/yard looking neat after mowing.
- A height adjustable handle: this lawn-mower is also equipped with a 3-position height-adjustable handle which enables the user to achieve the desired handling-height so that he/she can achieve a more comfortable mowing experience. In fact, this handle is very easy to adjust and will accommodate people of different heights thus making the lawn-mower perfect for home-use.
- A premium deck wash: the Troy-Bilt TB220 self-propelled lawn-mower is also integrated with premium deck-wash which facilitates quick and easy clean-up of the deck-section after mowing thus keeping your lawn-mower in top-notch condition and capable of being used for a longer period of time. Additionally, this deck-wash will save time and energy you would have spent on cleaning the deck-section hence making the lawn-mower very convenient to use.
- A Troy-Bilt OHV engine: this lawn-mower is integrated with a durable and powerful 159cc series OHV-engine that is capable of operating efficiently and effectively for longer period of time without experiencing any issues. In fact, with such a good drive-motor system you will be able effectively mow or trim grass in small-to-medium size yards thus keeping your home looking neat throughout the year.
- Self-propelled Lawn-mower: The Troy-Bilt TB220 is a self-propelled lawn-mower that uses a front-wheel-drive system in order to move itself while mowing. In fact, with this self-propelled system you won’t have to apply any effort while maneuvering lawn-mower hence making the mowing process very easy and quick. Additionally, this lawn mower can even be used by both men and women since it does not require applying any pushing thus making it perfect for home-use.
- 4 Durable wheels: This light-weight lawn-mower is equipped with durable 8-inch front and 11-inch rear wheels which facilitate for easy maneuverability even when mowing on the roughest terrain. In fact, these wheels are high enough to keep the lawn-mower’s deck away from the ground especially when working in rigid areas hence making this machine perfect for home-use and commercial-use.
- A 1-quart fuel-capacity: The Troy-Bilt TB220 is equipped with a 1-quart fuel-tank which helps to keep the lawn-mower running for about an hour until the next refill. This implies that you will be able to mow a wide surface area before making a refill hence making this lawn-mower very economical and perfect for home-use.
- A great starting-system: the starting system of this lawn-mower uses a recoil-cord coupled with an autochoke in order to facilitate for quick and easy start-up. In fact, with this lawn you just have to pull the recoil-cord for about 2 or 3 times and then it will start running. However, if it gives a hard-time during start-up then consider re-setting the autochoke and then try pulling the cord again until the lawn-mowers powers on.
What We Don’t Like:
- The side-discharge chute has issues: the rubber side-discharge chute on this lawn-mower actually has some issues like it can easily pop-off if you hit bumps or smack the rubber-chute against any obstacle. All in all, I think the side-discharge chute is poorly designed which makes the lawn-mower very delicate to use in areas with obstacles.
The Troy-Bilt TB220 is a simple, high-performance, self-propelled lawn mower that was designed to facilitate for quick and easy mowing of small to medium sized compounds/yards. In fact, this lawn-mower is powered by a strong 159cc front-wheel-drive OHV engine that facilitates for easy maneuverability when mowing while the lightweight, 21-inch steel-deck is very durable and it’s even equipped with a TriAction cutting-system that ensures effective trimming of grass. On the other hand, the Troy-Bilt TB220 features a 3-in-1 design whereby it can be used for mulching, side-discharge and rear-bagging while its standard 1.9-bushel grass-bag helps to eliminate any unnecessary emptying when mowing (mid-mow). all in all, this lawn-mower is equipped with several other great features which include; a premium deck-wash, 1-quart fuel-tank capacity, an adjustable handle, a single lever speed-control, 6 cutting-height adjustments/settings and an 8-inch front by 11-inch rear wheels for optimum maneuverability when mowing.